W205 C63S camber inquiry

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2021, 05:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w204 c63, w205 C63s
W205 C63S camber inquiry

Hello,

I have the w205 c63s sedan with 20 inches wheels( front 9J ET30, back 10J ET50), front tires 255, back 275.
Currently lowered my car with H&R lowering spring and the driving quality is good enough, but the camber is way too negative( front -2.47,-2.29 rear -2.35, -2.20).
I'm trying to adjust the cambers but wondering does anyone have any suggestion of ideal camber range for this car?
Thank you
Old 05-26-2021, 05:24 AM

Received 80 Likes on 57 Posts
2019 C63S Sedan
It's more personal preference imo.
If you want longer tire life then probably something like 1.5-1.8 for the front and around 1 for the rear.
I'm lowered on eibachs and the front didn't change too much from stock after so just left it but the rears I got adjustable camber arms and set it to stock camber angle. My toe is front 0 rear 1 as toe in/out wears tires out way more quickly than camber.
The following users liked this post:
FLC63s (05-26-2021)
Old 05-27-2021, 12:20 PM

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
C63 AMG
I'm curious what the OEM range values are.

As mentioned above, you may need adjustable bushing kit for proper alignment and to bring camber back up. When lowered the camber will naturally become more negative and the stockers don't allow much adjustment. There's a few threads on the Kmac adjustable bushing kit thats available.

Last edited by 1slick_c63amg; 05-27-2021 at 12:23 PM.
Old 05-30-2021, 11:34 PM
SPONSOR

Received 155 Likes on 125 Posts
Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
Originally Posted by 1slick_c63amg
I'm curious what the OEM range values are.

As mentioned above, you may need adjustable bushing kit for proper alignment and to bring camber back up. When lowered the camber will naturally become more negative and the stockers don't allow much adjustment. There's a few threads on the Kmac adjustable bushing kit thats available.
Excess Negative Camber....
Costly, Premature, Inner Edge Tire Wear.

Comes down to the basics - “that OEM there is no longer Camber (or Caster) adjustment”. Only Toe “directional” adjustment !

All to do with cost cutting and the ever increasing speed of OEM assembly lines.

NEW CAR INDUSTRY'S BEST KEPT SECRET. OWNERS GOING FROM ONE DEALER OR ALIGNMENT SHOP TO THE NEXT ONLY TO ADJUST, RE ADJUST “TOE SETTINGS”
(OR CONTINUALLY CHANGING TIRE BRANDS).

Excess Camber (visually identified – front or rear wheel squat) “Camber adjustment” is essential. Allowing to change, fine tune tire contact angles. Spread load more evenly. Excess edge load also leading to higher impact, ruptured side walls, rim damage.

While front “Caster” adjustment allows to compensate for Camber change, along with the ability to correctly resolve steering pull and improve directional control.

WE SAW THE NEED TO FIX IT RIGHT THE 1ST. TIME – BY RE-INSTATING FROM THE EARLY 90'S FULL FRONT AND REAR ADJUSTMENT
(NOT ONLY FOR DAY TO DAY COMMUTING - ENCOUNTERING HIGH CAMBERED ROADS OR ALTERED HEIGHT OR FITTING WIDE PROFILE TIRES. BUT ALSO FOR “TRACK DAYS” - IN THE PURSUIT OF FRONT ROW OF THE GRID LAP TIMES).

KMAC has the experience of resolving such OEM suspension shortcomings since 1964. Not with relabelled imports, but “in-house” manufacture allowing both total control over quality and rapid, ongoing development. Then combined with competition proving – All ensuring to be at the forefront re very latest design breakthroughs. See website “About Us”.

FRONT C63S KITS:

1. #503316-1G Priced right at $295 (Both Sides)
(less then the cost of one high performance tire).

This popular kit allows precise single wrench adjustment providing front “Camber” (lower arm inner bushes). Up to 1.5 degrees Positive or Negative. More then enough to resolve most premature tire wear issues. Includes bush extraction tool allowing fitment without arm removal.

2. #503316-2J Also Priced right at $395 (Both Sides)
Both “Camber and Caster” adjustable. Alternative – or extra adjustment for Track days. Again fit without need for arm removal – bush extraction tool included. Replaces the 4 upper arm inner bushings. Up to 1.5 degrees Positive or Negative. Unlike welded fabricated upper arms kit allows the security of retaining the OEM hi strength forged alloy arms.

3. #503316K Ultimate kit $480 (Both Sides)
Both Camber and Caster adjustable. Replacing all 4 lower arm bushings (the highest wearing). Camber (#1.) and the forward facing thrust arm bushes for Caster.

Caster bushes are Monoball / 2 Axis replacing the OEM soft rubber, oil and air voided bushings. Still allowing arms to travel through their required suspension arcs without binding, locking up. Yet significant improvement to brake and steering response. Outperforming spherical bearings having more then twice the load bearing, impact area.

Unique patented design allows precise, single wrench adjustment, accurately (under load) direct on alignment rack.

REAR SUSPENSION – C63S

#502326-1K $480 (Both Sides)
You can purchase (inaccurate one offset position) Camber plates for the lower arm inner mounts. KMAC design breakthrough / upgrade here is “precise single wrench” adjustment and “doubling” the existing adjustment range (plus kit includes “extra Toe adjustment” to cater for the Camber change). These KMAC (performance bushings) also include bush extraction tool allowing fitment without need for arm removal.

4. #502226-3M $595 (Both Sides)
Replacing the “Upper arms” providing Camber adjustment (also extra Toe adjustment to compensate) NOTE: Keep in mind lower arms retain important clearance “top of tire to outer fender” when wanting to resolve premature inner edge tire wear. While upper arms reduce this clearance !

5. #502628K $480 (Both Sides).
Another popular kit (replacing the '6' multi link rear arm bushings). Provides less rear end twitch, flex, loss of traction. Especially when applying power to lane change / overtake.

Delivery $40 one kit ($20 each extra)

1888 844 9099 (24/7) Worlds Largest Range (Street or Track) Front & Rear Adjuster Kits – Audi to Volvo

Old 05-31-2021, 01:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 149 Likes on 123 Posts
C63s Cabriolet, BMW M4, Civic
Originally Posted by dctwc63s
I but the rears I got adjustable camber arms .
What brand did you got?
Old 05-31-2021, 05:42 AM

2019 C63S Sedan
Originally Posted by Klinh
What brand did you got?
A brand called Hardrace.
Old 05-31-2021, 07:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 399 Likes on 307 Posts
AMG C63s Sedan , AMG C43 , AMG G63 , GLK 250
@K-Mac since your a sponsor, why dont you STOP spamming all the threads !!?

1slick_c63amg (06-01-2021)
Old 05-31-2021, 09:33 AM

2019 C63S Sedan
I would of considered purchasing front and rear sets since it's aussie made but every thread I have searched looking for info on lowering and camber I see his posts which are like force feeding someone something they may or may not want which just turns me away from their products completely.
Yea he may be trying to help but at this point and from what I've seen it's way too excessive (thought vendors have their own threads to spam).
Old 05-31-2021, 09:47 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,417 Likes on 2,856 Posts
2012 CLS63

Last edited by hyperion667; 06-18-2021 at 11:02 AM.
Old 06-02-2021, 07:27 AM
SPONSOR

Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
Do apologize to all. We being over enthusiastic. It was all about after more then 20 years of design and development finally achieving the goal of Camber and Caster adjuster kits not requiring any mods for virtually every model.

Campaign certainly did help to awaken many owners to the fact “full” front and rear alignment (even a C63'S') is only Toe adjustment.

End of the day we are only small niche dedicated aftermarket suspension manufacturers. So again apologize for any upset. Even though would like to see some frustration directed towards the highly profitable new car industry re costly, edge tire wear and.... “is within factory specs”.... ”there is nothing more we can do”, putting the onus back on owner to fund premature tire purchases.

Very best regards Kevin
KMAC Mercedes Catalog
Old 06-02-2021, 04:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 421 Likes on 304 Posts
AMG C63s
Originally Posted by K-Mac
Do apologize to all. We being over enthusiastic. It was all about after more then 20 years of design and development finally achieving the goal of Camber and Caster adjuster kits not requiring any mods for virtually every model.

Campaign certainly did help to awaken many owners to the fact “full” front and rear alignment (even a C63'S') is only Toe adjustment.

End of the day we are only small niche dedicated aftermarket suspension manufacturers. So again apologize for any upset. Even though would like to see some frustration directed towards the highly profitable new car industry re costly, edge tire wear and.... “is within factory specs”.... ”there is nothing more we can do”, putting the onus back on owner to fund premature tire purchases.

Very best regards Kevin
KMAC Mercedes Catalog
I am about to install your front kit (yeah, I am lowered and eating tires) and nothing wrong with posting in my mind. Only suggestion I have is your posts are wordy/lengthy and as a novice you start rolling your eyes which kit should one get...sometimes too much detail is detrimental as enticing as it may be.
Old 06-12-2021, 09:33 PM

Received 54 Likes on 37 Posts
17 C63S coupe
Bought these rear camber arms a while ago but have yet to install. Wish they made other suspension parts for our platform.. silverproject.eu

Old 06-15-2021, 03:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
Well, just got a call from my shop and they want 8h install time each side for the K-MAC front bushing kit. Ouch. Explained they have to remove control arm, remove bushings, put it all back together and so forth. Anybody has an estimate what it should take? Seems excessive and for sure install cost is many times than the deceiving cost of parts.

Last edited by tobeit; 06-15-2021 at 05:49 PM.
Old 06-15-2021, 06:18 PM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
2016 C63S W205 2019 E63S W213
Originally Posted by tobeit
Well, just got a call from my shop and they want 8h install time each side for the K-MAC front bushing kit. Ouch. Explained they have to remove control arm, remove bushings, put it all back together and so forth. Anybody has an estimate what it should take? Seems excessive and for sure install cost is many times than the deceiving cost of parts.
I've literally been to 4 shops and they all tell me they cant do it or they dont know how lol
Old 06-15-2021, 08:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
Originally Posted by Alec63
I've literally been to 4 shops and they all tell me they cant do it or they dont know how lol
I also tried a few. Most don’t want to touch it and the one who does quotes by the book as they have never done one of our models. So, in addition to being ridiculous expensive to install (even though they told me they will charge just actual time once they get going) I am not sure I want someone who has never done it install it. I read too many issues about wrong installs causing issues with the K-Mac kits. So, for now, I just had toe adjusted and that’s it. My camber is between -2.7 to -3.1…i know that’s a lot but I am pretty low (maybe 5mm top fender gap).
Old 06-16-2021, 12:13 AM
SPONSOR

Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
The hi-performance C63 ‘S’ OEM not having front Camber and Caster or rear Camber (only front and rear Toe “directional” adjustment) is a concern.

At KMAC it’s all about providing front and rear kits to provide adjustment to reduce costly / premature edge tire wear or to be able to change settings for track days in the pursuit of front row of the grid lap times.

Yes the criteria is SIMPLEST POSSIBLE fitment, Ease / Quickness of adjustment, competition proving for strength / reliability.

SO FOR THE C63 ‘S’ HAVE PRODUCED ‘3’ Front kits and ‘2’ Rear kits.
(Have attached all instruction sheets)

Most popular Front kit:
#503316K
$480 (Both Sides)
Replaces the 4 lower arm highest wearing inner bushes for Camber and Caster. Precise single wrench adjustment.
Forward facing thrust arm (Caster bushings) are Mono ball / 2 Axis significantly improving brake and steering response. Outperforming spherical bearings having two and a half times the load bearing impact area.

#503316-1 $295 (Both Sides)
Is above Camber (only) adjustable bushes.
Extraction tool included for both above Camber P/N’s allowing fitment without need for arm removal.

While actual adjustment is simplicity. Last 40 or so years it required the time consuming trial and error need to remove and replace a bushing at a certain setting.

KMAC patented design revolutionized this. Now bush is inserted in any position and precisely adjusted accurately (under load) direct on alignment rack.

PROBLEM WITH INSTALLERS IS HOW CAN THIS POSSIBLY WORK. Where is the chart to indicate bush setting placement !

....but once they get their head around it they realise the simplicity (often said simplest design is the best design).

#503316-2J $395 (Both Sides)
Extra adjustment or alternative. Replaces the 4 upper arm inner bushes. Also with bush extraction tool allowing to fit without arm removal.

This KMAC design also has the security of retaining the OEM hi-strength forged alloy arms. Not replacing with welded, fabricated arms.

FOR THE REAR:
#502326-1
$480 (Both Sides)
C63 ‘S’ lower control arm inner bushes you can purchase inaccurate / one offset position Camber plates.

While KMAC design provides “precise” single wrench adjustment and “doubles” the adjustment range plus also includes extra Toe adjustment to compensate.

#502226-1M $595 (Both Sides)
Upper turnbuckle adjustable arms (plus extra Toe adjustment to compensate). Chrom Moly hi-strength tubular arms not soft extruded aluminum.

NOTE: Advantage of lower arm adjustment is that it retains important clearance top of tire to outer fender when wanting to resolve premature inner edge wear.
Also track days increases track width. Upper arms reduces this outer fender clearance.

502226-3M 502326-1K 503316-1G 503316-2J 503316K

Last edited by K-Mac; 06-16-2021 at 12:21 AM.
Old 06-16-2021, 12:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
The hi-performance C63 ‘S’ OEM not having front Camber and Caster or rear Camber (only front and rear Toe “directional” adjustment) is a concern.

At KMAC it’s all about providing front and rear kits to provide adjustment to reduce costs / premature edge tire wear or to be able to change settings for track days in the pursuit of front row of the grid lap times.

Yes the criteria is SIMPLEST POSSIBLE fitment, Ease / Quickness of adjustment, competition proving for strength / reliability.

SO FOR THE C63 ‘S’ HAVE PRODUCED ‘3’ Front kits and ‘2’ Rear kits.
(Have attached all instruction sheets)

Most popular Front kit:
#503316K
$480 (Both Sides)
Replaces the 4 lower arm highest wearing inner bushes for precise single wrench adjustment.
Forward facing thrust arm (Caster bushings) are Mono ball / 2 Axis significantly improving brake and steering response. Outperforming spherical bearings having two and a half time the load bearing impact area.

#503316-1 $295 (Both Sides)
Is above Camber (only) adjustable bushes.
Extraction tool included for both above Camber P/N’s allowing fitment without need for arm removal.

While actual adjustment is simplicity. Last 40 or so years it required the time consuming trial and error need to remove and replace a bushing at a certain setting.

KMAC patented design revolutionized this. Now bush is inserted in any position and precisely adjusted accurately (under load) direct on alignment rack.

PROBLEM WITH INSTALLERS IS HOW CAN THIS POSSIBLY WORK. Where is the chart to indicate bush setting placement !

....but once they get their head around it they realise the simplicity (often said simplest design is the best design).

#503316-2J $395 (Both Sides)
Extra adjustment or alternative. Replaces the 4 upper arm inner bushes. Also with bush extraction tool allowing to fit without arm removal.

This KMAC design also has the security of retaining the OEM hi-strength forged alloy arms. Not replacing with welded, fabricated arms.

FOR THE REAR:
#502326-1
$480 (Both Sides)
C63 ‘S’ lower control arm inner bushes you can purchase inaccurate / one offset position Camber plates.

While KMAC design provides “precise” single wrench adjustment and “doubles” the adjustment range plus also includes extra Toe adjustment to compensate.

#502226-1M $595 (Both Sides)
Upper turnbuckle adjustable arms (plus extra Toe adjustment to compensate). Chrom Moly hi-strength tubular arms not soft extruded aluminum.

NOTE: Advantage of lower arm adjustment is that it retains important clearance top of tire to outer fender when wanting to resolve premature inner edge wear.
Also track days increases track width. Upper arms reduces this outer fender clearance.

502226-3M 502326-1K 503316-1G 503316-2J 503316K
really man, we talk about not finding installers wanting to install your “easy to install kits” and the best response you got is copy-paste of your entire spiel of selling your kits. I am utterly disappointed.
The following 2 users liked this post by tobeit:
Alec63 (06-16-2021), ThePayola (07-25-2021)
Old 06-16-2021, 02:46 AM
SPONSOR

Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
1. Did provide instructions for the '3' front and '2' rear options manufactured.

2. As pointed out performance vehicle yet no front or rear adjustment ex factory.

3.Role of the “aftermarket” is to make up for and design, rectify these OEM shortcomings

4. Criteria:
Design so no structural mods needed
Design so no special tools required
Minimal fitment time
Accuracy and quickest adjustment
Maximum adjustment range possible
Competition proving for strength, durability and ongoing development

Apologize, but doing our best Kevin

Last edited by K-Mac; 06-16-2021 at 04:53 AM.
Old 06-16-2021, 03:08 AM

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
W205 AMG
1. Did provide instructions for the “3 front and 2 rear” options manufactured.

2. As pointed out performance vehicle yet no front or rear adjustment ex factory.

3.Role of the “aftermarket” is to make up for and design, rectify these OEM shortcomings

4. Criteria:
Design so no structural mods needed
Design so no special tools required
Minimal fitment time
Accuracy and quickest possible adjustment
Maximum adjustment range possible
Strength and durability.
Competition proving for strength and durability

Apologize, but doing our best Kevin
🤦🏻. K-Mac, you’re a gem…….
nbennettksu (07-27-2021)
Old 06-16-2021, 09:04 AM

2019 C63S Sedan
Why not just get camber arms? Simple install and adjustment.
Read a few threads on the kmacs both good and bad but just from the few that mention install and post issues would put me off camber bushings.
I've had rear camber arms installed with 7000km on them so far with no issues or noises at all and the roads here are trash. Still haven't found front camber arms that I like yet except for the carbahn ones but I'm having a hard time trying to get them.
Old 06-17-2021, 04:58 AM

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts
2018 e63s edition 1
H&R springs, spacers, 255/275 ps4s and nothing else.

17000km (10500 miles) when I took these pics of front and rear.

Old 06-17-2021, 05:14 AM

2019 C63S Sedan
Originally Posted by ShaneN.
H&R springs, spacers, 255/275 ps4s and nothing else.

17000km (10500 miles) when I took these pics of front and rear.

Tires still look like they have plenty of life still. More than double the kms on my current tires and your on hr springs too.
Curious what your camber and toe numbers were after lowering.
I will be able to take a look at my tires in 2 weeks when the car goes in for an exhaust.
Old 06-17-2021, 01:10 PM

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
C63 AMG
Couple notes after reading this thread:

1. KMAC jeez you guys are brutal. Can't follow any of your posts with all your clutter and copy/paste bull****. It would be much more pleasant if you contributed posts with something relevant to the topic. And from a marketing standpoint - keep it simple and more personable with actual written out answers.

2. @ShaneN. Tires don't look bad at all. Do you by chance have your alignment specs you can share with us? Toe and Camber specifically?

3. I plan to lower on KW HAS, what would be best option to keep camber/toe within stock specs? I cant understand anything KMAC posts is there any other options out there that are both ideal and somewhat cost effective? (dont mind spending the extra dollar if it's worth it, just dont want to by a whole kit if its unnecessary. I don't track the car, just mostly spirited driving).
Old 06-17-2021, 01:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
Originally Posted by 1slick_c63amg
Couple notes after reading this thread:

1. KMAC jeez you guys are brutal. Can't follow any of your posts with all your clutter and copy/paste bull****. It would be much more pleasant if you contributed posts with something relevant to the topic. And from a marketing standpoint - keep it simple and more personable with actual written out answers.

2. @ShaneN. Tires don't look bad at all. Do you by chance have your alignment specs you can share with us? Toe and Camber specifically?

3. I plan to lower on KW HAS, what would be best option to keep camber/toe within stock specs? I cant understand anything KMAC posts is there any other options out there that are both ideal and somewhat cost effective? (dont mind spending the extra dollar if it's worth it, just dont want to by a whole kit if its unnecessary. I don't track the car, just mostly spirited driving).
I have a KMAC front camber kit for sale ...

I am on KW HAS and lowered to pretty much the max with my tire/wheel spec (less then 5mm gap between tire and fender). I just had my alignment checked when I tried to install the KMAC and my camber varies between -2.7 to -3.1 across all 4 corners. My front tires last about 5k miles with that....rear is about twice as much. My front may had been made worse as toe was off too. So, I now have new tires and toe is all good - will see how long the front's last now (I am on PS4).
Old 06-17-2021, 05:45 PM

2019 C63S Sedan
Originally Posted by tobeit
I have a KMAC front camber kit for sale ...

I am on KW HAS and lowered to pretty much the max with my tire/wheel spec (less then 5mm gap between tire and fender). I just had my alignment checked when I tried to install the KMAC and my camber varies between -2.7 to -3.1 across all 4 corners. My front tires last about 5k miles with that....rear is about twice as much. My front may had been made worse as toe was off too. So, I now have new tires and toe is all good - will see how long the front's last now (I am on PS4).
That is some epic camber right there!
How far off was your toe?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: W205 C63S camber inquiry