Sponsored by:

Nitto drag radial review!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2019, 10:41 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
C63 Amg coupe 2018
Nitto drag radial review!

So at 5k miles i have managed to burn through my PSS so i said goodbye to Michelin. What i picked up last week solved all the problems tuning this car gives us, its absolutely amazing! Yes I'm speaking of ditching high performance street summer tires in favor of drag radials. I just bought the nitro NT05 tires for the rear of my car and lucky for me it is rainy season here. Yet the Nittos did fine in the rain as long as you drive like a normal person. On dry days its another story the grip is incredible! I can now do first and second gear pulls flat out if the tires are warm enough. I have the stock 18 inch wheels on my car for now and with the car being lowered on H&R springs the 295,30,18 tires fit with room to spare. Keep in mind i only got the rear tires replaced, the front ones are the factory tires. That being said it corners amazing! The added grip from the rear radials thrusts you out of corners much better than the stock tires. Spinning is minimal and griping is consistent when they are warmed up but they are a little slippery when they are cold. Once you heat them up from driving for awhile, you can hammer the car in any gear! Just as long as your going straight, the car just hooks and feels great! When i bought the tires the shop advised me not to put 305s on because they would not fit thus why i bought 295s. While I'm sure the small amount of extra width helps I suspect the grip is mostly because of the tires themselves. In other words if 285s are cheaper than 295s get them because you probably won't notice the difference on radials, with street tires possibly being an exception? Guys if your car is tuned and you would like to be able to have fun with your c63 get drag radials! The fact that us members on this forum all own 80-100k cars says we can probably afford new tires every 6 months they are worth it fellas! Remember when your car was stock and you could use the power without too much wheel spin killing your fun? Well the car is a lot like that again with drag radials. With the added benefit of the car being very very fast when tuned these tires complete the car, performance wise for me. Thank you Nitto!
The following users liked this post:
AV1 (02-19-2019)
Old 02-18-2019, 11:50 PM

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts
‘17 GT F1A E85 Monster ‘16 C63s
The nt05r’s are even a step better than the regular non r’s and still handle extremely well around twisties. They have enough grip for whatever a C63s can throw at them, tuned or untuned. Also the r’s can get really good mileage depending on alignment lol...I got 16k miles out of my nt05r’s daily driving on my mustang doing minimal burnouts and mostly just slightly hazing them or cruising.

Last edited by gOt BoOsT; 02-18-2019 at 11:52 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by gOt BoOsT:
AV1 (02-19-2019), mrgator_1 (02-24-2019)
Old 02-19-2019, 08:16 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by gOt BoOsT
The nt05r’s are even a step better than the regular non r’s and still handle extremely well around twisties. They have enough grip for whatever a C63s can throw at them, tuned or untuned. Also the r’s can get really good mileage depending on alignment lol...I got 16k miles out of my nt05r’s daily driving on my mustang doing minimal burnouts and mostly just slightly hazing them or cruising.
That is exactly what I've got lined up for mine on a 3rd set of rims

Good to know from the above review the standard NT05 is also a great performer.
Old 02-21-2019, 10:28 PM

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts
‘17 GT F1A E85 Monster ‘16 C63s
Originally Posted by AV1
That is exactly what I've got lined up for mine on a 3rd set of rims

Good to know from the above review the standard NT05 is also a great performer.
Nice! The nt05r will work really well for you in lower gears on the C63 from a stop or roll. They couldn’t hook 2nd gear on my procharged mustang, but it’s making 1k+whp so there’s that lol.
Old 02-22-2019, 01:23 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
2016 c63s
Has anyone who tried the nittos also tried the toyo r888r?

I have nothing but good things to say about the toyo, much like the original poster about the nittos.

Got about 5 months out of them.
looking for similar performance, little more mileage though.

Was thinking of trying the Michelin PS4s, but nt05r recommendation of 16k possible miles sounds promising
Old 02-22-2019, 02:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 582 Likes on 335 Posts
19 E63s, 23 M3 compX, B9 SQ5
Originally Posted by DaRuzzian

I have nothing but good things to say about the toyo, much like the original poster about the nittos.

Was thinking of trying the Michelin PS4s, but nt05r recommendation of 16k possible miles sounds promising
I have 295 PS4s and they are good summer tires, but not enough to keep wheelspin down at even stock power levels from a stop or even 2nd gear WOT pulls. I've heard great things about the Toyo R888s, that's going to be my next set with tune/dp power levels.
Old 02-22-2019, 08:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 368 Likes on 262 Posts
2017 Porsche 911 C4
I have 305 PS4S's on my Coupe and it does pretty well with the Dinan tune. I can still get wheel spin in 2nd and 3rd if I'm not peddling it down low in the RPM at peak torque. But overall, it's a huge improvement over stock which was completely undriveable.

I couldn't do better than a 2.0 60' foot at the drag strip with the 305's, but it was good enough for a 3.7 0-60 mph and 11.5 @ 127 mph. Stock tires and before tune I ran 11.6 @ 121 mph.

It'll be a while until the next tire replacement, but I'll probably go with R888R's next.
Old 02-22-2019, 09:03 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
C63 Amg coupe 2018
Originally Posted by DaRuzzian

Everyones driving habits are different. I make a habit out of hammering the car whenever there is no one else around. Because i live in the outskirts of my town i have the advantage of empty wide roads to have fun on. Thus 5K miles is pretty good for someone like me. Yet someone who is older than me and more careful and has less opportunity to play with the car may save your tires. Thus i have no doubt these could make 16k for another driver. As for those like me 5k is all i have come to expect with my lowered car and bad tire conservation habits.
Old 02-24-2019, 01:37 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
2016 c63s
Thanks for all the experiences!

Looks like I'm sticking with the toyos then 😭

They are pretty incredible, 0 spin while hammering down the pedal track or street.