C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New C63 S AMG Owner (Coming from a C43 - a fake AMG?)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2020, 02:32 PM

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts
2020 C63S Coupe , 2014 BMW M5
i don't understand why certain individuals feel "bad" for c43 owners....does owning a c43 over a c63S say anything about your income or the type of house you live in? i don't get it...everyone has their choice based on what they like or what they can afford. who cares?

Last edited by Stevestil; 03-03-2020 at 02:39 PM.
The following users liked this post:
zibby43 (03-07-2020)
Old 03-06-2020, 10:20 PM

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts
2016 C63 S AMG
Originally Posted by Go Dawgs
@b4hoops where are the pictures of your new ride????
Been busy with work! I need to take some pics and post them here. Putting it on my to-do list!!
Old 03-06-2020, 11:25 PM
Xec

Received 117 Likes on 89 Posts
IG: @amg.svr
Originally Posted by Encore818
It's simple, c43s and c450s are not real AMGs.

Mercedes is absolutely capable of making great cars without AMG. The cars listed above are, in fact, incredible cars and a great value for the money. Anyone buying them is getting a great car from Mercedes without paying the AMG tax. Anyone attempting to argue that the cars are **** is just childish.

Remember, our cars are the lowest "real" AMGs. No need to put someone down for their choice of purchase. The whole buying new vs used argument is stupid. I personally like having a brand new car, so I got the c63s. If I were buying used I would be in an e63s right now.

There also has to be a way to agree on what makes a "real" AMG. It can't be 'how it drives' as thats subjective. It can't be whether or not it has the badge, as anyone can throw a badge on anything.

I think the most logical way to determine whether or not a car is an AMG is based on who built the engine. If it was AMG, then its an AMG. It's a car after all, the engine is a pretty important part of it.
I would also argue the most logical way to determine whether a car is an AMG is the "spirit" of the car. AMG/M/RS has always been about the highest level of performance in each respective class. And usually it does not just come with the highest levels of performance, but ALSO the highest levels of luxury and technology that are not even optionable on the lower-end models of each class. This is what made these cars special and why the AMG/M/RS badge used to carry so much weight.

But not anymore. Nowadays for marketing, the manufacturers have diluted these brands with cars that are not the highest levels of performance. That is why you get so many 63 and full-M owners saying "not a real ____." These diluted cars are not the best each class has to offer and don't live up to the spirit in which these performance divisions were founded.

Saying "I drive an AMG/M/RS" used to mean something serious. You shelled out to drive the best possible C/E/S/etc. that Mercedes had to offer. Now you have a bunch of 43 owners saying "Yeah I drive an AMG!!" Did they really expect the 63 guys to welcome them with open arms?

Also, don't even try with the whole "oh so you only buy cars for the badge?" against this. Nobody buys cars while disregarding brand cachet.
Cylinder Head (03-07-2020)
Old 03-07-2020, 12:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 561 Likes on 371 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Originally Posted by Xec
I would also argue the most logical way to determine whether a car is an AMG is the "spirit" of the car. AMG/M/RS has always been about the highest level of performance in each respective class. And usually it does not just come with the highest levels of performance, but ALSO the highest levels of luxury and technology that are not even optionable on the lower-end models of each class. This is what made these cars special and why the AMG/M/RS badge used to carry so much weight.

But not anymore. Nowadays for marketing, the manufacturers have diluted these brands with cars that are not the highest levels of performance. That is why you get so many 63 and full-M owners saying "not a real ____." These diluted cars are not the best each class has to offer and don't live up to the spirit in which these performance divisions were founded.

Saying "I drive an AMG/M/RS" used to mean something serious. You shelled out to drive the best possible C/E/S/etc. that Mercedes had to offer. Now you have a bunch of 43 owners saying "Yeah I drive an AMG!!" Did they really expect the 63 guys to welcome them with open arms?

Also, don't even try with the whole "oh so you only buy cars for the badge?" against this. Nobody buys cars while disregarding brand cachet.
Outstanding, totally right. The 43 guys are having a heart attack over this thread and I love it.
Old 03-07-2020, 08:57 AM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
2020 C43 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
Outstanding, totally right. The 43 guys are having a heart attack over this thread and I love it.
I'm "43 guy" and believe me, the only thing I'm getting here is a smile, from time to time. I could afford 63, but 43 gives me all I was looking for and I'm very happy with it, no matter what other people think about this car (not real AMG/I had to be a jerk, because I drive "expensive German car" like seen in some other thread about stupid article/etc). Personally I think it wasn't very wise decision of MB to put the same badge on 43 and 63. Audi with S/RS makes it better, as I imagine some people would buy 63 instead of 43 if there was no AMG badge on it - but I'm not that person.
The following 2 users liked this post by Baldur!:
Cylinder Head (03-07-2020), zibby43 (03-07-2020)
Old 03-07-2020, 03:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 97 Likes on 82 Posts
'20 GLC300 SUV
Originally Posted by Baldur!
I'm "43 guy" and believe me, the only thing I'm getting here is a smile, from time to time. I could afford 63, but 43 gives me all I was looking for and I'm very happy with it, no matter what other people think about this car (not real AMG/I had to be a jerk, because I drive "expensive German car" like seen in some other thread about stupid article/etc). Personally I think it wasn't very wise decision of MB to put the same badge on 43 and 63. Audi with S/RS makes it better, as I imagine some people would buy 63 instead of 43 if there was no AMG badge on it - but I'm not that person.
Agreed. I actively chose the 43. I consolidated to 2 total cars after getting engaged (1 for each of us), getting a new home, etc., so the 43 was the perfect choice for what I need at the moment.

As I mentioned above, prior to that, I had a 63 for 5 years and loved it. In terms of outright raw performance (braking, handling, power, etc.), 63 wins hands down.

In terms of everyday usability? It's a toss-up/personal preference at that point. With where I live, I really love the AWD during this time of year when it's alternating between rain and snow every day. No getting caught between summer/winter tires. Can use the power every day on virtually every road.

Before I got my LCI 63, I was a BMW guy. There was a flock of BMW M guys that laughed at the pre-LCI - called it a re-badged Mercedes taxi with a hot rod motor (was constantly getting spanked in comparison tests and on the track by the E90 M3). This game has been happening since the beginning of time lol. It's not until the LCI W204 C63 that AMG started really focusing handling, kinematics, etc.
Baldur! (03-08-2020)
Old 03-07-2020, 03:40 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
C43
Dear Headjob. Could not be further from the truth.

Have always owned Porsche and BMW until December of last year when I purchased a 2019 C43. Always thought most car douches were Porsche owners.

Prior to reading this thread, I was considering debadging the car as a matter of course. However, after being entertained by such fragile egos such as yours, I will leave the car as-is.

Just curious, are you over 70? You seem like an angry old man.

Last edited by ///zhp04; 03-07-2020 at 03:52 PM.
Old 03-07-2020, 04:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 149 Likes on 123 Posts
C63s Cabriolet, BMW M4, Civic
C43 owner say what you want to say but reality is, if you buy an AMG or M cars, you are a car guy. Let be honest, car guy, we all want the real thing or the top of the line model if we can afforded it. I want a lot of other cars like S65, Ferrari, Lamborghini... etc but reality is, I cannot afforded it. That’s just reality. 😢

Last edited by Klinh; 03-07-2020 at 04:23 PM.
Old 03-07-2020, 11:11 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
C43
Smile

Originally Posted by Klinh
C43 owner say what you want to say but reality is, if you buy an AMG or M cars, you are a car guy. Let be honest, car guy, we all want the real thing or the top of the line model if we can afforded it. I want a lot of other cars like S65, Ferrari, Lamborghini... etc but reality is, I cannot afforded it. That’s just reality. 😢
I think I get your point. My reality is that I am lucky enough to be in a position to own some of the cars you dream of, should I so desire.

My argument would be that a car guy is not defined by the price or the model of the car he owns. In a more realistic definition of a car guy, he is the one who does a ground-up restoration on his 1967 Austin Healey or tracks his Mazda Miata. Never been to a car guy gathering where owners are bashing other owners and their cars!

Anyone can buy a high-end techmobile and then brag about it. This thread appears to be an outlet for many real AMG owners whose motives are just that.

Apparently many egos are threatened by the existence of the C43? That I don't get.

zibby43 (03-07-2020)
Old 03-08-2020, 06:10 AM

Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts
C63S
I thought car guys would like all cars.

Despite having a FL C63s me and the wife drive, we both have an older car that we use. Mine is a 2003, and I actually quite like it!

It's not all about having the latest and greatest.
Old 03-08-2020, 01:30 PM

Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts
C63s Coupe
Generally speaking, I think it’s silly to let your enjoyment of things be predicated by what other people do or not do. Buy a car you like for you, not for other people.
b4hoops (03-08-2020)
Old 03-08-2020, 06:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ///zhp04
Dear Headjob. Could not be further from the truth.

Have always owned Porsche and BMW until December of last year when I purchased a 2019 C43. Always thought most car douches were Porsche owners.

Prior to reading this thread, I was considering debadging the car as a matter of course. However, after being entertained by such fragile egos such as yours, I will leave the car as-is.

Just curious, are you over 70? You seem like an angry old man.
look mo11 if you’re going to sign into another account and pretend to agree with yourself maybe try to type like someone else.
Xec (03-08-2020)
Old 03-08-2020, 06:48 PM

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts
2020 C63S Coupe, 2021 Bmw X5M Competition
I think there are few different arguments here. You’ve got people claiming they drive an AMG when they buy AMG appearance package on a base car.

There’s the C43 model which is labeled as AMG by Mercedes but it’s really not a true AMG. I think lot of car guys knows this, they buy them because it fits their needs better. There are people that buy the C43 (or any other sub AMG model) just because of the AMG label.

Then there’s the true AMG. Lots of people buy it because it’s the AMG car, could be the V8, or the total sum of changes. You still have people buying the true AMG just because it’s the most expensive model within the series but they have no clue what they just bought. These people won’t even go full WOT because they think they’ll hurt the car, wtf? Yes I’ve met those people.

Old 03-08-2020, 08:07 PM

Received 183 Likes on 143 Posts
2017 C43
look mo11 if you’re going to sign into another account and pretend to agree with yourself maybe try to type like someone else.
Hahaha! Listen cracked cylinder head, if I wanted to say something to you which I already did, I wouldn’t have to pretend to be somebody other than myself. Just because you do it, doesn’t mean everyone else does. You really are one of the dumbest I have encountered.
Old 03-08-2020, 08:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by mo11
Hahaha! Listen cracked cylinder head, if I wanted to say something to you which I already did, I wouldn’t have to pretend to be somebody other than myself. Just because you do it, doesn’t mean everyone else does. You really are one of the dumbest I have encountered.
You obviously do, considering you’re short on allies. You even talk the same on your alt. And please, you also pretend your C450 isn’t a goddamn lease.
Old 03-08-2020, 08:44 PM
Administrator

Received 515 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Looks like everyone got their insults in.