2019 C63s AMG ordering and price guide

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2018, 09:16 PM

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
2019 AMG C63S
2019 C63s AMG ordering and price guide

Hello folks,

I’m a new member (hardcore BMW) switching to Mercedes. I’ve been debating between ordering BMW M4cs and 2019 C63s AMG which decided to go for the Mercedes... I’m trying to custom order mine sometime this week but I wanted to grab some insight from here to see if you can answer my questions below:
1. Would you prefer night package, Carbon Fiber I, Carbon Fiver II, any specific combination?
2. HUD (Head Up Display) will delay my order for a month. Is it worth having this feature on this specific car?
3. Any tips on negotiation the price?

Btw, I live here in San Jose, CA

Thanks,
Ben
Old 11-07-2018, 11:52 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
C300 W204 4MATIC
can't comment on any other part except for the HUD.

Absolutely worth it if you had the choice. Had it on my M3 and i don't on this car. I find myself missing it. I'm slowly getting over it but it really was a nice feature to have. especially if you've gotten used to it in the past.

Cheers and good luck and welcome to MB!
Old 11-08-2018, 12:26 AM

2019 AMG C63S
Yeah, I had it on my beemer too. I think I'll go for it. I'm getting most of the packages.
Per my order guide, there's a "limited availability due to global constraint of Head-Up Display (463)" which may delay my order for an additional month
Old 11-08-2018, 12:34 AM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 C63S Coupe - Graphite Grey Magno
Originally Posted by Ben Khoshabeh
Hello folks,

I’m a new member (hardcore BMW) switching to Mercedes. I’ve been debating between ordering BMW M4cs and 2019 C63s AMG which decided to go for the Mercedes... I’m trying to custom order mine sometime this week but I wanted to grab some insight from here to see if you can answer my questions below:
1. Would you prefer night package, Carbon Fiber I, Carbon Fiver II, any specific combination?
2. HUD (Head Up Display) will delay my order for a month. Is it worth having this feature on this specific car?
3. Any tips on negotiation the price?

Btw, I live here in San Jose, CA

Thanks,
Ben
There are lots of converts this year from BMW ... myself, included.

To me, the night package depends on the color, but I'd generally vote "YES" (my car is graphite grey magno and I definitely went night package)
I went with Exterior CF Package code B28 (I think that's package II -- mirror covers and trunk lid spoiler). To me, I didn't think the A-wing, side sill inserts, and rear apron in Pkg I justified nearly $3K
Sucks that the HUD delays your order, but that's a definite "yes" if you can afford the cost and the longer wait.

Negotiations are going to be difficult. Refresh MY, popular new cool bits, at the start of production with limited initial allocations. Definitely a dealers market. Lots of dealers not even willing to talk discount and asking lots in non-refundable deposits. If you can get 3-4% on a US delivery, you'll be doing well IMO. Shop around, get dealers into a bidding war with each other if you can.

Heard the ED's you can pull numbers closer to 7% (but of course, you offset with the cost to go over there and take delivery). Dealers tend to be a point or two softer on sedans.
Old 11-08-2018, 07:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 XC90
Are thete any pictures of the silver seatbelts out there? I’’m thinking the sport seats with grey accents and silver seat belts might look good. Just don’t want it to be too busy. I can not decide on silver or black...

So sad the Magno paint isn’t an option for the sedan😢

Last edited by Vinithing; 11-08-2018 at 02:34 PM.
Old 11-08-2018, 02:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 112 Likes on 97 Posts
2016 C63S Sedan
Wouldn't buy it without the HUD. Period.
Old 11-08-2018, 02:23 PM

2019 AMG C63S
I'm thinking of going with 297Selenite Grey Magno so I guess night package would look nice...

I've already gotten 2k down from MB of San Francisco without any negotiations lol I'm trying to find connections to get a better deal.

Originally Posted by CrashTX
There are lots of converts this year from BMW ... myself, included.

To me, the night package depends on the color, but I'd generally vote "YES" (my car is graphite grey magno and I definitely went night package)
I went with Exterior CF Package code B28 (I think that's package II -- mirror covers and trunk lid spoiler). To me, I didn't think the A-wing, side sill inserts, and rear apron in Pkg I justified nearly $3K
Sucks that the HUD delays your order, but that's a definite "yes" if you can afford the cost and the longer wait.

Negotiations are going to be difficult. Refresh MY, popular new cool bits, at the start of production with limited initial allocations. Definitely a dealers market. Lots of dealers not even willing to talk discount and asking lots in non-refundable deposits. If you can get 3-4% on a US delivery, you'll be doing well IMO. Shop around, get dealers into a bidding war with each other if you can.

Heard the ED's you can pull numbers closer to 7% (but of course, you offset with the cost to go over there and take delivery). Dealers tend to be a point or two softer on sedans.
Old 11-08-2018, 02:41 PM

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C450, 2019 E63S
One thing I loved about the AMGs is the quad tailpipes in chrome that steal the show from the rear view. When I look at the back of any AMG, my eyes immediately get pulled toward the chrome tailpipes, especially from afar. In my opinion, the night package almost camouflages the tailpipes and makes them hidden, and in turn takes away from the look of the car. That is why I chose not to go with it but it is all personal preference.
Old 11-08-2018, 04:51 PM

Received 89 Likes on 63 Posts
2019 c63s coupe, 2008 s63 sedan, 2007 335i coupe
Originally Posted by Ben Khoshabeh
I'm thinking of going with 297Selenite Grey Magno so I guess night package would look nice...

I've already gotten 2k down from MB of San Francisco without any negotiations lol I'm trying to find connections to get a better deal.
consider 818 Graphite Grey Magno.. The darker grey is awesome imo
Old 11-08-2018, 05:01 PM

2019 AMG C63S
Originally Posted by NYC365
One thing I loved about the AMGs is the quad tailpipes in chrome that steal the show from the rear view. When I look at the back of any AMG, my eyes immediately get pulled toward the chrome tailpipes, especially from afar. In my opinion, the night package almost camouflages the tailpipes and makes them hidden, and in turn takes away from the look of the car. That is why I chose not to go with it but it is all personal preference.
I guess you have a point. I screenshot the night package (Daylight) vs. Regular Daylight and Night Time... I think I still like the night package.

Old 11-08-2018, 08:33 PM

What configurator is that?!?

BTW, I think the chrome looks better on the white car; but the night pkg still looks good. On a darker car (selenite or graphite or black), though, night pkg is a must to my eye.

Last edited by CrashTX; 11-08-2018 at 08:40 PM.
Old 11-08-2018, 08:47 PM

2019 AMG C63S

BTW, I think the chrome looks better on the white car; but the night pkg still looks good. On a darker car (selenite or graphite or black), though, night pkg is a must to my eye.
I go to https://www.mercedes-benz.de/passeng...figurator.html and use my Chrome to translate from Germany to Eng...
FYI. Not options are the same for U.S.A
The following users liked this post:
CrashTX (11-08-2018)
Old 11-12-2018, 09:05 PM

2018 XC90
I have been working with a local dealer for a few weeks now putting together my build. I finally put together all of the options I wanted and it came out to $86,xxx. I emailed him saying I would be willing ti out down a $3,000 deposit and wanted 5%-7% off MSRP, he said come in. Went there today and he said they couldn’t take anything off the car and needed 10% down. I told him that was an excessive amount down and I needed a better price. He did the “let me go talk to my manager” move and cane back at $5,000 down and $1,000 off the car. I didn’t feel like doing the dance so I said let me think about it and left.

I am not overly comcerned about the amount down. I plan on putting quite a bit more down on the loan. I would like to get a better price on the car however. Does anyone think there is a better deal to be had? There aren’t many MB dealers in the area....

He also said we lock im financing when the car is due to arrive at the dealership. I have never ordered a car before, is that how it works?

Thanks!
Old 11-12-2018, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Vinithing
I have been working with a local dealer for a few weeks now putting together my build. I finally put together all of the options I wanted and it came out to $86,xxx. I emailed him saying I would be willing ti out down a $3,000 deposit and wanted 5%-7% off MSRP, he said come in. Went there today and he said they couldn’t take anything off the car and needed 10% down. I told him that was an excessive amount down and I needed a better price. He did the “let me go talk to my manager” move and cane back at $5,000 down and $1,000 off the car. I didn’t feel like doing the dance so I said let me think about it and left.

I am not overly comcerned about the amount down. I plan on putting quite a bit more down on the loan. I would like to get a better price on the car however. Does anyone think there is a better deal to be had? There aren’t many MB dealers in the area....

He also said we lock im financing when the car is due to arrive at the dealership. I have never ordered a car before, is that how it works?

Thanks!
A refresh year, attractive updates, limited allocations, and VERY early in production (not even delivering in the US, yet). Dealers are rightfully stingy on deals right now. I have six dealers in my area. Three wouldn’t talk deal at all and $5k down. I managed to get the other three in a bid war and got my discount that way (in the 4-5 range on a coupe) but it took weeks of that. Lots of threads on the topic and I’m unaware of deals better than that for domestics delivery (euro deliveries I’ve seen in the 7% range). You might try the same thing with dealers outside your area, since with only a few dealers they’re probably even less likely to budge with less competition.

Lastly, I recommend you shop for preapproval on a loan yourself. You do NOT have to finance through them. Sounds like they plan/expect you to, though. They sometimes get kickbacks from the banks they use and the bank rates are tweaked higher to cover it. You’ll do better rate-wise on your own, especially if your credit score is over 750 with no blemishes.

My car’s hopefully on a boat as we speak. I plan to seriously shop a loan as soon as it docks. Most banks will lock in for 30-45 days or more.

Last edited by CrashTX; 11-12-2018 at 11:45 PM.
Old 11-12-2018, 11:52 PM

2018 XC90

A refresh year, attractive updates, limited allocations, and VERY early in production (not even delivering in the US, yet). Dealers are rightfully stingy on deals right now. I have six dealers in my area. Three wouldn’t talk deal at all and $5k down. I managed to get the other three in a bid war and got my discount that way (in the 4-5 range on a coupe) but it took weeks of that. Lots of threads on the topic and I’m unaware of deals better than that for domestics delivery (euro deliveries I’ve seen in the 7% range). You might try the same thing with dealers outside your area, since with only a few dealers they’re probably even less likely to budge with less competition.

Lastly, I recommend you shop for preapproval on a loan yourself. You do NOT have to finance through them. Sounds like they plan/expect you to, though. They sometimes get kickbacks from the banks they use and the bank rates are tweaked higher to cover it. You’ll do better rate-wise on your own, especially if your credit score is over 750 with no blemishes.

My car’s hopefully on a boat as we speak. I plan to seriously shop a loan as soon as it docks. Most banks will lock in for 30-45 days or more.
Good info, thank you. Kind of what I was figurning. He said it should be about a 4 month wait. Does that sound correct? I have no problem waiting as I have another vehicle ans would prefer to get it in the Spring anyways.
Old 11-13-2018, 12:25 AM

Good info, thank you. Kind of what I was figurning. He said it should be about a 4 month wait. Does that sound correct? I have no problem waiting as I have another vehicle ans would prefer to get it in the Spring anyways.
This is my first order with MB, so I’m no expert on how long it typically takes. Seems a tad long, but guess it depends on where their allocations queue. Also, if you ordered the HUD, I’ve read on the forum that’s adding a month to the wait, so that’d certainly be ballpark in that case. Not unrealistic. Does your dealer have an available allocation or are you on a wait list?
Old 11-13-2018, 01:26 AM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
C204 C250-CDI

Agree, the chrome trim looks a lot better than black on black on black, with it all being black you can't see all the fine detail and beautiful end look of the thing even in daylight unless your right up next to it

Coupes are being built and supplied from Germany for all World markets, the wait is at least 3-4 months when production is "under control" or after the initial release high demand.
ATM with production just starting up for the post face lift along with high initial demand the wait to most Countries outside Europe can be as much as 7 months or more.

In Australia for eg. if you ordered a coupe right now, you wouldn't get it until April-May next year.
Old 11-13-2018, 11:57 AM

2019 AMG C63S

Thanks!
I finally submitted my built through one of my local dealers yesterday as well! I did 6% off MSRP and my built was around 91k and I can do up to 20k down if I want to but I'll try to stick to 10-15k...

My problem is that when leasing, this specific dealership has a higher payment compared to another dealership in San Francisco (which only offers 2k below MSRP). I'm pretty sure this has to do with their rates. I'll try to re-negotiate when the car is here. I have so many dealers around me and they've been all calling me to order through them. I will update this post once I have my best negotiated offer from my dealer.
The following users liked this post:
Frank Rizzo (11-23-2018)
Old 11-13-2018, 12:04 PM

2019 AMG C63S
Hi CrashTX. Good info!

I've been going through xceed financial credit union for all my previous car loans and I have yet to see another bank with lower rates as this bank is a non-profit...

I was also told by my dealer that the car won't be in production till Jan next yr. Is yours already on the boat?!
Old 11-13-2018, 12:06 PM

2019 AMG C63S
Regarding HUD, my latest order guide doesn't mention that anymore and the dealer I ordered my car was also on the same page. HUD should no longer be an issue...
Old 11-13-2018, 12:19 PM

Received 89 Likes on 63 Posts
2019 c63s coupe, 2008 s63 sedan, 2007 335i coupe
Only option that is delayed according to the 9/17 dealer order guide(which I believe is the latest one) is "25A AMG Crest Projectors"
Old 11-13-2018, 11:35 PM

Yes, it’s on a boat. Due in port on the 21st. Another members car I think is already in port. He was hearing no cars released until after the 30th pending EPA approvals. I expect to to take delivery mid-Dec.

I’ll defer to AV1s reply on what’s reasonable, but seems so for your order. I’m guessing the Jan production date is when that specific allocation is scheduled and that aligns with my experience. I put my order in end of Aug and it had a late Oct production date. Order to delivery for me about 4 months.

Last edited by CrashTX; 11-13-2018 at 11:55 PM.
Old 11-13-2018, 11:44 PM

@Ben Khoshabeh Good job on that discount! On a coupe or sedan? Seems folks in larger markets with dealerships to play off on each other have advantage. Smaller markets with fewer dealerships and few allocations have a virtual monopoly so don’t have to deal.

Watch the money factor on that lease; they could easily be offsetting that “discount.” Run the TCO. Don’t let them get away with that sh-t! negotiate the MF, too.

Agree if you’re leasing, doesn’t make much sense to put a lot down just to buy down your lease payment. Cost of money still relatively low, and not like you’re building equity with a cap cost reduction. I’ve always taken the minimum/zero down on leases.

Old 11-14-2018, 01:23 PM

2019 AMG C63S
Are thete any pictures of the silver seatbelts out there? I’’m thinking the sport seats with grey accents and silver seat belts might look good. Just don’t want it to be too busy. I can not decide on silver or black...

So sad the Magno paint isn’t an option for the sedan😢

Old 11-14-2018, 01:25 PM

2019 AMG C63S
Yes, it’s on a boat. Due in port on the 21st. Another members car I think is already in port. He was hearing no cars released until after the 30th pending EPA approvals. I expect to to take delivery mid-Dec.

I’ll defer to AV1s reply on what’s reasonable, but seems so for your order. I’m guessing the Jan production date is when that specific allocation is scheduled and that aligns with my experience. I put my order in end of Aug and it had a late Oct production date. Order to delivery for me about 4 months.

Oh wow. Thanks for the info! Please share some photos once your beast is delivered.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2019 C63s AMG ordering and price guide