Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C63S Overall reliability

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2019 | 09:34 AM

2016 C63 S, 2011 C63 R.I.P.
Originally Posted by Chigs
I can vouch for the first two on your list, although the "rattle" happens only with sharp jolts. The brakes do squeal on a lite touch and quiet down after a little more pressure. I just have the regular brakes.. The brake noise goes away after I power wash the wheels with a pressure washer so I'm thinking it's dust related.
Does it sound like it's coming from somewhere in the back? There's a noise that sometimes happens when i hit bumpy roads, but not always, and it gets pretty annoying. At first i thought it was coming from the rear area of the panoramic roof, but now i'm thinking it might be from the rear shelf area.
Old 06-21-2019 | 11:45 AM

'15 C63S
Originally Posted by rmt52
Does it sound like it's coming from somewhere in the back? There's a noise that sometimes happens when i hit bumpy roads, but not always, and it gets pretty annoying. At first i thought it was coming from the rear area of the panoramic roof, but now i'm thinking it might be from the rear shelf area.
Check to make sure in the trunk that all the side panels, covers, and pieces under the trunk floor are all secure. It only takes a small piece to make a big noise. And that noise can reverberate around and be coming from a location other than where the sound seems to be.

I had a rattle in the front of my car for forever that only showed up on jittery roads. Ended up being that one of the rubber grommets that secures the plastic trim piece by the engine oil cap had cracked. That made the small plastic part rattle around the tiniest bit, but it made a noise in the cabin that sounded like my engine was falling out.
The following users liked this post:
jj18 (06-21-2019)
Old 06-21-2019 | 08:06 PM

2016 C63S AMG
I’ve had my car for nearly 4 years (warranty expires in early September) and currently at about 43300 miles.

No problems with the engine or transmission. No rattles either.

Issues I’ve had are:
Constant wiper chatter.
During the winter I had a creaking noise coming from the dash board when I first got the car. This was fixed under a service bulletin where the front struts needed some work.
Lots of brake squeal but is usually brake dust. After I wash my car the squeals are reduced significantly for a couple of days and then the brake dust returns.
The bottom plastic trim piece on each side of the car (forgot what it’s called) was loose. This was fixed when I did my rear differential change at 1800 miles.
Old 06-24-2019 | 06:28 PM

C63s coupe
Align & tires

Only issue for me has been front tire's inside edges worn down to the cord at 10k miles, with no good reason because those were mostly autobahn and interstate miles rather than canyon carving. Have seen a lot of similar complaints where the first front alignment seems to have ended the problem, which begs the question "is there a factory set-up issue."

My original rear tires are finally shot (1 year and 16k miles) so I am mounting PS4s later this week.
Old 06-24-2019 | 07:40 PM

'15 C63S
Originally Posted by rroberts
Only issue for me has been front tire's inside edges worn down to the cord at 10k miles, with no good reason because those were mostly autobahn and interstate miles rather than canyon carving. Have seen a lot of similar complaints where the first front alignment seems to have ended the problem, which begs the question "is there a factory set-up issue."

My original rear tires are finally shot (1 year and 16k miles) so I am mounting PS4s later this week.
I've had the same issue with wear on the inner edges of the front tire. I've also had an alignment done, but it was not that far out of spec.

I'm convinced the issue is due to the C63's unique front suspension geometry and how it makes the front tires "hop" when turning tightly. I'm talking about having the steering wheel cranked significantly, like when you are turning into a parking spot. You can feel the front end hop as it's (I'm assuming) dragging along the inner edge of the inside front tire.
Old 06-24-2019 | 07:55 PM

2016 C63s
Had the infotainment screen go and some computer module that controls it replaced as well at the same time.

After I got a software update(sametime as screen replacement) none of my interior clocks told the correct time and could be changed to the right time, though. After 3 visits, latest one being today, they said there was a new software update to patch and fix the issue due out in july? Anyone else have this issue/hear about this update?

Also, at 20k km(2016 model) and they told me my front end needed alignment as well.
Old 06-24-2019 | 09:55 PM

2019 C63S Selenite Grey, 2018 911 Turbo, Guards Red
The wheel hop for sports cars is very normal. I have an upgraded suspension on my Porsche C4 and it works the same way. Big tires and the geometry equals hopping when you turn the wheel all the way.

Last edited by Sullicc4; 06-24-2019 at 10:00 PM.
Old 06-26-2019 | 11:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

19 E63s, 23 M3 compX, B9 SQ5
Originally Posted by msd3075
I've had the same issue with wear on the inner edges of the front tire. I've also had an alignment done, but it was not that far out of spec.

I'm convinced the issue is due to the C63's unique front suspension geometry and how it makes the front tires "hop" when turning tightly. I'm talking about having the steering wheel cranked significantly, like when you are turning into a parking spot. You can feel the front end hop as it's (I'm assuming) dragging along the inner edge of the inside front tire.
The cars are setup from factory with aggressive negative camber in front. It will wear down your inner fronts regardless of proper alignment. If you lower your car that inner wear is accelerated. Kmac bushings FTW.
Old 06-27-2019 | 10:45 AM

C63S
Originally Posted by msd3075

It's not unique. Every Porsche, Audi, and Benz we've owned (as well as others) has had that characteristic, whether sports car, sedan or SUV. It's due to the Ackerman steering model.

The following users liked this post:
shootermcgav1n (08-11-2021)
Old 06-27-2019 | 04:00 PM

'15 C63S
Originally Posted by raudiace4
The cars are setup from factory with aggressive negative camber in front. It will wear down your inner fronts regardless of proper alignment. If you lower your car that inner wear is accelerated. Kmac bushings FTW.
The issue C63 owners are seeing is defined wear on the inner edges of the front tires. This type of wear, if caused by an alignment issue, is almost always a toe issue, not a camber issue. The only time edge wear like this is caused by camber is if it is very extreme amounts of negative camber. Tire wear issues caused by camber being slightly out of stock specs tend to have a pattern in which the wear increases gradually as you get closer to the edge of the tire.
Old 06-28-2019 | 01:39 PM

c63s
Originally Posted by Mr. Pink
43k miles here

Only thing I've had an issue with is steering rack made a clunk noise while turned and going over bumps

Besides that 0 issues
I have this exact problem.What was the issue and what did they do to fix it?
I have this and also have a clunk but a bit quieter when I initially accelerate as well.