Cruise Control + Sport Handling Mode together

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2018, 12:19 PM
KJ

Received 113 Likes on 74 Posts
2020 GLE 53 AMG
Cruise Control + Sport Handling Mode together

Can anyone here use cruise control while in sport handling mode?

If so, which region of the world do you live in? I want to get this coded on my car so that I can use both at the same time.
Old 06-02-2018, 10:39 PM

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
C63s(lost)/E250/GTR(Sold)/GTS(Carbonerre)
Originally Posted by KJ
Can anyone here use cruise control while in sport handling mode?

If so, which region of the world do you live in? I want to get this coded on my car so that I can use both at the same time.
Question answered: Any stock vehicle is impossible get cruise control under ESP off or sport.
If possible by coding, only way to achieve this is crack the ESP control , Engine control , powertrain control, and DTR control unit. sounds like you have to pay a **** lot of money to do that, if its possible to alert.

Last edited by srO_Michael_Orz; 06-02-2018 at 10:41 PM.
The following users liked this post:
KJ (06-03-2018)
Old 06-03-2018, 02:58 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 C63s AMG - 2011 CL65 AMG - 2015 G63 AMG
Why would you want to do this?
Old 06-03-2018, 04:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 113 Likes on 93 Posts
The best or nothing
Originally Posted by 4LTwinTurbo
I'm also curious.
Old 06-03-2018, 08:29 PM

Received 93 Likes on 68 Posts
2024 X5 M60i, 2018 C63S Coupe (sold)
Sounds like he's probably trying to attempt some kind of fixed-speed skid pad testing?
Old 06-04-2018, 09:58 AM
KJ

2020 GLE 53 AMG
Because I love to take turns quickly and enjoy correcting the car when the tail steps out. Sometimes I'll give it a little extra gas to merge into traffic and it steps out a little, but allows you to keep up your speed without cutting the power. Or sometimes, you need to pull a u-turn and a little extra gas allows you to rotate the tail (instead of doing a 3-point turn if it's a tight roadway).

But then in areas where there are lots of speed traps, I like to hit the cruise control to stay out of trouble.

In snow, it's essential to have this control because sometimes you need to power your way out of snow (vs the DSC cutting the power and losing momentum), then after you get going, the cruise control lets you manage your speed. Right now, I have to keep pressing the DSC button when I want cruise control.

On my previous M3, they had MDM, which allowed more slip angle (and I coded the car to enable the "Euro" MDM which allowed even more slip angle) and cruise control would still work. I drove the car in Euro MDM mode 100% of the time.

Last edited by KJ; 06-04-2018 at 10:48 AM.
Old 06-04-2018, 11:53 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 C63s AMG - 2011 CL65 AMG - 2015 G63 AMG
Originally Posted by KJ
Because I love to take turns quickly and enjoy correcting the car when the tail steps out. Sometimes I'll give it a little extra gas to merge into traffic and it steps out a little, but allows you to keep up your speed without cutting the power. Or sometimes, you need to pull a u-turn and a little extra gas allows you to rotate the tail (instead of doing a 3-point turn if it's a tight roadway).

But then in areas where there are lots of speed traps, I like to hit the cruise control to stay out of trouble.

In snow, it's essential to have this control because sometimes you need to power your way out of snow (vs the DSC cutting the power and losing momentum), then after you get going, the cruise control lets you manage your speed. Right now, I have to keep pressing the DSC button when I want cruise control.

On my previous M3, they had MDM, which allowed more slip angle (and I coded the car to enable the "Euro" MDM which allowed even more slip angle) and cruise control would still work. I drove the car in Euro MDM mode 100% of the time.
I get your reasons for driving everywhere in Sport Handling Mode, I do it too. I think the reason for why cruise doesn't work in that mode is pretty clearly a safety concern.
If a slide were to start the computer might not know how best to modulate the throttle, so it only allows cruise in the most conservative traction control mode. In another rwd sports car I had cruise control on in heavy rain. I hit some standing water and as the back end lost grip, the revs climbed as my speed dropped slightly, thankfully traction control was on because if trac was off or partially off the car might try to just keep giving throttle to try to get the speed to climb to the set target which could be dangerous
Old 06-04-2018, 02:32 PM
KJ

2020 GLE 53 AMG
I get your reasons for driving everywhere in Sport Handling Mode, I do it too. I think the reason for why cruise doesn't work in that mode is pretty clearly a safety concern.
If a slide were to start the computer might not know how best to modulate the throttle, so it only allows cruise in the most conservative traction control mode. In another rwd sports car I had cruise control on in heavy rain. I hit some standing water and as the back end lost grip, the revs climbed as my speed dropped slightly, thankfully traction control was on because if trac was off or partially off the car might try to just keep giving throttle to try to get the speed to climb to the set target which could be dangerous
On my M3, if the traction control ever triggered, the cruise control would automatically turn off. I had the car for so many years in sun, rain, snow and never any drama.

I'm just hoping someone from the UK or something says "Hey, our cars allow both to be on at the same time". If not, I won't bother trying to figure out if someone can help me code it.
Old 06-04-2018, 02:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 113 Likes on 93 Posts
The best or nothing
Originally Posted by KJ

Alright, it makes total sense now, especially with your car and driving skills. Well, let us know if you can figure it out.
The following users liked this post:
KJ (06-04-2018)