C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sold my M4 !!! Just purchased the 2019 C63s Coupe ! new to the AMG/Mercedes world!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2018, 05:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sold my M4 2 days ago, just bought a 2019 C63s Coupe! Will be delivering in January!
Sold my M4 !!! Just purchased the 2019 C63s Coupe ! new to the AMG/Mercedes world!

Whats up everyone, my name is Eric, I just recently sold my 2018 BMW M4 Comp 2 days ago and purchase the 2019 c63s coupe! I have done some research, mainly the same motor, but a diff 9 speed transmission. I am a basic modification kind of guy (downpipes, tune, fbo, ect...) How will this car compare to others! My c63s will be here in January so just a few months to go. I heard the downpipe install needs a transmission drop? any weak points of the w205 motor? will the new DCT be stronger or more capable than the previous transmission? anything I should watch out for? I also heard the turbos are larger on the 2019 w205 but I have no idea if that is true! If someone can brief me that would be awesome. I am very familiar with cars and mechanics, but not modification or the aftermarket world of mercedes as I have been with BMW for the past 4 years. I am very excited for this change! If anybody recommends any brands, parts, websites that I should be using to source certain things that would be cool! I am located in NYC so hopefully will get to see some of your cars around!

Last edited by stealthamg; 10-11-2018 at 05:31 PM. Reason: had some questions
Old 10-11-2018, 08:57 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2021 C63S AMG, 2020 Mclaren 600lt Spider
congrats on the purchase! i recently got a 2018 because they gave me a really good deal because my original plan was to wait for the 19s as well. From what mercedes said the motor is the same and with the new 9 speed dct there wont be any performance gains. I personally dont believe that to be true and we wont find out forsure til 19s start delivering and people test it out. as for exahust your only real option is to get DPs. you can either cut it in half and get a 2 piece dp or if you get a one piece dp you have to drop the trans. you would also need a tune or spacers to clear the cel. im waiting till i hit 2k miles and doing the break in service before i start modding. Plan on doing a secondary cat delete and a dinan tune.
Old 10-11-2018, 09:09 PM

Sold my M4 2 days ago, just bought a 2019 C63s Coupe! Will be delivering in January!
Dope man! Glad there is a 2 piece downpipe option to make life easier. I know that regardless, the downpipe labor still takes a while, I rather just not have the transmission dropped for it, maybe there will be difference since there is a 9 speed DCT in play now. But not sure if they came out with downpipes yet for 2019 as the exhaust is supposedly a bit different. I will also be waiting for that 2,000 mile initial break in service or whatever the distance is (on my M4 it was 1200 miles for break in). I would like those piston rings to seat themselves nicely. You can follow me on instagram @madnessm4 but will eventually change my username to something more mercedes focused, just trying to keep what I got a secret from my followers to keep it a surprise! lol
Old 10-11-2018, 10:09 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
AMG
Congratulations man! I myself am pretty excited to get behind the wheel of the 19 C63 just to see what that DCT feels like. Also interested to see if our downpipes will fit the new 19's. Won't know until I get a chance to have one at our facility for test fitting I suppose. As you probably already know, we have a lot of experience when it comes to the M3 / M4 so it will be interesting to see how this new C63 compares!

As mentioned above, if you want to choose not to drop your transmission then you can cut your stock downpipes in half and then use a two piece downpipe like ours and have no issue installing (assuming that these will fit that car with the new transmission). The next best route would be dropping the transmission.

Shah @ SSR Performance
Old 10-12-2018, 02:43 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2018 C63s Estate, 2017 gla 45 [Sold] 2017 smart 44 brabus sport [for the Mrs]
congrats all on your purchases and future tunes on your C63 vehicles. I know this is splitting hairs but your vehicles may be getting MCT transmissions rather than DCTs. the good news is you'll have a much smoother daily driver. It does shift super quick so it will feel like a DCT.

one thing to perhaps do more research on is the particulate filters in the exhaust on the 2019 models if you're modding. not sure if this may make exhaust mods more complicated or not .

All the best and enjoy !
Old 10-12-2018, 02:49 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
F83 M4
Congrats man, I’m in the same boat as you and I can’t wait to get my delivery which will be in early December
Old 10-12-2018, 02:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2019 C63s Coupe
I'm new to MB World as well, coming from my 4th BMW but I'm heading down to the dealership in about 30 minutes to finalize the build on my new 63s coupe. Looking at mid December delivery and can't wait. AMG has really stepped up their game and nobody can beat the interior, even the new G20 BMW, while an upgrade over my F30 it still isn't in the same ball park as the C's.

Looking forward to being an active member of the forum and learning a ton from everyone!

-James
Old 10-12-2018, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by right_mr
congrats all on your purchases and future tunes on your C63 vehicles. I know this is splitting hairs but your vehicles may be getting MCT transmissions rather than DCTs. the good news is you'll have a much smoother daily driver. It does shift super quick so it will feel like a DCT.

one thing to perhaps do more research on is the particulate filters in the exhaust on the 2019 models if you're modding. not sure if this may make exhaust mods more complicated or not .

All the best and enjoy !
Thanks man! Yeah I heard about the exhaust filters, apparently were designed for emission purposes but not sure if that is what it is for. Since the motor platform is the same I assume the exhaust design should be also, probably just an extra set of secondary cats are in place as those "filters" lol
Originally Posted by Singh_129
Congrats man, I’m in the same boat as you and I can’t wait to get my delivery which will be in early December
Dope man!

Originally Posted by DarthBalls
I'm new to MB World as well, coming from my 4th BMW but I'm heading down to the dealership in about 30 minutes to finalize the build on my new 63s coupe. Looking at mid December delivery and can't wait. AMG has really stepped up their game and nobody can beat the interior, even the new G20 BMW, while an upgrade over my F30 it still isn't in the same ball park as the C's.

Looking forward to being an active member of the forum and learning a ton from everyone!

Yeah man BMW is just outdated, exterior, interior, everyone has one. AMG's are FAR more rare than bmw's and even GTR's in my opinion. I am from NYC and they are everywhere! lol.

-James
Old 10-14-2018, 03:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 197 Likes on 158 Posts
2018 GT R; Tesla M3P
Congrats! Can't wait for mine too haha... Why did you sell your M4?
Old 10-15-2018, 04:41 PM

08 Lexus IS
lol, I have an M3 lease ending in April. Im strongly considering the c63s!