C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Struggling to find any wheel shop that can do edition 1 style wheels?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2018, 12:07 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 AMG 2016
Struggling to find any wheel shop that can do edition 1 style wheels?

Hi

Just sent my wheels in to be done editon 1 style at a local wheel place. On phone guy says yes we do wheels for Mercedes all the time and knows exactly what the edition 1 wheels are with the red lip and red amg logo. Sent the rims down without the centre caps as I was still waiting for those to arrive.
End result was **** red lip was not a perfect circle (or even close) and the AMG font looked all messed up. Worse of all it wasnt even done the right color - he did them gloss block. The look on his face when I placed the hub cap in and the color wasnt even close to matching. He agreed to give me the wheels back for no charge but sanded them lightly to ensure I could not put them straight on my car - not that anyone would! Has anyone else successfully had their wheels refurbished in this style?

Here is a picture:

Best Regards
Mark
Old 02-03-2018, 12:08 PM

C63 AMG 2016
Old 02-03-2018, 01:34 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
2016 C63 AMG Wagon
The Edition 1 and matte black multi-spokes have a raised lip around the outside which makes them much easier to paint (edition 1) or machine (matte black). The silver multi-spokes don't have that lip which I imagine would make it difficult to paint on a perfect circle.
Old 02-03-2018, 01:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 178 Likes on 143 Posts
Mercedes-Benz E63s AMG
You'll waste more time and money than worth while trying to replicate an Edition 1 rim than just buying the real thing. There are several on the forum for sale. Buy once, cry once.
The following users liked this post:
AMGSuperSaloon (02-11-2018)
Old 02-03-2018, 03:43 PM

C63 AMG 2016
Originally Posted by AMGWagon
The Edition 1 and matte black multi-spokes have a raised lip around the outside which makes them much easier to paint (edition 1) or machine (matte black). The silver multi-spokes don't have that lip which I imagine would make it difficult to paint on a perfect circle.
Hi

I did not know this thanks for that. But the red could be done around the whole lip it would look almost identical to edition 1 as they only stop just before

Last edited by Mark Noble; 02-03-2018 at 03:46 PM.
Old 02-03-2018, 03:44 PM

C63 AMG 2016
Originally Posted by skim7x
You'll waste more time and money than worth while trying to replicate an Edition 1 rim than just buying the real thing. There are several on the forum for sale. Buy once, cry once.
Im from the UK mate. I managed to get all 4 rims used for a good price. With import and postage from the US would be way more expensive!
Old 02-04-2018, 04:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 178 Likes on 143 Posts
Mercedes-Benz E63s AMG
Originally Posted by Mark Noble
Im from the UK mate. I managed to get all 4 rims used for a good price. With import and postage from the US would be way more expensive!
Gotcha. Not sure how it works in the UK, but I have had good luck using the same paint shops that my MB or BMW dealerships recommend... I just give them a call and ask who they use for their body work and paint jobs... One BMW facility just built their own paint shop for custom wheel paint jobs that does a phenomenal job... Have you tried going through them?
Old 02-05-2018, 07:18 PM

C63 AMG 2016
Originally Posted by skim7x
Gotcha. Not sure how it works in the UK, but I have had good luck using the same paint shops that my MB or BMW dealerships recommend... I just give them a call and ask who they use for their body work and paint jobs... One BMW facility just built their own paint shop for custom wheel paint jobs that does a phenomenal job... Have you tried going through them?
Phoned mercedes by me and they recommend the company who butchered my wheels. But I have found another company who will do it and seem legit lets see how it goes this time.

Thanks again mate.
The following users liked this post:
AMGSuperSaloon (02-11-2018)