Sponsored by:

Carcoon (cover) for C63s Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2021, 12:58 AM

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
2019 C63s Coupe
Carcoon (cover) for C63s Coupe

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with Carcoon's Drive-in Carport (or similar product)? Most of the online reviews I can find are regarding Carcoon's Indoor/Outdoor inflatable units.

I have a 3 car garage with the third garage being a drive-through garage. Behind that garage I have a pergola (covered area where I currently park the 63) which backs onto my backyard. My dog has complete access to the entire backyard including the pergola area.

Currently when the 63 gets parked underneath the pergola, its always under a car cover but recently its coming a bit of a nuisance (always needing to make sure the car is clean before the cover goes on).

I really like the idea of Carcoon's Drive-in Carport, you basically drive into this freestanding bubble(?), zip it up and turn it on.

63 is currently a spare/weekend car and my 3 garages are already being utilized. Also leaving the car uncovered it not an option as I don't want it getting covered in dust plus I want it kept away from my dog. Side note - when he was a pup, he chewed up the bumper of 1 of my other new car that was only 2 weeks old! so I still have that fear.....

https://www.carcoon.com.au/products/...arport-medium/

Last edited by nslac; 05-07-2021 at 03:27 AM.
Old 05-07-2021, 04:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 521 Likes on 353 Posts
700HP Facelift converted PFL C63 S Coupe
Originally Posted by nslac
I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with Carcoon's Drive-in Carport (or similar product)? Most of the online reviews I can find are regarding Carcoon's Indoor/Outdoor inflatable units.

I have a 3 car garage with the third garage being a drive-through garage. Behind that garage I have a pergola (covered area where I currently park the 63) which backs onto my backyard. My dog has complete access to the entire backyard including the pergola area.

Currently when the 63 gets parked underneath the pergola, its always under a car cover but recently its coming a bit of a nuisance (always needing to make sure the car is clean before the cover goes on).

I really like the idea of Carcoon's Drive-in Carport, you basically drive into this freestanding bubble(?), zip it up and turn it on.

63 is currently a spare/weekend car and my 3 garages are already being utilized. Also leaving the car uncovered it not an option as I don't want it getting covered in dust plus I want it kept away from my dog. Side note - when he was a pup, he chewed up the bumper of 1 of my other new car that was only 2 weeks old! so I still have that fear.....

https://www.carcoon.com.au/products/...arport-medium/
I haven't had experience with them but have always wanted to get one, especially if you can use it like a carport and just drive in.

Are you thinking of getting one? Where are you located mate?
Old 05-07-2021, 09:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 369 Likes on 263 Posts
2017 Porsche 911 C4
Bit of an eyesore, no? My HOA would never allow that in the driveway (and yes, HOA’s suck).
Old 05-07-2021, 11:00 AM

Received 298 Likes on 214 Posts
AMG GLC 63s Coupe
Originally Posted by AlexZTuned
Bit of an eyesore, no? My HOA would never allow that in the driveway (and yes, HOA’s suck).
That would be awesome when at the Frio river for extended times to keep the crap off your car...lol...

Now if I could figure out how to drive around the millions of grasshoppers that cream the car every 1 second of the drive there. I have a lot of bumper damage from them.....
Old 05-07-2021, 12:47 PM

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
2019 AMG C63
I would go with a car hoist in the garage if you have enough room.
Old 05-07-2021, 06:46 PM

2019 C63s Coupe
Originally Posted by Jimmy_c63s
I haven't had experience with them but have always wanted to get one, especially if you can use it like a carport and just drive in.

Are you thinking of getting one? Where are you located mate?
I definitely want to get one but I was hoping to get some feedback first. With prices starting at $2k, their not exactly cheap.

I am located in Sydney, what about you?

A mate of mine has been using the indoor carcoon for last 3 years, he swears by it.

Old 05-07-2021, 06:50 PM

2019 C63s Coupe
Originally Posted by AlexZTuned
I know but I think it looks better compared to the outdoor carcoon (which reminds me a kids jumpy castle)

​​​​​ In my case it'll stay at the back of the house so I am not too concerned.
Old 05-07-2021, 07:04 PM

2019 C63s Coupe
Originally Posted by 4dr.no
I would go with a car hoist in the garage if you have enough room.
​​​​​​
I did look into hoists a while back and realised my ceiling height is too low...
​​​​​​
Old 05-11-2021, 02:37 PM

Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts
2021 AMG C63 Coupe
#1 problem lol
(always needing to make sure the car is clean before the cover goes on).

However this looks legit , and OCD.
I like it thou.