😐 C63 Owners? Where have they all gone?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2022, 11:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 421 Likes on 304 Posts
AMG C63s
Originally Posted by AlexZTuned
I sold mine shortly after the factory warranty expired. As much as I love the C63S, the idea of maintaining it out of warranty was not something I wanted to entertain. And knowing myself, out of warranty means opening the flood gates to modding with bigger turbos and going down that very expensive rabbit hole of chasing power and times.

Over 4 years (did Euro Delivery in Oct 2016) in the C63S Coupe was amazing. I loved and enjoyed going sideways, power sliding, and doing rolling burnouts through 3rd gear, getting squirrelly doing hits at 60 mph with a tune and bolt-ons.

Tons of fun, kept me on my toes, and was just a beast of a car. But by the time I was done with it, I had a set of dedicated 18’s with street drag radials just to get the power down and not spin on stock turbos. I’ve gotten all that traction loss and spinning out of my system, as fun (and scary) as it was.

I moved on to a ‘17 991.2 C4 a few months ago - the new owner of my Coupe now resides 3 hours away in Dallas.

https://www.instagram.com/911atx/
I also moved to a 911 but 992 platform. But you moved on because of the expiring warranty and bought an out of warranty 911? I guess some CPO left?
Old 08-12-2022, 11:53 AM

Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts
17 C63S Coupe PTG1000
It's seems like there is consistently a dozen (or so) forum members that actively engage. What the forum lacks is posts about new mods, build journals, DIYs etc. Man, I was a longtime e9x M3 owner and those forums are ALWAYS poppin'. You can spend days reading through threads and posts and new have content you haven't reviewed - albeit, a lot more e9x owners than w205 c63 owners (we just don't have the same volume).
Old 08-12-2022, 04:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 179 Likes on 143 Posts
Mercedes-Benz E63s AMG
I just switched from my C63 to E63s, so I'm over there now 😝
Old 08-12-2022, 10:29 PM

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
2012 C63 Coupe P31 OE Tuned/ROW Airbox/K&N filters/Quaife LSD/MBH LTH, Race Cats, Midpipes, Xpipes
Originally Posted by noremaC
It's seems like there is consistently a dozen (or so) forum members that actively engage. What the forum lacks is posts about new mods, build journals, DIYs etc. Man, I was a longtime e9x M3 owner and those forums are ALWAYS poppin'. You can spend days reading through threads and posts and new have content you haven't reviewed - albeit, a lot more e9x owners than w205 c63 owners (we just don't have the same volume).
Totally agree with this.
Old 08-12-2022, 11:26 PM

Received 125 Likes on 105 Posts
W205 C63 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by noremaC
I agree with this. I came from an E92 335i and there were always a lot of active members modifying their cars and making DIY posts. I think it has to do with how many more BMW owners there are, and the not insignificant price difference in mods. I'm outside of the warranty now, but driving my car so much less that I haven't gotten around to doing any mods other than some cosmetic stuff.

Also, every time I pop in here there seem to be more posts from vendors selling things or trolls with stupid comments than there are posts by members sharing mods or starting an interesting topic. So I log out and get back to my day. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Old 08-13-2022, 12:57 AM

Received 127 Likes on 75 Posts
16' C63s, 22' RAM 1500
Originally Posted by AlexZTuned
My personal opinion, car forums have always been the best way to interact and share with other owners, but social media has definitely driven people off traditional forums over the years and onto Instagram and other social channels. I think it’s more so car forums are becoming “old school” and obsolete as there are many more eyeballs and active users on social media.

And to be quite honest, even back in ‘15 and ‘16 when the W205 C63 came out, these forums unfortunately were never super active... now it’s bit of a ghost town. It’s a shame as I wish we had as much dialogue and openness like I see on other more popular car forums like the M3/M4 owners.
Im new to Mercedes in general but I've always been active on Honda Forums when I had those cars way back then when I was 18-21yrs old. Once I joined this forum I noticed that its mainly people looking for the aesthetics of the vehicle rather than actual wrenching/troubleshooting issues. It'll be very helpful for us owners that plan to keep the c63 longterm if this forum had WIS links or just DIY write ups like how most forums are. Forums have always been my go to for wrenching and YouTube is the last resort.
Old 08-13-2022, 01:06 AM

16' C63s, 22' RAM 1500
Also,

I'll be making a fuel pump replacement write up once mine dies lol I already have the new fuel pump at the ready lol currently @ 122,000 miles on stock fuel pump. I got fuel cut off once at the track but haven't been able to replicate the issue since then.. I believe it was fuel starvation from apexing a turn too hard? since I don't believe our fuel tanks have baffles in them like M cars do
Old 08-13-2022, 02:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 521 Likes on 353 Posts
700HP Facelift converted PFL C63 S Coupe
Originally Posted by Iridium.C63s
Also,

I'll be making a fuel pump replacement write up once mine dies lol I already have the new fuel pump at the ready lol currently @ 122,000 miles on stock fuel pump. I got fuel cut off once at the track but haven't been able to replicate the issue since then.. I believe it was fuel starvation from apexing a turn too hard? since I don't believe our fuel tanks have baffles in them like M cars do
Yeah I've had that happen too on a tight turn and could replicate it. First time it happened the car just went off and revs died I was like f*ck off! Then i realized.

I want a higher pressure fuel pump for my car. Reason is, have you ever noticed when the car is full tank it goes harder? Full tank of gas cools the fuel pump, and helps it run efficiently. When the tank is full we get more consistent fuel delivery into the combustion chamber and better pump performance on a full tank

I'm currently trying to find out what our options are for upgrade but having sh*t all luck 👎
Old 08-13-2022, 02:20 AM

Received 206 Likes on 133 Posts
C63 S Coupe
Thumbs down Also C63 205 owners are DIY pussies

Call me a troll or whatever but let me tell you......... Most of the guys who own 205 C63 wont get their hands dirty. Thats why theres no build threads or whatever. Prove me wrong but most of you lot couldn't even take off the stock plastic airboxes if you had to lol you'd have no idea where to start!!! Only seen 3 blokes here so far get their hands dirty and that's alex tuned (RIP), jimmy and ME

We need more blokes rolling up their sleeves and doing some DIY & I have a feeling we might see more once all those warranties expire hahahaha

George Lisciandro
The following 3 users liked this post by George_1992:
Iridium.C63s (08-13-2022), Jimmy_c63s (08-13-2022), MaxVO2 (08-14-2022)
Old 08-13-2022, 08:08 AM

16' C63s, 22' RAM 1500
Originally Posted by Jimmy_c63s
Yeah I've had that happen too on a tight turn and could replicate it. First time it happened the car just went off and revs died I was like f*ck off! Then i realized.

I want a higher pressure fuel pump for my car. Reason is, have you ever noticed when the car is full tank it goes harder? Full tank of gas cools the fuel pump, and helps it run efficiently. When the tank is full we get more consistent fuel delivery into the combustion chamber and better pump performance on a full tank

I'm currently trying to find out what our options are for upgrade but having sh*t all luck 👎
that’s so true. I’ll start looking into that also! Thanks man!
Old 08-14-2022, 10:16 PM

Received 134 Likes on 94 Posts
2018 C63s
Originally Posted by George_1992
Call me a troll or whatever but let me tell you......... Most of the guys who own 205 C63 wont get their hands dirty. Thats why theres no build threads or whatever. Prove me wrong but most of you lot couldn't even take off the stock plastic airboxes if you had to lol you'd have no idea where to start!!! Only seen 3 blokes here so far get their hands dirty and that's alex tuned (RIP), jimmy and ME

We need more blokes rolling up their sleeves and doing some DIY & I have a feeling we might see more once all those warranties expire hahahaha

George Lisciandro
*****Haha! I'm a rolling up your sleeves bloke, and have dug in to my C63s for a variety of projects. It's a nice car! Other than the Dyno testing to check my work, as well as a Dyno tune by a pro that understands the car, I do all of the wrenching myself, fluid changes and other general maintenance. My most recent project was new turbos, and this week I am installing new two piece downpipes with better Cats/spacers as well as better heat shielding/ceramic coating as I was having issues with fit as well as the firewall getting a bit too hot from the higher boost and flow of the new turbos, etc.. I'll be retesting the car on the dyno again once the new pipes are in and the tune is tweaked a bit more based on EGT and AFR tests done on the Dyno, plus other stuff I am doing to the car. I have other hobbies, but wrenching is a pretty big one, along with banging hot women, cupcake decorating, and I'm thinking of trying chainsaw juggling...

I also do Cross-Fit, but waited until the *end* of this post as opposed to the very first line to tell you I Cross-Fit!

Old 08-14-2022, 10:40 PM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
C63s
Originally Posted by Jimmy_c63s

I want a higher pressure fuel pump for my car. Reason is, have you ever noticed when the car is full tank it goes harder?

****this...my butt dyno always reads more power after a fill up
Old 08-17-2022, 01:51 PM

Received 147 Likes on 119 Posts
C63s
alex tuned (RIP)
What you mean?
Old 08-17-2022, 03:32 PM

Received 134 Likes on 94 Posts
2018 C63s
Originally Posted by japamg
What you mean?
*****That usually means, that if he were a celebrity that had been giving out autographs to fans, that he is no longer signing autographs anymore...

Other than that, I gots nuthin'

Max
Old 08-28-2024, 04:04 AM

C63 S Coupe
It's now clear

Figured it out after surveying owners for the past year.

Ownership on these cars have a fast turnaround time due to 99% of owners:

• Unable to afford the maintenance because they think the dealership is the only place to go, can't turn a wrench or lack the ability or interest to learn
  • Are on big finance loans
  • Are scared of funny noises and the service costs
  • Freak out when something goes wrong (especially the Electronic Diff error)
  • Don't do proper wheel alignments which leads to prematurely worn tyres and can't afford the replacement
  • Hate the gas consumption of the car due to their heavy right foot
  • Are on a disability pension
  • Feel bored of the sedan and wish they got the coupe
  • Have had sh*t luck (me)

This is after speaking with many owners on social media and mbworld as well as observing threads here.

Yours truly
George Lisciandro

The following users liked this post:
japamg (08-28-2024)
Old 08-28-2024, 07:19 AM

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
C63S
I'm here take it easy!
I actually listed the car for sale but pulled it from the market. Had it for 4 years now.
Old 08-28-2024, 07:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 521 Likes on 353 Posts
700HP Facelift converted PFL C63 S Coupe
Originally Posted by Barbalatte
I'm here take it easy!
I actually listed the car for sale but pulled it from the market. Had it for 4 years now.
Sweet that's good you're keeping it. What made you want to sell? Did you get the sh*ts with it
Old 08-28-2024, 07:32 AM

C63 S Coupe
Originally Posted by Barbalatte
I'm here take it easy!
Thanks for keeping it!!! Just sucks seeing so many come and go....... make friends with owners next thing they're gone and "sold it lol"

Old 08-28-2024, 08:04 AM

Received 208 Likes on 161 Posts
2021 AMG E63s Wagon
TTV8 Off Topic

Thanks for keeping it!!! Just sucks seeing so many come and go....... make friends with owners next thing they're gone and "sold it lol"
Recently sold my 2021 AMG E63s Wagon in April...but keeping my Alchemy Purple Holden Commodore (Chevy SS) for Life! Modded suspension with BMR bits, installed Solo Axleback Exhaust, and might add Boost District Supercharger next for 700hp at the wheel...too bad the States never got the Ute or HSV models.

2015 Chevy SS
Old 08-28-2024, 08:19 AM

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
C63S
I actually ordered an RSQ3 10 year Anniversary and Audi ****ed me and gave it to someone else so I kept it. It's practically brand new. Only 43000km fully re-wrapped. So happy with it. A bit low. Scrapes everywhere!😆
Jimmy_c63s (08-29-2024)
Old 08-28-2024, 08:53 AM

Received 147 Likes on 119 Posts
C63s
Hey! Owner of a c63s since 2017 😎

Actually bougth first in 2017, facelift in 2020 and Final Edition in 2022 hahaha

Best car ever
Jimmy_c63s (08-29-2024)
Old 08-28-2024, 10:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,947 Likes on 2,633 Posts
2019 C63CS
Still here and enjoying my coupe. Out of warranty now and it has a couple of niggles that are not life threatening and I haven't bothered doing much about them yet. Nothing that keeps me from driving and enjoying it. I suspect I need a new battery eventually. It's been 5 years. I'm mostly active in other sections of the forum as not much is happening here, but all these cars have lots in common.

No plans to sell mine, no loan and maintenance is what it is. Mostly just annual scheduled service (only drive about 4k miles per year), tires and brakes. Even with the pandemic essentially over, I'm still not driving much these days, so it's a bit of a garage queen, but that's good. Keeps the mileage, wear and tear down, so hopefully it'll last a few more years.

Have been driving different loaners to see how I feel about the current models. Tried the EQ models etc. Nothing I'd rather have. I am about to leave for Europe and will spend a day at the Mercedes-Benz Test Center in Immendingen driving the new GT63 coupe, CLE 53 and the controversial C63 SE. Just wanted to drive them, but the new C63 is a no-go for me already and while I like the GT63 it isn't all that much different from the C63S coupe. Just newer, way more expensive, heavier, more power and some of the things like AWD don't interest me, but I'm curious about how it drives. Since I don't really need a car, don't really do daily driving and don't do commuting at all, there's nothing out there I'd want to spend my money on.

Last edited by superswiss; 08-28-2024 at 11:06 AM.
Jimmy_c63s (08-29-2024)
Old 08-28-2024, 10:25 PM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
AMG C63s, e70 X5M, 335i,AMG glc63
Originally Posted by superswiss
I'm not sure social media is really a factor. Coming from BMW and Audi, what I've noticed is that the AMG community is very different. Not as much aftermarket and tuning going on here. Some people throw on a tune, but that's about it. There's much more of an aftermarket scene with BMW and even Audi. Lots of active discussions on those forums. The 205 is by now also a mature car. Not that many issues plaguing this platform. The engine for the most part seems to be bulletproof. Again, that's very different over on the Audi forums and BMW forums. I'm not active in the BMW community, but I still hang out on the Audi forums and the daily complaint threads about stuff that isn't working and that Audi isn't fixing just keeps going on and on. It just seems AMG is more grown up. The cars are amazing from the factory and even if you tune them, they generally don't start having issues. Most of the tech seems to work properly for the most part, aside from the teething issues they had with the Mercedes Me connect platform for most of last year, but at this point it seems to work for the most part. I just noticed that my geo location alerts are finally reliably for example. I have a geo fence setup around my dealership so I know when the car leaves and comes back, and mine is currently in the shop for the ESP recall and some repairs. The repairs are all due to road hazards (new windshield, bent wheel). The car overall is just so much more solid than what I'm used to from Audi for example. Spent much more time in the shop with my previous RS5 for example and so did others and the issues were heavily discussed in the forums. We can't just all come here and post about another uneventful day with the car...haha. Right now, I'm guessing a lot of people also don't drive their cars as much as before the pandemic.
I agree, I still have my first bmw an e90 335 and I have had others a z4 and a x5m. I now also have a c63s and a glc63. I go to forums to learn or if I have questions to get answers but the mercedes/AMG crowd seems to be a "take it to the dealership" type of people. People who tend to not do any work on their cars. The bmw crowd is completely different, they tend to be more knowledgeable with their cars and diy'ers.. I always get compliments on how my AMGs sound. They have catless DPs and are straight piped. Every AMG ower I have met so far is so surprised when I mention I installed the downpipes myself and that I do my own work/maintenance on the cars... some offer to pay me to do work for them. I always turn them down. I'm not a mechanic and I don't need the money. Either way I love my AMGs just like my BMW and I don't plan to ever get rid of them. I do see myself adding a new m3 or m4 before bmw makes the entire line up crazy ugly lol
Old 08-29-2024, 04:24 PM

Received 131 Likes on 117 Posts
2021 C63S coupe
I am still around
I sold my 2019 during the chip shortage for a nice profit, and tried out a TTRS.
'We' didn't get on well so I bought another C63S Coupe. Now I'm a happy bunny.

Last edited by Uga Uga; 08-29-2024 at 04:25 PM. Reason: typo
Jimmy_c63s (08-29-2024)
Old 09-01-2024, 01:51 AM

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
2018 AMG C63, 2014 Kawasaki Concours, 2017 Ducati Supersport S
Still here and still kicking. Just under 20K on a 2018 and enjoy the heck out of it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 😐 C63 Owners? Where have they all gone?