Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

At long last...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2019 | 05:16 PM

C63S, G500
Originally Posted by mrguitar
i saw that name too, but i think thats only a portion of the canal...i think it's the delaware/chesapeake canal...here's the wiki on it:

Post-1970s[edit]
Today's canal is a modern sea-level, electronically controlled commercial waterway, carrying 40 percent of all ship traffic in and out of the Port of Baltimore.

Since 1933 the Corps' Philadelphia District has managed canal and highway bridge operations from a two-story white frame building on the canal's southern bank at Chesapeake City, Maryland. Cargo ships of all sizes, tankers, container-carrying vessels (all up to Seawaymax-classification), barges accompanied by tugboats, and countless recreational boats create a steady flow of traffic. Through state-of-the-art fiber optic and microwave links, dispatchers use closed-circuit television and radio systems to monitor and safely move commercial traffic through the waterway.

Navigating oceangoing vessels requires extensive maritime skills, with strong currents or bad weather conditions adding to the risks. A United States Coast Guard certified pilot is required for vessels engaged in foreign trade transiting the canal, the Delaware River and Bay, and Chesapeake Bay. Many shipping firms use pilots from the Delaware River and Bay or Maryland pilots' associations.

Typically a Delaware River and Bay pilot boards a ship as it passes Lewes, Delaware, entering the Delaware Bay, and guides the vessel up the bay and into the canal to Chesapeake City. A Maryland pilot then takes over and continues the ship's transit into the Chesapeake Bay to Baltimore or Annapolis, Maryland. The procedure is reversed for eastbound ships. At Chesapeake City a "changing of the pilots" takes place, while the pilot launch maneuvers alongside a vessel as it continues its journey without stopping. The pilots use the ship's gangway, pilot ladder, or port entrance to climb aboard or leave the vessel.
Yep, Back Creek starts just before the 213 bridge...its the Chesapeake and Delaware Canal before that...
Old 07-24-2019 | 06:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by Steve--O
Looks like Martorell will go down Back Creek...that better be one hell of a creek!!!

That's the Chesapeake and Delaware Canal. Back Creek is at the end of it, so yes it will go through there.
Old 07-25-2019 | 01:33 AM

C63S, G500
Finally, Martorell is moored in Baltimore!!! One stop closer!!!

The following users liked this post:
mrguitar (07-25-2019)
Old 07-25-2019 | 07:07 PM

C63S, G500
And the Martorell is again on the move.

Next stop Brunswick...And my car gets of the ship!!!

The following 2 users liked this post by Steve--O:
mrguitar (07-26-2019), Radon (07-25-2019)
Old 07-26-2019 | 11:16 AM

c63s
jelly
Old 07-28-2019 | 06:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Left Brunswick, next stop Cristobal and then through the Panama Canal....
Old 07-28-2019 | 11:54 PM

c63s
Originally Posted by superswiss
Left Brunswick, next stop Cristobal and then through the Panama Canal....
and now, the REAL wait begins... (at least, it feels that way, if not)

at least Steve--O is getting his car soon! Send pics!
Old 07-29-2019 | 08:08 PM

2019 AMG C63 Sedan (Gone and wont be missed)

Man, you are handling this way better than I would be. I would have cancelled my order and burned the dealership by now. I hope you get it soon and it’s exactly what you wanted and maybe even more.

We should seriously throw you some sort of party.
Old 07-30-2019 | 09:16 AM

C63S, G500

My car arrived at Brunswick on Sunday morning and cleared customs yesterday around noon!!!

I'm not sure how long it will take to get from Brunswick to Dallas...???
I guess I need to inquire at the dealer from here on out since its back under MBUSA controll...
mrguitar (07-30-2019)
Old 07-30-2019 | 11:30 AM

c63s
Originally Posted by boosteddub69
Man, you are handling this way better than I would be. I would have cancelled my order and burned the dealership by now. I hope you get it soon and it’s exactly what you wanted and maybe even more.

We should seriously throw you some sort of party.
lol thanks @boosteddub69 , although, even though i created this thread, i don't think i've had it worst of anyone here. my dealer has actually been great. they just have their limits as to what they can do, so i had to take it on myself to seek out and contact AMG USA myself. it's definitely helped, but they too have their limits of influence over the guys in germany.

what i've learned over the past 10-11 months is more of how MBZ/AMG works and what you can/can't expect from ordering a car from them. it's definitely been eye-opening and insightful, but ultimately, not a good/fun experience. if i had known 11 months ago that I would have to wait until august to get my car, i really may have gone a different direction. i had to extend my M4 lease 6 more months to accommodate the situation. what a pain.

anyway, for anyone else still waiting for their vehicle, we are all fellow sojourners together in this AMG wait-ers brotherhood.
boosteddub69 (07-30-2019)
Old 07-30-2019 | 11:31 AM

c63s
Originally Posted by Steve--O
My car arrived at Brunswick on Sunday morning and cleared customs yesterday around noon!!!

I'm not sure how long it will take to get from Brunswick to Dallas...???
I guess I need to inquire at the dealer from here on out since its back under MBUSA controll...
congrats! you'll see it soon enough, it seems. keep us posted!
Old 07-30-2019 | 12:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s Sedan , AMG C43 , AMG G63 , GLK 250
I sent an email to Dr. Phil, so we can possibly get some sessions .....
mrguitar (07-30-2019)
Old 07-30-2019 | 01:11 PM

c63s
Originally Posted by Uga Uga
I am going for kamikaze Zipang . Semi self healing ceramic. I will
not be using any PPF.

Facebook Post
@Uga Uga , how is your ceramic coating holding up? any issues?
Old 07-30-2019 | 01:12 PM

c63s
Originally Posted by bob_ham
I picked up mine from the detailer yesterday, I got the FEYNLAB Self Heal Lite and the car looks incredible. I'm a big fan. Drove home in a light rain and there was hardly any water on the car by the time I got it parked in the garage, it all beaded up and shed. Plus the self heal feature is awesome.

Note - I don't have the matte paint so my experience isn't the same as what Uga Uga will have.
@bob_ham , how is your ceramic coating holding up? any issues?
Old 07-31-2019 | 02:00 PM

2019 C63S
Hi,
Its me again, I had previously posted in the 2019 deliveries thread but also found this thread very interesting. I had previously placed my order for my car back in February and the expected ETA was end of May. However, since then there has been delays pushing the delivery back to June then July and now the dealership has told me end of August and that its "blocked for production" whatever that means?- The dealership has not provided any specific information such as if the car has been built, is it at the VPC etc. I tried contacting the VP of the dealership and it does not seem like they want to take my calls. I was provided a VIN for the car back in April but that is all the info I have as of right now. Once again the car is coming to Canada and the specs are: Obsidian Blk / Premium pkg / Tech pkg / CF Spoiler / CF Mirror / CF steering wheel / CF centre console. I was hoping someone in this thread would be kind enough to provide me with the contact information for their AMG contact so I can hopefully receive more information such as the cause of the delays, the expected ETA, the stage of production the car is currently in. The dealership told me the car will still be a 2019 not sure how true that is. Anyone who is able to help i'd like to thank you in advance!
Old 07-31-2019 | 02:06 PM
Veteran: Marine Corp

Current: 2017 C63S Prior: 2016 CLA45, 2015 Evo X Final Edition
Originally Posted by Thomas1140
Hi,
Its me again, I had previously posted in the 2019 deliveries thread but also found this thread very interesting. I had previously placed my order for my car back in February and the expected ETA was end of May. However, since then there has been delays pushing the delivery back to June then July and now the dealership has told me end of August and that its "blocked for production" whatever that means?- The dealership has not provided any specific information such as if the car has been built, is it at the VPC etc. I tried contacting the VP of the dealership and it does not seem like they want to take my calls. I was provided a VIN for the car back in April but that is all the info I have as of right now. Once again the car is coming to Canada and the specs are: Obsidian Blk / Premium pkg / Tech pkg / CF Spoiler / CF Mirror / CF steering wheel / CF centre console. I was hoping someone in this thread would be kind enough to provide me with the contact information for their AMG contact so I can hopefully receive more information such as the cause of the delays, the expected ETA, the stage of production the car is currently in. The dealership told me the car will still be a 2019 not sure how true that is. Anyone who is able to help i'd like to thank you in advance!
Good luck. I've been following this thread for a while now and it seems like nobody can actually tell you anything about your car until its on a boat!
Thomas1140 (07-31-2019)
Old 07-31-2019 | 04:35 PM

c63s
Originally Posted by Thomas1140
Hi,
Hi @Thomas1140 , sorry to hear about your situation. And actually, yours sounds "worse" to me, probably since you are in Canada...what scares me is seeing "blocked for production." I've never heard of that, but I'm hoping it doesn't mean blocked from production for 2019...meaning, you won't get it until 2020s start shipping in Q4. Upside is that it would be a 2020...downside is you might hold the world record for waiting for their car...hope it's not the case.

Doesn't your SA have access to NetStar? Or is that just a US thing? If so, they should be able to at least show you the list of events on your vehicle, as posted several times in this thread by me and others.

Regarding AMG, what I did is call the MB USA office in GA and I eventually was routed to my respective AMG manager. That said, my person doesn't manage Canada at all, so you would likely need to go through the same route for the Canadian market. I suggest you start there. A quick google search yielded a result of MB Canada Head Office in Toronto. I saw this as the phone number: (800) 387-0100

Good luck and keep us posted!
Old 07-31-2019 | 04:39 PM

c63s
Originally Posted by Drisso88
Good luck. I've been following this thread for a while now and it seems like nobody can actually tell you anything about your car until its on a boat!
@Drisso88 , you HAVE been following this thread!

It's pretty true though...it's all just smoke and mirrors and heresay until it says "SHIP TELEX" (like mine did).
Old 07-31-2019 | 05:40 PM
Veteran: Marine Corp

Current: 2017 C63S Prior: 2016 CLA45, 2015 Evo X Final Edition
@Drisso88 , you HAVE been following this thread!

It's pretty true though...it's all just smoke and mirrors and heresay until it says "SHIP TELEX" (like mine did).
@mrguitar Haha I have a '17 for now but I'm just following to see what my headache is going to be like when I custom order a 2023 C63S! That is, assuming they're not 4 bangers like some members have alluded to in other threads
Old 07-31-2019 | 05:47 PM

c63s
Originally Posted by Drisso88
@mrguitar Haha I have a '17 for now but I'm just following to see what my headache is going to be like when I custom order a 2023 C63S! That is, assuming they're not 4 bangers like some members have alluded to in other threads
Don't do it!! Haha jk.

Best advice I would give someone at this point is don't be forced into a buying timeline. In other words, have a year (literally) of flexibility of when you can get your new car. It will save you in headache as well as anxiety/anticipation. Then, you will never have to check up on things, never have to experience a delay, just wait nice and easy for the new car to arrive.

THAT, or buy off the lot. If you can compromise the configuration at some point, buy from existing stock. The best way.

LASTLY, do what others have done (and what I almost did), which is Euro Delivery...like Superswiss said, they can't really delay your car since you're flying over there to pick it up. I personally just couldn't live with the front license plate holes drilled in my bumper. HAHA. I know, it's lame...also, I got a better price buying from a US dealer. Euro Delivery maxes around 5%-8% discount, but the lease rates are higher too (if you're leasing).
Drisso88 (07-31-2019)
Old 07-31-2019 | 06:01 PM

c63s
And on that note...Martorell has rounded Cuba and heading for Jamaica! Come oooooon, little green boat! GO FASTER.

Last edited by mrguitar; 08-01-2019 at 12:41 PM.
superswiss (07-31-2019)
Old 07-31-2019 | 06:46 PM

2019 C63s Coupe
And on that note...Martorell has rounded Cuba and heading for Jamaica! Come oooooon, little greet boat! GO FASTER.
What a slowwwwww boat. Maybe it's dragging its anchor. Mine is getting close to the tip of Baja California.
mrguitar (07-31-2019)
Old 07-31-2019 | 06:48 PM

c63s
Originally Posted by Radon
What a slowwwwww boat. Maybe it's dragging its anchor. Mine is getting close to the tip of Baja California.
Radon (07-31-2019)
Old 08-01-2019 | 08:33 AM

2019 AMG C63S
@bob_ham , how is your ceramic coating holding up? any issues?
I can't say I really notice it one way or the other. No scratches or damages apparent, so either I've avoided them all together, or the coating is working.

I will say it shines up real easy with a quick wash. It gets dirty fast, but that's to be expected with a dark car.
mrguitar (08-01-2019)
Old 08-01-2019 | 09:18 AM

2019 C63S
Hi @Thomas1140 , sorry to hear about your situation. And actually, yours sounds "worse" to me, probably since you are in Canada...what scares me is seeing "blocked for production." I've never heard of that, but I'm hoping it doesn't mean blocked from production for 2019...meaning, you won't get it until 2020s start shipping in Q4. Upside is that it would be a 2020...downside is you might hold the world record for waiting for their car...hope it's not the case.

Doesn't your SA have access to NetStar? Or is that just a US thing? If so, they should be able to at least show you the list of events on your vehicle, as posted several times in this thread by me and others.

Regarding AMG, what I did is call the MB USA office in GA and I eventually was routed to my respective AMG manager. That said, my person doesn't manage Canada at all, so you would likely need to go through the same route for the Canadian market. I suggest you start there. A quick google search yielded a result of MB Canada Head Office in Toronto. I saw this as the phone number: (800) 387-0100

Good luck and keep us posted!
Thanks for the advice! I'm not sure if we use the Net Star system over in Canada but whenever I ask for a more specific reason for the cause of the delay my messages are ignored. Thanks for the number I'll try giving them a call and seeing what I can find out.
mrguitar (08-01-2019)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: At long last...