C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dinan looking for a 4.0L turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2017 | 05:15 PM

C63S Sedan
Just ordered the UPD C63 M177 Induction kits... those coupled with the DINAN tune should be
Old 10-05-2017 | 05:16 PM

2017 M3
Originally Posted by DinanCars
All in good fun skim. Wait is almost over. I promise.

But to answer the earlier question. Skim is correct. Its a piggyback. Do not go to the DME as that would require removal and physical messing with the DME which does not play well with the factory matching warranty the ELITE offers.

Nice. Congrats. Does it burn your fingertips being on a Mercedes message board? =)
haha..no its all good...My M3 did turn in a lot better then the C63s..but love them both..next car may be the AMG gts..Or might go back to BMW..who knows..its all about what kind of deal i cant get.
but here is a question when this gets released will there be a list of places where we can have it installed?? Like anywhere near Pittsburgh??
Old 10-05-2017 | 09:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz E63s AMG
Originally Posted by mpizutti
but here is a question when this gets released will there be a list of places where we can have it installed?? Like anywhere near Pittsburgh??
Probably any Dinan dealership (can be located on their website). You'll be able to install on your own as well I believe, but then the warranty will not cover damages caused by improper installation.
Old 10-05-2017 | 09:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63s
Originally Posted by digitalnav
Just ordered the UPD C63 M177 Induction kits... those coupled with the DINAN tune should be
Is Dinan saying we shouldn't have this and expect the factory match warranty?
Old 10-05-2017 | 09:50 PM

C63S Sedan
Originally Posted by auditoamg
Is Dinan saying we shouldn't have this and expect the factory match warranty?
DINAN can you chime in?
Old 10-06-2017 | 09:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz E63s AMG
Originally Posted by digitalnav
DINAN can you chime in?
Obviously if it's Problem directly attributed to your intake mod, they won't cover it (ie during install you leave a bolt in the intake and it runs through and trashes your turbo). Other than that, an intake isn't going to affect anything and Dinan would take responsibility. That's obvious and that's what Dinan will say. The fuzzy part is when it actually happens and determining what REALLY happened... And nobody can tell you how that is going to work out. Depends on the situation.
Old 10-06-2017 | 09:33 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

BMW, Audi, MB, MINI, VW
Originally Posted by skim7x
Obviously if it's Problem directly attributed to your intake mod, they won't cover it (ie during install you leave a bolt in the intake and it runs through and trashes your turbo). Other than that, an intake isn't going to affect anything and Dinan would take responsibility. That's obvious and that's what Dinan will say. The fuzzy part is when it actually happens and determining what REALLY happened... And nobody can tell you how that is going to work out. Depends on the situation.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

As far as installers go... The website is in the process of getting revamped so the dealer locator will be a bit better for determining which dealers do what brands but that's still a bit out yet. In the Pittsburgh area we only have the BMW and MINI dealership officially I'm afraid. We are in the process of doing all the Mercedes dealership outreach so that will grow as they come aboard. Of course any Mercedes shop could do the install (or yourself) --- its not particular hard by any means its just some of the sensor locations are buried so its a decent amount of work to splay out the harness in the engine bay. Once the product goes live the installation instructions will be available to view on the product page so everyone can get a better sense of what is involved.
Old 10-06-2017 | 02:00 PM

2018 C63S Sedan
Looks like the modification is ready for pre-order on the Dinan website now.
https://www.dinancars.com/product/d4...?series=&mid=/
Old 10-06-2017 | 02:12 PM

'15 C63S
I'm so keeping the 3D-printed prototype piggyback box.

I've had zero issues with the tune the past five months.
Old 10-06-2017 | 02:20 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

BMW, Audi, MB, MINI, VW
Originally Posted by Chigs
Looks like the modification is ready for pre-order on the Dinan website now.
https://www.dinancars.com/product/d4...?series=&mid=/
Geez. Beat me to the posting of a thread. Was only up for like 5 minutes. =)

Regardless, new threads for the various ELITE's are now posted. Please post any questions going forward there if possible so its all in one place thats easy to find. For those that were inquiring about the 2.0L variant, it will be released at a later date but it is planned.

Originally Posted by vaelin
I'm so keeping the 3D-printed prototype piggyback box.

I've had zero issues with the tune the past five months.
You still have the 3D printed one on the car? Thought we swapped it out. I'll be out after today for a mini-vacation so send me an email if you want to swap it out and we will get that done.
The following users liked this post:
Chigs (10-10-2017)