C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OEM/Factory Fire Extinguisher?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2017 | 11:22 AM

'17 AMG C63S Edition 1 Coupe, '18 AMG C63S Convertible, '19 AMG GLS63
Thumbs up OEM/Factory Fire Extinguisher?

So kaiwahsimon had mentioned in his thread (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-...63s-coupe.html) that his C63 came with a fire extinguisher under the driver seat as a factory option. It's obviously not a North American option, given his car is RHD. Anyone know the part # to the bracket, or where to find a diagram showing it?
Old 07-13-2017 | 11:42 AM

a class
Hi all, I only have the option number for this fire extinguisher and it is #682 from the option list. It is only hkd1600 which is around usd205. I should be able to pick up my car tmr and I will post photo of it.
Where can I find the part number?
The following users liked this post:
FDNewbie (07-14-2017)
Old 07-14-2017 | 01:51 AM

Hmmm....I'm reaching out to someone I know who should have access to the Parts Diagram to see if they can help me out with this...
Old 07-14-2017 | 11:50 AM

a class
Just got the car a few hours ago, amazing car!
Here is the pic of the fire extinguisher under the driver seat.
Actually it is quite small in size.
It's red and it matches the interior color.
Old 07-14-2017 | 02:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63s
Originally Posted by kaiwahsimon
Just got the car a few hours ago, amazing car!
Here is the pic of the fire extinguisher under the driver seat.
Actually it is quite small in size.
It's red and it matches the interior color.
The part number should be listed on the system somewhere, probably begins with A205.....
Old 07-15-2017 | 03:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
Unfortunately that's more of a gimmick than anything. People might look at it and think that it's cool, but a fire extinguisher that small is not likely to put out any fire. I looked into doing the same for my W204 C63 (OEM extinguisher option), and abandoned the idea.

If you're looking for an extinguisher that will actually do something, for instance when tracking your car, there are much better options.

I installed a halotron H3R under my passenger seat with a quick release bracket.
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...ml#post6921743
Old 07-16-2017 | 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by BLKROKT
Unfortunately that's more of a gimmick than anything. People might look at it and think that it's cool, but a fire extinguisher that small is not likely to put out any fire. I looked into doing the same for my W204 C63 (OEM extinguisher option), and abandoned the idea.

If you're looking for an extinguisher that will actually do something, for instance when tracking your car, there are much better options.

I installed a halotron H3R under my passenger seat with a quick release bracket.
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...ml#post6921743
Oh I agree. I dunno how small that extinguisher is, but its definitely too small to last for any significant amount of time necessary to put out a fire. Also, I agree 100% with a Halotron unit (the newer, environmentally free generation for what used to be Halon extinguishers). For those who are unfamiliar with Halotron, it has a higher boiling point than other extinguishers, resulting in greater throw length and overall effectiveness. And most importantly....it leaves no residue. Cuz with other extinguishers, what isn't burned is likely permanently damaged due to residue/stains from the extinguisher. But that's not the case with Halotron.

I'd like to see if I can make a 5lb bottle fit. That's much more likely to be useful in the event you actually need it.

The reason I'm interested in the OEM unit is I wanted to look through the parts diagram to see how exactly the bracket mounts to the seat rail. Some brackets can be quite intricate. For example, on my M5, it's a thick stainless steel plate that hugs the extinguisher, fastened by a "U" shape at the end. One end of the "U" shape actually fits into a slit in the seat frame itself. So it actually goes INTO the seat frame. And the other end of the "U" shape is used to cinch down against its opposing end. Basically, it fastens by wedging itself against the seat frame itself. Talk about overengineering. Assured it won't ever break and go flying around in the event of an accident

If the bracket is complex like that, I'd likely try to buy just the bracket and use (or adapt it to accept) a 5lb unit.