MB command Bluetooth Youtube Audio won't play

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2018, 09:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 605 Likes on 345 Posts
19 E63s, 23 M3 compX, B9 SQ5
MB command Bluetooth Youtube Audio won't play

Ok so I've used bluetooth streaming from youtube once in a while before and it always works. Past two days, all other audio streaming from my iphone works, music, Pandora, soundcloud, Spotify etc. Everything except Youtube works. Whenever I have the youtube video/song playing the command message reads "Device paused" while the video will continue playing on my phone with no sound coming from the speakers. I switch back to any other app and the sound come through on the speakers just fine.

Anyone else experience this? Was there a recent update to the youtube app that paused playback on MB command? This doesn't make sense.

Last edited by raudiace4; 06-29-2018 at 09:49 AM.
Old 06-29-2018, 12:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 284 Likes on 194 Posts
2021 Mercedes C63s AMG Coupe
I had have a similar problem where I would not get any usb audio. A hard reboot fixed it for me. Press and hold the eject button for 10 seconds and the system should reboot. If not an SCN update from the dealer might fix it.
Old 07-06-2018, 02:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
C180
Originally Posted by raudiace4
Ok so I've used bluetooth streaming from youtube once in a while before and it always works. Past two days, all other audio streaming from my iphone works, music, Pandora, soundcloud, Spotify etc. Everything except Youtube works. Whenever I have the youtube video/song playing the command message reads "Device paused" while the video will continue playing on my phone with no sound coming from the speakers. I switch back to any other app and the sound come through on the speakers just fine.

Anyone else experience this? Was there a recent update to the youtube app that paused playback on MB command? This doesn't make sense.
I have the exact same problem and can't play audio from my YouTube videos (previously it was ok). I suspect it has to do with the updated YouTube app on my iPhone X...
Old 07-06-2018, 09:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 605 Likes on 345 Posts
19 E63s, 23 M3 compX, B9 SQ5
Originally Posted by Desmond Lim

I have the exact same problem and can't play audio from my YouTube videos (previously it was ok). I suspect it has to do with the updated YouTube app on my iPhone X...
I can't find a solution.. It's really annoying.
Old 07-06-2018, 09:58 AM

C180
It is annoying knowing there is no solution for this. I think we have to wait for the next YouTube app update to see if it will make a difference. I tried Dailymotion and the videos can play audio through my MB Comand just fine. So, it is specific to my iPhone YouTube...someone else tried his Oppo phone YouTube and it worked. So, the issue is not on MB Comand.
Old 07-07-2018, 08:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E 350
Originally Posted by raudiace4

i have the same issue started just after I downloaded a YouTube update - the music plays but I can no longer control YouTube through the Command - keeps telling me the device is paused -
Old 08-14-2018, 10:08 AM

C180
Hey guys, just to update you all that the latest YouTube update version 13.31 released 14 Aug has fixed the issue for me. My Comand can now play YouTube videos with sound via Bluetooth from my iPhone X!
The following 2 users liked this post by Desmond Lim:
KJ (08-14-2018), raudiace4 (08-14-2018)
Old 08-14-2018, 11:22 PM
KJ

Received 113 Likes on 74 Posts
2020 GLE 53 AMG
Originally Posted by Desmond Lim
Hey guys, just to update you all that the latest YouTube update version 13.31 released 14 Aug has fixed the issue for me. My Comand can now play YouTube videos with sound via Bluetooth from my iPhone X!
It works for me now too!