Sponsored by:

Eurocharged downpipes / tune review with video - C63s coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 12:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 Mercedes C63
Originally Posted by jkob5
I want that graph! It the power doesn't drop off it would be very tempting.
Dyno Graph Attached.

I don't think Philip @ EC would mind me quoting him on this. If he does, I will delete the post.

His quote when he sent me the attached dyno was 'Attached is graph, remember, I had nothing but wheel spin down low, I am very confident in your torque being over 600ft/lbs (: but the curve I am very happy with and we will work more on the development when Jerry’s turbos get here!'

On a prior email his quote was 'These turbos spool up very nicely and I have all kinds of wheel spin down low that I can't avoid on the dyno no matter how many people I get in the trunk (: '

I am content for the time being but think they will get more out of these things with some testing and development. I told them they could use mine as a guinea pig but they said they would rather abuse their car than a customer's car! I am anxious to see the results we can get after they do some further testing.
Attached Thumbnails Eurocharged downpipes / tune review with video - C63s coupe-2017-c63s-w-pure-turbo-dyno.jpg  
Old 05-16-2017, 01:03 PM

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts
19 E63s
Wow the hp curve starting at 5k looks so much better. That must drive completely different. Have you picked it up yet? How's it drive?
Old 05-16-2017, 05:18 PM

2014 Mercedes C63
Originally Posted by jkob5
Wow the hp curve starting at 5k looks so much better. That must drive completely different. Have you picked it up yet? How's it drive?
I have picked it up but have limited seat time in it....I have an admission....it is actually my girlfriend's daily driver! It has been hard to pry it away from her and get any time in it since we picked it up.

It does drive much differently than before. Not too noticeably different in the low end but it sure has woken up on the top end. Arguably the delivery is smoother and more controllable making it overall easier to drive. It is almost deceivingly quick now. You don't think you are doing much and then look up and you are at 100+ mph.

Jkob5 - if you are considering it, it is well worth the money. I personally have a BMW and that is how I became aware of PURE but had not done business with them prior to now. Jesse and Carol at PURE were fantastic to work with and they did an amazing job on getting these things turned around in just a matter of days so we weren't without the car too long. You already know how good Eurocharged is. Given the price point of this package, you just can't go wrong.

I did a very little bit of VBOX testing on the way home to Dallas from Houston when I picked it up and made 4 or 5 passes on a crappy back road about an hour north of Houston.

It is important to keep in mind that it is an Edition 1 Cabriolet which is code for this thing is as heavy as Shamu....its curb weight is 4226 lbs (i think this is about 200lbs heavier than the coupe and close to 300lbs more than the sedan) and I did these runs with a full tank of gas. Add to that I am no lightweight myself weighing in at around 225lbs. Keep that in mind when considering the below VBOX data. Also, keep in mind this is 'real' life data... not on a prepped track and with OEM tires at 40 lbs no less!....and with a driver (me) that hasn't figure out how to launch the thing worth a darn.

The best 60' time I could muster was 2.15s. Nonetheless, I did 7.7s @ 99.9mph for 660' and 11.6s @ 129mph for 1320'. Not terribly pleased with the ETs but I am happy with the trap speeds. If I can figure out how to launch the thing, I would be happier with the ETs. Had one 0-60 mph run at 3.6s and consistently doing it in 3.7s. 5-60mph is 3.5s. 0-100 mph is 7.7s.

I will admit those aren't earth shattering numbers but given the conditions, I am pleased. Undoubtedly those numbers can get better but I wanted to at least give you a 'real' life perspective from a 'regular' guy. This isn't a shop car or a dedicated track car, this is a real life daily driver.

I am going to throw some good tires on it and head to a track some time in the not too distant future. I am confident that a coupe or sedan with the same setup at the track would certainly flirt with, if not break into, the 10s.

Hope this info helps you make your decision. Let me know if you decide to go the PURE route.
Old 05-16-2017, 05:37 PM

Received 118 Likes on 102 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by tomc517
Yes I went with the Pure Turbos and EC installed and did the tune. Made 590whp on pump gas (93 oct). They couldn't really get a good torque reading due to wheel spin on the dyno but Philip says he is sure it is over 600lbs. They still have some dialing in to do on the tune but overall I am happy. It is my understanding they are ordering a set for their shop car to do some development. I will keep you posted and post a dyno graph for you tomorrow.
Can we get a break down of parts cost, labour cost and times?

Pure Turbos are very reasonably priced compared to some of the shop modded turbos making for a better priced Stage 3.

Were the tune modified for the turbos or were they just bolted on and running your stage 2?
Old 05-16-2017, 06:23 PM

2014 Mercedes C63
Originally Posted by RDO247
Can we get a break down of parts cost, labour cost and times?

Pure Turbos are very reasonably priced compared to some of the shop modded turbos making for a better priced Stage 3.

Were the tune modified for the turbos or were they just bolted on and running your stage 2?
With all due respect, I know the importance of needing this information to make an informed decision but feel like I should leave that to the professionals to quote. I will say this however, total package including PURE turbo upgrades, shipping, labor, and custom tune with EC, I paid less than some vendors are charging just for the turbo upgrade. Nothing against other vendors at all. Candidly I think they all have good stuff but for me this was the best bang for the buck.

PURE says you can just bolt up and doesn't need a custom tune but EC did a custom tune for me.
Old 05-16-2017, 06:27 PM

Received 118 Likes on 102 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by tomc517
With all due respect, I know the importance of needing this information to make an informed decision but feel like I should leave that to the professionals to quote. I will say this however, total package including PURE turbo upgrades, shipping, labor, and custom tune with EC, I paid less than some vendors are charging just for the turbo upgrade. Nothing against other vendors at all. Candidly I think they all have good stuff but for me this was the best bang for the buck.

PURE says you can just bolt up and doesn't need a custom tune but EC did a custom tune for me.
Thanks, that's all I was really after...

It's deffinately a better priced package for all to vonvider.
Old 01-07-2020, 11:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 Mercedes c63
Tune Results

I think I’m gonna pull the trigger on the downpipes, car sounds awesome. However , I just had the Eurocharge tune installed on my 2016 C63 (non-s) and picked up 98 hp to the rear wheels and over 100 lb of torque. I paid for 2 dune pulls and the results were pretty much the same on both pulls. The car is a freakin animal now , but being new to this forum , has anybody here ever heard of one of these picking up that much horsepower just from a tune. The butt meter feels definitely feels like it picked up that kind of power , but I was shocked at a 98 hp increase. Would the downpipes add any extra HP to the rear wheels or are they basically just for sound ? I just jumped ship from a 2009 P30 C63 so I’m trying to educate myself on this new platform. Even though I loved my M156 , this is a superior vehicle in my opinion. Next on the list is a turbo upgrade after the downpipes , if anybody has any input on that please let me know as I see there’s a few options out there.
Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_3338.mov (1.72 MB, 94 views)
File Type: mov
IMG_3337.mov (1.10 MB, 28 views)