Sponsored by:

Eurocharged downpipes / tune review with video - C63s coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 11:21 PM

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts
19 E63s
Eurocharged downpipes / tune review with video - C63s coupe

Had this installed a few weeks back and finally got some footage together.

I'll start with some videos.

Here is my car on the eurocharged dyno bone stock.

Here is my car post-install on another shops dyno during tx2k17

Here's my car revving at a cars and coffee (I know I know) (skip to 4:30) (this is someone else's video)

Here's an idle video post install.

Quite the difference, in several ways.

First off, I'll review the sound. This is a huge difference. The stock car sounds fantastic but it really doesn't make any noise. The downpipes increase the noise exponentially. On startup the car is loooud. This is regardless of if the valves are open or not. This is a bit of a problem if you are cold starting your car and do not want attention. You can help this by putting the car in gear quickly and the rpms will drop. I can get around this easily by starting the car in the garage, then shifting, then opening. When you start the car with the valves open, your ears will get a symphony. You will even get the pops / bangs on a startup. Revving sounds much much better as you can hear above. Much louder and more aggressive, the pops and bangs are increased, the "pops" sound more like "cracks", both sound great in my opinion. You can hear this clearly I think in the revving video above.

Driving around is much louder as well. The biggest difference is when the car is on boost. Even if the valves are shut, it is pretty loud on boost. This isn't a problem really because if you want the car to be quiet, close the valves and drive off the turbos. It is definitely louder than the original whisper quiet valves closed, but it's quiet enough in my opinion. Driving on boost with the valves open in car sounds terrific. It's definitely more raspy than before, but the decibel increase offsets that. It sounds slightly different in car than out. Outside as per the dyno video it's more of a shout, sounds similar to a NA v8 I think. I tried to capture this sound but unfortunately it just doesn't record well. In car it's a bit more raspy but verrry fun. The pops / bangs are more pronounced than before, this is probably a combination of the tune and the downpipes. As mentioned above, it's more of a "crack" sound than a "pop" sounds, you can hear what I'm talking about in the dyno video. Overall there are much more pops and bangs than before, against likely a combination of the tune / downpipes. Downshifts have never been more fun

Overall I'm very happy with the downpipes. As I understand it, you will need the tune as well or you will throw a CEL from the rear 02 sensor.

The eurocharged tune also makes quite a difference. The biggest difference is from 3-5k I think. There is much more power available here and the car is much more "eager" to get going. The easiest way to tell a difference is with the traction control, it's too slow to catch wheelspin. Before, if I was going 30mph and gave full throttle in 2nd gear, regardless of traction control mode the light would come on and catch wheelspin before it happened. Now, the wheels will spin a bit, rpms will climb a bit, then it will catch again. No traction control light. My best guess is the TC is too slow for the new power curve. As long as the tires are warm, you will stay pointed straight. If the tires are cold and you punch it in 2nd or 3rd (whoops), the rear will slide a bit but the stability control will keep you in check. Gunning it on cold tires isn't a smart idea with these cars tuned or stock though. Top end feels quicker but it's difficult to judge and as I'm sure you guys have seen, these turbos can't keep up in the 6-7k rpm range. Launch control still works but there is some smoke now

Install was painless. Took eurocharged just a couple of days. I'm local to the Houston location. Good people there. They dropped my tranny so I can revert to stock if need be. No CEL, no glitches, no unusual black dust on the back of the car, nothing like that. Car is running strong.

I did dyno the car at a tx2k17 meet but it was on a mustang dyno. The numbers are only a fraction higher than my original numbers, but those original numbers were on a dynojet on a cool crisp day. I believe anywhere from 6-15% difference from a mustang to a dynojet from what I've read, so I'm not putting too much into those numbers. I should be on the same dynojet at eurocharged next week, so I'll post an update then.

Overall, I'm very happy I went this route. The car is very different, more of an experience now everytime I drive it.
The following 2 users liked this post by jkob5:
C63_Ed1 (05-01-2017), sales@eurocharged.com (03-22-2017)
Old 03-21-2017, 01:29 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2017 AMG C43
No kidding! Great sound!
Old 03-21-2017, 02:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 225 Posts
AMG C63s
sounds amazing!!!

I take it they are cat-less down-pipes?

How is the smell? - I have heard a sedan with catless DP but the smell is something I could not stand.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:15 AM

19 E63s
Originally Posted by Sanch
sounds amazing!!!

I take it they are cat-less down-pipes?

How is the smell? - I have heard a sedan with catless DP but the smell is something I could not stand.
​​​​​​Yes they are catless.

Thanks guys. The only time I notice a smell is when I get out of the car after driving, and it's very underwhelming. Inside the cabin I smell nothing at all. My fiance can't smell anything either.
Old 03-21-2017, 04:52 AM

Received 117 Likes on 102 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by jkob5
​​​​​​Yes they are catless.

Thanks guys. The only time I notice a smell is when I get out of the car after driving, and it's very underwhelming. Inside the cabin I smell nothing at all. My fiance can't smell anything either.
Im taking the family to LA on holidays in July.

Taking my ECU with me to get this tune.

Just need to to find some RHD dump pipes....
Old 03-21-2017, 06:47 PM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
AMG GTR
Sounds great. Thanks for posting the video and write up. Looking forward to my install.

Last edited by NSAMG; 03-21-2017 at 07:24 PM.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:17 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
AMG GTR
What a sound! Thanks for writing down your experience and letting us hear some footage.
Old 03-22-2017, 01:50 PM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
2017 C63S Coupe 2018 Ford Raptor 2017 Corvette Z06 2013 Mercedes C63 2012 Mercedes C63 BS
Sounds amazing!
Old 03-22-2017, 02:42 PM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
Did you want your stock dyno graph? (:
Old 03-22-2017, 08:37 PM

19 E63s
Yeah wanna see a side by side. If only we could make Houston ambient Temps in the 40s again, ha.
The following users liked this post:
sales@eurocharged.com (03-23-2017)
Old 03-23-2017, 10:01 AM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
Your stock run. I can post up next week! (:

Old 04-09-2017, 03:03 AM

C63S
Yeah wanna see a side by side. If only we could make Houston ambient Temps in the 40s again, ha.
jkob, how's your car going?

Can we get an update on how you've found the new tune.
Old 04-09-2017, 02:10 PM

19 E63s
Originally Posted by RDO247
jkob, how's your car going?

Can we get an update on how you've found the new tune.
Car is running fine though I'm a little bummed I haven't seen any significant dyno gain. On a mustang dyno the car made almost exactly the same as the baseline and on a repeat dyno at eurocharged (dyno dynamics I believe) it made about the same as well. Conditions were ideal at baseline dyno and worse on repeats. They think it's a dyno issue and I'll re-dyno sometime in the near future. There are lots of variables with dyno numbers and I get that, but after you pay that kind of money it is human nature to want to see some bigger numbers ha The butt dyno feels faster but it's not trustworthy. I haven't posted an update because ideally I'd like to have a before / after dyno sheet for a more scientific evaluation to help people make their decision. Official update to come.

Last edited by jkob5; 04-09-2017 at 02:12 PM.
Old 04-09-2017, 05:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 Mercedes C63
Just had Eurocharged do a tune and install their downpipes on a 2017 W205 M177 C63S Cabriolet. Worth every penny. These guys (Philip, David, Jerry) are top notch guys and have awesome customer service. The results are awesome. If you are on the fence about this, do it…trust me…just do it. While I only gained 37 HP (484 to 521) to the wheels, it gained 104 lbs (489 to 593) of torque. The car is totally different now. Only one minor glitch which they are working on and I know they will take care of. No biggie.

The sound is what it should be now.

I am telling you, it is worth every penny.

Next up…turbos.
Old 04-09-2017, 05:16 PM

C63S
Originally Posted by tomc517
Just had Eurocharged do a tune and install their downpipes on a 2017 W205 M177 C63S Cabriolet. Worth every penny. These guys (Philip, David, Jerry) are top notch guys and have awesome customer service. The results are awesome. If you are on the fence about this, do it…trust me…just do it. While I only gained 37 HP (484 to 521) to the wheels, it gained 104 lbs (489 to 593) of torque. The car is totally different now. Only one minor glitch which they are working on and I know they will take care of. No biggie.

The sound is what it should be now.

I am telling you, it is worth every penny.

Next up…turbos.
Whats the glitch?

I can't afford to have any glitches as I'm in Australia...

I think their stage 2 graph shows 542hp/629tq at the wheels???
Old 04-09-2017, 07:18 PM

2014 Mercedes C63
The minor glitch has to do with the distronic. It causes some issues with that. If you dont have distronic, no worries. If you do, still no worries, should be resolved soon.
Old 04-09-2017, 07:34 PM

C63S
The minor glitch has to do with the distronic. It causes some issues with that. If you dont have distronic, no worries. If you do, still no worries, should be resolved soon.
Ok no problems, I have distronic, so I will speak with the guys about this before going forward.

Whats your our thoughts on the lower than expected dyno numbers?

Im looking for a dyno at the moment to record my base tune (have filters and AWE Track Edition Exhaust) but looks like all the close ones are Dyno Pak which the opporators are not sure if they can use for the W205 C63S due to the front wheels won't be rolling.

I wonder if the Dyno function in our cars over come this issue???

Otherwise I'll keep looking for a AWD dyno...

I'm keen to hear from others that chose Eurocharged Stage - 1 and 2 tunes for their cars to get some feedback as I'm just waiting for downpipes to turn up then will be purchasing a tune, a Eurocharged tune at this stage...

Feedback will be awesome...
Old 04-09-2017, 07:41 PM

2014 Mercedes C63
Overall I wouldn't necessarily say the results were lower than expected. Maybe a bit lower than expected HP but torque exceeded expectations. While I don't have any empirical performance data to share with you yet, it seems like it made a big difference just from the seat of the pants feel.
Old 04-09-2017, 08:33 PM

19 E63s
I think I'm having the same issue. I was about to call them tomorrow about it. After activating distronic after a few seconds I will get a distronic and lane assist error that will force me into limp mode. When I stop I get a electronic differential error. This goes away after restarting the car a few times. Same problem?
Old 04-09-2017, 08:38 PM

19 E63s
RDO yes you can dyno the car with the front wheels still. Put the car in dyno mode. Take the remote start button out. Put the key in, then turn it one click only. Then hold the left most and right most buttons in the steering wheel for a few seconds. Dyno option will appear. Same to turn off.
Old 04-09-2017, 10:37 PM

2014 Mercedes C63
I think I'm having the same issue. I was about to call them tomorrow about it. After activating distronic after a few seconds I will get a distronic and lane assist error that will force me into limp mode. When I stop I get a electronic differential error. This goes away after restarting the car a few times. Same problem?

Exactly the same problem.
Old 04-11-2017, 05:36 AM

C63S
Exactly the same problem.
Can you guys update me when your tunes have been sorted out please.
Old 04-11-2017, 09:45 AM

2014 Mercedes C63
Can you guys update me when your tunes have been sorted out please.
Will do. I talked to them via email yesterday...they indicate that they have run across similar issues on other platforms in the past and getting it fixed isn't a big issue. From my understanding, it is just a matter of getting with the technician and reclassing some of the code on the file.

I live in Dallas which is about a 4 hour drive to Houston. I don't plan to get down there again until the 1st week of May. It is my understanding that jkob5 is local to Houston so he may get a fix before I do.

Again these are such good guys at Eurocharged and have great customer service that I almost regret having mentioned this issue as I know they will take care of it.
Old 04-11-2017, 10:04 AM

C63S
Will do. I talked to them via email yesterday...they indicate that they have run across similar issues on other platforms in the past and getting it fixed isn't a big issue. From my understanding, it is just a matter of getting with the technician and reclassing some of the code on the file.

I live in Dallas which is about a 4 hour drive to Houston. I don't plan to get down there again until the 1st week of May. It is my understanding that jkob5 is local to Houston so he may get a fix before I do.

Again these are such good guys at Eurocharged and have great customer service that I almost regret having mentioned this issue as I know they will take care of it.
Thanks Tom,

Im glad you mentioned this issue as I was just about to purchase this tune.

The guys at Eurocharged are great and continually answer my endless questions and I hope they would have mentioned this issue if I was calling them with my credit card number.

Im in Australia so can you imagine pulling your car apart, sending you ecu overseas, refitting it and finding out there's an issue with the tune and have to go through the whole process again.

As as much as I want to get this tune done now, I think I'll have to wait for both of your updates to ensure that your cars are running 100% with no issues before I go forward with this.

Keep me posted and post up some pics and vids of your car so we can all check it out.

Oh yeah, do you have your dyno graphs for us to see?
Old 04-11-2017, 10:55 AM

2014 Mercedes C63
Thanks Tom,

Im glad you mentioned this issue as I was just about to purchase this tune.

The guys at Eurocharged are great and continually answer my endless questions and I hope they would have mentioned this issue if I was calling them with my credit card number.

Im in Australia so can you imagine pulling your car apart, sending you ecu overseas, refitting it and finding out there's an issue with the tune and have to go through the whole process again.

As as much as I want to get this tune done now, I think I'll have to wait for both of your updates to ensure that your cars are running 100% with no issues before I go forward with this.

Keep me posted and post up some pics and vids of your car so we can all check it out.

Oh yeah, do you have your dyno graphs for us to see?

In your case, being in Australia, I totally agree that waiting for this issue to be resolved is the way to go. It is worth the wait.

Below is my before and after dyno graph.

I will try to post some pics and videos in the next few days as well. However, I can tell you that a video just won't do justice to how good it sounds with Eurocharged's downpipes. Have Philip send you some pictures of their downpipes.....they are a real thing of beauty. When he built mine he had an extra set made so I think he can send you some pictures.

Other than just a couple 0-60 mph runs (more on this later), I still don't have any VBOX data after the tune and downpipe install to actually have hard evidence of the performance improvements. However, I will share with you some real life data. I also have a 2015 BMW M4 that I am running a pretty aggressive tune (Map 7 JB4), Eisenmman DPs, and about 35% ethanol mix that is putting ~520 HP and ~490 Ft-Lbs of torque to the wheels. The BMW only weighs about 3700 lbs as it sits. The C63S with it being a cabriolet is very heavy weighing in at an estimated 4300 lbs. Before the C63S tune and downpipes, the M4 would just destroy it. For a point of reference, the M4 runs around a 7.68 second 1/8 mile at just under 97mph at the drag strip (time slip attached) in very good conditions. VBOX data indicates that it runs an 11.6 quarter mile. After the C63S tune and downpipe install, the C63S will hold its own up to about 80 or 90 mph against the M4. I assume that is the 100lbs of torque advantage it has over the M4. After about 80 or 90mph the M4 will still pull on it. However, I am quiet certain that a sedan or coupe C63S with their lighter weight would outrun the M4.

I still don't have the launch perfected on the C63S...it is a bit of a hit or miss proposition for me so far. However, even without what I felt like was a great launch, I did achieve a 0-60 mph time of 3.8 seconds with a 1ft rollout via VBOX after tune and downpipes compared to 3.9 before the tune and downpipes with what I thought was a pretty good launch.

Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails Eurocharged downpipes / tune review with video - C63s coupe-2017-c63s-cabriolet-ed-1-before-after-tune-dps-dyno.jpg   Eurocharged downpipes / tune review with video - C63s coupe-bmw-m4-time-slip-768-05-01-2015-.jpg  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Eurocharged downpipes / tune review with video - C63s coupe