KW HAS Spring?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 12:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 225 Posts
AMG C63s
Originally Posted by spence88mph
Sorry about my late reply, I don't think the codes are due to the KW kit, I believe the shocks throw error codes because of the ride height, the H&R spring kit is a pretty similar height though.

I'm switching to the H&R springs this week, I'll post the results.

I only get the error codes when i do high speed cornering, on test tracks, image of scan attached.. (Ignore the vehicle details, my car wasn't in the database)

Maybe we can get a group buy on the facelift!, I'll more than likely update too.

Thanks, it looks great but I wouldn't recommend lowering in general to be honest.
Yep, lots of noises from install but to be fair I have had similar sounds in my other cars with coils.
My car is now constantly making noises from the rear, pulling it all apart tomorrow, will update you guys.
Spence, let us know how it goes.
Old 03-21-2018, 03:11 AM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2017 C63S Sedan
Hey guys, does lowering the car with KW HAS coilover kit void my suspension warranty? Thanks.
Old 03-21-2018, 07:02 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2018 Mercedes C63s AMG
Originally Posted by Sanch
When did you get it installed.

Mine became fine after 3-4 weeks.
hi Sanch.....about the same amount of time has now lapsed.
Old 03-21-2018, 12:10 PM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
2018 C63s AMG
Originally Posted by g2lujinn
Hey guys, does lowering the car with KW HAS coilover kit void my suspension warranty? Thanks.

Yup
Old 03-21-2018, 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 284 Likes on 194 Posts
2021 Mercedes C63s AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by g2lujinn
Well depends on your dealer. MB flagged mine for taking it in with my HandR springs installed. Made a mental note of never going to MB with a mod. They do not take it well at all like BMW does as far as I have heard.

I have the H&R sport springs install and I get a squeak noise going over bumps. I am not sure if it is coming from the springs though because one of my friend on stock suspension gets the exact same noise.
Old 03-21-2018, 04:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by jatt143
There is another topic about these squeaking noises when you lower W205 chassis ( i think in c300 section ). Someone in Germany found that it was inner spring rubber cover that needs to be lubed up. This is why I'm not lowering mine yet because I had this annoying squeaking noise on my older C300 with H&R springs.
Can you tell me if you are reffering to the number 3 in the picture below?
Old 03-21-2018, 06:57 PM

2018 C63s AMG
Originally Posted by munis
Can you tell me if you are reffering to the number 3 in the picture below?
I never got around it because i removed my H&R and put back stock. ask the guy in that thread maybe he can help
here's what he found

Originally Posted by IstvanC
Just wanted to report that I think I've finally found the problem. After all these times at the workshop, trying to figure out what's wrong. Taking everything apart to be 110% sure everything is correctly mounted. It seems like it has nothing to do with my lowering springs..

I went to my dealership, and went in to the mechanics. They directly found a issue that's been reported on squeaking sounds from the front suspension. And a special lubricant oil is used. They didn't have time to do it there, so they borrowed me the oil and I lubricated it my self. It is the "rubber stop" or what ever it's called. That prevents the damper to fully compress. So I lubricated it as they told me. And for 2 days it's been good.

Pretty annoying from a brand new car, and the mechanics said they had a similar problem with the 204. And all this time I've been having headache over this annoying squeaking time. Well well let just hope this lubrication doesn't wear of to quickly.

Last edited by jatt143; 03-21-2018 at 06:59 PM.
Old 03-21-2018, 06:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I never got around it because i removed my H&R and put back stock. ask the guy in that thread maybe he can help
I dont think he checks the forums anymore, haha.
Old 03-21-2018, 07:03 PM

2018 C63s AMG
it could be very well #3 as he said in his post. try to put rubber lube or grease and drive around?
Old 03-26-2018, 07:54 PM

2018 Mercedes C63s AMG
sounds are back.....new ones....the squeaky spring-like ones.....out of nowhere.....couldn't tell you why.....pretty much done with this kit.

on to the next one or back to stock.
Old 03-26-2018, 11:56 PM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Porsche 911, C63S AMG, 300CE 24

Originally Posted by oajr
sounds are back.....new ones....the squeaky spring-like ones.....out of nowhere.....couldn't tell you why.....pretty much done with this kit.

Sounds like whatever lube the mechanic used has worn/washed off.

So I just got my car back after it was in the shop for a few days, they tried reseating the KWs but decided to flick them and install H&R springs.

I didn't want to have to re grease the kit every so often and it never felt great, always felt parts moving back there.

Took a few shots, I think the height is perfect, it was a tad lower but I am happy with this and it feels stock again, no noise but it is early days!
Old 03-27-2018, 07:40 AM

2018 Mercedes C63s AMG

So I just got my car back after it was in the shop for a few days, they tried reseating the KWs but decided to flick them and install H&R springs.

I didn't want to have to re grease the kit every so often and it never felt great, always felt parts moving back there.

Took a few shots, I think the height is perfect, it was a tad lower but I am happy with this and it feels stock again, no noise but it is early days!
Looks great! Height looks enough not to get me in trouble in and out of driveways. Would you mind measuring from bottom of fender lips to the ground for us? Or how many inches from the front lip to the ground?

Again, love the stance!
Old 03-27-2018, 08:05 AM

Looks great! Height looks enough not to get me in trouble in and out of driveways. Would you mind measuring from bottom of fender lips to the ground for us? Or how many inches from the front lip to the ground?

Again, love the stance!
Thanks mate, I imagine it will settle a tad lower, I think the height is pretty perfect, looks a bit more purposeful than the low rider look I had before.

So I just went out and measured from the inside, top edge of the fender lips, front is 26.5 rear 25.7 inches, hope this helps.

After a longer drive tonight I can say I'm really happy, car feels so solid, zero suspension noise, I highly recommend them.

Remember I do have front and rear KMAC kits, I wouldn't recommend lowering without them or some castor/camber solution.

Spence
Old 03-27-2018, 09:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I am getting a squeaky noise in mine as well, which goes away if use a water hose to spray water in the suspension area. I did it just to test that it is a suspension noise. Turns out it is. The noise was gone for 30 mins or so. Came back after the suspension dried again.

By the way I have the H&R sport springs as well not coil overs.
Old 03-27-2018, 09:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

That car looks unfreaking real! Honestly why does it look so damn good? Are you running spacers?
Old 03-27-2018, 10:55 AM

2018 Mercedes C63s AMG
Thanks mate, I imagine it will settle a tad lower, I think the height is pretty perfect, looks a bit more purposeful than the low rider look I had before.

So I just went out and measured from the inside, top edge of the fender lips, front is 26.5 rear 25.7 inches, hope this helps.

After a longer drive tonight I can say I'm really happy, car feels so solid, zero suspension noise, I highly recommend them.

Remember I do have front and rear KMAC kits, I wouldn't recommend lowering without them or some castor/camber solution.

Spence
thanks a ton! The rear is a little lower than I would have thought given how it sits. The front measurement is similar to mine now.

I think your setup is smartest of the bunch given your employ of the KMAC kits. Will probably order the springs and bushings today.

Thanks again,
Old 03-27-2018, 10:21 PM

2018 Mercedes C63s AMG
H&R springs and K-MAC front bushing kit ordered....thank you, Spence!

KW HAS spring kit available for sale in a bit.

Last edited by oajr; 03-27-2018 at 10:33 PM.
Old 03-30-2018, 08:25 AM

That car looks unfreaking real! Honestly why does it look so damn good? Are you running spacers?
Ha, thanks a lot mate, it's not running spacers, I think it looks a lot better due to the camber it's running, when i picked the car up after it was adjusted It looked a lot more symmetrical, especially the front.

thanks a ton! The rear is a little lower than I would have thought given how it sits. The front measurement is similar to mine now.

I think your setup is smartest of the bunch given your employ of the KMAC kits. Will probably order the springs and bushings today.

Thanks again,
Ahh that's great mate, I hope it works out for you, you'll have no regrets with the KMAC kit, just make sure the shop installing it really knows what they're doing and has the equipment to set it up right.

I noticed straight away the steering felt so good, way more direct, might have just been in my head though!
The following 2 users liked this post by spence88mph:
munis (04-02-2018), oajr (03-30-2018)
Old 04-03-2018, 07:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

So I lubed all the bushings and bumper stopper thingy over the weekend. It squeaks even more now!!!! what is going on? Guys will really appreciate some help with this, because I cannot make any sense out of it. I have the H&R sport springs only.
Old 04-03-2018, 08:20 AM

Sorry to hear that, is it coming from the front or back? Mine are still silent, wish they were a bit softer, but silent so far.
Old 04-03-2018, 08:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sorry to hear that, is it coming from the front or back? Mine are still silent, wish they were a bit softer, but silent so far.
It is from the front for sure. A quick test for suspension noise is to spray water in the suspension area and see if the noise goes away. I did that and the noise goes away for 30 mins and then comes back once the suspension dries again. Totally driving me nuts. Have to take it apart again and reinstall I guess. May be that will fix it.
Old 04-04-2018, 05:13 AM

2018 C63s AMG
It is from the front for sure. A quick test for suspension noise is to spray water in the suspension area and see if the noise goes away. I did that and the noise goes away for 30 mins and then comes back once the suspension dries again. Totally driving me nuts. Have to take it apart again and reinstall I guess. May be that will fix it.
did you align the car? if yes did you start hearing noises after alignment?
Old 04-04-2018, 09:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

did you align the car? if yes did you start hearing noises after alignment?
Yes I did, twice actually. I got my full height drop a good two months later because I do not load the car a lot. But the noise was there right from the first day, getting louder as time went by. And it is extremely annoying. Its like a combination of rattling with squeaking, haha. Eats my brain when I do not have the exhaust on to drown it out.
Old 04-11-2018, 05:24 PM

2018 C63s AMG
H&R springs and K-MAC front bushing kit ordered....thank you, Spence!

KW HAS spring kit available for sale in a bit.
any update bro? did you get the H&R kit installed?
Old 04-11-2018, 11:19 PM

Received 89 Likes on 63 Posts
2015 C63S ,DME Tune, KW Has ,Kmac Bushings,BC Forged wheels,Gt Rotors,Porterfield R4S,Modal Intake
I'm thinking these sounds might be related to install rather then the product .I have the KW Has kit and mine has never made any sounds and I've had the kit it in and out twice

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: KW HAS Spring?