Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Active sound module

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2020 | 10:41 PM

C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by tobeit
When EVM is on the console button does not control the flaps anymore as the flaps are now always forced open. You still have different exhaust sound when in different modes as that is not just the exhaust flaps but so h-pipe valve, shift timing, fuel injection, timing etc. I just have my flaps always open and it gives you a bit more rumble even in C and cold start.
Thanks bud! That is exactly what I was looking for. Just one more question here. I have Akrapovic Exhaust on, do I still benefit from the EVM or it is 100% open already? Thank you in advance!
Old 09-23-2020 | 10:43 PM

C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by skim7x
When evm on, doesn't matter what you do with the exhaust button in the interior.

I have an ASR module for sale if you are interested... It's the RX1 version for pre FL models
Awesome! Thank you! And yes, how much are you asking for the ASR module?
Old 09-24-2020 | 02:51 AM

C45 amg
Yeah the interior button doesn’t work with the ASR module. I don’t care though. There is a slight more rumble in C mode.
On a 2019 model if you remove the PPF it then makes a big difference to the sound in C and S+ with valves fully open, but OEM valves mostly closed mode is exactly the same volume as stock valves closed. I suspect this is the same with a pre facelift secondary cat delete.
Old 09-24-2020 | 04:33 AM

2019 C63s AMG
Originally Posted by lucaollins
Thanks bud! That is exactly what I was looking for. Just one more question here. I have Akrapovic Exhaust on, do I still benefit from the EVM or it is 100% open already? Thank you in advance!
hey mate,

ive got a EVM with akrapovic exhaust, im in Australia and im pretty sure we dont have the PPF,

the module has improved the sound alot more, makes it alot deeper now.

I went with https://www.active-sound.eu/en/merce...ol?action_ms=1

As i wanted to keep the functionality of the OEM valve control button (this does require some splicing into wires)

Old 09-24-2020 | 06:53 AM

C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by Realbenz
Yeah the interior button doesn’t work with the ASR module. I don’t care though. There is a slight more rumble in C mode.
On a 2019 model if you remove the PPF it then makes a big difference to the sound in C and S+ with valves fully open, but OEM valves mostly closed mode is exactly the same volume as stock valves closed. I suspect this is the same with a pre facelift secondary cat delete.
That’s great. It’s fairly louder then right?
Old 09-24-2020 | 07:00 AM

C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by tkboi
hey mate,

ive got a EVM with akrapovic exhaust, im in Australia and im pretty sure we dont have the PPF,

the module has improved the sound alot more, makes it alot deeper now.

I went with https://www.active-sound.eu/en/merce...ol?action_ms=1

As i wanted to keep the functionality of the OEM valve control button (this does require some splicing into wires)
Hey tkboi,

Thanks for sharing!

It seems the one you posted requires to engage with CAN-bus in order to control it via the OEM valve control button.

Do you happen to know if our Akrapovic Exhaust system engages with CAN-bus as well since we can control the valve via the OEM button too? Or is it just plug-and-play?

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-24-2020 | 07:16 AM

2019 C63s AMG
Originally Posted by lucaollins
Hey tkboi,

Thanks for sharing!

It seems the one you posted requires to engage with CAN-bus in order to control it via the OEM valve control button.

Do you happen to know if our Akrapovic Exhaust system engages with CAN-bus as well since we can control the valve via the OEM button too? Or is it just plug-and-play?

Thanks in advance!
hey,

From what i know, the akrapovic system is plug and play with our existing system, therefore it just works with our factory exhaust button and doesnt do anything to the canbus.

So if you get the module for a stock system it will work exactly the same on the arkapovic system.

Old 09-24-2020 | 07:30 AM

C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by tkboi
hey,

From what i know, the akrapovic system is plug and play with our existing system, therefore it just works with our factory exhaust button and doesnt do anything to the canbus.

So if you get the module for a stock system it will work exactly the same on the arkapovic system.
Hello,

That’s great to know! Thanks for the info.

Also, since you have the Akra as well, do you find the sound to be a lot louder? I have mine on for awhile now but feel like it’s quite quiet, I wonder if the module will improve it dramatically.

Thanks!
Old 02-06-2021 | 01:27 PM

2018 c63
If anyone’s U.K. based I’ve sold my car so have one available. It’s for pre facelift, fitted to my July 2018 previously.

ASR c63 exhaust flap module with 2 remote controllers ( one still with film on) 9 months old and can provide receipt. £240 posted next day.

cheeky plug but also have BMC c63/ c63s air filters (pair) if anyone’s interested. Brand new £115 posted.

https://www.cksperformance.com/produ...SABEgLnWvD_BwE

Last edited by NJ 1161; 02-06-2021 at 01:30 PM.
Old 06-22-2021 | 06:39 AM

BMW M3
Is there any droning at highway speeds?

For those of you have PFLs with the stock Performance Exhaust, do you experience any droning in top gear at highway speeds and low engine RPMs? I would guess MB designs the valves to not fully open in those scenarios because that usually leads to an in-cabin drone. My PFL C63S is all stock and I intend to keep it that way, just wondering if there are any downsides to having the valves fully opened at all times. I spend a fair bit of my journeys cruising in top gear at 60mph/100kmh. Thanks!