Sponsored by:

2020 Black C63S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2020, 02:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63S
Smile 2020 Black C63S

Hi Guys, this is my first post on this site, I’m very excited having just ordered a new C63S. I got to test drive one recently and it easily lived up to expectations, its going to be a long few months waiting for mine to come in now

I went for obsidian black with the night pack, aero pack, head up display and the carbon fibre / aluminium trim.

This seems like a friendly active community and I welcome any advice you can give on care and maintenance and security etc (i’m in the UK) would be great, also suggestions for mods to do and pictures of your cars are welcomed

happy driving
The following users liked this post:
Sullicc4 (08-30-2020)
Old 08-06-2020, 02:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 399 Likes on 307 Posts
AMG C63s Sedan , AMG C43 , AMG G63 , GLK 250
Originally Posted by Thomasd
Hi Guys, this is my first post on this site, I’m very excited having just ordered a new C63S. I got to test drive one recently and it easily lived up to expectations, its going to be a long few months waiting for mine to come in now

I went for obsidian black with the night pack, aero pack, head up display and the carbon fibre / aluminium trim.

This seems like a friendly active community and I welcome any advice you can give on care and maintenance and security etc (i’m in the UK) would be great, also suggestions for mods to do and pictures of your cars are welcomed

happy driving
Welcome and congrats on the ride...
you get Sedan or Coupe ?

Old 08-06-2020, 03:34 PM

C63S
Originally Posted by FLC63s
Welcome and congrats on the ride...
you get Sedan or Coupe ?

Thanks! I got the coupe
Old 08-06-2020, 03:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,864 Likes on 2,584 Posts
2019 C63CS
Congrats on the car. Since you ordered the aero pack, it can only be a coupe to answer the above question. I love Obsidian. Really nice color and sparkles under the sun. I call mine Darth Vader ;-). I've got the black wheels and the yellow/black interior. Awesome combo in person. Mine is fully loaded with everything, except HUD (not a fan) and CCBs (overkill), so I also have the exterior carbon pieces which is a nice touch. Kinda hard to see unless you are close up to the car, though.

In terms of maintenance, I don't do anything special, but I live in sunny California. On average we have 300 dry days every year. During the winter when it rains, I live with the car being not as pristine and then give it a good wash in the spring. I pretty much hand wash maybe every 2 months or so, sometimes even less and in between I keep it looking good by going through my local touchless car wash. It's mostly about getting the dust of the car and the wheels, but mine is also parked indoors in my garage most of the time. The biggest issue around here are rock chips, so I have full front XPEL, as well as mirror housing, door edges, door cups and rear bumper to protect the generally areas that can see impact.

Here are a couple of pics of the almost twin of yours from the day of delivery in Germany, and while I was traveling around Europe for 2 months with it.

Last edited by superswiss; 08-06-2020 at 03:48 PM.
The following 8 users liked this post by superswiss:
AMG RB (08-06-2020), hyperion667 (09-06-2020), Jimmy_c63s (08-29-2020), JustinS (08-08-2020), Mode Carbon (08-26-2020), OrientBlue3 (08-06-2020), places (09-04-2020), Sullicc4 (08-08-2020) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 08-06-2020, 03:53 PM

C63S
Thanks Dude, that is one beautiful car, in the UK you dont get the yellow trim as an option which is a shame as it looks lovely, i ordered black nappa but I think it comes with white trim on the seats where your’s are yellow and the door inserts behind the alu section are in white suede / alcantara too I think

I was debating getting the CF packs as they do look wicked but it worked out another £4500+ GBP and I just couldn't justify it in the end

I’ve gone for the black cross spoke wheels in matt black

I am planning to squeeze mine into my garage but it will be a real tight fit as its only a small single garage but I have some trees out the front which give off a horrible sap so if nothing else I’ll need to get a cover.

I’ve also been reading up on getting a ceramic paint protection applied. The dealership have send me some quotes but I hear its better ot go to a dedicated detailer to get it done properly. Thoughts?
Old 08-06-2020, 04:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Thanks Dude, that is one beautiful car, in the UK you dont get the yellow trim as an option which is a shame as it looks lovely, i ordered black nappa but I think it comes with white trim on the seats where your’s are yellow and the door inserts behind the alu section are in white suede / alcantara too I think

I was debating getting the CF packs as they do look wicked but it worked out another £4500+ GBP and I just couldn't justify it in the end

I’ve gone for the black cross spoke wheels in matt black

I am planning to squeeze mine into my garage but it will be a real tight fit as its only a small single garage but I have some trees out the front which give off a horrible sap so if nothing else I’ll need to get a cover.

I’ve also been reading up on getting a ceramic paint protection applied. The dealership have send me some quotes but I hear its better ot go to a dedicated detailer to get it done properly. Thoughts?

Thanks. Yeah, the CF packs are expensive. I think it was like $5k total here, too. Certainly not worth the money, but hey, you only live once. I could certainly do w/o them. For PPF and ceramic coating I definitely recommend you find a good shop yourself. Dealerships just farm this stuff out to a sub and take a cut. I've never done ceramic coating. Considered it this time around, but in the end I still wasn't convinced it would add anything in my case. If I lived in a wetter climate I'd probably do it for its hydrophobic properties, but you really should do a paint correction beforehand, otherwise you just seal in any scratches and paint imperfections. A good shop should offer that as part of the installation. PPF is somewhat less of an issue, because you can always remove the film if necessary, make corrections or repair and reapply it. Ceramic coating I believe does eventually wear off, so you'll have to apply it again. Not sure how long a coating typically lasts, but I also understand it depends on how many layers they put on.
Old 08-08-2020, 03:37 AM

C63S
Yes that what i’d heard on the dealerships just applying a product in a way you could do yourself or farming it out, they said they would need 48 hours to apply it whereas i’ve read it can take 3-5 days to do it properly so maybe thats for additional coats.

So even a brand new car would need a paint correction ? I’ll have to have a ring around to see if its included

i’ve heard it lasts 3-5 years if done properly
Cheers
Old 08-09-2020, 06:25 AM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2019 C63s
Congratulations on the purchase I bet you can't wait now.

Where abouts in the UK are you (roughly)? I might be able to recommend some companies that can help with the ceramic coating (although I would recommend PPF too) and what sort of security are you looking for?
Old 08-10-2020, 03:18 AM

C63S
Thanks, no I can’t

i’m in the south east... how much is ppf roughly I thought it was quite expensive, and can you notice it ?

I’m thinking about a ghost immob. Anyone got experience of these?

Cheers
Old 08-28-2020, 09:45 PM

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts
2021 C63s Sedan
2020/2021 Orders

Please help! I back in April I placed an order for a 2020 c63s sedan fully loaded and I was able to work a DEI discount 12.25% off MRSP. Dealership then after 3 months told me that they kicked back the order and are no longer doing 2020 models so I have to get a 2021 which they are keeping the same as 2020s. Has anyone heard of this being true? They said that 2021 models will be made in September and delivered around November. Does anyone else have a 2020 or 2021 on order currently?
Old 08-30-2020, 03:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 C63s
Originally Posted by Milap Patel
Please help! I back in April I placed an order for a 2020 c63s sedan fully loaded and I was able to work a DEI discount 12.25% off MRSP. Dealership then after 3 months told me that they kicked back the order and are no longer doing 2020 models so I have to get a 2021 which they are keeping the same as 2020s. Has anyone heard of this being true? They said that 2021 models will be made in September and delivered around November. Does anyone else have a 2020 or 2021 on order currently?
I have a 2021 C63s sedan ordered as well. Haven't heard anything from the dealer about any updates. Im hearing September 2nd they are announcing everything? Im thinking that's when the MY2021 build sheet will come out and production will start.
Milap Patel (09-03-2020)
Old 09-03-2020, 08:36 PM

2021 C63s Sedan
Originally Posted by rold63
I have a 2021 C63s sedan ordered as well. Haven't heard anything from the dealer about any updates. Im hearing September 2nd they are announcing everything? Im thinking that's when the MY2021 build sheet will come out and production will start.
Rold63,

Thanks for responding glad to hear that you are hearing similar things as I am. I am located in Atlanta, GA USA and I know these C63s's are most likely assembled in Alabama, USA. minus the engine which is made in Germany and then shipped to the US to be installed. I reconfigured a build for the 2021 model back in early July but I still don't have a PO#. starting price looks to be $1,000 more than the 2020 probably because they made the moonroof standard and one other feature. They took out LED projector lights that shine on the ground as well as the rear shade which I really wanted to help dark the rear window out more. Other than that engine is still a V8 & interior is the same. I was not looking forward to the new model and how they are making everything into an iPad screen looks so bad. I like the digital analog cluster look. Keep me updated on your build if you can as will I with you!

Thanks,
Old 09-03-2020, 08:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 C63s
Just contacted my dealer today and they haven't released the MY2021 yet. I'm not sure when or what Mercedes is waiting for. C class production ended in Alabama so the whole c class line is being made in Germany, which will probably result in slower production (shipping them to US). I am glad to hear some of the options I chose are now standard like the roof and digital instrument display. I have been trying to get more information about the car and just the MY2021 c class in general. I cant believe nobody is really talking about it on here and in articles online. If you have any order sheets or anything like that I would love to check it out. I just have an allocation for the 21 c63s build and thats it. Any info would help
Old 09-03-2020, 10:04 PM

2021 C63s Sedan
Honestly,

If they are producing them in Germany that makes me happy the quality will be better and actually work the price of the car. One reason why I was not willing to pay MSRP is because of the production of them being in Alabama, they won't care as much as they do in the homeland. Only sheets I have is an allocation but with $0 price on it because they haven't released it but they are honoring my price for the 2020. Other sheet I have is the final MSRP price of the 2020 after the discount, taxes and fees which is $92,205 after discount $80,910 plus my state tax & fees brining the total to $87k.
Old 09-03-2020, 10:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
The sedans are gonna be made in East London, South Africa, not Germany. That plant has already been making the sedans for other markets and some sold in the USA were made there as well. Now all the USA sedans are gonna be made there.
Old 09-04-2020, 05:49 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 AMG C63s Coupe
Thanks, no I can’t

i’m in the south east... how much is ppf roughly I thought it was quite expensive, and can you notice it ?

I’m thinking about a ghost immob. Anyone got experience of these?

Cheers
Hey Thomas,

Congratulations on your purchase! You will love it!

I ordered a MY2018 C63s Coupe in selanite grey a couple years ago and had the same queries you have now.

In the end I went for:

Full Paint Correction
Ceramic Coating
PPF to the front bumper, bonnet, wing mirrors, side skirts and pillars

I HIGHLY recommend KDS Keltec- those guys really know their stuff and offer great insight into what they are doing and why!

I also looked into aftermarket security- feel free to hit me up on IG if you want to ask any questions @rennisb

Cheers!
Old 09-06-2020, 05:53 PM

2021 C63s Sedan
Originally Posted by rold63
I got a call from my dealership yesterday, they have began production I got my PO# he said it would be here November!! Im HYPED
Old 09-08-2020, 09:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 399 Likes on 307 Posts
AMG C63s Sedan , AMG C43 , AMG G63 , GLK 250
Originally Posted by superswiss
The sedans are gonna be made in East London, South Africa, not Germany. That plant has already been making the sedans for other markets and some sold in the USA were made there as well. Now all the USA sedans are gonna be made there.
Yea that is true.. are they still making the larger SUV's (ML's) etc in USA ? I know they switched production of some models out of US and back to other areas.
Old 09-14-2020, 01:32 PM

C63S
Hey, so i’ve just been told 6 weeks after ordering that I can only get the 21 spec now and they have discontinued the aero kit which is a major bummer and is making me consider cancelling the order. Has anyone got any recommendations on getting an aftermarket kit ?
Old 09-14-2020, 01:34 PM

C63S
Hi Brennis, thanks I’m now torn between getting the car in grey with an aero kit and the twin spoke wheels that i’m not a fan of or ordering brand new in black but no aero kit. Very disappointed currently. I may just wait for a second hand one to come up in the spec I want
brennis63 (09-17-2020)
Old 09-14-2020, 01:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Hey, so i’ve just been told 6 weeks after ordering that I can only get the 21 spec now and they have discontinued the aero kit which is a major bummer and is making me consider cancelling the order. Has anyone got any recommendations on getting an aftermarket kit ?
Interesting that they discontinued the aero package. Wondering if they gave up on trying to make those f'ing side sills not fall off! I had both of mine replaced and it was a major headache to get them to sit flush, and now the passenger side is separating again at the front and back. Car is going in for service this Friday for mostly unrelated stuff (windshield replacement, bent rim, ESP recall, and some other minor things), so I'm gonna have them fix the passenger side sill again while the car is there.
Old 09-14-2020, 02:02 PM

C63S
Ah really, i’m not even fussed about the side sills, its the front bumper rear spoiler and diffuser that makes the difference for me. So irritating
Old 09-14-2020, 02:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Ah really, i’m not even fussed about the side sills, its the front bumper rear spoiler and diffuser that makes the difference for me. So irritating
I hear you. I'm really overlooking the issue with the side sills, because overall the car just looks so much better with the aero than w/o it. Definitely a bummer. This was one of the great additions to the FL, but poorly implemented and handled. Those of us who got the CF exterior packages also found out that the side sills are not CF in conjunction with the aero package. Still love the looks of it, and I'll deal with the side sills.
Thomasd (09-15-2020)
Old 09-17-2020, 06:33 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 AMG C63s Coupe
Ah that is a pain that they no longer do the areo kit- but basically the same position I was in, as I got a Pre-FL and the areo kit was specific to the Ed1 at the time (however no different spoiler- just the front splitter, side skirts and diffuser). It didn't bother me too much as I knew I was going to add a CF front splitter and rear diffuser.
Got the splitter fairly quickly. Recently got the diffuser but not on yet. A couple of pics:

Old 09-21-2020, 03:42 PM

C63S
Man thats a good looking car!!! So i’ve ended up cancelling the car that was on order and have managed to find a ‘used’ one (11 miles on the clock) with the aero kit which i’ll hopefully be picking up next week. The bad news is it didnt have the HUD which i’ll have to live without. Started doing a bit of research on retro fitting but seems very costly and not worth it. Has anyone got any experience of good aftermarket HUD’s they can recommend?