Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DME tune+Meth+jb4?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2020 | 02:25 AM

2016 c63
DME tune+Meth+jb4?

Little new to the tuning world, just looking for some advice and direction.

I got the DME stage 2 tune on my c63 and im loving every bit of it. Great guys. Great Communication. Highly Recommended.

However I come from the BMW world and those guys are always stacking jb4 with their back end flashes. Has anyone tried doing that w/ their AMG?

I was looking into running meth for some extra power if possible. Could adding a jb4 to my car do that for me safely? Or would I have to get a remap of my current tune.

Im aware of how meth works, but mechanically speaking is it safe long term or will I blow $hiet
Old 01-09-2020 | 11:38 AM
BMS
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2018 C63 Sedan
The JB4 is a great tuning companion for the factory flash, off the shelf flash, or even a custom tuned flash. We have JB4s on many flashed C63 cars.

Most useful features have been lower boost in 1st and 2nd gear to improve traction, being able to fine tune another 1-2psi up top for more power on the flash maps, adjusting fuel trims for varying E85 mixtures for those who run E85, and of course the progressive WMI control.
Old 01-10-2020 | 03:22 AM

S205 C63s
Car has pipes, intake and stage 2 tune. Is OK quick but not overly, coming from a flat 10 second street car.
Added the JB4 and run E85 in it. With the fuel trim maxed out on the JB4 can run 60% E85. Car is now Quick. Run toyo R888R's and will break traction in 3rd.
Traction will become the issue with these cars. Was thinking of a MT SS Street but many friend say about 20 heat cycles and they start to go off.
Get the JB4 add E85 on Map 5 prior to Meth and see how you go.
Old 07-10-2020 | 01:18 PM

C63
Bump, trying to learn more on how to stack JB4 with a flash tune. @blowoff can you give the forum some pointers? What was the process to get everything dialed in correctly?
Old 07-10-2020 | 01:29 PM

S205 C63s
Burger Motor Sports who make the JB4 have their own forum were you can get the answers your after Mate. Better the info comes from them.
Links
https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55094
https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61434

A Quick Example of the pre loaded maps. on the JB4 for our cars.
Map Guide as of V2 Firmware:
Map 0: Stock operation, JB4 disabled
Map 1: Default performance map, 4psi peak over stock, taper to redline
Map 2: 5psi peak over stock, taper to redline
Map 3: 6psi peak over stock, less taper to redline, suggested for E85 mixture or octane booster
Map 4: 6.5psi peak boost request over stock, less taper to redline, requires unleaded racing fuel or E85 mixture
Map 5: 7psi peak request over stock, less taper to redline, requires unleaded racing fuel or E85 mixture
Map 6: Custom additive boost profile, boost request over stock
Map 7: Progressive WMI (water/meth) mapping based on boost additive setting and WMI flow
Map 8: Low boost VALET / Safety map
Old 07-10-2020 | 02:39 PM

W205 C63s 2015
Originally Posted by ManveerS
Little new to the tuning world, just looking for some advice and direction.

I got the DME stage 2 tune on my c63 and im loving every bit of it. Great guys. Great Communication. Highly Recommended.

However I come from the BMW world and those guys are always stacking jb4 with their back end flashes. Has anyone tried doing that w/ their AMG?

I was looking into running meth for some extra power if possible. Could adding a jb4 to my car do that for me safely? Or would I have to get a remap of my current tune.

Im aware of how meth works, but mechanically speaking is it safe long term or will I blow $hiet
The JB4 is a great logging and tuning tool, taking logs and sharing with guys who have similar tunes is a great way to start learning about what’s going on in your car. The main reason I got it was to allow me to map the flow of my aqaumist water meth system but also check that I was running the right timing or boost.
If you have stock turbos and a stage 2 DME tune your prob running around 15_16 psi ( I’ve got a log from a stage 2 glc with a JB4) so you have a little wiggle room.

if the cars pulling timing on the current tune adding boost won’t help , but you’ll be able to see that On the logs and add better fuel get a clean log then add a little boost check again.

WMI is really the realm of 20+ psi , you can of course run it on your car if you want but unless you have really dog **** fuel I don’t see the point
Old 07-10-2020 | 03:28 PM

C63
Thanks for the feedback. What do you guys consider "pulling timing" to be? Do you have any logs you can share that show this? @BMS

Last edited by HashtagC63; 07-10-2020 at 03:32 PM.
Old 07-10-2020 | 08:56 PM

S205 C63s
Have a look in https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-...-blending.html thread.
Shows logs and the effect of using fuel additives.

Last edited by blowoff; 07-11-2020 at 06:14 AM.
Old 07-11-2020 | 06:01 AM

W205 C63s 2015
Originally Posted by HashtagC63
Thanks for the feedback. What do you guys consider "pulling timing" to be? Do you have any logs you can share that show this? @BMS
This was the log I was telling you about , he must of been runny bad fuel from memory, you should see a gradual increase in timing with rpm if it flat lines or drops back like you can see in this there’s something up

GLC stage 2 log

Below is a stage 3 C63S running good fuel , the hard part about logging these cars is each time traction control kicks in it pulls timing so getting a clean log can be difficult

Stage 3 C63S

Below is a stage 2 C63 give you an idea of timing, this still looks like it could do with some better fuel as it’s a bit flat in the midrange

Stage 2 C63S