Sponsored by:

Got an estimate from Armytrix

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2017, 07:27 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 C63S Coupe
Got an estimate from Armytrix

Ok, I'm in the market for a loud AF exhaust.
I've done some research and found the Armytrix to be pretty loud and seems to have good quality products.

I emailed them for the price of the full exhaust, and this is the estimate I've received:

Is this a good deal?

Also, one of my friends told me in order to increase performance together with the aftermarket exhaust, I needed to upgrade the air intake as well as doing an ECU tuning. I just wanted to get a 3rd opinion from you guys.

Thanks!
Old 01-03-2017, 08:45 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
C63S
Sounds like you need to hit up Golan at AutoTalent.
Old 01-03-2017, 09:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 132 Likes on 116 Posts
c-fo-fiddy
I know this is a $100k car but DAYUM! That isn't even for titanium... How have exhausts come to this? I swear once valves entered the picture, companies saw that as a chance to quadruple their price points over standard exhausts. Like: "Hey, if we add in $200 worth of valves and remotes, we can charge $3000 more for it." You gotta figure they're making $2000+ in net profit per exhaust.
Old 01-03-2017, 09:20 PM

Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts
2016 C63S
This price is insane! I don't see why it should cost 2x as much as others

Get an awe track edition as it's basically straight pipes from the axel back. Or have a shop custom make straight pipes. Also you drive a coupe and the exhausts are not the same. I see in the description it's says 15-17 so that means it's not for the coupe which is 2017 only. Just make sure whatever you do you leave the valve in the X pipe alone or your going to drone yourself crazy
I know awe was fianlizing the test for on some coupes so they should be realesing a coupe system very soon.
A few people on here have had good luck with just removing the mufflers.

cat back systems may gain you 10-15 HP but you really are not going to notice that when the car is 500+ HP already. If you want your car to be "loud af" and be insanely fast get downpipes, stage 2, and you don't have to worry about the rest of the exhaust.
I have ran my car with and without filters. With and without exhaust. And none of this made a diff in the 1/4. Tires and a tune are the only things that truly make a noticeable change
Old 01-03-2017, 09:34 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by bgm130
This price is insane! I don't see why it should cost 2x as much as others

Get an awe track edition as it's basically straight pipes from the axel back. Or have a shop custom make straight pipes. Also you drive a coupe and the exhausts are not the same. I see in the description it's says 15-17 so that means it's not for the coupe which is 2017 only. Just make sure whatever you do you leave the valve in the X pipe alone or your going to drone yourself crazy
I know awe was fianlizing the test for on some coupes so they should be realesing a coupe system very soon.
A few people on here have had good luck with just removing the mufflers.

cat back systems may gain you 10-15 HP but you really are not going to notice that when the car is 500+ HP already. If you want your car to be "loud af" and be insanely fast get downpipes, stage 2, and you don't have to worry about the rest of the exhaust.
I have ran my car with and without filters. With and without exhaust. And none of this made a diff in the 1/4. Tires and a tune are the only things that truly make a noticeable change
Thanks so much for your input buddy.
I'm a complete novice when it comes to car modification and I'd really appreciate help and patience from people like you.

Yes the price is insane. So much profit from selling these metal tubes.

So you're saying in order to make my car sound insanely loud, I can keep my exhaust and just add a downpipe?

Thanks!
Old 01-03-2017, 09:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c-fo-fiddy
I guess you're welcome? Or maybe I should say sorry for answering your question just as he did...
Old 01-03-2017, 09:59 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2020 C63 Coupe
To be honest and this is just my opinion and take on this. Companies get away with this just because they know you drive a Mercedes and AMG at that, they can over charge people.

At the end of the day, they use the same material and mandrel bend pipes as every other reputable companies that makes exhaust for other "non" German cars. But yet they cost fraction of the cost. The craftsmanship are not subpar either.

This is in no way saying Armytrix is bad by the way. I am sure they're a reputable company that has done lots of R&D on their products however my view stands that many companies are just taking advantage of car owners just because we drive a more expensive vehicle.
Old 01-03-2017, 10:40 PM

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
x
my iPE Exhaust was 3,800 free shipping and not for the titanium weight saving one, for the titanium i believe it was 5k lol. Mine came with xpipe and muffler bypass valve open/close
Old 01-03-2017, 10:45 PM

x

and you can see the ipe mufflers from the back!
Old 01-03-2017, 10:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c-fo-fiddy
Originally Posted by PL27
my iPE Exhaust was 3,800 free shipping and not for the titanium weight saving one, for the titanium i believe it was 5k lol. Mine came with xpipe and muffler bypass valve open/close
Can you make an "Mtv cribs" style thread about all those sweet rides in your garage? And maybe even get a sound clip of that Lambo? Pretty please????
Old 01-03-2017, 11:43 PM

x
Originally Posted by sean1.8t
Can you make an "Mtv cribs" style thread about all those sweet rides in your garage? And maybe even get a sound clip of that Lambo? Pretty please????

https://www.instagram.com/1fastc63s/ find my videos here
Old 01-04-2017, 12:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c-fo-fiddy
Originally Posted by PL27
Oh bummer they're all your parents cars?
Old 01-04-2017, 07:52 AM

Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts
2016 C63S
Originally Posted by C63S_Coupe_Jay
Thanks so much for your input buddy.
I'm a complete novice when it comes to car modification and I'd really appreciate help and patience from people like you.

Yes the price is insane. So much profit from selling these metal tubes.

So you're saying in order to make my car sound insanely loud, I can keep my exhaust and just add a downpipe?

Thanks!
Glad to help, these are what these forums are all about. I think that is really your only option at this time. I am not sure anyone has officially even released a coupe exhaust yet. and a sedan system will NOT fit. I have confirmed this with AWE.
I know someone who just fitted the FI downpipes on his coupe and it sounds great. the stock system on the Coupe is already louder then the sedan so you are already ahead of some of us haha
Old 01-04-2017, 08:29 AM

x
Originally Posted by sean1.8t
Oh bummer they're all your parents cars?
LOL