Sponsored by:

Bump and run on my Magno C63S... xpel just paid for itself

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 02:35 PM

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts
'2020 Ford Raptor w/ Racaros / 2018 AMG GTC / KTM Superduke 1290R
Bump and run on my Magno C63S... xpel just paid for itself

Some A$$hole bumped and run'd me this morning ... know exactly where it happened and noticed as soon as I came out of the business I was in. Little to say, the investment of a full Xpel on the Magno paint just fully paid for itself in stress and cost. This would of been an entire front end removal, sand, prep and repaint.. and even then it would never be matched to the rest of the car like the factory paint job is. Word to the wise who purchase the Magno; get it wrapped.
Old 06-30-2017, 02:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
C63s
Originally Posted by kck77
Some A$$hole bumped and run'd me this morning ... know exactly where it happened and noticed as soon as I came out of the business I was in. Little to say, the investment of a full Xpel on the Magno paint just fully paid for itself in stress and cost. This would of been an entire front end removal, sand, prep and repaint.. and even then it would never be matched to the rest of the car like the factory paint job is. Word to the wise who purchase the Magno; get it wrapped.
Glad your ride was safe.....
People are a$$ holes.....
Old 06-30-2017, 03:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 153 Likes on 118 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
I hope you called the police!! Don't let them get away with that.. I don't want them to do it to my car
Old 06-30-2017, 04:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 C63S Coupe Edition 1
Originally Posted by kck77

glad to hear you had the wrap! Do you have the normal clear wrap or Xpel Stealth? Is the color different? if so, how?
Old 07-03-2017, 12:54 PM

2009 C300
Pics????, many soon to be buyers would like to see the effects of bump and scratch.
I being one of them .... this color is on my list.

Before I read this thread...

1.Diamond White
2.Magno Grey
3.Polar White

Just no sure its worth the stress...while driving , and unattended parking

After I read this thread...

1.Polar White
2.Diamond White
3.Magno Grey

Read with humor.... Anyhow You have a very dark and edgy color, by far the coolest congrats!!!!
Did you go with the night package as well ?
Old 07-03-2017, 01:24 PM

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts
'2020 Ford Raptor w/ Racaros / 2018 AMG GTC / KTM Superduke 1290R
Originally Posted by c63_dreamin
Pics????, many soon to be buyers would like to see the effects of bump and scratch.
I being one of them .... this color is on my list.

Before I read this thread...

1.Diamond White
2.Magno Grey
3.Polar White

Just no sure its worth the stress...while driving , and unattended parking

After I read this thread...

1.Polar White
2.Diamond White
3.Magno Grey

Read with humor.... Anyhow You have a very dark and edgy color, by far the coolest congrats!!!!
Did you go with the night package as well ?
When I came out and noticed it
When I came out and noticed it
After washing
Wrapped with Xpel Stealth.. the xpel Stealth on Magno looks identical to the Magno paint finish in general; if anything it enhances the paints finish and gives it more of a sheen. All I need to have done is replace the small piece of xpel vinyl on the front bumper and that's it. No damage to the paint or body. Best 5 grand I have spent.
Old 07-03-2017, 02:48 PM

2009 C300
Wait I'm so stupid , I missed the " you had it wrapped "
brother in that case, your golden.

Place my order 2018 order end of July. Promise you I'm torn between this colors.
will keep a "Wrap" on the list of things to try
Old 07-05-2017, 07:45 AM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Porsche 911, C63S AMG, 300CE 24
Nice work

Did you get the edges done too?

If only the cameras could record you could catch the person who did that, I've had it happen so many times.
Old 07-06-2017, 04:33 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
2016 C63 Wagon
Originally Posted by spence88mph
Did you get the edges done too?

If only the cameras could record you could catch the person who did that, I've had it happen so many times.
I don't have the 360 camera and have been looking at aftermarket options. Not sure how good they are, but many come with a DVR to keep a record of everything when driving. Not sure if this is better than a separate dash cam.
They also have motion sensors and will start recording when the car is not running but the motion sensors detect a bump etc.
Some on AliExpress
http://s.aliexpress.com/fAzQFNB3
Old 07-07-2017, 03:07 PM

Received 70 Likes on 60 Posts
'15 C63S
I just picked up a BlackVue DR650S-2CH for this purpose. I've got Xpel Stealth, and I've seen a few bumper rash already.

What's so nice about these PPF products though, is the self healing ability. I've taken a key to the surface a few times to scare some friends when I show them the wrap.. then casually let water and heat 'heal it away'.
Old 07-08-2017, 11:02 AM

Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts
2016 C63S
I had this happen to my Audi and srt jeep. I know put a blackvue in my car as all as I get it. Makes you feel a lot safe especially with all the sue happy idiots. Some woman tried to sue my wife because she made a mistake and crashed her car. A "witness" came out of nowhere and after 2 years it finally got thrown out. I just got a daily ans just got a second dashcam to install in that.
Glad you had the PFF on there man. Great way to protect the investment
Old 07-09-2017, 08:44 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2017 AMG C63
Sorry to hear about the bump and run. Two things come to mind about that. One, as a new owner (two days ago) of a '17 AMG C63, one of the things I'm contemplating having done to the vehicle is a full front/hood/fenders/side mirrors Clear Bra. But because I'm on a 36-month lease, would it be worth it? Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Clear Bra's. I've had one on all of my vehicles going back more than 10 years. And on one of them, it saved the paint (some douchebag keyed the entire front of my '09 GT-R). I just don't know that with me leasing the vehicle it would be a smart move or not. Secondly, is it just me, or are we seeing an increase in all these hit and runs, or people backing into or sideswiping other vehicles? What happened to the days of a person accidentally striking another vehicle, and either waiting on the scene for the owner to return, or at least leaving a note with contact info?
Old 07-10-2017, 01:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
A forum member has mentioned BlackVue's tendency to overheat. That will be a problem during the parking recording.
Old 07-10-2017, 02:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C450
Originally Posted by otakki
A forum member has mentioned BlackVue's tendency to overheat. That will be a problem during the parking recording.

I have the 650s-2ch in both my F150 and C450. No overheating issues yet in the last 8 months. It's been pretty hot here the last month or so. Some overheating and resetting is being caused by using an improper SD card from what I have read. They say to use the original Blackvue cards (ripoff) or I hear the Lexar 633X are good too. There's something about the sandisks and other brands it doesn't like and causing this.

Take this info for what its worth. I'm still using the original blackvue cards in mine.
Old 07-10-2017, 06:33 PM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Porsche 911, C63S AMG, 300CE 24
Can you let us know what you think of the 650 2 ch? My dealer fits them for $1500 which is expensive but they cover the installation warranty etc. I am most interested in the recording when the cars parked, have had a lot of cars bumped and vandalized over the years.
Old 07-10-2017, 06:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C450
Originally Posted by spence88mph
Can you let us know what you think of the 650 2 ch? My dealer fits them for $1500 which is expensive but they cover the installation warranty etc. I am most interested in the recording when the cars parked, have had a lot of cars bumped and vandalized over the years.
Holy crapola! That's a huge install price.

It works well. My only complaint is the sensitivity is really high in parked mode recording so it basically records everything. Installation was dead simple if you want to tackle it yourself.

The quality of the video is good although the rear camera is 720 vs the 1080 of the front. If you have tint on the rear window like I do (30%) it can get a little difficult to see plates in the fading light.
The following users liked this post:
spence88mph (07-10-2017)