Supercharger sound when full trottle

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2021, 05:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63s Coupe
Supercharger sound when full trottle

So i have this issue on my C63s Coupé.
A whining noise (almost like a supercharger sound) that comes only during hard accelerations and are most noticeable from 1st,2nd and 3rd gear. I can also hear some sort of whine or like something is rubbing (like a belt or something) if i drive in a corner a little bit harder.

confirmed by a few people that have driven these that this is not normal.
Suggestions?
Old 07-19-2021, 08:38 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
C63
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-...ml#post8354923

Have a read and look at the links in the thread, think quite a few of us are experiencing similar
Old 07-19-2021, 09:52 AM

C63s Coupe
Thank you!
Do you have a sound clip to show?
Old 07-19-2021, 11:19 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
C63
No sound clip sorry, I’ve convinced myself it’s the diverter valves.

Tried to explain the situation at the dealership but extremely difficult to replicate so ultimately gave up, no loss of power so I’ve learnt to live with this and ‘noises’
The following users liked this post:
Broglen (08-03-2021)
Old 08-03-2021, 03:53 PM

C63s Coupe
Hmm okey!

Do you also get the same sound when you corner hard? Because i also get this kind of strange noise when cornering hard
Old 07-18-2022, 04:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
M3
Im getting a weird whine or like heeeeee sound during wot 3rd gear redline upshifts in sport plus and race mode. Sounds like others have experienced it but no solution or answer as to what it is?
Old 07-18-2022, 04:17 PM

C63s Coupe
Originally Posted by shane060
Im getting a weird whine or like heeeeee sound during wot 3rd gear redline upshifts in sport plus and race mode. Sounds like others have experienced it but no solution or answer as to what it is?

hello!
the problem for me got solved.
mechanic told me that previous service they put the plug a little wrong so there was a tiny hole that leaked tiny amount of oil and maybe was the issue to causing air or something to get inside.

they droppet trans oil pan and searched trough for any damage, no damage, so did a full transmission oil service and the sound was gone. It took us a few attempts to try to find the issue though
Old 07-18-2022, 04:20 PM

M3
Very interesting. Was your sound coming from the trans or did it sound like it was coming from the engine, more so like from behind the drivers side dash area where the top of the intake and engine area was?
Old 07-18-2022, 04:25 PM

C63s Coupe
Very interesting. Was your sound coming from the trans or did it sound like it was coming from the engine, more so like from behind the drivers side dash area where the top of the intake and engine area was?
It sounded like it came from the engine bay/ slightly under me.

they put mics around turbos,engine, intake and sat with headphones listening when i drove the car.

when i floored it / cornered hard, the sound came. They Did not find anything wrong on those test but then connected it to the trans where they heard that sound more and so it began.
Old 07-18-2022, 04:28 PM

M3
So a full transmission service fixed the sound heh. Was this just new transmission oil or the entire kit including new filter, gasket plug, pan oil etc?
Old 07-18-2022, 04:30 PM

C63s Coupe
Originally Posted by Broglen
It sounded like it came from the engine bay/ slightly under me.

they put mics around turbos,engine, intake and sat with headphones listening when i drove the car.

when i floored it / cornered hard, the sound came. They Did not find anything wrong on those test but then connected it to the trans where they heard that sound more and so it began.
So a full transmission service fixed the sound heh. Was this just new transmission oil or the entire kit including new filter, gasket plug, pan oil etc?
this was all, a normal transmission service from MB