Sponsored by:

C63s- THE BUILD

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2020, 02:40 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63s sedan
Anddddd I'm back for more .

Secondary cats taken out today.... mixed with the AWE track is ridiculously loud but amazing ! Now you can really hear that V8 just like its meant to be . I have no plans to go full decat yet .

Wasn't planning to buy these but im such a big believer of cooler temps so I went ahead and purchased turbo blankets for the car...

I need to slow down so I'm leaving it as next job is intske and turbo blankets.... im then going to enjoy the car for a bit as its been mod mod mod !

update soon
The following users liked this post:
Sullicc4 (03-14-2020)
Old 04-24-2020, 02:29 PM

C63s sedan
So been a while on this and having to read through where I left off !!

The secondary cat / cats have now gone and have been replaced with Eurocharged catless downpipes ! .... the car soubds ridiculous but amazing . It won't be to everyone's taste but to me its how they should sound !

Next up I went for a stage 2 map from jerry at Eurocharged- Thank you to the guys there. They are extremely helpful and professional!

Next up was the long awaiting intakes from Zac Motorsports. With their recommendation i have cut a gap on the bonnet seal at the back as this will create a natural vacuum of cold air in and hot air out the back ... pictures below and i am just waiting for the heat shields to arrive.

next up:

DYNO
Heat shields
KW HAS Springs
Spacers (Maybe)
Carbon Kit

Thatll be enough to keep me busy!

One problem car currently has is I keep getting traffic sign assist inoperative and nav not working. Car has been fault checked and antenna replaced (as fault showed) . All wiring and connectors checked and the car is still not picking up a GPS signal!!!! Grrr !!! Not sure what it could be so any ideas much appreciated!

Cheers All

Last edited by Ajkwilson; 04-24-2020 at 02:46 PM.
Old 04-24-2020, 02:48 PM

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts
2018 e63s amg w213............2017 C63s Coupe W205
Originally Posted by Ajkwilson
So been a while on this and having to read through where I left off !!

The secondary cat / cats have now gone and have been replaced with Eurocharged catless downpipes ! .... the car soubds ridiculous but amazing . It won't be to everyone's taste but to me its how they should sound !

Next up I went for a stage 2 map from jerry at Eurocharged- Thank you to the guys there. They are extremely helpful and professional!

Next up was the long awaiting intakes from Zac Motorsports. With their recommendation i have cut a gap on the bonnet seal at the back as this will create a natural vacuum of cold air in and hot air out the back ... pictures below and i am just waiting for the heat shields to arrive.

next up:

DYNO
Heat shields
KW HAS Springs
Spacers (Maybe)
Carbon Kit

Thatll be enough to keep me busy!

One problem car currently has is I keep getting traffic sign assist inoperative and nav not working. Car has been fault checked and antenna replaced (as fault showed) . All wiring and connectors checked and the car is still not picking up a GPS signal!!!! Grrr !!! Not sure what it could be so any ideas much appreciated!

Cheers All
Nicely done, I have a very similar mod list. Waiting on intakes as well. I've been looking for turbo blankets, but the zac motorsports ones you showed appear to be sold out. Did you get yours? If you did and installed them, did you notice a difference in performance? Thanks!
Old 04-24-2020, 02:55 PM

C63s sedan
Originally Posted by sinister.c63s
Nicely done, I have a very similar mod list. Waiting on intakes as well. I've been looking for turbo blankets, but the zac motorsports ones you showed appear to be sold out. Did you get yours? If you did and installed them, did you notice a difference in performance? Thanks!
Thank you . That is one thing I forgot to add is the blankets ! I have got them and yes I did install them ... HOWEVER... zac motorsport did warn me they would smell like burning to start .... when I got home though I opened the bonnet and they were smoking where they are bedding in .... i immediately took them off as I stick by the saying "where there is smoke there is fire" . What I am planning on doing is heating them up manually so they are bedded in and then putting them on ... i personally recommended doing this as it did scare the life out of me seeing the smoke.

I also got sent 2 blankets by mistake so can sell the other one as I won't be using it . Based in UK
Old 04-24-2020, 03:00 PM

Thank you . That is one thing I forgot to add is the blankets ! I have got them and yes I did install them ... HOWEVER... zac motorsport did warn me they would smell like burning to start .... when I got home though I opened the bonnet and they were smoking where they are bedding in .... i immediately took them off as I stick by the saying "where there is smoke there is fire" . What I am planning on doing is heating them up manually so they are bedded in and then putting them on ... i personally recommended doing this as it did scare the life out of me seeing the smoke.

I also got sent 2 blankets by mistake so can sell the other one as I won't be using it . Based in UK
let me know how they work once you finish the manual burn haha. I'm hoping modalworks will release theres, if not I may take you up on that. Did they start smoking on the first drive with them on? Did you also leave the metal shield on top? Assuming you havent put them back on yet...
Old 04-24-2020, 03:03 PM

C63s sedan
let me know how they work once you finish the manual burn haha. I'm hoping modalworks will release theres, if not I may take you up on that. Did they start smoking on the first drive with them on? Did you also leave the metal shield on top? Assuming you havent put them back on yet...
I will do ! Deciding if I used a hot plate or just blowtorch haha. They did start on first drive and was only 10 minutes! I'm happy I checked under the bonnet. I did leave the metal shield on , there is actually 2 and both heat shielding I believe so worth keeping on.

Not back on yet but have a bbq tomorrow and thinking I chuck them on the hot plate before cooking food haha
Old 04-24-2020, 03:06 PM

I will do ! Deciding if I used a hot plate or just blowtorch haha. They did start on first drive and was only 10 minutes! I'm happy I checked under the bonnet. I did leave the metal shield on , there is actually 2 and both heat shielding I believe so worth keeping on.

Not back on yet but have a bbq tomorrow and thinking I chuck them on the hot plate before cooking food haha
thats hilarious! I'll take my turbo blankets medium rare please
Old 04-24-2020, 03:09 PM

C63s sedan
thats hilarious! I'll take my turbo blankets medium rare please
Haha these are going to be well done !!
Old 04-25-2020, 12:08 AM

Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts
C63S
It's perfectly normal for them to smoke and I would expect them too. The exhaust wrap is the same, though I find the newer titanium stuff to be a bit better than the older white one. How did the blanket fit? Must admit, I don't like the idea of one blanket over two turbos, surely there is more space for individual blankets on the smaller C63 turbos.