Exhaust valve on during start up?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2017, 02:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aventador SV / 991 GT3RS / C63S / M4
Originally Posted by RDOCA
What country are you in?
In the US it is a EPA thing as the car Mfg. cant' count the mileage gain with the start stop if it does not default to comfort.
Rdoca

Could be a US thing...I'm in Singapore..but if they can do it here I'm sure there's someone out there that can program it for settings to remain as previously set.
Old 03-17-2017, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Trim105
Very interesting indeed. The car is only supposed to keep drive select/exhaust/esp settings for 4 hours until it all resets to comfort.
As per my reply to Rodca..probably a US thing ...cause mine doesn't change even when parking over night
Old 03-17-2017, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Palpatine
Interesting that you mention at idle...

I'm almost always in either race or individual mode, and the noise at idle greatly depends on how hard you have your foot on the brakes.

The harder you press, the quieter it gets.
Palpatine

I know what u mean ! And I did some testing on my C63S the rear 2 muffler valves remains open when in sport + / race.

It's the center front valves that closes when u step hard on the brakes ..if u lift off just enough to hold the car that it doesn't creep forward the center valves open. But rear 2 valves are dependent on which mode is selected.

Not sure about the regular c63 if I remember correctly doesn't come with the center valves? And it's only with the performance exhaust? Correct me if I'm wrong
Old 03-17-2017, 04:16 PM

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
2016 C63s Sedan
Originally Posted by Spar7
Palpatine

I know what u mean ! And I did some testing on my C63S the rear 2 muffler valves remains open when in sport + / race.

It's the center front valves that closes when u step hard on the brakes ..if u lift off just enough to hold the car that it doesn't creep forward the center valves open. But rear 2 valves are dependent on which mode is selected.

Not sure about the regular c63 if I remember correctly doesn't come with the center valves? And it's only with the performance exhaust? Correct me if I'm wrong
Exactly... if you barely have your foot on the brakes, just hard enough so that the car doesn't creep up... it sounds awesome. But it's a lot of work.

Not sure if it's only with Performance Exhaust or not, I've got the sedan with the Performance Exhaust and have nothing else to compare it with. I'm sure some of the others on the forum, without PE, will chime in though.
Old 03-17-2017, 04:17 PM

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts
C63S Coupe/Range Rover Vogue SE
As per my reply to Rodca..probably a US thing ...cause mine doesn't change even when parking over night
Yeah it's definitely a US thing that the cars don't keep the previous drive settings from start up to start up. I'm in the UK and mine follows this '4 hours until reset' rule described in the manual.

Would be interesting to know how/why yours stays constant. Maybe its a Singapore thing either way pretty cool that the car keeps the settings for you.
Old 03-19-2017, 01:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 C63 bril
South African versions do the same after a few hours it reverts back to comfort mode
Old 03-19-2017, 05:49 PM

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
nothing
Palpatine

The standard exhaust and performance exhaust both have the center actuator. The performance exhaust has different rear mufflers, 2 actuators in the rear, and the of course the exhaust button.
Old 03-31-2017, 06:58 PM

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts
'17 AMG C63S Edition 1 Coupe, '18 AMG C63S Convertible, '19 AMG GLS63
Originally Posted by shoe3k
The best method would be to get the valves opened and unplug the harness for the actuators so they are stuck in that position permanently.
Originally Posted by AlexZTuned
This will cause a CEL and in some cases pull back power.
Is this the same?

Originally Posted by maxbeard4
I have modded the Back box on my C63s, If you open the back box you will see 2 pipes, one for quiet mode and one for loud(Race), You will see there are little slits around the smaller pipe which is the pipe used when you have the exhaust flaps open (Loud). If you cover these up you gather much much louder bangs on down shifts and all round louder volume. you can cover them up by welding them up with a metal plate.
Ie you'll lose power and get a CEL from the method maxbeard4 mentioned?
Old 04-03-2017, 09:40 AM

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
nothing
Originally Posted by FDNewbie
Is this the same?

Ie you'll lose power and get a CEL from the method maxbeard4 mentioned?
I'm not sure. I couldn't any information if this would cause a CEL. I would assume it would cause a soft CEL and not cause any performance related issues.