Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 02:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
C63s
Originally Posted by subzero05
TUNING (SOFTWARE) MOTOR REPLACEMENT POLICY

Eurocharged is so confident in our tuning offerings that we will warranty any motor against internal parts damage due to issues directly related to our software. Upon issue, we will require all parts be inspected by an approved dealer for analysis.

Products must be purchased directly through an authorized Eurocharged dealership in the US or Canada and not by a previous owner or 3rd party.

Coverage is for 2 years or 20,000 miles from the original in-service date.

Motor coverage is limited to $50,000.

Valid maintenance records will be required.

Problem parts including the ecu(s) may need to be shipped to Houston for diagnosis and repair. If the issue is deemed to be as a result of our tuning, we will reimburse for all shipping charges. If any parts are missing, we may deny the claim.

Warranty claim may be denied if determined that another tuner's software was installed on the vehicle at any given time.

Receipt required for Eurocharged software purchase.

not exactly the same as the Dinan warranty which is 4yr/50K on a new vehicle purchase or 2yr unlimited mileage on a vehicle outside of factory warranty . This of of course is for the upper end Dinan stuff , good to see EC has a "warranty program" though to some degree

Except if you have no dealer in your area, which nullifies this almost entirely. And by nullify I mean, you have to remove your ECU and ship to them to flash back to stock before each service visit. Who's going to do that???? +4-5 days total added to EVERY service visit (warranty, A/B, etc.). I have no dealer in my area, so it's a useless warranty. I would love to pull the trigger, but - no warranty, no money....
Old 05-15-2017, 02:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 368 Likes on 262 Posts
2017 Porsche 911 C4
Very interested in this. The reality is the amount of time and effort to remove, ship/flash, and install the ECU makes a flash a hard sell if you truly want to retain your factory MB warranty. A piggyback is much quicker to install/remove and won't leave traces like an ECU flash (since it's altering the factory parameters).

Always a good thing to have more options, especially from a big name
Old 05-15-2017, 03:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 178 Likes on 143 Posts
Mercedes-Benz E63s AMG
Originally Posted by auditoamg
Except if you have no dealer in your area, which nullifies this almost entirely. And by nullify I mean, you have to remove your ECU and ship to them to flash back to stock before each service visit. Who's going to do that???? +4-5 days total added to EVERY service visit (warranty, A/B, etc.). I have no dealer in my area, so it's a useless warranty. I would love to pull the trigger, but - no warranty, no money....
You make some good points... I don't know that EC will cover repair charges if the car is fixed at another shop -- it may just cover repairs done at their shop, but that's an important point. If they DID reimburse for damages fixed by another shop, then you wouldn't have to hide the tune from your MB dealership at all.
Old 05-15-2017, 03:50 PM

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
nothing
Originally Posted by AlexZTuned
Very interested in this. The reality is the amount of time and effort to remove, ship/flash, and install the ECU makes a flash a hard sell if you truly want to retain your factory MB warranty. A piggyback is much quicker to install/remove and won't leave traces like an ECU flash (since it's altering the factory parameters).

Always a good thing to have more options, especially from a big name
I wouldn't say a piggy is 100% undetectable because there are clues that MB has if they decide to explore, which Audi started to do on their cars. They could take a look at numerous items, such as fuel curves, EGT increase, boost thresholds (underboost), etc. because the data is there for analysis. You can't affect the power of the car without a parameter being changed/compensated by the ECU, especially when signals get manipulated.

It's not magic how piggybacks work and a lot of times these systems make the car more reactive, such as faking the signal for a lower boost reading and the car increases boost, but the ECU detects a lean condition and compensates with more fuel. It's not pretty and mostly works, but there are areas in the US where people live in high altitude and the ECU is already compensating for the atmospheric difference, which makes a piggyback pretty dangerous in that instance.

Last edited by shoe3k; 05-15-2017 at 03:58 PM.
Old 05-15-2017, 04:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 Porsche 911 C4
Originally Posted by shoe3k
I wouldn't say a piggy is 100% undetectable because there are clues that MB has if they decide to explore, which Audi started to do on their cars. They could take a look at numerous items, such as fuel curves, EGT increase, boost thresholds (underboost), etc. because the data is there for analysis. You can't affect the power of the car without a parameter being changed/compensated by the ECU, especially when signals get manipulated.

It's not magic how piggybacks work and a lot of times these systems make the car more reactive, such as faking the signal for a lower boost reading and the car increases boost, but the ECU detects a lean condition and compensates with more fuel. It's not pretty and mostly works, but there are areas in the US where people live in high altitude and the ECU is already compensating for the atmospheric difference, which makes a piggyback pretty dangerous in that instance.
I wouldn't necessarily say a piggyback is more dangerous at high altitude because you're still retaining all factory safe guards (knock sensitivity, etc. are left untouched). With an ECU tune, those safety parameters can be modified by the tuner. Because a piggyback is simply tricking the ECU, the ECU is never operating outside of the factory safety parameters. The only thing that'll happen is limp mode... which still isn't fun!

There are definitely pros and cons for both. No doubt an ECU flash is a better solution if warranty isn't an issue.
Old 05-15-2017, 11:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
C63s
Originally Posted by skim7x
You make some good points... I don't know that EC will cover repair charges if the car is fixed at another shop -- it may just cover repairs done at their shop, but that's an important point. If they DID reimburse for damages fixed by another shop, then you wouldn't have to hide the tune from your MB dealership at all.
Actually, you also made a few good points.
If the warranty covers you and the tune is good, why would anyone need to hide it in the first place, regarless of where it's installed????

Would that not be the point of DINAN's higher end, real tunes???
Old 05-16-2017, 09:35 AM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
CL500
Originally Posted by auditoamg
Actually, you also made a few good points.
If the warranty covers you and the tune is good, why would anyone need to hide it in the first place, regarless of where it's installed????

Would that not be the point of DINAN's higher end, real tunes???

I can say from experience on Dinan's BMW Dinantronics tuner it runs in parallel with the factory electronics. When I had my BMW and took it in for service I DID NOT remove my tuner. They did all their diagnostic work with it fully functional, including software updates!. I would think their upper end MB tuners would be similar. Their warranty also allows coverage at ANY dealership (regardless if they are currently a Dinan dealer or not) , or one of their independent shops. Again, this pertains specifically to BMW , but im guessing it will function similar on the MB side. The only caveat here is they don't have a bunch of MB dealerships established currently, so they would essentially have to work directly with "said" dealership should an issue arise with an electronics problem. That said, many MB dealerships across the country have "sister" dealerships that are BMW (who are dinan dealers). That probably makes the transaction easier since the sister is already doing business with Dinan and can vouch for how they operate.
Old 05-22-2017, 04:01 PM

Received 70 Likes on 60 Posts
'15 C63S
Dropped off my baby this morning. Will have it back by end of week.

Ameya's the engineer who's going to be working on the tune this week for my C63S sedan.

Snapped just a few photos while touring the facilities..

The loaner they gave me. A fully optioned 340i with all of Dinan's toys for it.

Last edited by vaelin; 05-22-2017 at 04:05 PM.
Old 05-22-2017, 04:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz E63s AMG
Whoa sweet, congrats! Looking forward to seeing some numbers!
Old 05-22-2017, 05:17 PM

'15 C63S
They'll be dyno'ing my Rebellion tune vs. stock vs. their tune.
Old 05-22-2017, 11:54 PM

CL500
That's quite a loaner car ! I would have thought it would be a Camry or something , definately not their own stuff !! NICE!!
Way to motivate you!
Old 05-23-2017, 01:37 AM

'15 C63S
It's not bad. Suspension definitely is nice though; hard to put my finger on it but it's nicely compliant on the street, but quite stiff when pushed. More comfortable than my C63S in Comfort.. yet zero body roll when hitting the turns.

But jeez it's so low.. I'm pretty sure there's less than 4" of clearance for the front splitter.
Old 05-23-2017, 07:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W205 C63s
Is this going to be a flash tune, or Piggyback? I'm actually hoping for a piggyback for ease of installation / removal.
Old 05-23-2017, 09:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz E63s AMG
Originally Posted by DarkProphet
I'm actually hoping for a piggyback for ease of installation / removal.
... said nobody ever. The only reason Dinan would do a full piggyback is if they can't crack the DME... I'd be very disappointed if they make a piggyback.

And the entire point of Dinan is their factory matching warranty, in which case, why would you ever want/need to remove the tune?

Last edited by skim7x; 05-23-2017 at 09:15 AM.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:17 AM

CL500
im sure it will be a piggyback. All the latest stuff from them has been this method.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 Porsche 911 C4
Originally Posted by skim7x
... said nobody ever. The only reason Dinan would do a full piggyback is if they can't crack the DME... I'd be very disappointed if they make a piggyback.

And the entire point of Dinan is their factory matching warranty, in which case, why would you ever want/need to remove the tune?
It will be a piggyback. Dinan stopped flash tunes years ago when ECU's became too difficult to decrypt/unlock. Their piggyback is not like a traditional piggy like Rebellion, it's probably more similar to what Performmaster offers:

http://www.performmaster.com/c63-amg/

I contacted them about this PEC tuning module but they do not sell to the United States unfortunately.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:51 AM

'15 C63S
It's an in-house developed piggyback; the same one they use for the Dinantronic Performance series (not the dinky Sport).
Old 05-23-2017, 12:54 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2016 C63S AMG
Did they give any indication as to when the product will be released?
Old 05-23-2017, 05:59 PM

'15 C63S
End of week to get a production ready product; they're primarily testing the tune on my car right now, making tweaks. After that they're having a second C63 (coupe) test it out as well.

Fairly imminent I'd say to actual launch/orderable.
Old 05-23-2017, 07:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 Porsche 911 C4
Originally Posted by vaelin
End of week to get a production ready product; they're primarily testing the tune on my car right now, making tweaks. After that they're having a second C63 (coupe) test it out as well.

Fairly imminent I'd say to actual launch/orderable.
Excited to see how much power they extract! Dinan is definitely notorious for very minor bumps in power compared to other tunes (for reliability, warranty, etc.), so it wouldn't surprise me if there's in only a negligible increase in power over stock.

For reference, the Dinan S1 on the M4 only increased 25 HP and 41 lb-ft, and instrumented testing showed very little difference over a stock M4: http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...ed-test-review

Part Number: D440-1644C-ST1 / ST2
Applications: 2015+ F80 M3 Sedan, 2015+ F82 M4 Coupe, 2015+ F83 M4 Convertible
Specifications:
BMW Factory Ratings: 444 HP, 406 lb-ft torque (507 HP, 463 lb-ft Measured)
With Stage 1 DINANTRONICS Tuner: 532 HP, 504 lb-ft torque
With Stage 2 DINANTRONICS Tuner, Exhaust and Cold Air Intake: 543 HP, 505 lb-ft torque
Release Date: Today, August 26th, 2016.

Hopefully I'm proven wrong, I'm very interested in picking one of these up!

Last edited by AlexZTuned; 05-23-2017 at 07:41 PM.
The following users liked this post:
track rat (09-30-2017)
Old 05-24-2017, 09:15 AM

CL500
Originally Posted by AlexZTuned
Excited to see how much power they extract! Dinan is definitely notorious for very minor bumps in power compared to other tunes (for reliability, warranty, etc.), so it wouldn't surprise me if there's in only a negligible increase in power over stock.

For reference, the Dinan S1 on the M4 only increased 25 HP and 41 lb-ft, and instrumented testing showed very little difference over a stock M4: http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...ed-test-review

Part Number: D440-1644C-ST1 / ST2
Applications: 2015+ F80 M3 Sedan, 2015+ F82 M4 Coupe, 2015+ F83 M4 Convertible
Specifications:
BMW Factory Ratings: 444 HP, 406 lb-ft torque (507 HP, 463 lb-ft Measured)
With Stage 1 DINANTRONICS Tuner: 532 HP, 504 lb-ft torque
With Stage 2 DINANTRONICS Tuner, Exhaust and Cold Air Intake: 543 HP, 505 lb-ft torque
Release Date: Today, August 26th, 2016.

Hopefully I'm proven wrong, I'm very interested in picking one of these up!

for the most part I would agree with this. They aren't the biggest power producers out there (by design due to warranty and reliability/longevity interests of your car), You could definitely get another product that might add more, but IMO we didn't pay top dollar for our cars to have super big power gains and risk reliability problems either.
Old 05-24-2017, 01:31 PM

'15 C63S
Given they're baselining against my Rebellion piggy with claimed 603hp and that I've been running reliably for a while, it might have them push the envelope a little. That's my hope anyways, but eh, I'd give up a bit for that warranty.
Old 05-25-2017, 09:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 Porsche 911 C4
Originally Posted by vaelin
Given they're baselining against my Rebellion piggy with claimed 603hp and that I've been running reliably for a while, it might have them push the envelope a little. That's my hope anyways, but eh, I'd give up a bit for that warranty.
How has the Rebellion piggy worked for you? I'm always concerned with piggys that the ECU will learn and adapt and pull back power (or limp mode). Well designed piggybacks don't have this issue, so I'm curious how Rebellion has been for you. Looking forward to your thoughts on how it compares to Dinan!
Old 05-25-2017, 10:27 PM

'15 C63S
I have a pretty in-depth review and discussion in another thread: https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-...ne-update.html

It's been fine after the revised one. No pullback on power, no codes. I have a OBDII scanner constantly plugged in and datalogging and haven't seen any issues. I let the Dinan guys know that as well.. kind of encouraging them to go a little bit more with their Stage 1.
Old 05-26-2017, 04:33 PM

'15 C63S
I just picked up the car this morning, and will provide a more full write up tonight.. But suffice it to say..Holy crap. In a good way. A very very good s*it eating grin way.

Dinan is going to make a definite splash with this.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dinan looking for a 4.0L turbo