Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ambient Light Upgrade?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2021, 10:14 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
2021 GLC 63 AMG
Hey guys, purchased the 5x vents from DMP, but am having an issue hooking them up...they went in fine. I have the wiring all routed, but I have no idea where to plug in power with the supplied plugs... Even with power plugged in, where do these get the vehicle lighting color from aside from being plugged into power? I have seen some people got the power plug with a fuse? I don't have that at all.
Old 01-26-2021, 08:39 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2016 C63s AMG
Originally Posted by 2163amg
Hey guys, purchased the 5x vents from DMP, but am having an issue hooking them up...they went in fine. I have the wiring all routed, but I have no idea where to plug in power with the supplied plugs... Even with power plugged in, where do these get the vehicle lighting color from aside from being plugged into power? I have seen some people got the power plug with a fuse? I don't have that at all.

so that gets plugged into your door (you have to remove the door trim and the plugs for those will be there) and if it’s like the kit with the door lights too, you then have to disconnect the plug between the door and car and repin that with the extra wires you get in the kit too. The power for the vents gets supplied from the doors. If this doesn’t make sense, send a WhatsApp message to DMP they were very helpful when I went through the install
Old 01-26-2021, 08:56 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
2021 GLC 63 AMG
Originally Posted by ahelal
so that gets plugged into your door (you have to remove the door trim and the plugs for those will be there) and if it’s like the kit with the door lights too, you then have to disconnect the plug between the door and car and repin that with the extra wires you get in the kit too. The power for the vents gets supplied from the doors. If this doesn’t make sense, send a WhatsApp message to DMP they were very helpful when I went through the install
Got it! Sounds good. I will check the door and let you know how it goes.
Old 01-27-2021, 02:00 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2016 C63s AMG
Originally Posted by 2163amg
Got it! Sounds good. I will check the door and let you know how it goes.

I would 100% give em a call or text on WhatsApp because the repin is complicated af. They’ll send you the install vids for that part. Watch it a couple of times before you do the actual job then tackle it. Also best to attach the module to the front passenger door as it’s easy to remove the glove box to snake the wires to the center console. Check with them first though that module may just need to be plugged in under the center console but from what I remember the plugs on it look like the ones from the door. Also center console is super easy to remove (1. Open the center console storage 2. Use a trike removal tool to pull up the chrome plastic thing with the button for the console in it 3. Under that you’ll find 2 Torx bolts, remove those 4. Pull the back of the center console up slightly and pull it back towards the back seat. 5. Unplug all the wires to the console to fully remove it 6. You are done)
Old 01-31-2021, 06:44 PM

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
2012 C63 Coupe P31 OE Tuned/ROW Airbox/K&N filters/Quaife LSD/MBH LTH, Race Cats, Midpipes, Xpipes
The newer kits do not require the re-pinning. It comes with a OBD2 inline wire harness with a new replacement OBD2 plug. Uninstall the original, plug it into the wiring harness, re-install the new obd2 plug and daisy chain all the interior wires from there. Each door still has an in door module but there is a special one for the driver side door. No re-pinning required with the newer kits. Very easy install. I installed the interior light trim, footwell and front/rear vents. Considering the front tweeters now also because it came out so nice. Still uses the OEM controls to change colors. I noticed there is one setting that automatically changes through all of the colors over time. Been using that setting lately.

Last edited by AMGMD; 01-31-2021 at 06:51 PM.
The following users liked this post:
ahelal (02-23-2021)
Old 02-09-2021, 01:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
c250 coupe
Originally Posted by AMGMD
The newer kits do not require the re-pinning. It comes with a OBD2 inline wire harness with a new replacement OBD2 plug. Uninstall the original, plug it into the wiring harness, re-install the new obd2 plug and daisy chain all the interior wires from there. Each door still has an in door module but there is a special one for the driver side door. No re-pinning required with the newer kits. Very easy install. I installed the interior light trim, footwell and front/rear vents. Considering the front tweeters now also because it came out so nice. Still uses the OEM controls to change colors. I noticed there is one setting that automatically changes through all of the colors over time. Been using that setting lately.
hey,

ive installed my driver side passenger trim no problem. I just cant seem to fit the driver door panel back on because the tweeter module and trim module take up too much space. Can you tell me how you placed your driver module?
Old 02-09-2021, 08:50 PM

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
2012 C63 Coupe P31 OE Tuned/ROW Airbox/K&N filters/Quaife LSD/MBH LTH, Race Cats, Midpipes, Xpipes
Originally Posted by EnzoInTheBenzo
hey,

ive installed my driver side passenger trim no problem. I just cant seem to fit the driver door panel back on because the tweeter module and trim module take up too much space. Can you tell me how you placed your driver module?
I just installed the rotary tweeters today. They look so good! I didn’t do anything special, just tucked the wires as neat as possible. The box I zip tied lower in the door itself. Popped the door trim back on and all was good. Did you get it sorted?
Old 02-10-2021, 01:46 PM

c250 coupe
I just installed the rotary tweeters today. They look so good! I didn’t do anything special, just tucked the wires as neat as possible. The box I zip tied lower in the door itself. Popped the door trim back on and all was good. Did you get it sorted?
yup all figured out the tweeters are so mesmerizing upon start-up, makes me feel like iron man lol , did you connect your OBD connection to the seat or the port in the footwell itself? if in the footwell did you leave the other end hanging? I can't seem to be able to remove the cars OBD port from the fastener with the cover.
Old 10-14-2021, 08:34 PM

W205
Originally Posted by notbadgoodsize

Currently 10 hours + doing the screen, front turbo vents, rear turbo vents and ambient lighting The lighting and vents take the longest. Screen takes about 4 hours.
may i ask how you connected the rear vents electricity wise?
Old 10-14-2021, 08:57 PM

W205
where did you connect the rears to? And how do you change colors automatically
Old 11-12-2021, 10:37 PM

C63s
Originally Posted by DaRuzzian
Only have 3 color options and pretty dim compared to the newer 64 color options

Has anyone done an upgrade like DMP car design is offering?
i did it to mine! Looks great! Buy them straight from the supplier on alibaba so much cheaper and exact same thing
Old 12-08-2021, 12:41 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2019 C63S Cabriolet
I so want to do this, but Cant find anybody who has done it around the NYC NJ area. can anybody assist?