2019 larger screen - Page 5 - MBWorld.org Forums

Notices
C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2019 larger screen

 
Old 01-01-2019, 03:29 PM
  #101  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 46
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
2017 C63s Sedan
Btw, ShakyTom, how did you know to swap the optical cable over to the new harness? It makes perfect sense looking at the connectors but I would have had NO idea had you not prepared me for it. I would probably be pulling my hair out as to why I have no audio.
bigsid05 is offline  
Old 01-01-2019, 03:33 PM
  #102  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 46
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
2017 C63s Sedan
Also, anyone know how to change the time on the unit (top right corner time)? And how to change the in-car temperature units from C to F? I changed the temp/speed units for the left-side display, but the bottom part that displays the fan speed is still showing temperature in Celsius.
bigsid05 is offline  
Old 01-02-2019, 07:58 AM
  #103  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 248
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
C63s
Just received mine. Will take it to a shop because I am not very good with this kind of installations haha

It looks much better than oem as it looks flatter, I like it
japamg is offline  
Old 01-02-2019, 09:43 AM
  #104  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 248
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
C63s
Btw this screen is compatible with Burmester right?

Thanks
japamg is offline  
Old 01-02-2019, 09:53 AM
  #105  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 375
Thanks: 0
Thanked 61 Times in 49 Posts
C43 AMG Coupe
Absolutely.
ShakyTom is online now  
Old 01-02-2019, 09:58 AM
  #106  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 248
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
C63s
Originally Posted by ShakyTom View Post
Absolutely.
Thanks!
japamg is offline  
Old 01-02-2019, 10:59 AM
  #107  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 248
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
C63s
Sorry guys another question. When you change the driving mode with the button, is this shown in the screen as the stock does? I mean when you change to Sport+ and you see the image of the car with sport+ mode in the display

Thanks again!
japamg is offline  
Old 01-02-2019, 11:04 AM
  #108  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 60
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
C63 coupe
Finally got it all working, plugged the red/white RCA connectors into the harness and then ran the USB into my arm rest. Used a pair or pliers to make a small hole so the wire could pass through. Sounds great, particularly Pandora with the high quality audio turned on.

Thanks for the help!



IdTamer is offline  
Old 01-02-2019, 11:29 AM
  #109  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 46
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
2017 C63s Sedan
Argh, now it looks like my external temp sensor isn't working (just reads 32F/0C). It definitely was at some point during the install when I tested it, any idea where that is connected and how I might have messed it up?

japamg - I haven't tested switching modes but I think it will bring up the factory system side of things when you switch modes. It's basically like an Android system tacked onto the factory, so it retains everything the factory does. Things that force the factory system to come up (like the back up cam and 360 cam) will still do that on this system.
bigsid05 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to bigsid05 For This Useful Post:
japamg (01-02-2019)
Old 01-02-2019, 11:57 AM
  #110  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 248
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
C63s
Originally Posted by bigsid05 View Post
Argh, now it looks like my external temp sensor isn't working (just reads 32F/0C). It definitely was at some point during the install when I tested it, any idea where that is connected and how I might have messed it up?

japamg - I haven't tested switching modes but I think it will bring up the factory system side of things when you switch modes. It's basically like an Android system tacked onto the factory, so it retains everything the factory does. Things that force the factory system to come up (like the back up cam and 360 cam) will still do that on this system.
Makes sense, thanks
japamg is offline  
Old 01-02-2019, 11:58 AM
  #111  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 248
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
C63s
Originally Posted by IdTamer View Post
Finally got it all working, plugged the red/white RCA connectors into the harness and then ran the USB into my arm rest. Used a pair or pliers to make a small hole so the wire could pass through. Sounds great, particularly Pandora with the high quality audio turned on.

Thanks for the help!



Hmmm didn’t know you had to make holes, thought was plug and play...
japamg is offline  
Old 01-03-2019, 03:50 PM
  #112  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 248
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
C63s
Hi guys

So i had the screen installed but have some issues. Android seems to work fine but when I switch to stock there is like a black column with the Mercedes logo on the right of the screen that wonīt go away. Anyone have any clue on why is that? See pics for reference

Also the stock images look like oversized...

Many thanks





japamg is offline  
Old 01-03-2019, 03:53 PM
  #113  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 46
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
2017 C63s Sedan
Mine has that too, if you tap it, it goes back to the Android interface. I think it's intentional but I don't love it either.

I think I will be uninstalling mine and sending it back. Found 1 dead pixel and still has some light bleed in the corner. Couple it with the fact that you apparently cannot change the A/C temperature display to Fahrenheit, this recurrent SOS Inoperative message and the mercedes logo when going to the factory COMAND interface, it just feels too "aftermarket". This does cement that CarPlay is officially awesome, though. Now that Waze/Google Maps are supported, my next car will have to have it.
bigsid05 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to bigsid05 For This Useful Post:
japamg (01-03-2019)
Old 01-03-2019, 04:00 PM
  #114  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 248
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
C63s
Originally Posted by bigsid05 View Post
Mine has that too, if you tap it, it goes back to the Android interface. I think it's intentional but I don't love it either.

I think I will be uninstalling mine and sending it back. Found 1 dead pixel and still has some light bleed in the corner. Couple it with the fact that you apparently cannot change the A/C temperature display to Fahrenheit, this recurrent SOS Inoperative message and the mercedes logo when going to the factory COMAND interface, it just feels too "aftermarket". This does cement that CarPlay is officially awesome, though. Now that Waze/Google Maps are supported, my next car will have to have it.
So this is intentional? I donīt like it either. Does yours oversize the stock images as well?. For what I have seen, Tom screen does not have this issues...

You sure you cannot change to fareneheit? I recall to see the option when installing
japamg is offline  
Old 01-03-2019, 04:03 PM
  #115  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 46
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
2017 C63s Sedan
Originally Posted by japamg View Post


So this is intentional? I donīt like it either. Does yours oversize the stock images as well?. For what I have seen, Tom screen does not have this issues...

You sure you cannot change to fareneheit? I recall to see the option when installing
You're right, his does not have it based on the video. Maybe there is some way to disable it or change that?

You can change the little widget on the left with the outside temp and car mileage to Fahrenheit/miles, but you apparently cannot change the air conditioning temperature display (I confirmed that with their support team).
bigsid05 is offline  
Old 01-03-2019, 04:07 PM
  #116  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 248
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
C63s
Originally Posted by bigsid05 View Post
You're right, his does not have it based on the video. Maybe there is some way to disable it or change that?

You can change the little widget on the left with the outside temp and car mileage to Fahrenheit/miles, but you apparently cannot change the air conditioning temperature display (I confirmed that with their support team).
Yes thatīs what I saw...

Maybe there is an option to disable it but we have tried many things with no result. I have asked to the guys in Aliexpres
japamg is offline  
Old 01-03-2019, 05:38 PM
  #117  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 375
Thanks: 0
Thanked 61 Times in 49 Posts
C43 AMG Coupe
You can make it full screen by changing something inside the ''hidden' menu. From memory the options were left, right and full.
ShakyTom is online now  
Old 01-03-2019, 05:40 PM
  #118  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 375
Thanks: 0
Thanked 61 Times in 49 Posts
C43 AMG Coupe
Did you guys get literally zero instructions? The oversized thing can also be fixed in that same menu. I think the option is called "screen param" or something and it's a case of changing the number until the stock screen fits perfectly.
ShakyTom is online now  
Old 01-03-2019, 05:42 PM
  #119  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 46
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
2017 C63s Sedan
Originally Posted by ShakyTom View Post
Did you guys get literally zero instructions? The oversized thing can also be fixed in that same menu. I think the option is called "screen param" or something and it's a case of changing the number until the stock screen fits perfectly.
I got a sheet with horrendous installation instructions. Basically just pictures and various things circled in red. I honestly would not have been able to do this without your instructions.

Is that setting in the "Factory setting" menu that requires a password?
bigsid05 is offline  
Old 01-03-2019, 05:44 PM
  #120  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 375
Thanks: 0
Thanked 61 Times in 49 Posts
C43 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by bigsid05 View Post
I got a sheet with horrendous installation instructions. Basically just pictures and various things circled in red. I honestly would not have been able to do this without your instructions.

Is that setting in the "Factory setting" menu that requires a password?
​​​​​​Let me go and check.. it's definitely not in that one though.
ShakyTom is online now  
Old 01-03-2019, 05:57 PM
  #121  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 375
Thanks: 0
Thanked 61 Times in 49 Posts
C43 AMG Coupe




More red circles for that authentic Chinese instructions feel

Triple tap the settings bar in the top picture and then set the options in the red circles on the next. I'm pretty sure the same screen param as me will work perfectly, but if it doesn't, just keep changing that number until it does.
ShakyTom is online now  
Old 01-03-2019, 05:59 PM
  #122  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 46
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
2017 C63s Sedan
Originally Posted by ShakyTom View Post




More red circles for that authentic Chinese instructions feel

Triple tap the settings bar in the top picture and then set the options in the red circles on the next. I'm pretty sure the same screen param as me will work perfectly, but if it doesn't, just keep changing that number until it does.
LOL the Chinese instructions wouldn't have provided the helpful text, so I would have just been pulling my hair out because my "Individuation" settings look completely different.
bigsid05 is offline  
Old 01-03-2019, 06:18 PM
  #123  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 248
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
C63s
This is what I see..



japamg is offline  
Old 01-03-2019, 06:18 PM
  #124  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 46
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
2017 C63s Sedan
Originally Posted by japamg View Post
This is what I see...

Your photo didn't come through.
bigsid05 is offline  
Old 01-03-2019, 06:19 PM
  #125  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 248
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
C63s
Originally Posted by bigsid05 View Post
Your photo didn't come through.
Now yes!
japamg is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2019 larger screen


Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: