Sponsored by:

Factory boost issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2021, 10:33 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2021 c63s coupe
Factory boost issues

Long one. First and for most a huge shout-out to eurocharged performance for being so helpful in this situation. I'll admit at first I got a little more fed up with them then I should have and they stuck through it, flew a guy out to my location to diagnose if it was their tune or not free of charge to me. Fantastic company and I'd recommend doing any tuning through them. They stand behind their products and always answer the phone even when they knew I had my grumpy pants on.

Anyways on to the symptoms. Brand new 2021 c63s. 2 weeks into it I get an engine code. Basic scanner says it's a manifold pressure sensor. Clear code. Bring it into dealership. They say it's normal and the car is just learning and they can't find anything wrong with the sensor s. Okie Dokie. Get to about 1000 miles. Throw a catless exhaust on, eurocharged stage 2, cpc and TCU tune. Well the car falls out of boost at 5k Rpms every time. I'm able to hit target boost around 22-24 and right at 5k it drops back to 17 psi even tho my target is still at 22-24. I of course blame eurocharged. They sent me like 6 different tunes to try to no avail. availStep one: replace factory bov's with turbo smart. No go. Eurocharged talks about flying somebody out. In the meantime I'm thinking those stock air boxes look restrictive so I replace them with burger motorsports ones in hopes that fixes my top end boost issue. No change.
E Eurocharged flys out. Jerry took time out of his own birthday to work with his guy remotely to try to tune this puppy. End result is this car has to have a boost leak, send it to the dealership to diagnose.
Anyways my dealership said there was no issue I had it tuned and they would work with me.
They come back, say with their equipment they can't find any problems. Agree the car is broke but with no engine codes or obvious leaks they can't go any further. They say I'm more then welcome to have a 3rd party shop do a smoke test that can pressurize my system (theirs can't) and they would honor that if that shop found something. Get into a shop the next week, they find a leak off the pcv system that lets oil drain back off the turbo inlet pipe (

https://youtube.com/shorts/D5tjtvPKQR0?feature=share ). Not really the boost leak I was looking for but it appears the pcv system and some manifold pressure hoses are connected so I had high hopes. Better yet that weekend the car threw some awesome codes for me. See all attached photos.
for giggles I tune the car back to stock, with the stock cpc. Car runs like absolute garbage ( video is with the stage 2 tune on stock cpc. Runs even worse with stock ecu https://youtube.com/shorts/-iAYAZYpO6Q?feature=share ). Even better.

Anyways dealership goes to diagnose my car round 2. Says they can't find any leaks and my manifold pressure sensor code is due to my aftermarket intakes getting my temps to hot. I tell them according to my logs they are cooler running and flow better and more than happy to provide links to my logs to prove so, and that my code says that sensor has a short to the positive and I'd love if they could go through the wiring or replace the sensor. They had non of that. Advise me to bring stock intakes down. I have a little hissy fit with them saying they couldn't diagnose it with the stock intakes on so why would it matter now and that the sensor has nothing to do with anything before the turbo. They argue with me so I tell them to bag fixing the sensor, and if they would replace the bad part the 3rd party found I would appreciate that and hopefully it fixes the sensor code as well.
get a call from the gm of that store. He says their tech can't find a leak and can't find anything wrong with the car. I reminded him his service manager told me he would honor a 3rd party diagnosing because they didn't have the right equipment. He laughed at me, said no I don't trust another shop and that he has the best techs around. I told him his techs must have their heads up there *** because they can't find anything wrong with this obviously broken car but another shop was able too. Bad move because he told me to come pick up the car. I said your realize I'll clam it as a lemon and he said good luck because your banned from our store. Anyways his corporation is dealing with him atm. They said I'm still allowed their and would like to try again as they don't want to claim it as a lemon (this is on top of the Snapchat videos I got sent of them reving my car for about 2 mins just to make a Snapchat video and then one of them locking a tech in the trunk of my car for a giggle.)Anyways car is going to a different dealership on the 6th. Ill have stock air boxes on and bov's for them. Mbusa said my exhaust was no issue as it's under the emissions warranty and not my power train. Worst comes to worse they will send an engineer out.

So stock tune and cpc, car runs like crap. Stage 2 ecu stock cpc car runs better but still poop (see linked YouTube video above)Stage 2 ecu and tuned cpc the car is running awesome on bottom end but still falls out of boost on top back to stock psi levels.
weird things are going on I'll tell ya what. Also the car only throws codes on a tuned ecu and only does it about 3 times and then stops.
Another weird thing is running my stock ecu tune for about 200 miles it never threw a code for my catless exhaust.

Hopefully nobody else experiences this but if so I'll keep this thread for updates.
Old 06-23-2021, 06:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 374 Likes on 275 Posts
2005 E55
My car did the same thing. It's in a soft limp mode and looks like you are unlucky like me and your car hates intakes. Those crankcase codes put your car in soft limp and cut boost. You need to run oem boxes and clear codes with xentry.

my car had these issues and was on oe tune and still had top end problems and saw the dealership 3 times. Each time they said the car is working perfectly.

I had great mid range and the car would fall on it's face past 4500 rpms and loafing the stock tune the car felt like 300hp.

Kirklandhans worked with me and gave me 3 files and the car is a rocket ship now and holds full boost till 6k. Unfortunately I can't run intakes because my car pends those crankcase codes the second I put them on and he could delete the codes from popping up but we decided to run it without intakes for now.

I been there and for me the firmware change on the ecu and tuning from Kirklandhans fixed my issues.
Old 06-24-2021, 10:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 421 Likes on 304 Posts
AMG C63s
Originally Posted by skratch77
My car did the same thing. It's in a soft limp mode and looks like you are unlucky like me and your car hates intakes. ... Unfortunately I can't run intakes because my car pends those crankcase codes the second I put them on
Never heard that. What intakes did you use? Not even sure how that could happen when all what they do is increase the airflow.
Old 06-24-2021, 10:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by tobeit
Never heard that. What intakes did you use? Not even sure how that could happen when all what they do is increase the airflow.
You need xentry to see these codes and its from the map sensors in the intakes.
Old 06-24-2021, 11:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
You need xentry to see these codes and its from the map sensors in the intakes.
You mean the air quality sensors in the OEM box that read the vacuum/pressure to detect dirty or clogged filters? They just need to stay connected as far as I know when changing intakes and useless for open intakes anyway.
Old 06-24-2021, 11:59 AM

Received 298 Likes on 214 Posts
AMG GLC 63s Coupe
My car did the same thing. It's in a soft limp mode and looks like you are unlucky like me and your car hates intakes. Those crankcase codes put your car in soft limp and cut boost. .
Something is way off on that. It makes no sense whatsoever. What intake did you try, I don't think that matters either but just curious.

I have tried 3 different intakes on mine and they all worked just fine.
The following users liked this post:
tobeit (06-24-2021)
Old 06-24-2021, 12:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by ParadigmDawg
Something is way off on that. It makes no sense whatsoever. What intake did you try, I don't think that matters either but just curious.

I have tried 3 different intakes on mine and they all worked just fine.
Like I said most don't have this problem but I know 2 other cars that do and now this car.. most people don't have acrss to xentry and have no idea there car is in a limp mode and blame it to low battery lol.

I can go 2 months with zero codes in xentry and withing 5 min of installing intakes and putting the sensors out the filters my car pends crankcase ventilation codes and limits boost up top. Tried like 500 different setups to not pend the codes with no luck.
Old 06-24-2021, 12:14 PM

AMG GLC 63s Coupe
Like I said most don't have this problem but I know 2 other cars that do and now this car.. most people don't have acrss to xentry and have no idea there car is in a limp mode and blame it to low battery lol.

I can go 2 months with zero codes in xentry and withing 5 min of installing intakes and putting the sensors out the filters my car pends crankcase ventilation codes and limits boost up top. Tried like 500 different setups to not pend the codes with no luck.
You are keeping the sensors connected to the wire harness, correct? It doesn't matter if they are connected to the airbox or not.

I would notice pretty quickly if my car was missing 500 or 600 hp...lol.. how could anyone miss that?
Old 06-24-2021, 12:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
You are keeping the sensors connected to the wire harness, correct? It doesn't matter if they are connected to the airbox or not.

I would notice pretty quickly if my car was missing 500 or 600 hp...lol.. how could anyone miss that?
Ptg told me it's caused from the intakes as a few companies do it. It's not a huge power drop its limiting power and most people would not know it.

I'm just letting the op know the crankcase codes are from the intakes before he tears his whole car apart trying to diagnose it because I been there.

Last edited by skratch77; 06-24-2021 at 12:58 PM.
Old 06-24-2021, 02:20 PM

AMG GLC 63s Coupe
Ptg told me it's caused from the intakes as a few companies do it. It's not a huge power drop its limiting power and most people would not know it.

I'm just letting the op know the crankcase codes are from the intakes before he tears his whole car apart trying to diagnose it because I been there.
I just don't buy it but I know you are an intelligent gentleman and you know a lot of details about cars so I will just leave it alone.
Old 06-24-2021, 02:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
I just don't buy it but I know you are an intelligent gentleman and you know a lot of details about cars so I will just leave it alone.
Yea I guess wasting money on my car is made up lol.. I just installed them again this morning and I'll scan the car when I get home.. do you have a xentry setup?

Here is some values those AIR QUALITY show I'm xentry and vidiamo

Old 06-24-2021, 02:34 PM

AMG GLC 63s Coupe
Yea I guess wasting money on my car is made up lol.. I just installed them again this morning and I'll scan the car when I get home.. do you have a xentry setup?

Here is some values those AIR QUALITY show I'm xentry and vidiamo

My shop has one and my car shows nothing weird. My intake mimics the stock one a lot so maybe that's it?
Old 06-26-2021, 10:25 AM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2013 C63 Coupe P31 2021 GLC63s Coupe
Originally Posted by rammengutzstien
Long one. First and for most a huge shout-out to eurocharged performance....

How do you remove this pcv connecter? I am going to remove mine to see if it's the same.
Old 09-23-2021, 03:26 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2021 c63s coupe
So update on this. Dealership tried all they could and couldn't get it figured out. The actual Mercedes Benz engineering team turned me away due to the cattless exhaust
I got xentry, even with cleaning all codes the car would not run right. I also had codes for my exhaust valves, I fixed that so my exhaust valves read right. I tore into the car myself, I took electrical for the boost sensor downstream of the throttle valve off, cleaned it, checked all the wiring the best I could. Put dielectric grease on the connection and back together it went.

I still was only making about 10 psi on the top end with no engine codes and about 200 miles on the car with no codes. Completely stock minus my cattless exhaust system

At this point I dig around some more and see that I'm able to reset my mixture formation values with xentry, so I did that. And low and behold this pile of crap actually made some power. My dash was saying about 460 hp and 512 torque. The best it's ran since I bought it. Before I was lucky to see that thing say over 350 hp. I was absolutely stoked! I drove it for about 100 miles. Things where still good.

I went to go throw my front brace back on, re zip tie my engine harness and clean it all back up. I decided throwing my turbosmart bovs on first would be easier now than later. And bam. Bad news bears.

This had to of happened within the last 300 miles because after I messed with my pressure sensor I reattached my air boxes and didn't clamp my bov hoses down and blew that driver's side bov hose off the air box. So that sucks
Pray for me.
2021 c63, with 14000 miles I've never had this car run correctly until the last 100 and now this.
​​​​​​Anyways conclusion is that somehow I killed the brains to my ecu and had to reset the mixture formation values via xentry/I modded the car too quickly before it set itself in stone and confused the hell out of it
Old 09-24-2021, 11:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 399 Likes on 307 Posts
AMG C63s Sedan , AMG C43 , AMG G63 , GLK 250
So update on this. Dealership tried all they could and couldn't get it figured out. The actual Mercedes Benz engineering team turned me away due to the cattless exhaust
I got xentry, even with cleaning all codes the car would not run right. I also had codes for my exhaust valves, I fixed that so my exhaust valves read right. I tore into the car myself, I took electrical for the boost sensor downstream of the throttle valve off, cleaned it, checked all the wiring the best I could. Put dielectric grease on the connection and back together it went.

I still was only making about 10 psi on the top end with no engine codes and about 200 miles on the car with no codes. Completely stock minus my cattless exhaust system

At this point I dig around some more and see that I'm able to reset my mixture formation values with xentry, so I did that. And low and behold this pile of crap actually made some power. My dash was saying about 460 hp and 512 torque. The best it's ran since I bought it. Before I was lucky to see that thing say over 350 hp. I was absolutely stoked! I drove it for about 100 miles. Things where still good.

I went to go throw my front brace back on, re zip tie my engine harness and clean it all back up. I decided throwing my turbosmart bovs on first would be easier now than later. And bam. Bad news bears.

This had to of happened within the last 300 miles because after I messed with my pressure sensor I reattached my air boxes and didn't clamp my bov hoses down and blew that driver's side bov hose off the air box. So that sucks
Pray for me.
2021 c63, with 14000 miles I've never had this car run correctly until the last 100 and now this.
​​​​​​Anyways conclusion is that somehow I killed the brains to my ecu and had to reset the mixture formation values via xentry/I modded the car too quickly before it set itself in stone and confused the hell out of it
Yea I would have said and do tell people to wait until @2K miles before adding mods or tunes.. EC should have said something and NOT tuned a car that hasnt even went thru the first 1K mile break in,
Thats crap as well. !!

These cars have tons of learning params, and they cycle thru time/miles period... and even that you went thru and touch it with Xentry, you got lucky... some systems will cross talk, and if they dont match, it will get nuts as well.

Glad you got it figured out man, but sucks that your noted with MB... hopefully they will still honor some warrenty for you, but if its anything serious and MB corp has to hookup to it, I am afraid they will see all that was done and deny deny deny.. :-(
Old 09-24-2021, 11:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
I would be more worry what is on that diverter valve? Looks like some kind of metallic debris?
Old 09-24-2021, 11:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 521 Likes on 353 Posts
700HP Facelift converted PFL C63 S Coupe
Fu*kn hell what's all that gunk on the diverter valve? Can you take some more close up pics? This has made me curious I want to take my DV off and have a poke around too.

I'm sorry you've gone through such hard times with this car. Would have thought an honest "tuner" would have at least told you to cool your jets and no mods until break in.

Hang in there bud 350hp now 460hp hoping to hear it over +500hp soon 🙏
Old 09-24-2021, 12:04 PM

Received 206 Likes on 133 Posts
C63 S Coupe

This pic......... really makes me want to touch this cotton looking stuff or smell it
Old 09-24-2021, 12:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 521 Likes on 353 Posts
700HP Facelift converted PFL C63 S Coupe
Originally Posted by George_1992
This pic......... really makes me want to touch this cotton looking stuff or smell it
Touch then rub it on your ballz

Last edited by Jimmy_c63s; 09-24-2021 at 12:15 PM.
miamiboy (04-21-2022)
Old 09-24-2021, 12:16 PM

Received 206 Likes on 133 Posts
C63 S Coupe
Originally Posted by Jimmy_c63s
Touch then rub it on your ballz

Wexlax732 (10-03-2021)
Old 09-24-2021, 01:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I wondering if the tune overboosted , and the turbos got HOT AF, and this was threading ?? (from the hot air/intakes/manifolds etc etc)

Can that stuff pull out of it ? or is it solid , melted ??
Old 09-24-2021, 01:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
Originally Posted by FLC63s
I wondering if the tune overboosted , and the turbos got HOT AF, and this was threading ?? (from the hot air/intakes/manifolds etc etc)

Can that stuff pull out of it ? or is it solid , melted ??
...and I would be worry if that is found there what found its way back into the turbo's....
Old 09-24-2021, 02:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by tobeit
...and I would be worry if that is found there what found its way back into the turbo's....
I agree ... OP was this solid material ? or what ?

Secondly, share the vids of them locking the dude in the trunk, that would be awesome!!

Only issue I see is this ... in your orginal complaint (post starting thread) you stated : " Says they can't find any leaks and my manifold pressure sensor code is due to my aftermarket intakes getting my temps to hot " , regardless of what you do, or try to do, if MB corp hooks up to your car, they are going to see every little thing that was done, changed, attempted, etc etc.. and more so if you did the TCU, man.. I just hope you were not worried about a warranty.
And if you did file a Lemon claim, 10000% they would find that instantly and hand it back to you.

:-(

but moving fwd, give us some insight on what that material is, then you can get other minds working on it.

Not trying to bad name Eurocharged Performance, but its sorta a crap move to tune your car before end of break in, learn in, etc etc , and if they did, then they should have told you 10 times, the ramifications of doing so.
( With that being said, if money is NOT an issue and your like what ever, then let them have at it. )

MB states if you vary from the breakin period, which of course they can see throttle, boost, etc etc etc, that warranty could/would/should be voided etc and blah blah..
*if I were you , i would prob delete the pics that include your vin, just as an FYI (from xentry) as MB has been known to monitor this forum as well.
Old 09-30-2021, 07:49 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
N/a
Long one. First and for most a huge shout-out to eurocharged performance for being so helpful in this situation. I'll admit at first I got a little more fed up with them then I should have and they stuck through it, flew a guy out to my location to diagnose if it was their tune or not free of charge to me. Fantastic company and I'd recommend doing any tuning through them. They stand behind their products and always answer the phone even when they knew I had my grumpy pants on.

Anyways on to the symptoms. Brand new 2021 c63s. 2 weeks into it I get an engine code. Basic scanner says it's a manifold pressure sensor. Clear code. Bring it into dealership. They say it's normal and the car is just learning and they can't find anything wrong with the sensor s. Okie Dokie. Get to about 1000 miles. Throw a catless exhaust on, eurocharged stage 2, cpc and TCU tune. Well the car falls out of boost at 5k Rpms every time. I'm able to hit target boost around 22-24 and right at 5k it drops back to 17 psi even tho my target is still at 22-24. I of course blame eurocharged. They sent me like 6 different tunes to try to no avail. availStep one: replace factory bov's with turbo smart. No go. Eurocharged talks about flying somebody out. In the meantime I'm thinking those stock air boxes look restrictive so I replace them with burger motorsports ones in hopes that fixes my top end boost issue. No change.
E Eurocharged flys out. Jerry took time out of his own birthday to work with his guy remotely to try to tune this puppy. End result is this car has to have a boost leak, send it to the dealership to diagnose.
Anyways my dealership said there was no issue I had it tuned and they would work with me.
They come back, say with their equipment they can't find any problems. Agree the car is broke but with no engine codes or obvious leaks they can't go any further. They say I'm more then welcome to have a 3rd party shop do a smoke test that can pressurize my system (theirs can't) and they would honor that if that shop found something. Get into a shop the next week, they find a leak off the pcv system that lets oil drain back off the turbo inlet pipe (

https://youtube.com/shorts/D5tjtvPKQR0?feature=share ). Not really the boost leak I was looking for but it appears the pcv system and some manifold pressure hoses are connected so I had high hopes. Better yet that weekend the car threw some awesome codes for me. See all attached photos.
for giggles I tune the car back to stock, with the stock cpc. Car runs like absolute garbage ( video is with the stage 2 tune on stock cpc. Runs even worse with stock ecu https://youtube.com/shorts/-iAYAZYpO6Q?feature=share ). Even better.

Anyways dealership goes to diagnose my car round 2. Says they can't find any leaks and my manifold pressure sensor code is due to my aftermarket intakes getting my temps to hot. I tell them according to my logs they are cooler running and flow better and more than happy to provide links to my logs to prove so, and that my code says that sensor has a short to the positive and I'd love if they could go through the wiring or replace the sensor. They had non of that. Advise me to bring stock intakes down. I have a little hissy fit with them saying they couldn't diagnose it with the stock intakes on so why would it matter now and that the sensor has nothing to do with anything before the turbo. They argue with me so I tell them to bag fixing the sensor, and if they would replace the bad part the 3rd party found I would appreciate that and hopefully it fixes the sensor code as well.
get a call from the gm of that store. He says their tech can't find a leak and can't find anything wrong with the car. I reminded him his service manager told me he would honor a 3rd party diagnosing because they didn't have the right equipment. He laughed at me, said no I don't trust another shop and that he has the best techs around. I told him his techs must have their heads up there *** because they can't find anything wrong with this obviously broken car but another shop was able too. Bad move because he told me to come pick up the car. I said your realize I'll clam it as a lemon and he said good luck because your banned from our store. Anyways his corporation is dealing with him atm. They said I'm still allowed their and would like to try again as they don't want to claim it as a lemon (this is on top of the Snapchat videos I got sent of them reving my car for about 2 mins just to make a Snapchat video and then one of them locking a tech in the trunk of my car for a giggle.)Anyways car is going to a different dealership on the 6th. Ill have stock air boxes on and bov's for them. Mbusa said my exhaust was no issue as it's under the emissions warranty and not my power train. Worst comes to worse they will send an engineer out.

So stock tune and cpc, car runs like crap. Stage 2 ecu stock cpc car runs better but still poop (see linked YouTube video above)Stage 2 ecu and tuned cpc the car is running awesome on bottom end but still falls out of boost on top back to stock psi levels.
weird things are going on I'll tell ya what. Also the car only throws codes on a tuned ecu and only does it about 3 times and then stops.
Another weird thing is running my stock ecu tune for about 200 miles it never threw a code for my catless exhaust.

Hopefully nobody else experiences this but if so I'll keep this thread for updates.
Have you found a resolution to your top end boost loss?