Joined the AMG family

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 12:02 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 AMG S Coupe
Joined the AMG family

Hi Guys

Just wanted to say a big Hello to everyone seeing it's my first post.

On another note I picked up my new Black C 63 S coupe yesterday and I've been grinning ever since. I was initially tossing up between the R35 GTR and the Merc but test drove the Merc only and ended up putting a deposit down straight away, that V8 sound is very addictive.

Looking forward to passing that 1500klm mark so I can open it up a bit.
Old 02-15-2017, 12:11 AM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
C63 S Coupe Edition 1
Welcome to the family!

Any shiny pics to share?
Old 02-15-2017, 12:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 225 Posts
AMG C63s
Congrats on the new car and good choice with the colour
Old 02-15-2017, 01:12 AM

C63 AMG S Coupe
Thanks guys, I will post some pictures up this weekend after I finish work, I've only managed to do 100km in it so far.

Sanch your car was one of the reason why I went the Merc, you have a beautiful looking machine there mate.
Old 02-15-2017, 01:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
Originally Posted by Aussie Zinga
Thanks guys, I will post some pictures up this weekend after I finish work, I've only managed to do 100km in it so far.

Sanch your car was one of the reason why I went the Merc, you have a beautiful looking machine there mate.
Mate, glad I could help point you in the right direction and thank you

Look forward to seeing pictures of the beast.
Old 02-15-2017, 11:25 PM

C63 AMG S Coupe
Got a good drive in today to Gosford and back, car has 350km on clock now but it's cherry is far from popped. Seeing it not a daily driver, it looks like it will take close to 4 tanks of juice before I reach the run in period, so painful! Question, I was told bye the dealer to keep it in comfort mode only and don't exceeds 4500rpm at any stage before 1500km, is that what everyone was told and did for the run in?
Old 02-15-2017, 11:37 PM

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
W205 C63S AMG
Same for everyone
Old 02-15-2017, 11:58 PM

C63 AMG S Coupe
Sweet thanks, SuperNik.
Old 02-16-2017, 12:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
Got a good drive in today to Gosford and back, car has 350km on clock now but it's cherry is far from popped. Seeing it not a daily driver, it looks like it will take close to 4 tanks of juice before I reach the run in period, so painful! Question, I was told bye the dealer to keep it in comfort mode only and don't exceeds 4500rpm at any stage before 1500km, is that what everyone was told and did for the run in?
Nice, long drives are the best for running the car in rather than urban start stop trips. I drive my car daily so ran it in within 2/3 weeks. I took trips to Newcastle and Central coast a few times over the weekend which helped. If you're driving it in the city heaps your fuel consumption will be more.
Old 02-16-2017, 05:27 AM

C63 AMG S Coupe
Originally Posted by Sanch
Nice, long drives are the best for running the car in rather than urban start stop trips. I drive my car daily so ran it in within 2/3 weeks. I took trips to Newcastle and Central coast a few times over the weekend which helped. If you're driving it in the city heaps your fuel consumption will be more.
I'm heading out to Blacktown on Saturday arvo for a good run and the wife will put some kays on it tomorrow driving out to Palm Beach, should take about about 3 weeks to complete the run in I hope. How many kays you getting a tank Sanch? My first mods will be spacers and lowering the car, I might have to fix my driveway though first as it's on the limit now scraping.
Old 02-17-2017, 02:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 131 Likes on 115 Posts
c-fo-fiddy
Originally Posted by Sanch
Nice, long drives are the best for running the car in rather than urban start stop trips.
Most agree that it's the exact opposite.

You want to vary the RPMs constantly. Don't keep the RPM's at a constant. So freeway cruising is not recommended for too long.

There are 100 different theories for breaking a motor in, but that ^ part is pretty much universal to all of them.
Old 03-22-2017, 03:39 AM

C63 AMG S Coupe
Guys I've finally found the time in between the bad weather here in Aussie to drive the car enough for it to reach its run in period and I'm pretty impressed. Coming from a history of owning some pretty quick Jap turbo cars and then a SQ5 for family reason this has been my first V8 and I love that sound.

One question - does your car feel like it jumps into first gear in sport mode, sports +, race when slowing down to pull up at traffic lights? Obviously it doesn't do it in comfort mode but I've really noticed a considerable jolt when climbing back down through the gears to pull up?

Much appreciate any feedback, thank you.
Old 03-22-2017, 09:44 AM

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
AMG C63s Coupe
Guys I've finally found the time in between the bad weather here in Aussie to drive the car enough for it to reach its run in period and I'm pretty impressed. Coming from a history of owning some pretty quick Jap turbo cars and then a SQ5 for family reason this has been my first V8 and I love that sound.

One question - does your car feel like it jumps into first gear in sport mode, sports +, race when slowing down to pull up at traffic lights? Obviously it doesn't do it in comfort mode but I've really noticed a considerable jolt when climbing back down through the gears to pull up?

Much appreciate any feedback, thank you.
Yes, definitely. This issue was discussed quite extensively in the "common problems" thread. Folks describe it more as very, "cranky" at low gear in sport mode.
Old 03-24-2017, 07:50 AM

C63 AMG S Coupe
Originally Posted by Sawadeeka
Yes, definitely. This issue was discussed quite extensively in the "common problems" thread. Folks describe it more as very, "cranky" at low gear in sport mode.
Thank you sir.
Old 03-24-2017, 09:37 AM

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
nothing
Originally Posted by sean1.8t
Most agree that it's the exact opposite.

You want to vary the RPMs constantly. Don't keep the RPM's at a constant. So freeway cruising is not recommended for too long.

There are 100 different theories for breaking a motor in, but that ^ part is pretty much universal to all of them.
It's not theories but proven concepts and the requirement varies between different engines. An engineer had his or her say when adding that information for AMG engines. It's not about just varying the RPMs. The reason they mentioned staying in comfort mode and not to exceed a certain RPM is because of the harmonic frequencies generated at certain RPMs. For the break-in period, the engineers want owners to stay below a certain RPM for a 1000 miles. This is to make sure that the hand-built motor and its tolerances are 100% and that there was a good "wear-in" period that was unaffected by harmful vibrations caused by high RPMs.

Last edited by shoe3k; 03-24-2017 at 09:44 AM.