Sponsored by:

Michelin Pilot 4s tires

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2022, 05:57 PM

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
none
Originally Posted by superswiss
Pretty much the same experience I had. It seems unless the tire is in stock, the dates are wild guesses at the moment. When I ordered them they were supposed to ship within a week, then on the day they were supposed to ship I got an email from tire rack saying they'd be delayed by 2 weeks. That was still ok, because my indy was booked anyway, and the new shipping date was still in time for my appointment. Then the new shipping date came and I got another email from tire rack telling me they are now 2-3 months delayed. They pretty much don't have a clue when these tires arrive. They were nice enough to ask if I still wanted them. I scrambled to order the regular ones on a Friday and they made sure that they shipped on the same day and arrived on Monday just in time for my appointment on Tuesday. Fortunately, I won't need new rear tires for a while, unless I damage one, so hopefully these supply chain issues have cleared up by then. May need to order some in reserve when they come up again.
I cancelled the tire rack order. Dealer said they will have the stock ones in by weds which is probably when my car will be ready to pick up from service A anyways. I have a trip to the mountains in a couple weeks and the cords were showing more than I thought, so I need to get it done ASAP.