Sponsored by:

Ambient Light Upgrade?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2020, 12:27 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2016 C63s AMG
Originally Posted by tobeit
Looks great. How hard was it to do the door lights? Did you have to take the entire door panels off and wire back to center console?
the doors were way easier than the vents and center console. Only one door (the front passenger) wires back to the center console but they have very detailed video instructions on how to do that (you will have to pin the plug from the door to the car but it’s super easy and they show you how). You will have to take the door panels off but they are literally held on by two bolts each and just fully clipped on. Like it took us 2 mins to take doors off, 5 mins to replace the lights in the door, and 5 to put back on. That doesn’t include the door used for the wire to the center console
Old 07-07-2020, 12:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 420 Likes on 303 Posts
AMG C63s
Originally Posted by ahelal
the doors were way easier than the vents and center console. Only one door (the front passenger) wires back to the center console but they have very detailed video instructions on how to do that (you will have to pin the plug from the door to the car but it’s super easy and they show you how). You will have to take the door panels off but they are literally held on by two bolts each and just fully clipped on. Like it took us 2 mins to take doors off, 5 mins to replace the lights in the door, and 5 to put back on. That doesn’t include the door used for the wire to the center console
thanks a bunch!
Old 07-07-2020, 04:01 AM

Received 123 Likes on 104 Posts
W205 C63 AMG Coupe
Does this kit replace a box emitting the light to the tubes (not sure what else to call them) already installed in the car (on the doors and center console) or does it replace those light tubes as well?

The install looks like it came out great.
Old 07-07-2020, 06:42 AM

2016 C63s AMG
Originally Posted by SJGetsome
Does this kit replace a box emitting the light to the tubes (not sure what else to call them) already installed in the car (on the doors and center console) or does it replace those light tubes as well?

The install looks like it came out great.
tubes stay as is, it just replaces the lights at the end of the tubes. They just come off when you pull the black plugs and you snap the kit ones in.
The following users liked this post:
SJGetsome (07-07-2020)
Old 07-07-2020, 08:44 AM

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
2019 AMG C63
Appreciate the full write-up ahelal. I'm still waiting for my kit (console/doors only) to ship.

Quick quesiton: when you say remove the door panel, are you referring to the entire interior door panel or just the metallic trim that goes around the seat adjuster/speaker?
Old 07-07-2020, 09:22 AM

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
ED1 e63S
tubes stay as is, it just replaces the lights at the end of the tubes. They just come off when you pull the black plugs and you snap the kit ones in.
For us 3 color guys, how does the upgrade to 64 color work?
Old 07-07-2020, 02:51 PM

Received 148 Likes on 112 Posts
2017 C63S Coupe
oh man this looks great but definitely not something I could do myself and I can see a shop taking $500 just for the install
Old 07-07-2020, 02:53 PM

Received 148 Likes on 112 Posts
2017 C63S Coupe
All right great news. Kit came in today and I just finished installing it. I ordered the 64 light kit and the front vents only as my upgrade. The new lights from DMP are much brighter than the stock ones and those vents lights are sexy. DMP does send you install videos that are very helpful but they leave the wire tucking to you and it’s not shown. One thing to be mindful of is that the install videos are for a right hand drive car. So when they are showing you the steps from the left side of the car you do them on the right. For the vent lights I found it easiest to remove my glove box (found a video on YouTube on how to do that) and was able to tuck the wires cleanly behind towards the center console. For the drivers side vent, I got the wire under the steering rack and using a fishing wire to hook it up towards the vent. All in all it took my and a friend around 5/6 hours but we took our sweet time and wanted to make sure everything was tucked cleanly. As I had the original 3 colour lights from mb, I didn’t have to do an obd flash. One thing I didn’t do was install the floor lights but I was lazy and tired by the end and you can barely see down there anyways. The car does look sweet now though on the inside. Photos attached below. One major thing I have to mention is DMP is super helpful and responsive, I messaged them on WhatsApp questions and would get an answer back very fast, they even offered a video call if I got stuck at all. Highly recommend dealing with them, they said package will take 10 days to get here, took 4 days using dhl to Canada (if we forget about the weekend lol).
Hey how long did the entire installation process take?
Old 07-07-2020, 04:19 PM

2016 C63s AMG
Originally Posted by 4dr.no
Appreciate the full write-up ahelal. I'm still waiting for my kit (console/doors only) to ship.

Quick quesiton: when you say remove the door panel, are you referring to the entire interior door panel or just the metallic trim that goes around the seat adjuster/speaker?
removing the entire door panel, again its only held by 2 bolts, and clips, ask DMP to send you the install videos now to get familiar with the install. its time consuming but i would say easy
Old 07-07-2020, 04:20 PM

2016 C63s AMG
Originally Posted by OrientBlue3
For us 3 color guys, how does the upgrade to 64 color work?
nothing changes, you literally plug the kit in, and off you go, the cars computer still shows 3 colour options but as you rotate the wheel it goes through all 64 colour options
OrientBlue3 (07-07-2020)
Old 07-07-2020, 04:22 PM

2016 C63s AMG
Originally Posted by untamedd
oh man this looks great but definitely not something I could do myself and I can see a shop taking $500 just for the install
i mean i am not the most mechanically inept when it comes to electronics but its very straightforward, just tale your time so that you dont break any clips, as for time, it took me and my friend around 6 hours but we took our sweet time, were having a couple of brews during the install. i would say a shop would take at least $500 for it. again though the instructions are straightforward
Old 07-07-2020, 06:48 PM

Received 89 Likes on 63 Posts
2015 C63S ,DME Tune, KW Has ,Kmac Bushings,BC Forged wheels,Gt Rotors,Porterfield R4S,Modal Intake
My only worry with a kit from China is how long will the lights last ? Chinese quality hasn't been the greatest for products like this in the past so to do the install and have one or two burn out in a year would really suck
Old 07-07-2020, 08:16 PM

2016 C63s AMG
Originally Posted by C3504matic
My only worry with a kit from China is how long will the lights last ? Chinese quality hasn't been the greatest for products like this in the past so to do the install and have one or two burn out in a year would really suck
i mean where do you think the lights in our stock cars are made? also this company is malaysian not chinese
OrientBlue3 (07-07-2020)
Old 07-12-2020, 08:09 PM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
C63S Edition 1

Currently 10 hours + doing the screen, front turbo vents, rear turbo vents and ambient lighting The lighting and vents take the longest. Screen takes about 4 hours.
OrientBlue3 (07-12-2020)
Old 07-12-2020, 09:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
Originally Posted by notbadgoodsize

Currently 10 hours + doing the screen, front turbo vents, rear turbo vents and ambient lighting The lighting and vents take the longest. Screen takes about 4 hours.
What did you do to the screen?
OrientBlue3 (07-13-2020)
Old 07-13-2020, 09:34 AM

2017 AMG GT
Tobeit, Thank you for the update. I'm doing the exact same modifications. I'll be doing the complete install myself. I'm not a professional so it is going to take me a lot longer than you. Do you have any specific advice? Anything that was more difficult? The screen install looks straight forward based on all the videos, but there are a lot of gaps in the ambient vent videos.
Old 07-13-2020, 09:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
Originally Posted by Swagg3r
Tobeit, Thank you for the update. I'm doing the exact same modifications. I'll be doing the complete install myself. I'm not a professional so it is going to take me a lot longer than you. Do you have any specific advice? Anything that was more difficult? The screen install looks straight forward based on all the videos, but there are a lot of gaps in the ambient vent videos.
Swagg3r...you probably replied to the wrong post...I have not started the install yet (I wish I had though).
Old 07-13-2020, 10:10 AM

2017 AMG GT
Notbadgoodsize, Thank you for the update. I'm doing the exact same modifications. I'll be doing the complete install myself. I'm not a professional so it is going to take me a lot longer than you. Do you have any specific advice? Anything that was more difficult? The screen install looks straight forward based on all the videos, but there are a lot of gaps in the ambient vent videos.
Old 07-13-2020, 06:40 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
C450 AMG
I assume this will work for any w205 c class? Not just the c63?
Old 07-13-2020, 07:27 PM

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
ED1 e63S
Originally Posted by Matthew Cohen
I assume this will work for any w205 c class? Not just the c63?
That was my assumption as well.
Old 07-14-2020, 11:53 AM

C63S Edition 1

All done.
The following 2 users liked this post by notbadgoodsize:
FLC63s (07-16-2020), Wexlax732 (09-19-2020)
Old 07-14-2020, 12:38 PM

Received 145 Likes on 118 Posts
C63s

All done.
What you did for feet area? Thanks
Old 07-14-2020, 01:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s

All done.
Looks great - what screen/aftermarket Android or Carplay did you pick?
Old 07-16-2020, 12:27 AM

C63S Edition 1
Originally Posted by japamg
What you did for feet area? Thanks
The ambient lighting kit includes the footwell LED too.

Originally Posted by tobeit
Looks great - what screen/aftermarket Android or Carplay did you pick?
The one from DMP Car Design.
Old 07-16-2020, 02:31 AM

Received 145 Likes on 118 Posts
C63s
[QUOTE=notbadgoodsize;8107799]The ambient lighting kit includes the footwell LED too./QUOTE]

Yes but how do you project the light? Through the original lamp?

Thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ambient Light Upgrade?