Kleeman tune?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 04:04 PM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
c63s sedan
Kleeman tune?

http://catalog.kleemann.dk/catalog/e.../#!prettyPhoto

anyone looked at this tune or have any experience with kleeman and these plug and play options? I was looking at Renntech ECU tune but the amount of work to remove ECU then send to them etc and then reinstall and possibly lose warranty etc. this just gives a diff option and a solid price. just wondering if anyone has tried it or has any experience.

thanks
Old 02-06-2017, 04:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63s AMG W205
Fairly pricy for a plug n play but it allows the tweaking of mapping? has anyone tried yet?
Old 02-06-2017, 08:27 PM

2015 C63S
I spoke with Kleeman US about this. They did not have any US users yet. IMO pricing is excessive. I just purchased TuningBox for much,much less. Install is forthcoming.
Old 02-06-2017, 09:10 PM

c63s sedan
Originally Posted by blaferty
I spoke with Kleeman US about this. They did not have any US users yet. IMO pricing is excessive. I just purchased TuningBox for much,much less. Install is forthcoming.
cool how much is tuningbox? havent heard of that one before?
Old 02-06-2017, 11:36 PM

c63s sedan
https://www.agency-power.com/shop/ec...mg-4-0l-turbo/

this one seems to popup a lot with online searches. VRTuning
Old 02-07-2017, 11:43 AM

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts
Mercedes Benz C43 AMG
Originally Posted by rbohgan
http://catalog.kleemann.dk/catalog/e.../#!prettyPhoto

anyone looked at this tune or have any experience with kleeman and these plug and play options? I was looking at Renntech ECU tune but the amount of work to remove ECU then send to them etc and then reinstall and possibly lose warranty etc. this just gives a diff option and a solid price. just wondering if anyone has tried it or has any experience.

thanks
That is very pricy for a plug n play option. I personally never liked the idea of piggybacks anyway since they just enhance by a percentage and do not actually perfect anything. Also, removing and shipping the ECU is not a complicated process at all. I shipped my ECU to AMR Performance in Connecticut and they had an ECU removal guide on their website which was convenient and very easy to follow. The car feels amazing and as far as I know, AMR doesn't void warranty. I have been to the dealer for plenty of services and updates and they do not detect a thing! That is my advice instead of paying tons of money for a piggyback that no one in the U.S even uses. Here is a link for your upgrade on AMR's website

http://shop.amrperformance.com/produ...e-ship-in-ecu/

If you do end up trying the piggyback, let everyone know how it works! I always like hearing people's tuning experiences and thoughts
Old 02-07-2017, 12:45 PM

c63s sedan
Originally Posted by getmercd
That is very pricy for a plug n play option. I personally never liked the idea of piggybacks anyway since they just enhance by a percentage and do not actually perfect anything. Also, removing and shipping the ECU is not a complicated process at all. I shipped my ECU to AMR Performance in Connecticut and they had an ECU removal guide on their website which was convenient and very easy to follow. The car feels amazing and as far as I know, AMR doesn't void warranty. I have been to the dealer for plenty of services and updates and they do not detect a thing! That is my advice instead of paying tons of money for a piggyback that no one in the U.S even uses. Here is a link for your upgrade on AMR's website

http://shop.amrperformance.com/produ...e-ship-in-ecu/

If you do end up trying the piggyback, let everyone know how it works! I always like hearing people's tuning experiences and thoughts
thanks man. i was just looking at that tune this morning found it online. will get more info on piggyback. anyone got instructions on how to remove ECU? how hard is it and how long does it take? i read online it takes liek 6 hours to remove? thats why i started more looking at piggyback for ease of use.
Old 02-07-2017, 12:57 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
thanks man. i was just looking at that tune this morning found it online. will get more info on piggyback. anyone got instructions on how to remove ECU? how hard is it and how long does it take? i read online it takes liek 6 hours to remove? thats why i started more looking at piggyback for ease of use.
took my shop less than 3 hours
The following users liked this post:
rbohgan (02-07-2017)
Old 02-09-2017, 01:55 PM

Mercedes Benz C43 AMG
He drove up to AMR and spent the day hanging out with them and tuning the car so how long exactly it took to remove the ECU I do not know. I couldn't imagine it takes too long since the ECU is on the nose of the car. Regardless I think it is worth it because his car runs amazing and smokes everyone in our town lol
Old 02-09-2017, 02:05 PM

c63s sedan
Originally Posted by getmercd
He drove up to AMR and spent the day hanging out with them and tuning the car so how long exactly it took to remove the ECU I do not know. I couldn't imagine it takes too long since the ECU is on the nose of the car. Regardless I think it is worth it because his car runs amazing and smokes everyone in our town lol
haha sounds good. i may just go with a piggyback tuningbox due to the easy install. its cheaper too only $600ish.
Old 02-09-2017, 08:36 PM

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts
'17 AMG C63S Edition 1 Coupe, '18 AMG C63S Convertible, '19 AMG GLS63
I heard that the piggyback ECUs only manipulate the ECU signals, until after a few weeks the ECU learns and resets to baseline?

And I'm pretty sure the ECU is indeed adaptive on it's own; it will allow/produce power according to your use, as cited in other threads.
Old 02-09-2017, 08:50 PM

c63s sedan
Originally Posted by FDNewbie
I heard that the piggyback ECUs only manipulate the ECU signals, until after a few weeks the ECU learns and resets to baseline?

And I'm pretty sure the ECU is indeed adaptive on it's own; it will allow/produce power according to your use, as cited in other threads.
where did you hear that? that would be news to me. ive run piggybacks before and never had a problem like that. unless this car is diff...
Old 02-10-2017, 11:21 AM

Mercedes Benz C43 AMG
Originally Posted by FDNewbie

I heard rumors of that also^. As I had an understanding, piggybacks are just amplifiers, so any defects in the factory tune would be more apparent and make the car act differently every time you drive it. This is a contributing factor to why I just had my ECU reprogrammed completely. I thought it would be worth the money to have the car run perfect all the time.
Old 02-10-2017, 11:25 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
Who wants to hear a nice joke?

Brabus charges $9000 for their piggyback tune LOL!
Old 02-10-2017, 12:14 PM

c63s sedan
Originally Posted by Guilty
Who wants to hear a nice joke?

Brabus charges $9000 for their piggyback tune LOL!
haha are you serious? does their tune come with a ford focus? lol
Guilty (02-10-2017)
Old 02-10-2017, 02:58 PM

Mercedes Benz C43 AMG
haha are you serious? does their tune come with a ford focus? lol
hahaha you guys have me dying at work lol
Old 02-14-2017, 08:14 AM

2016 C63 bril
I tried the DTE plug and play on my 63S and I lost 20wkw and 80nm torque the car made a whopping 345wkw and 669nm stock on 95ulp.
I rather leave my car stock as it runo down most or all the cars in our group. I have put in a set of BMC airfilters and Toyota R888's at the rears all that I can say it'sa rocket ship.
Old 02-14-2017, 09:05 AM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
CL500
Piggyback units alter the signals of the sensors and remap the vehicle by this type of method. The ECU will not readjust itself after time, Piggybacks are sold by many many companies and more and more are coming. They have been on the market for years. The flash tune will likely be a thing of the past in the not too distant future as the OE's start using rolling encryption and become more stringent on warranty aspects. my 2 cents, but I personally like the piggyback units and have had good success with them. Racechip , Dinan etc are all good units
Old 02-14-2017, 01:59 PM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
2017 C63S Convertible

I think it takes 2-3 hrs to remove the ECU. I had Eurocharged ECU tune 2 mos ago and love it. The labor fee (to remove and reinstall the ECU) for several authorized Eurocharged dealers in North Jersey was included in the price of the tune. At current $999 + overnight shipping charge, best bang for the buck imo.
sales@eurocharged.com (02-14-2017)
Old 02-14-2017, 03:18 PM

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts
19 E63s
Originally Posted by C63SEd1
I think it takes 2-3 hrs to remove the ECU. I had Eurocharged ECU tune 2 mos ago and love it. The labor fee (to remove and reinstall the ECU) for several authorized Eurocharged dealers in North Jersey was included in the price of the tune. At current $999 + overnight shipping charge, best bang for the buck imo.
Are you saying 999 including ecu removal and installation? If so that's disappointing as I live 15 minutes from their shop in Houston and was quoted 999 plus 400 install. Or perhaps you paid more than the current 999 offer? Still can't beat the dollar / hp

Last edited by jkob5; 02-14-2017 at 03:20 PM.
Old 02-14-2017, 10:46 PM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
2017 C63S Convertible
Originally Posted by jkob5
Are you saying 999 including ecu removal and installation? If so that's disappointing as I live 15 minutes from their shop in Houston and was quoted 999 plus 400 install. Or perhaps you paid more than the current 999 offer? Still can't beat the dollar / hp

I got the tune when it was on sale at $1500. I'll call the shop tomorrow and confirm.