Notices
C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

At long last...

 
Old 04-01-2019, 11:26 AM
  #1  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 223
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
c63s
At long last...



After 6 months of patiently waiting, my car finally officially goes into production this week. I can hardly believe it.

The wait (especially the last 2 months since the PO was submitted) has been exruciating, especially seeing all the 19's coming and going on this forum as of late. I passed on two closely-configured and available vehicles in December and then January to get the exact build I wanted.

Now, just hoping for no production delays or transport issues...

Here's my build:



Last edited by mrguitar; 04-01-2019 at 01:56 PM.
mrguitar is online now  
Old 04-01-2019, 12:17 PM
  #2  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Just outside of DC
Posts: 57
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Audi S7 (out going), 2006 Porsche C4
Hallelujah!. It must have been rough. I put my order in 1/29/19. My car is built and awaits a ship as of last week. As others have mentioned, the fact that we can't track this ourselves seems silly by today's standards.
Sullicc4 is offline  
The following users liked this post:
jj18 (05-25-2019)
Old 04-01-2019, 01:42 PM
  #3  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 223
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
c63s
Originally Posted by Sullicc4 View Post
Hallelujah!. It must have been rough. I put my order in 1/29/19. My car is built and awaits a ship as of last week. As others have mentioned, the fact that we can't track this ourselves seems silly by today's standards.
mrguitar is online now  
Old 04-01-2019, 01:47 PM
  #4  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 291
Received 57 Likes on 42 Posts
Congrats!!! Mine was produced feb 11th.. 15 mins ago my SA contacted me and said It's assigned a ship!!!!!!!! It has been a LONG road!!!!
purplewidow is offline  
The following users liked this post:
jj18 (05-25-2019)
Old 04-01-2019, 01:50 PM
  #5  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 223
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
c63s
Originally Posted by purplewidow View Post
Congrats!!! Mine was produced feb 11th.. 15 mins ago my SA contacted me and said It's assigned a ship!!!!!!!! It has been a LONG road!!!!
UGH. it took yours another 1.5 months to ship?

Congrats though...can't wait to see the pics!
mrguitar is online now  
Old 04-01-2019, 02:31 PM
  #6  
Super Member
 
Uga Uga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 673
Received 102 Likes on 95 Posts
2019C63S coupe
Congratulations, Mine has FINALLY arrived in the UK today.
Uga Uga is offline  
Old 04-01-2019, 02:48 PM
  #7  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 223
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
c63s
Originally Posted by Uga Uga View Post
Congratulations, Mine has FINALLY arrived in the UK today.
Haha you guys are just trying to rub it in, eh?

pics or it didn't happen! congrats
mrguitar is online now  
Old 04-01-2019, 03:40 PM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 291
Received 57 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by mrguitar View Post
UGH. it took yours another 1.5 months to ship?

Congrats though...can't wait to see the pics!
My wait has been UNREAL!!!!! It isn't even shipped it just got assigned a ship.. lol
purplewidow is offline  
Old 04-01-2019, 04:08 PM
  #9  
Super Member
 
Uga Uga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 673
Received 102 Likes on 95 Posts
2019C63S coupe
Originally Posted by mrguitar View Post
Haha you guys are just trying to rub it in, eh?

pics or it didn't happen! congrats
soon. Vessel landed today. 😊
Uga Uga is offline  
Old 04-01-2019, 06:21 PM
  #10  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 223
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
c63s
Does anyone know if the actual production is like clockwork or does the timeline vary for that as well? How long does it take, from start to finish?
mrguitar is online now  
Old 04-01-2019, 07:10 PM
  #11  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 291
Received 57 Likes on 42 Posts
mine went from:
b30 - 1/29/2019 - DCAGx - 10 Processed
b40 - 2/5/2019 - DCAG x - 2 processed
z63 - 2/5/2019 - Confirm Vin Update
b50 - 2/11/2019 - Produced Not Shipped
b60 - 3/21/2019 - Factory Invoiced
b70 - 3/22/2019 - At Port No Ship Assignment
b80 - 4/1/2019 - At Port Ship Assigned

Usually takes a few days to show the ships name which is c20

Last edited by purplewidow; 04-01-2019 at 07:12 PM.
purplewidow is offline  
The following users liked this post:
mrguitar (04-01-2019)
Old 04-01-2019, 07:11 PM
  #12  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 223
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
c63s
Originally Posted by purplewidow View Post
mine went from:

z63 - 2/5/2019 - Confirm Vin Update
b50 - 2/11/2019 - Produced Not Shipped
b60 - 3/21/2019 - Factory Invoiced
b70 - 3/22/2019 - At Port No Ship Assignment
b80 - 4/1/2019 - At Port Ship Assigned

Usually takes a few days to show the ships name which is c20
So it takes like 6 days to produce?
mrguitar is online now  
Old 04-01-2019, 07:21 PM
  #13  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 291
Received 57 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by mrguitar View Post
So it takes like 6 days to produce?
For mine it was... Though "b40 dcagx-2 processed" means 2 days to completion.. but it didn't say produced not shipped till 6 days after.
purplewidow is offline  
Old 04-01-2019, 07:55 PM
  #14  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 392
Received 96 Likes on 77 Posts
2013 Audi RS5, 2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by mrguitar View Post
So it takes like 6 days to produce?
Congrats on getting your car produced. I'm not sure which status is considered the begin of production, but if the DCAG events are all production events than the whole thing takes more like a month. Status goes from B00,B10,B30,B40,Z63 and ultimately B50 signals production complete. Might wanna find out your exact current status from your SA. Here's the history of mine leading up to production complete. I'm pretty sure mine went into production on 1/15, but wasn't marked as complete until 2/18.


superswiss is offline  
The following users liked this post:
mrguitar (04-02-2019)
Old 04-01-2019, 09:15 PM
  #15  
Junior Member
 
DonC63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 40
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63
DonC63 is offline  
Old 04-01-2019, 09:16 PM
  #16  
Junior Member
 
DonC63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 40
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63
will it look like this???
DonC63 is offline  
Old 04-02-2019, 12:35 PM
  #17  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 223
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
c63s
Originally Posted by DonC63 View Post
will it look like this???
Haha yes, to the T, DonC63! I think I've decided I'm going to add the additional rear flics as well since I like that look...
mrguitar is online now  
Old 04-03-2019, 08:10 AM
  #18  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 49
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
2019 AMG C63S
Congrats, you'll love it. I'll be curious if you find your inductive charging pad as finicky as I find mine - I have to have my phone in the perfect position for it to work properly.
bob_ham is offline  
Old 04-03-2019, 08:52 AM
  #19  
Super Member
 
NYCSoiL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 709
Received 77 Likes on 71 Posts
2019 C63S Coupe; Tesla M3P
Congrats! What is "524 Paint Protection"?
NYCSoiL is offline  
Old 04-03-2019, 11:08 AM
  #20  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 223
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
c63s
Originally Posted by bob_ham View Post
Congrats, you'll love it. I'll be curious if you find your inductive charging pad as finicky as I find mine - I have to have my phone in the perfect position for it to work properly.
really!?!?! this simple feature i've been looking so forward to doesn't work seamlessly? i literally had to have it. ugh...it's so true that the most exciting time is prior to when the car arrives. haha
mrguitar is online now  
Old 04-03-2019, 11:09 AM
  #21  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 223
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
c63s
Originally Posted by NYCSoiL View Post
Congrats! What is "524 Paint Protection"?
i have no idea, but i'm thinking it may automatically get added with magno paint (i.e. if nobody else has that in their build with regular paint)...?
mrguitar is online now  
Old 04-03-2019, 11:19 AM
  #22  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 49
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
2019 AMG C63S
Yup. I was using a Samsung Galaxy S9 and had to spend a bit of time trying different positions until I got it to work. The hard part is the little area is tucked back in and very short so seeing anything on the phone like a charging light is difficult. My wife's iPhone automatically enters Apple Pay when she tried, so maybe MB is trying to get another few bucks out of me!

I also am frustrated that there seems to be no remote start outside of the app, and the app doesn't always work.

Still, car is a 10 out of 10 so far.
bob_ham is offline  
Old 04-03-2019, 11:26 AM
  #23  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 223
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
c63s
Originally Posted by bob_ham View Post
Yup. I was using a Samsung Galaxy S9 and had to spend a bit of time trying different positions until I got it to work. The hard part is the little area is tucked back in and very short so seeing anything on the phone like a charging light is difficult. My wife's iPhone automatically enters Apple Pay when she tried, so maybe MB is trying to get another few bucks out of me!

I also am frustrated that there seems to be no remote start outside of the app, and the app doesn't always work.

Still, car is a 10 out of 10 so far.
Haha great, I have an iPhone too...so lame when manufacturers add features like these that are half-baked. Way to burst my bubble, bob_ham. LOL.

I've heard bad things about the app as well, mostly that the remote start only works like 50% of the time like you say.

Based on these things, the car is at 9 out of 10 for me already. Hahaha. (I know...I have unrealistic expectations)
mrguitar is online now  
Old 04-03-2019, 01:09 PM
  #24  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 392
Received 96 Likes on 77 Posts
2013 Audi RS5, 2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by mrguitar View Post
Haha great, I have an iPhone too...so lame when manufacturers add features like these that are half-baked. Way to burst my bubble, bob_ham. LOL.

I've heard bad things about the app as well, mostly that the remote start only works like 50% of the time like you say.

Based on these things, the car is at 9 out of 10 for me already. Hahaha. (I know...I have unrealistic expectations)
I think the charging position issue is specific to certain phones that are more sensitive about placement. Also the Apple Pay issue bob_ham mentions is easy to fix. It's the NFC Bluetooth pairing that triggers Apple Pay if the phone happens to come too close to the NFC sensor in the dash. Just turn the sensor off in the car settings. The iPhone doesn't support NFC Bluetooth Pairing anyway. Regarding the app, the 2019s use an entirely new app called Mercedes Me Connect. The online platform has changed. The issues with the Mercedes Me app I've read about are with the old system/app up to MY2018.
superswiss is offline  
Old 04-08-2019, 01:59 PM
  #25  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 223
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
c63s
AT LONG LAST...

I am now on the list of delayed vehicles, as production still has not started after a week already...way to uphold great customer service, MBZ!

Assuming this is not out of the norm, but a little disconcerting that they haven't even started building the car yet and have no updates...seems like others have delays much later in the cycle (like finishing production, waiting for a ship, getting held up at port, etc.)

Is this normal, or is something awry?
mrguitar is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: At long last...


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: