Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Guy Here! I have a few questions...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2018, 09:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW M5
Question New Guy Here! I have a few questions...

Let me first say, Hello! I'm avid car guy and have primarily owned BMW ///M cars (M3's, M5, X5M, etc) most of my life (had a couple of GTR's as well). Over the last few months, I've seriously considering leaving BMW behind and switching to MB AMG. Specifically, I'm looking at the 2019 C63S Coupe as my first entrance into the brand. I've done a ton of research on the vehicle and watched countless videos on the car and how it compares to the M3/M4. I really feel that I'm ready for the switch. My first question is: Why does the C63 coupe has those weird looking bumper guards surrounding the license plate and can they be removed? My next question is can someone tell me what deck-lid spoiler this is in the video?
I like that it extends out further than the factory option spoiler. Last but, but not least, what type of discount can I expect on a 2019 C63 S custom order, assuming I can get an allocation? 7-10% off msrp unreasonable?

Thanks in advance!
Old 10-30-2018, 10:36 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
c class
Originally Posted by MistaVauros
Let me first say, Hello! I'm avid car guy and have primarily owned BMW ///M cars (M3's, M5, X5M, etc) most of my life (had a couple of GTR's as well). Over the last few months, I've seriously considering leaving BMW behind and switching to MB AMG. Specifically, I'm looking at the 2019 C63S Coupe as my first entrance into the brand. I've done a ton of research on the vehicle and watched countless videos on the car and how it compares to the M3/M4. I really feel that I'm ready for the switch. My first question is: Why does the C63 coupe has those weird looking bumper guards surrounding the license plate and can they be removed? My next question is can someone tell me what deck-lid spoiler this is in the video? https://vimeo.com/195873077 I like that it extends out further than the factory option spoiler. Last but, but not least, what type of discount can I expect on a 2019 C63 S custom order, assuming I can get an allocation? 7-10% off msrp unreasonable?

Thanks in advance!
as I just looked at getting one..

maybe 1 to 3 percent
Old 10-30-2018, 10:55 PM

BMW M5
Originally Posted by silverstar11909

as I just looked at getting one..

maybe 1 to 3 percent
Whoa! 3% only because it's a new model year, huh...
Old 10-30-2018, 11:21 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 C63S Coupe - Graphite Grey Magno
Hi, MistaV ... I'm a fellow BMW convert and recently new to the forum, also. For me, it was a bake off between the M4 CP, the RS5 and the C63S. All phenomenal cars, but when I test drove the 63, my left brain totally took over and that was it.

I timed it right and was able to snag one of the initial allocations of the S coupe, so I'm impatiently waiting. With MY2019 being a refresh year for the C-classes with some attractive tech updates it was my experience, at least, that dealerships were VERY tight on their initial allocs ... with many in my area going straight MSRP w/ a non-refundable $5K deposit on a custom config. I finagled a 4+% discount, but had to play dueling dealers for over a month to get that. So, I'd say you're a tad optimistic with 7-10% at this point in the MY, especially a coupe. By all accounts, builds have only recently started and no-one's taking delivery, yet, that I can tell. But, good on ya if you can swing it. (Discounts on sedans, based on threads in this forum, tend to be higher than the coupes, but still can't see you getting much more than 4-5% on those, either, right now.)

Edit: Teach me to post that late at night. Sorry, totally misinterpreted what you meant by bumper guards. Confirm those are to comply with the 5mph bumper regs in the U.S., as someone else mentioned below. Ugly, I agree.

Last edited by CrashTX; 10-31-2018 at 12:56 PM.
Old 10-31-2018, 01:02 AM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
2019 C63
Whoa! 3% only because it's a new model year, huh...
I was able to get a little over 10% on a custom build but I did a European Delivery.

None of the dealers in my local market (Los Angeles) would budge so I used my frequent flier miles and made a trip out of it.
Old 10-31-2018, 04:00 AM

Received 87 Likes on 83 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Saloon
The two bumpettes that you mention are I believe due to US regulations on bumpers. European C-Class don't have them. Regarding discounts, from what I've read, that is highly dependent on market, your negotiating skills, your relationship with the dealer, what time of the month it is and a bunch of other factors I don't even know about. There are a few guys on this forum who are sales folk for dealers. You'll do well to contact them and see if they could do you a deal.
Old 10-31-2018, 07:26 PM

BMW M5
Thanks for all of the replies, guys. I think I'm going to go for the coupe instead of the sedan (don't feel like dealing with two vehicles at this time). Does any know if what deck-lid spoiler that is in the video I posted above?
Old 10-31-2018, 07:35 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
c63S
Let me first say, Hello! I'm avid car guy and have primarily owned BMW ///M cars (M3's, M5, X5M, etc) most of my life (had a couple of GTR's as well). Over the last few months, I've seriously considering leaving BMW behind and switching to MB AMG. Specifically, I'm looking at the 2019 C63S Coupe as my first entrance into the brand. I've done a ton of research on the vehicle and watched countless videos on the car and how it compares to the M3/M4. I really feel that I'm ready for the switch. My first question is: Why does the C63 coupe has those weird looking bumper guards surrounding the license plate and can they be removed? My next question is can someone tell me what deck-lid spoiler this is in the video? https://vimeo.com/195873077 I like that it extends out further than the factory option spoiler. Last but, but not least, what type of discount can I expect on a 2019 C63 S custom order, assuming I can get an allocation? 7-10% off msrp unreasonable?

Thanks in advance!
Yes, you can remove the bumper guards surrounding the license plate. My car is in the shop right now getting the bumper guard removed and the roof painted gloss black to match with the panoramic roof.

I purchased my 2018 White C63s fully loaded (off the lot) for 78k. MSRP was 91k.

Last edited by johnstahhh; 10-31-2018 at 07:37 PM. Reason: updated wording
Old 10-31-2018, 11:01 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 C63S Coupe - Graphite Grey Magno
Thanks for all of the replies, guys. I think I'm going to go for the coupe instead of the sedan (don't feel like dealing with two vehicles at this time). Does any know if what deck-lid spoiler that is in the video I posted above?
That’s the stock spoiler on the Edition 1. So, should be able to get it OEM, but there’s also some after-market versions probably cheaper. RWCarbon seems to be popular on the forum. They sell one for $350.

Last edited by CrashTX; 10-31-2018 at 11:06 PM.
Old 11-07-2018, 09:38 PM

BMW M5
Originally Posted by johnstahhh
Yes, you can remove the bumper guards surrounding the license plate. My car is in the shop right now getting the bumper guard removed
How do I explain to a reputable body shop the process to remove these bumper guards? Also, I'm considering getting the matte Silente paint, so will that make repainting the rear bumper to factory standards tricky?
Old 12-20-2018, 12:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2017 C63S AMG coupe
Search for this thread:
2017 C 63 Coupe Rear Bumper Bump removal Before and After
Old 12-20-2018, 06:33 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 C63s
I too am an M/// convert.

I had a 2016 M3 6 speed that I loved. Tuned it, lowered it, and drove the crap out of it. Upon moving back to Germany beginning of the year, I shopped around for replacements and ultimately decided to give AMG a go.
I originally had my heart set on a Coupe, but the Sedan deals were just too good to pass up. I shopped the RS5, RS4, and even the new M5, but with inventory on the new models still so low, I didn't want to pay a premium just to have the newest toy on the block.
I ended up with a pre-facelift C63S, but it's loaded and spec'd just the way I would have ordered it. Sticker came out to ~125k Euros. Ended up getting a huge discount on the car (almost 25%!). With the 19s incoming, I got a KILLER deal, and couldn't be happier.
Sure I miss the razor sharp handling of the M, and the manual gearbox is something I thoroughly enjoyed, but after tuning the M3, I realized there is simply no keeping up with the power delivery when you're rowing your own gears. DCT might be a different story, but lacked that "emotional connection" that the M3 gave me. I miss the M sometimes, but mostly the aesthetics, since nothing compares to the freight train pull of my 2018 C63S. I live in a city now, so the automatic gearbox is a welcome feature. Not to mention it frees me up to concentrate on keeping the rear end planted and putting power down.
I recently tuned the C63s through a local tuner who used the OBD port and am now pushing 617hp, which is a joke with the stock rear tire sizes, but oh my is it fun! The interior feels a bit more "special" compared to the M as well, with the AMG performance seats, and center stack CF paneling. Ultimately it comes down to how you plan on using the car, but for me and my dog, and the occasional GF in the passenger seat it's perfect. CRUSHES the highway, and the sound, OMG the sound is amazing. The sound alone makes me forget my M3, something which that car never really had. Sure it sounded aggressive, but just not as beastly as the AMG. Hands down best sounding car I've ever owned.
I can't say much for the bumperettes, but the coupe body is so sexy, I don't think you can go wrong with it. Hope this helps! Happy hunting!
Old 12-20-2018, 09:57 AM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
c63S
How do I explain to a reputable body shop the process to remove these bumper guards? Also, I'm considering getting the matte Silente paint, so will that make repainting the rear bumper to factory standards tricky?
I had my 18' c63s coupe removed and had some issues at first because the body shop I took it too rushed the job. The paint was bubbling from underneath. They basically did not wait for the product to cure after they plastic weld the holes after removing the 2 bumper guards. It didn't help that I was also in Boston winter weather (warm randomly some days and cold) so the material expanded and contracted. In the end, I had to get this fixed and spend more money at a reputable shop. It was a headache but the end result is definitely worth it!

Here's my advice for when you bring the car to a shop to get this done:
1. Make sure they know what they are getting into. The holes are big and not small.
2. The shop can custom fabricate the hole shape by cutting out the plastic face of the bumper guard and plastic weld the that to where the holes are located.
3. Make sure they use the correct materials and let it cure before applying paint and clearcoat.
4. Make sure they are able to blend the paint correctly or else it will be off. My paint was Diamond White Metallic (which is basically pearl white 3 stage)

Here's a picture of what it look like after I got everything fixed! It's definitely a mod worth doing. It makes the coupe look much better! Please excuse my handicapped parking, I took it here because it had good lighting.

Old 12-20-2018, 11:34 AM

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
2021 GLE 53 Iridium Silver
I was a BMW guy for almost 20 years. When I bought my first C63s, it was between it and the M4. As mentioned my someone earlier, when you drive the C63, left brain takes over and you can't resist it.I now have a C63s Cab and GLC 43 SUV for winter driving. Both are awesome vehicles, you can't go wrong. I added the Dinan performance boost to the C63 and this car is unreal with over 600HP.