C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some help on tire pressure warning.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2017 | 01:26 PM

C63S
Need some help on tire pressure warning.

Hi guys,

I was driving this morning and the tire pressure warnings came up. When I switched to the tire pressure screen, I found this:

I seems that the number is not too faraway, especially the front two. I drove it for another 20 miles and hardly noticed any changes. I also checked the tires, and there's no sign of puncture (car is brand new and has like 200 miles on it).

Did you guys also have this problem? Would appreciate if you can offer some advice.

p.s I will go check it again later this afternoon, and hope those warnings will go off.
Old 05-11-2017 | 01:49 PM

2016 C63s
I wouldn't worry to much about it. I've had it happen if its cold in the morning. Just reset it. If it comes up again check tire pressures or call SA.
Old 05-11-2017 | 02:17 PM

nothing
Just get a manual pressure gauge from Amazon. You can check the PSI manually and put air in it when it needs to be done. Sudden temperature changes will affect tire pressures. If you fill the air up and it is down again within a few hours then you have a problem with that tire.
Old 05-11-2017 | 03:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C63S Sedan
You need to set the pressure (cold) to the correct numbers on the back of the fuel door--Not the B pillar number. Then use the service utility on steering wheel screen to reset the base number as a reference. After you do this it will be accurate.
Many times the dealer will set tire pressure too high.
Old 05-11-2017 | 03:52 PM

'15 C63S
Looks to me that the pressure your TPMS sensors use as the warning cutoff is set way too high.

I don't know off the top of my head how to do it (I'm sure someone else will chime in with specific instructions), but you can change this threshold/warning pressure. I can't remember if it's that you change the actual warning pressure or if you set your normal pressures and then the warning pressure is calculated off of that. Either way, I'm sure the manual will tell you how to reset it.

Either way, as long as you don't see the pressure in one tire drop significantly more than the others, you should be fine.
Old 05-11-2017 | 04:22 PM

2016 C63 Wagon
Did you change your display to show PSI or did it come like that? Mine shows kpa which is not a number I am that familiar with.
Old 05-11-2017 | 04:29 PM

C63S
Originally Posted by dforman15
I wouldn't worry to much about it. I've had it happen if its cold in the morning. Just reset it. If it comes up again check tire pressures or call SA.
thanks man!
Old 05-11-2017 | 04:30 PM

C63S
Originally Posted by shoe3k
Just get a manual pressure gauge from Amazon. You can check the PSI manually and put air in it when it needs to be done. Sudden temperature changes will affect tire pressures. If you fill the air up and it is down again within a few hours then you have a problem with that tire.
thanks for the advice, I think I need to reset the tier pressure
Old 05-11-2017 | 04:31 PM

C63S
Originally Posted by RDOCA
You need to set the pressure (cold) to the correct numbers on the back of the fuel door--Not the B pillar number. Then use the service utility on steering wheel screen to reset the base number as a reference. After you do this it will be accurate.
Many times the dealer will set tire pressure too high.
Thanks for the advice. I will try to reset the number this afternoon.
Old 05-11-2017 | 04:33 PM

C63S
Originally Posted by msd3075
Looks to me that the pressure your TPMS sensors use as the warning cutoff is set way too high.

I don't know off the top of my head how to do it (I'm sure someone else will chime in with specific instructions), but you can change this threshold/warning pressure. I can't remember if it's that you change the actual warning pressure or if you set your normal pressures and then the warning pressure is calculated off of that. Either way, I'm sure the manual will tell you how to reset it.

Either way, as long as you don't see the pressure in one tire drop significantly more than the others, you should be fine.
Thanks for the info. I think the cutoff is not set up correct since all tires don't show any sign of losing pressure.
Old 05-11-2017 | 04:33 PM

C63S
Originally Posted by MarkC63
Did you change your display to show PSI or did it come like that? Mine shows kpa which is not a number I am that familiar with.
it came to me like this from the dealer.
Old 05-11-2017 | 05:44 PM

'15 C63S
Originally Posted by MarkC63
101.4 kPa = 14.7 psi