Sponsored by:

😐 C63 Owners? Where have they all gone?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2020, 12:10 PM

Received 206 Likes on 133 Posts
C63 S Coupe
😐 C63 Owners? Where have they all gone?

I've noticed that this section seems to really be quiet compared to how it was 2 years ago......... before I managed to build the confidence to join this site, I was lurking this section.

I know there's a few guys here like Alex, W205, Superswiss, Bruce that are long members/owners but where has everyone else gone like Sanch etc? It seems like it's the usual crew who are posting and replying including Jimmy but that's it?

Is there a high turnover rate owning these cars? Or did all the once active owners in this section just disappear 😕

Sincerely,
George Lisciandro

Last edited by George_1992; 10-01-2020 at 12:12 PM.
Old 10-01-2020, 01:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 369 Likes on 263 Posts
2017 Porsche 911 C4
My personal opinion, car forums have always been the best way to interact and share with other owners, but social media has definitely driven people off traditional forums over the years and onto Instagram and other social channels. I think it’s more so car forums are becoming “old school” and obsolete as there are many more eyeballs and active users on social media.

And to be quite honest, even back in ‘15 and ‘16 when the W205 C63 came out, these forums unfortunately were never super active... now it’s bit of a ghost town. It’s a shame as I wish we had as much dialogue and openness like I see on other more popular car forums like the M3/M4 owners.
The following 2 users liked this post by AlexZTuned:
Michael_W_ (10-01-2020), twernicke (08-12-2022)
Old 10-01-2020, 01:11 PM

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
2020 C63s Coupe
I recently purchased my first ever Mercedes, 2020 C63s.
Coming from owning many BMWs before, I spent a lot of time on Bimmerpost.com previously and was looking for similar site for MB.
I found this to be most active forum for W205 C63s, yet I only see few posts per day.
I tried to join AMG private lounge, but that forum is even worse and very slow to navigate.
In comparison, Bimmerpost forum for M3/M4 is so active with many posts from both users and vendors.

I don't know sales figure, but I guess this is because there are so many more M3/M4 owners than C63?
In any case, please let me know via private message if you know other community site for W205 C63s with more active members.
Old 10-01-2020, 01:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,947 Likes on 2,633 Posts
2019 C63CS
I'm not sure social media is really a factor. Coming from BMW and Audi, what I've noticed is that the AMG community is very different. Not as much aftermarket and tuning going on here. Some people throw on a tune, but that's about it. There's much more of an aftermarket scene with BMW and even Audi. Lots of active discussions on those forums. The 205 is by now also a mature car. Not that many issues plaguing this platform. The engine for the most part seems to be bulletproof. Again, that's very different over on the Audi forums and BMW forums. I'm not active in the BMW community, but I still hang out on the Audi forums and the daily complaint threads about stuff that isn't working and that Audi isn't fixing just keeps going on and on. It just seems AMG is more grown up. The cars are amazing from the factory and even if you tune them, they generally don't start having issues. Most of the tech seems to work properly for the most part, aside from the teething issues they had with the Mercedes Me connect platform for most of last year, but at this point it seems to work for the most part. I just noticed that my geo location alerts are finally reliably for example. I have a geo fence setup around my dealership so I know when the car leaves and comes back, and mine is currently in the shop for the ESP recall and some repairs. The repairs are all due to road hazards (new windshield, bent wheel). The car overall is just so much more solid than what I'm used to from Audi for example. Spent much more time in the shop with my previous RS5 for example and so did others and the issues were heavily discussed in the forums. We can't just all come here and post about another uneventful day with the car...haha. Right now, I'm guessing a lot of people also don't drive their cars as much as before the pandemic.
The following 3 users liked this post by superswiss:
Michael_W_ (10-01-2020), Stunna02 (05-19-2021), Sullicc4 (10-02-2020)
Old 10-01-2020, 01:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 Porsche 911 C4
Originally Posted by AMG82
I recently purchased my first ever Mercedes, 2020 C63s.
Coming from owning many BMWs before, I spent a lot of time on Bimmerpost.com previously and was looking for similar site for MB.
I found this to be most active forum for W205 C63s, yet I only see few posts per day.
I tried to join AMG private lounge, but that forum is even worse and very slow to navigate.
In comparison, Bimmerpost forum for M3/M4 is so active with many posts from both users and vendors.

I don't know sales figure, but I guess this is because there are so many more M3/M4 owners than C63?
In any case, please let me know via private message if you know other community site for W205 C63s with more active members.
This forum is (unfortunately) the most active spot for C63S owners in terms of forums.

Like you said there are many more M3/M4 owners out there and the owners are way more into aftermarket mods than your typical AMG owner. I wish this place was like Bimmerpost (I’m a member there), but we don’t have enough active members and owners willing to mod/share outside of social media.
The following 2 users liked this post by AlexZTuned:
AMG82 (10-01-2020), NavC63S (10-08-2020)
Old 10-01-2020, 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 399 Likes on 307 Posts
AMG C63s Sedan , AMG C43 , AMG G63 , GLK 250
I have noticed that most people pop in , ask a question then pop out.. they look at it more of a "find a solution to a problem" then a "hang out" place.
Since more of the topics are always related to a problem or issue vs just a general conversation on our cars.

When I joined, year or so ago, there was lots of activity around this time, because of orders and pre-orders etc.. (then covid) messed this year up on that for a bit, so the new wave of people asking or discussing there new order, etc will def go up.

But yes... 100000% topics have dropped to less then what I would want to interact with on a daily basis.

Old 10-01-2020, 01:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2020 C63s Sedan
Guys,

Im new here, been active on the AMG PL. Been in 6 AMG's since 2009. I have reached a point where you know every little thing about the car, it's really intuitive.

Nothing beats AMG's guys, i drove my C63s sedan on a long trip last week in the rain, and mountains, fog etc. I was in a German super sedan on the freeway within all the speed limits. Thats truly when you appreciate what MB/AMG has built. I have a 2020 right now, but getting one in 2021 with carbon ceramics and the works. Color etc remains the same. I plan to Renntech it and keep it for 4 years probably.

I have my doubts on the next w206 and will need some time to evaluate how good it really is.

Cheers,

Sean

www.carspear.com

Old 10-01-2020, 02:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 521 Likes on 353 Posts
700HP Facelift converted PFL C63 S Coupe
Noticed the same thing here too, this section has gone very quiet.

Kind of sucks because I try my best to keep things alive here by chatting and even bumping old topics that are good, but still, not many bites 🤷‍♀️

It's certainly been a bit dead this year. Hopefully it comes back to life again someday (soon).

PS: AMG Lounge sucks. It loads so slowly and that place is even more dead. The only person who makes good posts there is superswiss.
The following users liked this post:
Iridium.C63s (08-13-2022)
Old 10-01-2020, 02:38 PM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
2017 C63S AMG
Originally Posted by superswiss
I'm not sure social media is really a factor. Coming from BMW and Audi, what I've noticed is that the AMG community is very different. Not as much aftermarket and tuning going on here. Some people throw on a tune, but that's about it. There's much more of an aftermarket scene with BMW and even Audi. Lots of active discussions on those forums. The 205 is by now also a mature car. Not that many issues plaguing this platform. The engine for the most part seems to be bulletproof. Again, that's very different over on the Audi forums and BMW forums. I'm not active in the BMW community, but I still hang out on the Audi forums and the daily complaint threads about stuff that isn't working and that Audi isn't fixing just keeps going on and on. It just seems AMG is more grown up. The cars are amazing from the factory and even if you tune them, they generally don't start having issues. Most of the tech seems to work properly for the most part, aside from the teething issues they had with the Mercedes Me connect platform for most of last year, but at this point it seems to work for the most part. I just noticed that my geo location alerts are finally reliably for example. I have a geo fence setup around my dealership so I know when the car leaves and comes back, and mine is currently in the shop for the ESP recall and some repairs. The repairs are all due to road hazards (new windshield, bent wheel). The car overall is just so much more solid than what I'm used to from Audi for example. Spent much more time in the shop with my previous RS5 for example and so did others and the issues were heavily discussed in the forums. We can't just all come here and post about another uneventful day with the car...haha. Right now, I'm guessing a lot of people also don't drive their cars as much as before the pandemic.
The tuning scene is huge for AMG’s right now. Advances in TCU tuning, ECU tuning and a plethora of parts are now available. E63’s breaking into the low low 10’s on the 1/4, my C63S AMG sports full subframe connectors (race car mode buddy). Sure, some people slap an off the shelf tune on their car and call it a day. What I’ve seen as of late is a hugely knowledgeable subset in the community going for broke, modding the ***** off their cars and helping others do the same.

MBWorld has become a place where people come to ask questions that have already been answered in other threads and get angry when tenured members gently suggest the search function, instead of spoon feeding them the answers. I got tired of the “which mods won’t void warranty” threads and sought knowledge and experience elsewhere. Subsequently, I found a wealth of helpful, knowledgeable owners like myself that want to mod their cars to the nth degree and back.
Old 10-01-2020, 02:52 PM

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
C63
If you look at the number of replies it does seem like a ghost town, but there's a ton of views. I guest most of us are just not posting, I'm guilty.
Stunna02 (10-01-2020)
Old 10-01-2020, 03:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 Porsche 911 C4
I do agree that the AMG tuning scene is alive and well, but it’s not kicking on MBWorld.

The question of where all the C63 owners have gone can be answered by looking at where all the advertisers have gone - social media.

A big part of forums, for me at least, is learning about new developments, products, people’s builds, etc. All that is on social media now because no one is participating on forums like they used to. It’s much easier to hit a like and comment on IG, build a “following”, than to put together a coherent post on a forum... so it’s become a tool for troubleshooting and for advertisers to bump their sponsored threads each and every day.

If advertisers (tuners, hardware fabricators, etc.) spent time on here and engaged I think more owners would be more inclined to be on here and participate as we’d inherently get better topics and conversation on the W205.
Old 10-01-2020, 03:55 PM

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
2017 c63 amg, Catless DP, Velos tune
I am fairly new to the AMG family. I purchased my c63 back in May of this year. Not really sure how the forums were back in the beginning but I have enjoyed the few short months here I've had. Social media makes it way easier to be engaged yet, at a distance. Social media doesn't work for me. I like to have as much knowledge as I can about my car. I enjoy reading other peoples post even if I have nothing to add. I have learned quite a bit here. I think for some people they just aren't willing to invest the amount it takes. Everyone these days is so used to instant answers and instant gratification.

Old 10-01-2020, 04:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,947 Likes on 2,633 Posts
2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by Michael_W_
I am fairly new to the AMG family. I purchased my c63 back in May of this year. Not really sure how the forums were back in the beginning but I have enjoyed the few short months here I've had. Social media makes it way easier to be engaged yet, at a distance. Social media doesn't work for me. I like to have as much knowledge as I can about my car. I enjoy reading other peoples post even if I have nothing to add. I have learned quite a bit here. I think for some people they just aren't willing to invest the amount it takes. Everyone these days is so used to instant answers and instant gratification.
Agreed, social media works best as a passive information feed, or if you enjoy reading people's brainfarts or your own life stinks and you need to see somebody else's highly curated IG to feel better. The obsession the younger generations have with likes, and how their lives fall apart if they don't get likes on IG etc. is pretty sad.
The following 2 users liked this post by superswiss:
'1663s (05-20-2021), Michael_W_ (10-02-2020)
Old 10-01-2020, 04:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2019 C63S AMG, 2008 335XI N54
Yeah before i got the amg i was on the bimmerpost forums for my 335 n54. the forums there are always popping with new information and have an archive of DIYs and troubleshooting. It would be nice if people created DIYs as they work on their builds and post them on the forums. and eventually have a section dedicated to just DIYs for this platform.
Old 10-01-2020, 06:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 197 Likes on 158 Posts
2018 GT R; Tesla M3P
People went to WhatsApp chats, I’m still in one for the C43 with 56 members and it’s really active every day. I like forums way more than social media though. AMG PL is a dead place especially after their “update”...
Old 10-01-2020, 07:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 Porsche 911 C4
Originally Posted by hoodat
Yeah before i got the amg i was on the bimmerpost forums for my 335 n54. the forums there are always popping with new information and have an archive of DIYs and troubleshooting. It would be nice if people created DIYs as they work on their builds and post them on the forums. and eventually have a section dedicated to just DIYs for this platform.
I was on that same forum when I had an N54 335XI manual, I loved how much posting and information you could get - it was an incredible resource and very active community. Same with the tuning scene - what you can do on BMW platforms puts Mercedes to shame in terms of innovation like Bootmod, map switching on the fly, the list goes on...

What I say about people migrating to social media isn't to say it's better than forums or necessarily a good thing - I absolutely agree that IG and social media in general is all surface level and you will never get the same value as you can on a forum (DIY's, builds, platform breakthroughs, etc.). However, forums rely on the contributors (owners and people with information of value) that they can share with the community - the issue is there aren't many MBWorld W205 folks that contribute like they used to. Years ago plenty we had plenty of cool fun builds to watch like 1FastC63S and Dsawyer each breaking 10's with big turbos and eventually Doug breaking into the 9's. There just doesn't seem to be many folks on here that want to spend the time sharing their builds on a forum when you can get a much bigger response on IG, and there aren't as brand new aftermarket parts being developed left and right like the early days.
Old 10-01-2020, 07:41 PM

Received 125 Likes on 105 Posts
W205 C63 AMG Coupe
Coming from a 335i and the BMW forums, I had the same thoughts about the AMG forums. This one seemed to be the most active, so I created an account. However, there is not that much going on. I think part of the issue is that BMWs are insanely cheap to modify and AMGs are significantly more expensive. As a result, you get far fewer people modifying their cars beyond anything more than a set of downpipes and an off the shelf tune. Therefore, there are fewer things to discuss.

I try to take part in discussions of interesting topics to keep them alive, but there are only so many times you can comment on the repeat topics.
Old 10-01-2020, 08:14 PM

Received 73 Likes on 57 Posts
amg C63s
I live in New Orleans. I've owned my 2018 AMG C63s for over a year. During this time I have not seen a W205 AMG C63 car on the road in this city, M3/M4s?... at least three / four, often more each day. The dealerships are here, two Mercedes dealers within 25 miles. When I purchased my AMG C63s, it was a trade in for a BMW M4.
Old 10-01-2020, 08:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2020 C63s Sedan
The BMW forum is more active as there is a younger following and truly dedicated brand deciples.

Switching to a top level AMG is a leap of faith that gets rewarded very well.

Old 10-01-2020, 09:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 421 Likes on 304 Posts
AMG C63s
For what it’s worth I think this forum is still pretty active compared to what other forums for higher end cars show. Go find an active forum for Lambo’s. As many said, MB is not a brand used by a lot of young folks to modify their cars ...BMW (not necessarily not just M), Dodge, Ford, Nissan etc are much more suited for young folks...same group who are more active on social media too. You can see modified entry level cars like Charger RT, Mustang Ecoboost, 370Z and the likes but barely a modified C300. So, aftermarket crowed on MB is more limited to the upper end of the spectrum ...and at the coast folks choose a Scatpack, Mustang GT or Nismo instead. So for what it is our forum is pretty active and useful, I think.
Old 10-02-2020, 08:07 AM

C63 S Coupe
You all have valid points.............. but you mainly mention SOCIAL MEDIA being the cause............ nah I don't think so. It's different with the AMG owners compared to Audi's, BMW's etc.

Social media can't be the cause because let's all be honest, it's rubbish & it's damn near hard to navigate or find information there............... plus everyone's always on their high horse, acting like arseholes or making smarmy comments. There's no community feel on Social Media tbh.

Forums will always be the goto place for info. Sadly, I think because of the high price of these cars many AMG owners disappear because they lease these cars and after a few years their off and onto the next big thing. Which probably explains the total lack of PFL owners hanging about, now 🙄🤔🙄
Old 10-02-2020, 08:47 AM

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
2019 AMG C63
I for one do not intend to risk voiding my warranty by doing any mods.
FromV4_to_C63 (11-22-2020)
Old 10-02-2020, 08:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 421 Likes on 304 Posts
AMG C63s
Originally Posted by George_1992
You all have valid points.............. but you mainly mention SOCIAL MEDIA being the cause............ nah I don't think so. It's different with the AMG owners compared to Audi's, BMW's etc.

Social media can't be the cause because let's all be honest, it's rubbish & it's damn near hard to navigate or find information there............... plus everyone's always on their high horse, acting like arseholes or making smarmy comments. There's no community feel on Social Media tbh.

Forums will always be the goto place for info. Sadly, I think because of the high price of these cars many AMG owners disappear because they lease these cars and after a few years their off and onto the next big thing. Which probably explains the total lack of PFL owners hanging about, now 🙄🤔🙄
Some of us who own PFLs and are still here. I am surprised too how many people apparently lease their AMG though.

btw, I consider forums social media too.
Old 10-02-2020, 09:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 521 Likes on 353 Posts
700HP Facelift converted PFL C63 S Coupe
Originally Posted by 4dr.no
I for one do not intend to risk voiding my warranty by doing any mods.
You don't need to be a "modder" to have a chit chat or socialize here. There's oodles of C63 topics that aren't about modding etc
Stunna02 (10-02-2020)
Old 10-02-2020, 09:19 AM

C63 S Coupe
Originally Posted by tobeit
Some of us who own PFLs and are still here. I am surprised too how many people apparently lease their AMG though.

btw, I consider forums social media too.
Not forums.............. when I said social media I'm talking about Facebook and Instagram. Total lack of knowledge or community feel from the AMG groups on those two platforms. Forums, very different feel to them.

But yep, pretty sure it's the whole leasing thing which is why we don't see a steady stream of regulars here, too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 😐 C63 Owners? Where have they all gone?