Sponsored by:

2019 C63S Deliveries

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2019, 05:14 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
2019 C63S
Originally Posted by Encore818
Have had this beast for a little over 2 weeks now. Its my first AMG and I couldn't be happier with it.

Took this after a wash. This magno paint is a real pain in the *** though. Had I known what living with matte paint was going to be like I probably would've just gone with selenite metallic.

Congrats!! Post more pics when you can

What’s so hard with the matte paint?
Old 06-13-2019, 05:15 PM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
2019 AMG G63, 2020 AMG C63s Coupe
Have had this beast for a little over 2 weeks now. Its my first AMG and I couldn't be happier with it.

Took this after a wash. This magno paint is a real pain in the *** though. Had I known what living with matte paint was going to be like I probably would've just gone with selenite metallic.

Nice car! Did you get all the carbon fiber packages on it? More pictures please!

Also, why is the paint difficult to live with? I ordered the same color but I plan on getting it fully paint protected and ceramic coated.
Old 06-13-2019, 05:24 PM

Received 72 Likes on 49 Posts
2019 C63S Coupe, 2020 G550
Originally Posted by C63CScott
Congrats!! Post more pics when you can

What’s so hard with the matte paint?
Originally Posted by BrianShaw23
Nice car! Did you get all the carbon fiber packages on it? More pictures please!

Also, why is the paint difficult to live with? I ordered the same color but I plan on getting it fully paint protected and ceramic coated.

Thank you! Will post more soon! No carbon fiber package just the aerodynamics package. I have the carbon interior however along with the carbon fiber/dinamica steering wheel.

I think it can't be beat in terms of looks. Magno goes great with the car's lines.

The problem is I've spent almost $300 on all new supplies to be able to wash it properly. From what I've read nothing with any wax or polish can ever touch it or it can irreversibly damage the matte finish.

Also, because I live in Los Angeles where its been 100 degrees+ recently, water spots form almost instantly when washing the car and when its parked outside this thing just absorbs heat.

Its almost unbearably hot in the car sometimes. I don't know if its just in my head but I would imagine unlike regular paint which reflects at least some light, this just soaks it all.

Last edited by Encore818; 06-13-2019 at 05:25 PM. Reason: unfinished.
The following users liked this post:
BrianShaw23 (06-13-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 05:42 PM

2019 C63S
Thank you! Will post more soon! No carbon fiber package just the aerodynamics package. I have the carbon interior however along with the carbon fiber/dinamica steering wheel.

I think it can't be beat in terms of looks. Magno goes great with the car's lines.

The problem is I've spent almost $300 on all new supplies to be able to wash it properly. From what I've read nothing with any wax or polish can ever touch it or it can irreversibly damage the matte finish.

Also, because I live in Los Angeles where its been 100 degrees+ recently, water spots form almost instantly when washing the car and when its parked outside this thing just absorbs heat.

Its almost unbearably hot in the car sometimes. I don't know if its just in my head but I would imagine unlike regular paint which reflects at least some light, this just soaks it all.
Gotcha! What interior color combo do you have?
Old 06-13-2019, 05:44 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
M3

Looks terrific. Had mine two weeks also. Not done a lot of miles as holding back until the PPF is done next week. Plus it hasn’t stopped raining for longer than a few hours here in the UK. Managed to get a few miles in sunshine at the weekend though.

Last edited by markjord; 06-13-2019 at 05:52 PM.
Old 06-13-2019, 05:56 PM

Gotcha! What interior color combo do you have?
Black/red amg performance seats. The car is a lot more loaded than any build I ever made on mbusa

Originally Posted by markjord
Looks terrific. Had mine two weeks also. Not done a lot of miles as holding back until the PPF is done next week. Plus it hasn’t stopped raining for longer than a few hours here in the UK. Managed to get a few miles in sunshine at the weekend though.

The cab looks awesome. I'm really jealous that coupes don't get the air scarf, I would kill for that in this LA weather right now.

Last edited by Encore818; 06-13-2019 at 05:58 PM. Reason: added reply
Old 06-14-2019, 05:41 AM

Received 130 Likes on 116 Posts
2019C63S coupe
The initial investment in new detailing products can be as expensive as you will allow.
meguires gold class shampoo is reasonably priced and can be used as n magno paint.

I have kamikaze zipang coating this makes the surface so slick during washing.

All I do is snow foam, ph neutral shampoo and then blow dry.

That’s it.
Old 06-14-2019, 04:55 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2019 C63 S Selenite Magno Grey

I also just bought one less than two weeks ago with the same Magno paint as yours. Taking care of matte is not as scary as it sounds. You just have to know what you're doing and yeah you do have to be more careful with it but it's not that hard. I've had to do a lot of reading, watching videos and basically relearn nearly everything I knew about detailing car paint. Most of those paint detailing techniques and products doesn't apply to matte and will likely do more harm than good. The key to caring for matte paint is that you can't/shouldn't apply any product at all that is intended to create a shine. That includes car wash soap with a wax or shine additive and there aren't many these days that don't. If you do get some sort of wax coating it can be removed with the right product in most cases. Invest in car care products that are specifically made for Matte cars.

AutoGeek and Chemical Brothers are two good places to start. Don't waste your time looking for matte paint care products from your local car parts chain store like PepBoys, AutoZone, Advance Auto, etc. I had no luck finding the right stuff there. ChemicalGuys is one example of a place with the right products. Autogeek would be another good place to start. There are some good videos on there net on how to care and feed a matte finish. Also, while scratches are not repairable (unless the panel is resprayed with the correct matte clear coat) they don't show nearly as much as they do on a regular shiny car. The good news is that you'll never have to buff, polish or wax your car again.

Selenite Grey Magno C63 S AMG

Last edited by Spectre-13; 06-14-2019 at 05:03 PM.
Old 06-14-2019, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Uga Uga
The initial investment in new detailing products can be as expensive as you will allow.
meguires gold class shampoo is reasonably priced and can be used as n magno paint.

I have kamikaze zipang coating this makes the surface so slick during washing.

All I do is snow foam, ph neutral shampoo and then blow dry.

That’s it.

Originally Posted by Spectre-13
I also just bought one less than two weeks ago with the same Magno paint as yours. Taking care of matte is not as scary as it sounds. You just have to know what you're doing and yeah you do have to be more careful with it but it's not that hard. I've had to do a lot of reading, watching videos and basically relearn nearly everything I knew about detailing car paint. Most of those paint detailing techniques and products doesn't apply to matte and will likely do more harm than good. The key to caring for matte paint is that you can't/shouldn't apply any product at all that is intended to create a shine. That includes car wash soap with a wax or shine additive and there aren't many these days that don't. If you do get some sort of wax coating it can be removed with the right product in most cases. Invest in car care products that are specifically made for Matte cars.

AutoGeek and Chemical Brothers are two good places to start. Don't waste your time looking for matte paint care products from your local car parts chain store like PepBoys, AutoZone, Advance Auto, etc. I had no luck finding the right stuff there. ChemicalGuys is one example of a place with the right products. Autogeek would be another good place to start. There are some good videos on there net on how to care and feed a matte finish. Also, while scratches are not repairable (unless the panel is resprayed with the correct matte clear coat) they don't show nearly as much as they do on a regular shiny car. The good news is that you'll never have to buff, polish or wax your car again.

Selenite Grey Magno C63 S AMG
^^Congrats!

I think I just got paranoid from all I read and watched online about caring for matte paint. Things like any contaminants must be removed immediately or else it will damage the paint or needing the absolute cleanest and softest products and a 2 bucket method or else you can scratch the paint, but I guess in reality that can apply to any car. I still can't take it to an automated car wash because of potential scratches or have someone wash it because I risk them using a soap with wax/polish in it.

I ended up getting Chemical Guys' meticulous matte soap. I got a gallon from Amazon and its been working well.
Spectre-13 (06-15-2019)
Old 06-15-2019, 12:23 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Anyone have any updates on their cars being delivered? My car has been at the VPC since late may with still no sign of release.
Old 06-15-2019, 01:03 AM

2019 C63S
Originally Posted by Iversonbiatch
Anyone have any updates on their cars being delivered? My car has been at the VPC since late may with still no sign of release.
Which VPC? My SA heard from AMG regional manager saying cars being held up will be released soon
Old 06-15-2019, 02:05 AM

2019 C63S

Does anyone have this on their car? What is it?
Old 06-15-2019, 03:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,792 Likes on 2,535 Posts
2019 C63CS

Does anyone have this on their car? What is it?

I don't have them on mine. US spec cars don't seem to get them, but it looks like they are on EU spec cars and others. If you scroll up you can see them on one from Hong Kong just a few posts above. I've seen them on other brands such as several newer Audis and my understanding is that they are required in certain markets if the rear wheels are farther out to prevent rocks from being thrown up at cars behind. It might have to do with the required clearance in case snow chains are being put on. I had to sign a disclaimer in the USA that I don't put snow chains on mine as it could damage the car, but in Europe as far as I know it's mandatory for cars to support snow chains.

Last edited by superswiss; 06-15-2019 at 03:14 AM.
Old 06-15-2019, 07:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 197 Likes on 158 Posts
2018 GT R; Tesla M3P
Originally Posted by Iversonbiatch
Mine still says "VPC Processing" since it's arrived on June 2nd... I'm so pissed 😤
Old 06-15-2019, 09:40 AM

Yea mine was may 28th, I think its at the Baltimore VPC. I asked about the software update but they seem to have no idea.
Old 06-15-2019, 09:47 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2019 C63 S Selenite Magno Grey
Originally Posted by superswiss
I don't have them on mine. US spec cars don't seem to get them, but it looks like they are on EU spec cars and others. If you scroll up you can see them on one from Hong Kong just a few posts above. I've seen them on other brands such as several newer Audis and my understanding is that they are required in certain markets if the rear wheels are farther out to prevent rocks from being thrown up at cars behind. It might have to do with the required clearance in case snow chains are being put on. I had to sign a disclaimer in the USA that I don't put snow chains on mine as it could damage the car, but in Europe as far as I know it's mandatory for cars to support snow chains.
I don't have them on my mine either. It looks a little too small to do any good as a mud flap or rock guard. In Florida, it's illegal to have your tire stick out beyond the wheel well or fender flare. However, it doesn't seem to be enforced but I'm sure patrols have more important business to deal with.

I'll ask my cousin in-law who lives in Germany to see if he's seen these or knows what they are. TUV in Germany is very strict but that's why they can have high-speed autobahns.
Old 06-17-2019, 06:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 C63s Coupe
Hi everyone,
My 2019 C63s Coupe FL is due in the coming weeks. Ordered August 2018 and “upgrading” from a 2016 Coupe. I’ve been keenly following everyones deliveries and loving the photos. My 2016 was Selenite Grey however this time I decided to opt for the Graphite Grey Magno after seeing it on a GT at the dealership. I’m wondering what options there are for paint protection on the satin/matte finish? I had a Nova DC ceramic coating on on the previous model but I understand that’s not the way to go with matte or satin finish? Would love some guidance from fellow Magno Paint owners.

I’m in Australia where they only deliver the ‘s’ model so pretty much all options are included. I went with cf interior and cf exterior packages as well plus the performance seats. Interesting to note that in 2016 the performance seats were standard however with the 2019 model they are now an extra. A must have option in my opinion though.
Old 06-17-2019, 08:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2019 C63s Sedan
Hi All,

I'm due to pick mine up on the 27th June! Got a 2019 C63s Sedan in Selenite grey, black multi-spoke wheels, with performance seats and, interior carbon pack. @CB34-AUS I'm in Melbourne, Australia, where are you? Hope you got a good deal with the EOFY.
Also to note, they had multiple wheel options in prior to 2019 and now only two - multi-spoke in black or silver.

I cant wait to pick it up and post some pictures soon.

Cheers
Luqman
Old 06-17-2019, 08:59 AM

Received 130 Likes on 116 Posts
2019C63S coupe
Originally Posted by CB34-AUS
Hi everyone,
My 2019 C63s Coupe FL is due in the coming weeks. Ordered August 2018 and “upgrading” from a 2016 Coupe. I’ve been keenly following everyones deliveries and loving the photos. My 2016 was Selenite Grey however this time I decided to opt for the Graphite Grey Magno after seeing it on a GT at the dealership. I’m wondering what options there are for paint protection on the satin/matte finish? I had a Nova DC ceramic coating on on the previous model but I understand that’s not the way to go with matte or satin finish? Would love some guidance from fellow Magno Paint owners.

I’m in Australia where they only deliver the ‘s’ model so pretty much all options are included. I went with cf interior and cf exterior packages as well plus the performance seats. Interesting to note that in 2016 the performance seats were standard however with the 2019 model they are now an extra. A must have option in my opinion though.

Like you I had selenite grey for my 2017 and went graphite grey for my 2019.
Kamikaze Zipang coating applied.
CB34-AUS (06-17-2019)
Old 06-17-2019, 09:28 PM

2016 C63s Coupe
Originally Posted by luqmannaeem
Hi All,

I'm due to pick mine up on the 27th June! Got a 2019 C63s Sedan in Selenite grey, black multi-spoke wheels, with performance seats and, interior carbon pack. @CB34-AUS I'm in Melbourne, Australia, where are you? Hope you got a good deal with the EOFY.
Also to note, they had multiple wheel options in prior to 2019 and now only two - multi-spoke in black or silver.

I cant wait to pick it up and post some pictures soon.

Cheers
Luqman
Congrats on your purchase, by the sounds of it we may have been on the same boat. Did you go Selenite Grey metalic? If so great choice. I loved mine and was pretty close to just going the same spec with the 2019 but thought "different car, different colour" and ended up with Graphite Grey Magno (818) and Matt Black Cross Spoked Rim (767). Agree though the wheel options are poor and many better after market options.

I'm in Melbourne also. Didn't really get an EOFY deal back in August 2018 but was very happy with my dealer and price. Need to collect prior to June 30 though as the taxes skyrocket July 1. $8k plus in taxes from what I see.

If you are interested in paint protection see Jimmy at Fine Shine Detailing (http://fineshinedetailing.com.au/). He did my 2016 (pics are on his website) and is excellent.

Looking forward to some photos when yours arrives.
Old 06-17-2019, 09:30 PM

2016 C63s Coupe
Originally Posted by Uga Uga
Like you I had selenite grey for my 2017 and went graphite grey for my 2019.
Kamikaze Zipang coating applied.
Love it - Great photo and that looks exactly like my spec. Is that the exterior CF? Thanks for the advice on the coating, I'll check it out. Others have recommended XPEL Stealth PPF but it's much pricier than a ceramic coating, 10 times pricier!!
Old 06-18-2019, 08:40 PM

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
2019 AMG C63 Sedan (Gone and wont be missed)
Originally Posted by CB34-AUS
Love it - Great photo and that looks exactly like my spec. Is that the exterior CF? Thanks for the advice on the coating, I'll check it out. Others have recommended XPEL Stealth PPF but it's much pricier than a ceramic coating, 10 times pricier!!
Just to be clear, a ceramic coating is not a substitute for PPF. PPF is way more durable than any ceramic coating. It’s all in what you’re looking for.

If you want impact protection get PPF. If you want the car to look good (really good) and have good protection from the environment (sun, rain), and some resistance to bird bombs and other staining then go with the ceramic coating. There is no ceramic coating that will protect your paint from a rock impact at 85 mph
CB34-AUS (06-19-2019)
Old 06-18-2019, 08:57 PM

Just got news from my SA that the software will be released today or tomorrow. You guys should be getting the cars soon
Did your car ever get delivered? Heard back from my SA today that they were still waiting on a mod which i'm assuming is the software update.
Old 06-18-2019, 09:20 PM
Xec

Received 117 Likes on 89 Posts
IG: @amg.svr
Originally Posted by boosteddub69
Just to be clear, a ceramic coating is not a substitute for PPF. PPF is way more durable than any ceramic coating. It’s all in what you’re looking for.

If you want impact protection get PPF. If you want the car to look good (really good) and have good protection from the environment (sun, rain), and some resistance to bird bombs and other staining then go with the ceramic coating. There is no ceramic coating that will protect your paint from a rock impact at 85 mph
A good compromise is to PPF the full front and ceramic the rear. 6 months after delivery, my paint is looking pretty good for a black car. Will say though that the XPEL seems to still be less swirly than my Feynlab Self Heal.
CB34-AUS (06-19-2019)
Old 06-18-2019, 09:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2019 AMG C63S Cabriolet
I heard the same: that they're waiting on a software update but expect it to be ready later this week. We'll see. I'm skeptical. But hey, the car is in the US now so it's close

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2019 C63S Deliveries