RANT : Not specific to MB AMG..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2019, 09:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 399 Likes on 307 Posts
AMG C63s Sedan , AMG C43 , AMG G63 , GLK 250
Angry RANT : Not specific to MB AMG..

this is a rant of sorts.. am posting here since I have a c63s ..

I was driving to work this am, and the city workers that were mowing the grass, just BLOW the debri etc into the streets , I had my windows down and suddenly had **** all in my car !! WTF..
(is it just me, or did we grow up and used to bag that ****! ??) and how are cities etc doing this with out claims of damage ? )

Has anyone ever got dinged with a rock or something from the landscapers blowing that crap into traffic ?

Now need to take it to get detailed to get all this grass and dirt **** out of my car...!!! UHHHHG

Thanks for letting me vent!
Old 06-27-2019, 10:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 284 Likes on 194 Posts
2021 Mercedes C63s AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by FLC63s

I was driving to work this am, and the city workers that were mowing the grass, just BLOW the debri etc into the streets , I had my windows down and suddenly had **** all in my car !! WTF..
(is it just me, or did we grow up and used to bag that ****! ??) and how are cities etc doing this with out claims of damage ? )

Has anyone ever got dinged with a rock or something from the landscapers blowing that crap into traffic ?

Now need to take it to get detailed to get all this grass and dirt **** out of my car...!!! UHHHHG

If this happened with my car, someone would have died, and then I would have killed myself.
The following users liked this post:
FLC63s (06-27-2019)
Old 06-27-2019, 10:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by munis
If this happened with my car, someone would have died, and then I would have killed myself.
Trust me..... I had to hold myself back.....
Old 06-27-2019, 10:53 AM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
2014 CLA45; 2019 C63s
As long as we're ranting, my biggest gripe is construction equipment going down the road on a trailer, when the hauler is too lazy to properly wash down the equipment prior to loading it. It's going down the road at 55 MPH, and every time it hits a bump, pieces of gravel and dirt are bouncing off of it. My last car got at least two paint chips and one windshield crack that way. It was a big part of the reason I paid for full frontal XPEL paint protection film on my new car.
FLC63s (06-27-2019)
Old 06-27-2019, 11:01 AM

Received 40 Likes on 18 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by FearlessFarris
As long as we're ranting, my biggest gripe is construction equipment going down the road on a trailer, when the hauler is too lazy to properly wash down the equipment prior to loading it. It's going down the road at 55 MPH, and every time it hits a bump, pieces of gravel and dirt are bouncing off of it. My last car got at least two paint chips and one windshield crack that way. It was a big part of the reason I paid for full frontal XPEL paint protection film on my new car.
See that a lot where we live which is why all of our cars (except the Jeep) have ppf on the fronts.
Old 06-27-2019, 11:05 AM

Received 33 Likes on 14 Posts
C63S
Some *** using a weed whacker on the side of the road unknowingly shot a small pebble at me as I was driving by and chipped my window. I will never forget that.
FLC63s (06-27-2019)
Old 06-27-2019, 11:13 AM

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
2019 AMG C63
I've loathe those who drop nails out of their pick-up trucks that people eventually run over and puncture. I've had some really bad luck with that.
Old 06-27-2019, 12:09 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
2017 C63S coupe '09 C63, '15 Durango RT, '14 Jeep SRT8
Originally Posted by FLC63s

I am no expert but I believe that the reason most people don't use bags is because leaving the cut grass on the lawn is actually better. The cut grass acts like a natural fertilizer so you benefit from leaving it on the lawn after cutting it.
Old 06-27-2019, 12:12 PM

Received 40 Likes on 18 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by w204nyc
I am no expert but I believe that the reason most people don't use bags is because leaving the cut grass on the lawn is actually better. The cut grass acts like a natural fertilizer so you benefit from leaving it on the lawn after cutting it.
It is actually better if you mulch it and leave it laying on the ground, but side discharge mowers do not mulch. They just spray crap everywhere.

In our town, the trash pickup will not pick up lawn clippings. That's the reason most don't bag the grass when mowing. We haven't bagged grass in well over 20 years.
Old 06-27-2019, 12:24 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
2017 C63S coupe '09 C63, '15 Durango RT, '14 Jeep SRT8
Originally Posted by Mojo31
It is actually better if you mulch it and leave it laying on the ground, but side discharge mowers do not mulch. They just spray crap everywhere.

In our town, the trash pickup will not pick up lawn clippings. That's the reason most don't bag the grass when mowing. We haven't bagged grass in well over 20 years.
Absolutely right, mulching is the way to go. I used to bag mine until my neighbors landscapper told me not to.
Old 06-27-2019, 02:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by w204nyc
Yea but this wasnt a home, it was the CITY doing the common areas, etc on the road, and they were blowing that crap directly into traffic...
Old 06-29-2019, 01:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Mosselman 190E 16V+ C63S+ Abarth 595
I own a landscaping company and teach all my guys when anywhere near the street to keep an eye up and to stop whipping every time a car passes. Thankfully the rest of the companies in town followed so I never have my own car hit by any rocks in town.
Also if your landscaper is telling you that not bagging your grass is better for your yard he just doesn’t want to bag it, have to empty the bags, then have to lift the heavy *** barrel into his dump truck that at the end of the day will have to pay $25-75 to dump all the clippings. My OCD would never allow me to do such messy looking jobs. Any idea mowing any debris into a street is a complete idiot or a complete ***