Sponsored by:

Euro delivery pricing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2017, 01:52 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
C63s coupe
Thumbs down Euro delivery pricing

While shopping around I was surprised to see that BMW is offering a ~5% discount for Euro Delivery on M series cars. I used the Costco Membership discount service (a friend compared it and the Edmond's service and felt he got a better deal thru Costco) to start matters with a local dealer for a 2018 C63s coupe. I asked the salesperson if I could get the Costco discount _and_ a Euro Delivery discount and I was told no, I could only have 5% off.

Has anybody here had a counter experience? Other comments? TY
Old 12-28-2017, 08:18 AM

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts
2016 Cardinal Red AMG C63 S
Try another dealer.
Old 12-28-2017, 12:00 PM

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
c292 gle63S, Range Rover LWB
http://mbeuropeandelivery.com/savings.php

I am going through him, he has been great so far
Old 12-28-2017, 02:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 197 Likes on 158 Posts
2018 GT R; Tesla M3P
Originally Posted by Anotherone
http://mbeuropeandelivery.com/savings.php

I am going through him, he has been great so far
Were you able to get an additional discount from him?
Old 12-28-2017, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by NYCSoiL
Were you able to get an additional discount from him?
No. I am also working with a lease broker from NY, he said he can get me 10% off for ED. I'll update my post if I can get the 10% off.
Old 12-28-2017, 03:28 PM

C63s coupe
Re: Euro delivery pricing

Yes. I found Herb through another forum and talked with him yesterday.

As I now understand matters, MBZ (the manufacturer) provides Euro Delivery with 7% off for most regular models and 5% off for AMGs. The destination fee ($995) is also waived for Euro Delivery. Next, the dealer can provide some off if they want. That can be part of the Costco or Edmonds car buying programs or simply as a discount you negotiate with them. Thus, when all is said and done you can get to an effective 10-12% off MSRP for Euro Delivery on a regular model and to an effective 9-10% off for an AMG.

Furthermore, MBZ provides a lot of perks while you are in Europe.
Old 12-29-2017, 01:41 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
c63
What exactly is the costco offer?
Old 12-29-2017, 12:23 PM

C63s coupe
I have yet to get numbers out of a dealer. You start on the Costco web site, go to Automotive Services, and use the Build utility there. The Build details are then sent to a dealer and they contact you. The "normal" scenario is that you then go in, have a test drive, etc. and they give you a written offer including the Costco discount.

In my case I went in and test drove two cars. Then I told them I wanted European Delivery, and they told me I could have the 5% Euro Delivery discount _or_ the Costco discount, which would not amount to 5%.
Old 12-30-2017, 01:43 PM

C63s coupe
Talking I am doing the deal

The numbers are good. Herbert Haemmer is great to work with.

My plans are to fly into Amsterdam. Stay at least a day and night there (I been there many times, including last year on business). Rent a car for drop off in Stuttgart. Spend a day and night at the Nürburgring (probably part in an AMG GTR). Spend two days and nights in Stuttgart, picking up the car on the second day (Friday). Then travel on so that in some manner I am in Prague by Tuesday evening. After that my plans are open except they include two days in Berlin, one in Copenhagen, and car drop off and return from Amsterdam.
Old 12-30-2017, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by rroberts

My plans are to fly into Amsterdam. Stay at least a day and night there (I been there many times, including last year on business). Rent a car for drop off in Stuttgart. Spend a day and night at the Nürburgring (probably part in an AMG GTR). Spend two days and nights in Stuttgart, picking up the car on the second day (Friday). Then travel on so that in some manner I am in Prague by Tuesday evening. After that my plans are open except they include two days in Berlin, one in Copenhagen, and car drop off and return from Amsterdam.
What deal did you get from him? You can PM me if you don't want to post here...
Old 03-05-2018, 01:19 AM

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
2010 Audi S4, 2019 GLC 43,07 BMW Z4 M coupe
Originally Posted by rroberts

rroberts , can you share what kind of deal you've got from Herbert ? I talked with him last week . He really is a guy !
Old 03-06-2018, 05:59 PM

C63s coupe
Lanoipat, I sort of hesitate to go into too many details in the open forum. That said, however, I figure that I am saving at least 9.25% on my deal for a C63s with EDP. There is the base 5%/7% factory discount for an AMG/std model (5% for me since I am getting an AMG). Then there is $995 saved since there is no destination fee charge on my EDP car. Next, I can use the Delta airlines travel voucher, so that saves a little more. ANd Escondido MBZ and Herbert Haemmer gave me some "dealer discount" as well.

The amount of dealer discount should seemingly vary on a case-by-case basis. Nonetheless, some dealers are routinely giving a 3% dealer discount on everything, while others give -0%-. Logically there should also be the matter of the car a buyer wants. Is it a base std CLA or an optioned out AMG S-class. Reportedly, MBZ dealers are getting a set %-of-sticker commission for all EDPs, but that does not sound like standard industry practice. Manufactures typically give different commissions or incentives to move some models over others. The commission on the base car versus the added options should also matter, since base car profit is almost certainly lower than options profit.

Incidentally I met with Herbert face-to-face the other day. I took the lady friend to San Diego for the week end and we stopped in Escondido. He is as charming in person as in his electronic persona.
The following users liked this post:
lanoipat (03-07-2018)