Sponsored by:

2019 C63S Deliveries

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2019, 06:47 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 XC90
Originally Posted by superswiss
Sedans still go through the VPC at the nearest port. You just don't have to deal with customs, but your car will go through the port as well for final inspection and delivery to the dealership. They don't deliver directly from the factory.
Ah I did not know that, thanks. It is fustrating that they can’t give me any clue to when it might be done or at least get going again. I placed my order in October. I am strongy considering moving to a M5 now.
Old 06-06-2019, 08:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 197 Likes on 158 Posts
2018 GT R; Tesla M3P
My car has cleared customs and now also stuck at VPC... Just give me my damn car lol
Old 06-06-2019, 10:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,817 Likes on 2,551 Posts
2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by NYCSoiL
My car has cleared customs and now also stuck at VPC... Just give me my damn car lol
It's gonna take a few days for ED cars to get through the VPC. They have to reprogram the Infotainment system and load it with the USA maps, and reprogram the engine ECU for USA octane levels. They will also look the car over for any damage incurred during your trip and possibly during transportation. They'll make sure the car is brought up to factory condition again.
Old 06-06-2019, 05:45 PM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
2019 MB C63s Coupe, 2004 Audi S4, 2011 Porsche Boxster Spyder, building Cobra Daytona Coupe now
Mine arrived in port on 5/25 (AMG Yatz posted the ship up above) and I picked up last Friday 5/31. This was from an order last June! Brilliant Blue C63s coupe, night package, aero package. I drove it straight to the clear wrap installer where it is being fully polished and the wrap installed. I, too, was close to giving up on the order and either buying something else or resetting for a 2020. I got an extra 3% off for the delay so everyone was happy.... Now I wait until Tuesday when it should be done! Next up on the hit list is a sound system. Is anyone aware of a high-end system install in our car? I read one thread (link referenced in it: https://w205audio.wordpress.com/) but it was more of a partial, and thoughtful, upgrade rather than a full-on high-end system.
Old 06-08-2019, 06:01 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
2019 C63S

getting closer! Should be a month out!
Old 06-08-2019, 08:28 PM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
2019 AMG G63, 2020 AMG C63s Coupe
Originally Posted by C63CScott

getting closer! Should be a month out!
Good lord, I think we spec'd our cars exactly the same, can't see if you ordered the AMG Head-up Display or Digital Instrument Cluster though. Mine will be a 2020 model, dealer said my order would be processed in July or sooner. When your car comes can you upload a bunch of pics?
Old 06-09-2019, 04:44 AM

2019 C63S

This is what I got
Old 06-09-2019, 08:29 PM

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts
2019 AMG C63S / 2014 Tundra / 2015 Built WRX
Originally Posted by ABuds
Mine arrived in port on 5/25 (AMG Yatz posted the ship up above) and I picked up last Friday 5/31. This was from an order last June! Brilliant Blue C63s coupe, night package, aero package. I drove it straight to the clear wrap installer where it is being fully polished and the wrap installed. I, too, was close to giving up on the order and either buying something else or resetting for a 2020. I got an extra 3% off for the delay so everyone was happy.... Now I wait until Tuesday when it should be done! Next up on the hit list is a sound system. Is anyone aware of a high-end system install in our car? I read one thread (link referenced in it: https://w205audio.wordpress.com/) but it was more of a partial, and thoughtful, upgrade rather than a full-on high-end system.

Still waiting for mine to arrive here in Chicago..... 🥺
The following users liked this post:
ABuds (06-09-2019)
Old 06-09-2019, 11:06 PM

2019 C63S
Originally Posted by AMG Yatz
Still waiting for mine to arrive here in Chicago..... 🥺
Did your car ship out?
Old 06-09-2019, 11:42 PM

Did your car ship out?
Currently the car is in the US... somewhere. It arrived at port 25th of may but the dealer has no other info as to what’s going on. For now I’m just waiting until they call me to say the car has arrived at the dealer.
Old 06-10-2019, 09:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 197 Likes on 158 Posts
2018 GT R; Tesla M3P
Currently the car is in the US... somewhere. It arrived at port 25th of may but the dealer has no other info as to what’s going on. For now I’m just waiting until they call me to say the car has arrived at the dealer.
Same, my dealer said that their tracking system if off, they are unable to see the status. They even had cars seating for a couple of days on the lot when status was showing that they still haven't cleared customs..
Old 06-10-2019, 09:57 AM

Received 89 Likes on 63 Posts
2019 c63s coupe, 2008 s63 sedan, 2007 335i coupe
Damn I think it was only 4 days from when the boat docked until it arrived at Knauz.. They gotta be backed up.
Old 06-10-2019, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by purplewidow
Damn I think it was only 4 days from when the boat docked until it arrived at Knauz.. They gotta be backed up.
Yeah hope so, going on 3 weeks now.
Old 06-11-2019, 12:30 PM

Received 33 Likes on 14 Posts
C63S
After a series of delays and sitting at the factory for the last 6 weeks it's finally got a ship assignment. The Talisman due in Baltimore June 22. Finally.
Old 06-11-2019, 01:52 PM

2018 XC90
Originally Posted by Seis-Tres
After a series of delays and sitting at the factory for the last 6 weeks it's finally got a ship assignment. The Talisman due in Baltimore June 22. Finally.
What was the hold up?
Old 06-11-2019, 02:26 PM

C63S
Originally Posted by Vinithing
What was the hold up?
Production was originally pushed from the first week of April to the last day of April. Then delayed 5+ weeks due to missing CF spoiler. Others here have been dealing with even longer delays. Looking like it'll be a little more than 5 months from initial order to delivery. It's a coupe.
Old 06-11-2019, 04:51 PM

2018 XC90
Production was originally pushed from the first week of April to the last day of April. Then delayed 5+ weeks due to missing CF spoiler. Others here have been dealing with even longer delays. Looking like it'll be a little more than 5 months from initial order to delivery. It's a coupe.
I am one of them. Dealer could not tell me what part is causing the delay. Cancelled my order today, ordered in October.
Old 06-11-2019, 05:17 PM

2019 C63S
I am one of them. Dealer could not tell me what part is causing the delay. Cancelled my order today, ordered in October.
What did you have on order? Mine just got assigned a ship today. ETA July 10th
Old 06-11-2019, 05:32 PM

C63S
I'm sympathetic to your cause - I came close myself.

First there was no explanation why production got pushed back 4 weeks. Then there was no explanation for the delay post production. I was constantly inquiring about the situation and for a while the best they could tell me was "there is a problem but we don't know what the problem is and we don't know how long it will take to fix". Which is of course ridiculous. I wasn't so much upset at the delay - those things happen - but their utter lack of even a basic interest in informing me of what the problem was was infuriating. My SA spoke to the regional AMG manager, the factory, pretty much every one he could and they always came up empty. I did not relent however and eventually got AMG to call him up and tell him it was the Aero package spoiler in CF (as I got both CF packages too) but then they told him it would be rectified much sooner than it was. Which he then told me.

I spoke to the dealership's general manager who had many unkind words for MB corporate - I could tell he wasn't just trying to blow smoke up my *** - he was legitimately pissed and I can't say I blame him as corporate's lack of being candid reflected poorly on the dealer which was nearly as much of a hostage to the situation as I was. But now 6 weeks and a day after the car was built it got a ship assignment and will be here in 2 weeks. And I am very much looking forward to concessions made by the factory for their - how to put it politely - cluster****.
Old 06-11-2019, 05:39 PM

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts
2019 C63S Selenite Grey, 2018 911 Turbo, Guards Red
I'm sympathetic to your cause - I came close myself.

First there was no explanation why production got pushed back 4 weeks. Then there was no explanation for the delay post production. I was constantly inquiring about the situation and for a while the best they could tell me was "there is a problem but we don't know what the problem is and we don't know how long it will take to fix". Which is of course ridiculous. I wasn't so much upset at the delay - those things happen - but their utter lack of even a basic interest in informing me of what the problem was was infuriating. My SA spoke to the regional AMG manager, the factory, pretty much every one he could and they always came up empty. I did not relent however and eventually got AMG to call him up and tell him it was the Aero package spoiler in CF (as I got both CF packages too) but then they told him it would be rectified much sooner than it was. Which he then told me.

I spoke to the dealership's general manager who had many unkind words for MB corporate - I could tell he wasn't just trying to blow smoke up my *** - he was legitimately pissed and I can't say I blame him as corporate's lack of being candid reflected poorly on the dealer which was nearly as much of a hostage to the situation as I was. But now 6 weeks and a day after the car was built it got a ship assignment and will be here in 2 weeks. And I am very much looking forward to concessions made by the factory for their - how to put it politely - cluster****.
Keep in mind, once it arrives, it needs to get released from the port. My car arrived May 28th in Baltimore, MD. Its still sitting in the port. I've been told it needs a software update. The fact that they can't ship the latest release when they build the car is silly. They know the market the car is serving, but they must have decided to leave these updates to the local market/processes. Given today's manufacturing, this is wasteful and will no doubt change in the future as its just less expensive to do it in the factory. I'm being told that my car will likely be released to the deanship at the end of June. We shall see.

I hope your delay in the port is shorter, but don't count on it being less than a few weeks.
Old 06-11-2019, 05:46 PM

2019 C63S
Originally Posted by Sullicc4
Keep in mind, once it arrives, it needs to get released from the port. My car arrived May 28th in Baltimore, MD. Its still sitting in the port. I've been told it needs a software update. The fact that they can't ship the latest release when they build the car is silly. They know the market the car is serving, but they must have decided to leave these updates to the local market/processes. Given today's manufacturing, this is wasteful and will no doubt change in the future as its just less expensive to do it in the factory. I'm being told that my car will likely be released to the deanship at the end of June. We shall see.

I hope your delay in the port is shorter, but don't count on it being less than a few weeks.
This sounds ridiculous to wait while at VPC. There’s another build here that sat at VPC for 2 days. This was in May
Old 06-11-2019, 05:52 PM

C63S

Oh trust me I've already raised the VPC delay with my SA. I meant two weeks til it lands stateside. I don't expect to see it in person until July.
Old 06-11-2019, 05:59 PM

2018 XC90
What did you have on order? Mine just got assigned a ship today. ETA July 10th
Black sedan no crazy options. Carbon interior trim and steering wheel, performance seats, multimedia, night package, night package. Production started in April and stalled out from there. They did return my refund but it was not a great experience for my first time ordering a car.
Old 06-12-2019, 02:18 PM

2019 C63S

Just got news from my SA that the software will be released today or tomorrow. You guys should be getting the cars soon
The following users liked this post:
NYCSoiL (06-12-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 05:11 PM

Received 72 Likes on 49 Posts
2019 C63S Coupe, 2020 G550
Have had this beast for a little over 2 weeks now. Its my first AMG and I couldn't be happier with it.

Took this after a wash. This magno paint is a real pain in the *** though. Had I known what living with matte paint was going to be like I probably would've just gone with selenite metallic.

The following 2 users liked this post by Encore818:
CB34-AUS (06-17-2019), Mode Carbon (12-10-2019)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2019 C63S Deliveries