Sponsored by:

Quickjack Followup

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2020, 01:00 PM

Received 73 Likes on 57 Posts
amg C63s
Quickjack Followup

About a year ago I posted a thread on is it possible to use the Quickjack for our w205 AMG c63 cars. No one at that time who responded had experience using it. The thread just raised questions on how to use it with possible answers, but with no real solutions from experience using it.

It is obvious that you need small pinch-weld adapters that will fit in the small cut out space of the plastic side skirts to support the lift force. Quickjack has a small round adapter that may work.

I can't determine if the extension rails accessory needs to be purchased to reach the pinch-weld jacking points if you have the standard length Quickjack.

Also the question of enough ground clearance for the Quickjack to fit under our cars.

Anyone using the Quickjack successfully on your AMG c63 coupe or sedan?
Old 09-22-2020, 01:24 PM

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts
2017 C63S Coupe
Yes, the extensions are needed or you could just by the longer version of the quick jack. Also, just get the jack pad adapters from Burger Motorsports or similar. They fit right in the jack spots and work great. Really like the quick Jack. Note, all my info is for a coupe, not sure about sedan. Regarding ground clearance, you will need to drive up on something the height of 2x4 approx to get the clearance you need
Old 09-22-2020, 01:32 PM
EkS

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
C63
Our cars don't have pinch welds and no need for adapters to lift at the jack points, but you do need the extension because the 5000 lbs. version doesn't reach the jack points.

If you're at stock height, ground clearance is fine, no need to drive onto anything.
Old 09-22-2020, 02:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2019 C63S AMG, 2008 335XI N54
Originally Posted by EkS
Our cars don't have pinch welds and no need for adapters to lift at the jack points, but you do need the extension because the 5000 lbs. version doesn't reach the jack points.

If you're at stock height, ground clearance is fine, no need to drive onto anything.
yeah I have the longer version and they reach the lift points on the c63, and they fit underneath the car just fine at stock height. I haven't actually used it to lift the AMG yet though, i use it primarily for the e92. do you just use the lift blocks that quickjack provides? i'm afraid it will end up ruining the sideskirts
Old 09-22-2020, 03:20 PM

Received 73 Likes on 57 Posts
amg C63s
I need to clarify - does my W205 AMG63s Coupe have jack points or exposed pinch weld areas for lifting the car. Please refer to the photo I've attached from last years thread purportedly showing the pinch weld jacking point submitted by a member. If we have jacking points where are they located?

Here's What Quickjack makes for pinch weld jacking and this is what I thought I needed. Maybe it isn't necessary if we don't use the pinch-weld for jacking.

Last edited by mstraka; 09-22-2020 at 03:27 PM.
Old 09-22-2020, 07:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 369 Likes on 263 Posts
2017 Porsche 911 C4
Definitely do not use any pinch welds to jack this car. There are 4 side jack points each under the removable covers on the side skirts (you'll clearly see the rubber inserts to place a jack pad). You do not want to use pinch welds to jack up this car - you can damage your car, or worse, yourself.

Old 09-22-2020, 08:56 PM
EkS

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
C63
The jack points are in the manual. But I found a thread with pictures. You don't need the jack pad that's used with the jack, I have one, but I don't use it all the time.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-...63s-coupe.html