Sponsored by:

Considering a C63..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2017, 06:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 CLS 550
Question Considering a C63..

Hey guys, I have a 2014 CLS550 on lease that matures this coming summer. I'm considering getting a C63 or C63s if I can get a sweet deal since its end of year, but I have a few questions.

1. Anyone know what the current pull ahead program is from MBFS?

2. If I were to consider a leftover new 2017 what discount should I be looking for at this point?

3. Is the difference between the mechanically diff and the electronic controlled diff drastic?

4. Anyone regret getting their C63? If so why?
Old 12-24-2017, 09:11 PM

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
2018 C63 Coupe
I just bought a C63 coupe on Friday. I was going to buy an M4 Competition on Saturday but I wanted to test drive a C63 before I signed the papers. I went to the dealer to drive a C63S coupe but their only car had just been sold. I test drove a C63S sedan and it was very fast but it didn’t light me up. I was going to leave the dealership but then I realized I forgot to ask about a non-S C63. Turned out they had a gray C63 coupe with AMG seats, perf exhaust, black leather, night package, multimedia. The second I sat in it I knew I wanted it. I started it up, put the exhaust in sport mode, gave it a couple of quick revs, and that was that. I told the CA I wanted to buy the car, right now. The CA was laughing, she said I looked like I had fallen in love. 15 minutes later I was signing papers. Do I wish it was an S? I don’t care, there was something about that specific car that I knew I wanted. If I want more power I’ll flash it. It doesn’t have an e-diff like the S does, but it does have a mechanical diff and torque vectoring. It doesn’t have race mode but it does have launch control. When it’s broken in I’ll dyno it to see exactly how much less power it makes than an S and decide if I want to live with it or flash. The pops and burbles this car makes on downshifts are all I care about right now, I can’t get over how good it sounds. And it drives way better than the M4, that car was stiff as a board even in comfort mode. I’m totally hooked on AMG now, already plotting how to get into a GT-S or an E63S in a couple of years.
Old 12-25-2017, 12:49 AM

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
C63S Sedan
Personally, never seen a non-s EVER in California. I feel like you'd regret it later feeling like its not as special.
Old 12-25-2017, 10:39 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
None yet....looking for C63

I do not know. I think that is up to you to negotiate. We were looking at dumping a lease with 3 months left and they were gonna do it...easily. We went a different direction financially but the option was there.

2. If I were to consider a leftover new 2017 what discount should I be looking for at this point?

I just picked up a leftover 2017 non S Cabriolet. $10k off MSRP is what we got.

3. Is the difference between the mechanically diff and the electronic controlled diff drastic?

I do not know since I don't have an S.

Hard to tell...have only had it 4 days. It is still an expensive car and my sensibilities struggle with a $1000+ note. I have a vette that I ended up selling because the note ate at me. Not because I can't afford it. Just because.... This car will be serving different duty so we shall see.
Old 12-26-2017, 10:07 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2018 Mercedes C63s AMG
10k off MSRP....great for you I say. A dealer I recently visited wouldn’t budge but 2,500 off the sticker so I walked. This was on a $90k S coupe. My plan is to order one should I finally decide on the C63 S AMG.
Old 12-26-2017, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by oajr
10k off MSRP....great for you I say. A dealer I recently visited wouldn’t budge but 2,500 off the sticker so I walked. This was on a $90k S coupe. My plan is to order one should I finally decide on the C63 S AMG.
I thought it was a pretty good deal. I mean you gotta figure...it was the end of the month...the end of the year...it was a convertible in December...and it was a leftover 2017.
When bargaining on a leftover, you have to realize the minute you drive off of the lot it is last year’s model and it’s is now used. So look at used car values and that’s is what you should bargain for and mention it straight up with your sales person/team. That is what I told them. It was an $85.8 MSRP. When emailing back and forth I to,d them to give me a price that would make me drive to look at it. They said 79k. I thought that was a good "move" so we went and looked at it. I liked the car but was still shopping. A few days later I hit them at $75k and they came back with $10k off of MSRP which is $75.8.

Theres another one just like it on their floor floor right now....silver/black non S cab. They’d probably make the same deal.
The following users liked this post:
oajr (12-26-2017)
Old 12-26-2017, 11:45 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2018 Mercedes C63s AMG
Originally Posted by FLYNLO

I thought it was a pretty good deal. I mean you gotta figure...it was the end of the month...the end of the year...it was a convertible in December...and it was a leftover 2017.
When bargaining on a leftover, you have to realize the minute you drive off of the lot it is last year’s model and it’s is now used. So look at used car values and that’s is what you should bargain for and mention it straight up with your sales person/team. That is what I told them. It was an $85.8 MSRP. When emailing back and forth I to,d them to give me a price that would make me drive to look at it. They said 79k. I thought that was a good "move" so we went and looked at it. I liked the car but was still shopping. A few days later I hit them at $75k and they came back with $10k off of MSRP which is $75.8.

Theres another one just like it on their floor floor right now....silver/black non S cab. They’d probably make the same deal.
i neglected to realize that it was a 2017 model, my bad. Definitely helps with softening the blow of the bank predicted 20% plus annual depreciation rate projected for these cars.

Enjoy the new car, they really are special.
Eclassed (12-26-2017)
Old 12-26-2017, 01:06 PM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

Received 82 Likes on 52 Posts
Pull forward program currently coming from a CLS550 to a 2018 C63s is 3 payments for the month of December.

As far as the opinion on the difference between mech. limited slip vs. elec. I'm sure they will vary. The benefits of the electronic limited slip will shine through on the track. I will say the diff, extra power and dynamic motor mounts collectively make the upgrade to an S worth looking into.

-Steve
Eclassed (12-26-2017)
Old 12-26-2017, 01:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 CLS 550

Thanks, I was quoted about 12% off on a 18' Sedan non-s. I just wasn't sure if I should keep looking for one with more options or not because that was a base car $69k. I never buy base cars but its also the only one that dealer had. On the flip side I'm not sure I'd spend $90k for a loaded S.
Old 12-26-2017, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by oajr

i neglected to realize that it was a 2017 model, my bad. Definitely helps with softening the blow of the bank predicted 20% plus annual depreciation rate projected for these cars.

Enjoy the new car, they really are special.
I swore I would never buy a MB because of that depreciation. It is quite disheartening for such an expensive, and wonderful car. But that is how I negotiated...like I was buying a used car.
Old 12-26-2017, 02:56 PM

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
c292 gle63S, Range Rover LWB
Originally Posted by Eclassed
Hey guys, I have a 2014 CLS550 on lease that matures this coming summer. I'm considering getting a C63 or C63s if I can get a sweet deal since its end of year, but I have a few questions.

Just an FYI, you can get out of your lease 6 months before the lease expires. So you can get a really good deal at the moment if you want.
Old 02-14-2021, 08:40 AM

Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts
2021 AMG C63 Coupe

I do not know. I think that is up to you to negotiate. We were looking at dumping a lease with 3 months left and they were gonna do it...easily. We went a different direction financially but the option was there.

I just picked up a leftover 2017 non S Cabriolet. $10k off MSRP is what we got.

I do not know since I don't have an S.

Hard to tell...have only had it 4 days. It is still an expensive car and my sensibilities struggle with a $1000+ note. I have a vette that I ended up selling because the note ate at me. Not because I can't afford it. Just because.... This car will be serving different duty so we shall see.
I regret ordering one lol Sh* took for ever to reach the west coast
23 hours and a wake up, the Coupe will be moored in long Beach.

Old 02-14-2021, 10:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 420 Likes on 303 Posts
AMG C63s
Originally Posted by FromV4_to_C63
I regret ordering one lol Sh* took for ever to reach the west coast
23 hours and a wake up, the Coupe will be moored in long Beach.
It seems you have the tendency to revive 3 year old threads. Correction, 4 years old.
Old 02-14-2021, 10:39 AM

2021 AMG C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by tobeit
It seems you have the tendency to revive 3 year old threads. Correction, 4 years old.
it seems like you have the tendency to reply to me about me replying to 3 year old threads. Correction, 4 years old
Old 02-14-2021, 10:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
it seems like you have the tendency to reply to me about me replying to 3 year old threads. Correction, 4 years old
Then why not stop it? Think someone from the original thread will pick up the conversation with you?
Old 02-14-2021, 11:15 AM

2021 AMG C63 Coupe
Are you the moderator? No , secondly man stop being so butt hurt go hug your wife , or husband or kids.
Stop sending that bad ju juj my way.

You really come off as up tight ! ,,, relax
Actually i dont care what you do.....

Old 02-14-2021, 11:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
Are you the moderator? No , secondly man stop being so butt hurt go hug your wife , or husband or kids.
Stop sending that bad ju juj my way.

You really come off as up tight ! ,,, relax
Actually i dont care what you do.....
Seems the child has spoken. Go on.
Old 02-14-2021, 11:49 AM

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
2019 AMG C63
Originally Posted by tobeit
Seems the child has spoken. Go on.
A child crying for attention by starting worthless threads, replying to dead ones and now insulting other members. Someone needs a time out, or even better, banning.
tobeit (02-14-2021)
Old 02-14-2021, 01:11 PM

2021 AMG C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by 4dr.no
A child crying for attention by starting worthless threads, replying to dead ones and now insulting other members. Someone needs a time out, or even better, banning.

All good bro!
This is my collection week , your butt hurt comments and **** retentive about who post what and were will be the farthest thing from my mid.
People come here to share , like , post , instant message .. and last time i checked i have been helpful to handful of people.
So me being Banned is a big "NO GO"

Anyhow , wish me luck this week.