H&R lowering springs c63s

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2019, 06:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 197 Likes on 158 Posts
2018 GT R; Tesla M3P
Originally Posted by thewb

If you want a solid feel you need a coilover kit more than just springs. Renntech specializes in Mercedes and have developed what you need. I have them in-stock ready to go.

I like the ability to control stiffness, coilovers will eliminate that for me surprisingly I had 0 issues with HR spring on my 2017 C43.
Old 08-05-2019, 11:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cls63 AMG
Originally Posted by spence88mph
Really happy with my H&Rs, the drop is perfect and no noise issues I had with the KW HAS.

I'd only recommend though if you're prepared to use something like the KMAC kit to get your camber correct otherwise it will be way out as mine was.

I don't think there's enough warming on how far out your car will be if you simply lower it.
I agree. I installed the H&R lowering kit on my cls and it literally destroyed my new two front tires. I had the car aligned right after but it wasn’t enough. I am now fighting that same issue and am in the middle of trying to correct it. Thank you for sharing the KMAC kit. 👌🏽
Old 08-05-2019, 11:55 PM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
GL450, AMG C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by NYCSoiL
I like the ability to control stiffness, coilovers will eliminate that for me surprisingly I had 0 issues with HR spring on my 2017 C43.
I had issues with my HR springs. Had to get my dampers re tuned with a set of adjustable ride height sensor links.
Old 08-22-2019, 06:56 AM

GL450, AMG C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by NYCSoiL
Not really happy with the ride quality on HR Springs, the car doesn’t feel solid and too much creaking noises. What other options are out there?
You can recalibrate the AMG ride control and the ride will improve greatly

Last edited by KAHBOOM; 08-22-2019 at 07:03 AM.
Old 08-22-2019, 08:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 197 Likes on 158 Posts
2018 GT R; Tesla M3P
Originally Posted by KAHBOOM
I went back to stock already
Old 01-14-2020, 02:10 AM

Received 54 Likes on 37 Posts
17 C63S coupe
Would you mind explaining the procedure please? Plan to install a set of H&R VTF springs next week and would like to go through this once after install, then again a few weeks later after they settle a bit. Thanks for your help.
Old 01-14-2020, 08:09 AM

GL450, AMG C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by deftronix
Would you mind explaining the procedure please? Plan to install a set of H&R VTF springs next week and would like to go through this once after install, then again a few weeks later after they settle a bit. Thanks for your help.
My tech at the dealership did it for me. I didn’t know that it was possible but he was able to adjust the ride control programming so that it better responded to the lower ride height. I have my car in today getting new brakes and rotors put on. When I go pick it up (probably tomorrow) I will see if I can get some additional information on the process.
Old 01-14-2020, 09:50 AM

17 C63S coupe
My tech at the dealership did it for me. I didn’t know that it was possible but he was able to adjust the ride control programming so that it better responded to the lower ride height. I have my car in today getting new brakes and rotors put on. When I go pick it up (probably tomorrow) I will see if I can get some additional information on the process.
Much appreciated!
Old 01-18-2020, 12:39 AM

GL450, AMG C63S Coupe
Much appreciated!
I inquired with the SA who said he would have the AMG tech text me with some additional detail.
What I do know is that the ride height sensors need to be programmed to recognize the lowered ride weight as “normal” to allow comfortable range of suspension travel while still preventing bottoming out.
Old 01-20-2020, 03:33 PM

17 C63S coupe
I inquired with the SA who said he would have the AMG tech text me with some additional detail.
What I do know is that the ride height sensors need to be programmed to recognize the lowered ride weight as “normal” to allow comfortable range of suspension travel while still preventing bottoming out.
Thanks for the additional info. Did you notice a handling improvement with the install of the carbahn camber arms? Love the fact they switch out the poly bushings for ball joints. I noticed a huge improvement when I did similar to my X5.
Old 01-20-2020, 03:52 PM

GL450, AMG C63S Coupe
Thanks for the additional info. Did you notice a handling improvement with the install of the carbahn camber arms? Love the fact they switch out the poly bushings for ball joints. I noticed a huge improvement when I did similar to my X5.
I definitely noticed a little more steering feel (in a good way) I can’t say that I noticed better handling from the camber arms alone, but it is a great solution for adjusting camber on a lowered c63. Overall the handling does feel better being lowered and the ball joints seem to enhance that with better steering feel.