C63s- THE BUILD

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2020, 03:55 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63s sedan
C63s- THE BUILD

Hello All .

Hope everyone is good . Long term mercedes previous owner to - a45 yellow night edition , gla (standard) , a class (standard) and now.... GLC43 and C63s 2017.

To start I got my c63 last month and within 28 days I have had to back the car to Mercedes as I have had to take it in 3 times.... now as a result I got all my money back and now have a C63s .

I pick the below car up tomorrow a c63s !

So I am used to car builds and I strongly believe in keeping the car looking as standard as possible but I am looking for everyone's advice as I progress through this build on cosmetics so please feel free to post away on what I should do with this project. The aim is to get this car big turbo and 1000bhp

I have already made two purchases ... the first one is due to the car not having the performance exhaust option so i have purchased the AWE track edition cat back to start

https://youtu.be/QH0_clZNRZo

Video above but no justice on real life I'm sure !

The second upgrade is the intake system . I have decided to get the Zac Motorsport intake! Picture and video below

https://youtu.be/cPrXgDjwgVY

Next for me is downpipe and looks for the car .... I'm leaving this down to you guys on guidance !

I hope you've enjoyed the first part and look forward to input from you all

Alex

Last edited by Ajkwilson; 02-20-2020 at 04:00 PM.
The following users liked this post:
ansonkk1 (02-21-2020)
Old 02-20-2020, 04:33 PM

Received 72 Likes on 49 Posts
2019 C63S Coupe, 2020 G550
Wait, you got all your money back AND you have the car?
ansonkk1 (02-21-2020)
Old 02-20-2020, 04:36 PM

C63s sedan
Originally Posted by Encore818
Wait, you got all your money back AND you have the car?
I did indeed. Car was backed. Deposit given back . They cleared it ... deposit reapplied and car is 1 year newer and half the mileage... costs slightly more but no carry on from one I backed interest wise
ansonkk1 (02-21-2020)
Old 02-20-2020, 05:12 PM

Received 72 Likes on 49 Posts
2019 C63S Coupe, 2020 G550
Originally Posted by Ajkwilson
I did indeed. Car was backed. Deposit given back . They cleared it ... deposit reapplied and car is 1 year newer and half the mileage... costs slightly more but no carry on from one I backed interest wise
I thought for a moment you got the car for free lol
Old 02-20-2020, 05:17 PM

C63s sedan
Originally Posted by Encore818
I thought for a moment you got the car for free lol
No no no but certainly wish haha
Old 02-20-2020, 08:00 PM
SPONSOR

Received 95 Likes on 65 Posts
W205 C63
We have downpipes in stock and ready to ship at a great price, both catless and catted. All of our downpipes come with integrated heat shields and 3" inner diameter.

https://modal.works/shop/c63-performance-downpipes

Feel free to reach out directly with any more questions!
Old 02-21-2020, 10:33 AM

C63s sedan
Update time not much to add but the car I picked up today

allgoldmac (02-21-2020)
Old 02-21-2020, 10:40 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
C63S, Gallardo
Looks great!
Old 02-21-2020, 11:53 AM

Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts
c63s
Nice color. Kind of weird original owner or dealer spec would get performance seats but no PE. PE first than Performance seats man wth
Ajkwilson (02-21-2020)
Old 02-21-2020, 12:48 PM

C63s sedan
Originally Posted by mbny1234
Nice color. Kind of weird original owner or dealer spec would get performance seats but no PE. PE first than Performance seats man wth
Couldn't agree more . Not sure why performance exhaust was no added but with AWE track itll make the PE non existent anyway
Old 02-22-2020, 02:14 PM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
c63s sedan
car looks real nice in that colour. never seen that before on road here. my goal is 700hp not 1k lol

so far i've got the renntech exhaust valve module (so flaps open 100% all the time)
renntech ecu tune with burble
downpipes
BOV
just air intake filter upgraded.
(actually installing most of these shortly.. )

i hope i'll get 650-700 then ill think about something else down the line. Car at stock did 575hp and 590 tq. (only secondary cats were gone)

Looking forward to seeing what else you have in line to make this one closer to 1k.
Old 02-22-2020, 03:59 PM

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts
2016 C63 S AMG
I have a 2017 Designo Diamond White C63 S AMG with the night package. It looks pretty good stock, but I want to make it more aggressive, especially the rear end. Will follow this thread closely to get some ideas.
Ajkwilson (02-23-2020)
Old 02-23-2020, 12:58 PM

C63s sedan
Originally Posted by rbohgan
car looks real nice in that colour. never seen that before on road here. my goal is 700hp not 1k lol

so far i've got the renntech exhaust valve module (so flaps open 100% all the time)
downpipes
BOV

i hope i'll get 650-700 then ill think about something else down the line. Car at stock did 575hp and 590 tq. (only secondary cats were gone)

Looking forward to seeing what else you have in line to make this one closer to 1k.
Appreciate the reply. Are you doing the valve module as you have performance exhaust already ?

Which downpipes did you go for this is something I'm researching at the moment?

After my bits are added I'll be getting some cosmetics done being carbon exterior , spacers and springs which I'm currently organising. Next will be downpipes snd then I'll be looking at big turbo and strengthening internals .

I've annoying managed to get a kerb mark half a inch wide on the rim of allow yesterday ... luckily have insurance so that is to be sorted tomorrow
Old 02-23-2020, 12:59 PM

C63s sedan
Originally Posted by b4hoops
I have a 2017 Designo Diamond White C63 S AMG with the night package. It looks pretty good stock, but I want to make it more aggressive, especially the rear end. Will follow this thread closely to get some ideas.
Appreciated . I will put as much detail as I can along the way . I am very fussy about parts I fit and only do based on true reliability so I hope I can help
Old 02-23-2020, 07:49 PM

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
2017 AMG C63
Originally Posted by rbohgan

downpipes
BOV

Don't mean to highjack your thread, but what BOV did you go with? I'm thinking of adding one. I'm strongly considering the modalworks downpipes and a retune from Velos for it.
The following 2 users liked this post by esworld05:
Ajkwilson (02-24-2020), ModalWorks (02-26-2020)
Old 02-24-2020, 02:07 PM

C63s sedan
Originally Posted by esworld05
Don't mean to highjack your thread, but what BOV did you go with? I'm thinking of adding one. I'm strongly considering the modalworks downpipes and a retune from Velos for it.
No need for apology would be good to hear this also ! I'm always open to hear first hand experiences and see honest views on aftermarket parts
Old 02-25-2020, 03:18 PM

C63s sedan
Car went in for a dyno today to see what is was running stock .... VERY happy with the result . 533BHP & 812NM

A nice healthy engine for whats to come. Next will be exhaust and intake and another run so will be good to see the difference !

Old 02-29-2020, 12:44 AM

Received 90 Likes on 82 Posts
2017 AMG C63
Car looks perfect man , nice choice. That blue with the red calipers in those bold wheels are a really nice look.

Look forward to more updates!
Ajkwilson (02-29-2020)
Old 02-29-2020, 01:39 AM

C63s sedan
Another purchase today! Think this will really need the temps down! .

I have the exhaust , intake and exchanger all waiting to arrive and fit ... this is looking around end of march / beginning april atm.

Going to dyno again once parts are fitted to see how it differs.... taking note, the car has had no tuning but am still hoping for some small gains.

Trying to decide what I'm going with next while I wait .... Toying with KW Springs or black out the grill / add pan grill in black with black badges ... or both !?

do I need to lower a car that's already very low ?

Thoughts are welcome !

Old 03-01-2020, 03:47 PM

C63s sedan
Keeping myself busy with ideas and I have a couple calls tomorrow with fabrication companies to get the secondary cats cut out and pipe welded back in ... easy mod and will make the car come alive for when the AWE track arrives

Will dyno the car for each mod fitted as and when they arrive (and fitted) to see how it differs from my first. Be interesting to see if it improves with one change or multiple combined .

Old 03-01-2020, 05:38 PM

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
2017 AMG C63
That's what I was thinking of doing. Getting my secondary cat's deleted but if I'm already going to hack then up, might as well install some downpipes for some gains and a bad *** sound lol. I dont have the PE exhaust so I'll see where that puts me sound wise
Old 03-01-2020, 05:49 PM

Received 54 Likes on 37 Posts
17 C63S coupe
Originally Posted by Ajkwilson
Another purchase today! Think this will really need the temps down! .

I have the exhaust , intake and exchanger all waiting to arrive and fit ... this is looking around end of march / beginning april atm.

Going to dyno again once parts are fitted to see how it differs.... taking note, the car has had no tuning but am still hoping for some small gains.

Trying to decide what I'm going with next while I wait .... Toying with KW Springs or black out the grill / add pan grill in black with black badges ... or both !?

do I need to lower a car that's already very low ?

Thoughts are welcome !
Love the color combo, very nice! What made you go CSF? Like the fact it has a lower guard for those running the facelift lower grills and the price. Am on the brink of ordering the wagner tuning kit because it comes with the side core as well but is pricey. Look forward to seeing what the CSF does for temps..

Personally, I think you should lower it a bit and throw some spacers on. A black pan grill with chrome star would look really good IMO . I don't think blacking out the emblems would work well for your color combo, the chrome emblems match your wheels better.

Last edited by deftronix; 03-01-2020 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Added suggestions.
Old 03-02-2020, 01:44 PM

C63s sedan
Originally Posted by esworld05
That's what I was thinking of doing. Getting my secondary cat's deleted but if I'm already going to hack then up, might as well install some downpipes for some gains and a bad *** sound lol. I dont have the PE exhaust so I'll see where that puts me sound wise
Spoke to a company near me today who has done plenty of secondary cat delete - £300 all in to cut out and replace pipe . Personally I think it's well worth it . 3 hour job and still keeps the car mot worthy over here without any fault codes . Worse case scenario they can be welded back in ! Lol . The secondary delete with the awe track and its enough sound for me
Old 03-02-2020, 01:49 PM

C63s sedan
Originally Posted by deftronix
Love the color combo, very nice! What made you go CSF? Like the fact it has a lower guard for those running the facelift lower grills and the price. Am on the brink of ordering the wagner tuning kit because it comes with the side core as well but is pricey. Look forward to seeing what the CSF does for temps..

Personally, I think you should lower it a bit and throw some spacers on. A black pan grill with chrome star would look really good IMO . I don't think blacking out the emblems would work well for your color combo, the chrome emblems match your wheels better.
Thank you . I have seen some positive reviews on it and following another build who recommended it . I am a big fan of getting the engine running cool as possible as this seemed like a must have in prep for going more power . I will of course post up temps as and when installed and dyno. It should arrive later this week so will try to get fitted asap and then dyno to show you all .

so in order I've decided to do next....

Secondary cat delete , KW springs , spacers, pan grill and chrome star

Should keep me busy for a while and I'll be back for more ideas !
Old 03-12-2020, 03:40 PM

C63s sedan
Small update for you all . The AWE track exhaust was fitted along with the CFS heat exchanger yesterday. Some pictures below

THE EXHAUST SOUNDS AMAZING ! its a complete step up from a non pf ! I haven't ran the car to see figures on the csf but it was a really well crafted piece of equipment and ill return with logs once the intake is fitted .

Car is booked in this Saturday for secondary cat detele ... that's me done for the exhaust for now....

next up will be...

Secondary cat delete
Intake install
dyno and logs
springs
Cosmetics

Over and out

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C63s- THE BUILD