C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just purchased my 2020 C63S - Love it... but the sound..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2021, 08:39 AM

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
c63s coupe
Originally Posted by boosted20v
Ok, let's not skate by why this took place.?
GTR just wasn’t a great daily for me. It was much too harsh on the crap roads where I live, too wide for most of them, too wide for most parking spaces and just not very comfortable on long journeys. C63s coupe makes a much better daily, simple as that really. Find I can drive the c63 a lot harder purely because it’s so much softer that it can actually handle the bumps without the suspension getting really upset. Actually don’t miss the GTR at all now which really surprises me.
The following users liked this post:
SM105K (09-20-2021)
Old 09-19-2021, 09:23 AM

Received 94 Likes on 62 Posts
2017 c63s drop top
Originally Posted by rianos
GTR just wasn’t a great daily for me. It was much too harsh on the crap roads where I live, too wide for most of them, too wide for most parking spaces and just not very comfortable on long journeys. C63s coupe makes a much better daily, simple as that really. Find I can drive the c63 a lot harder purely because it’s so much softer that it can actually handle the bumps without the suspension getting really upset. Actually don’t miss the GTR at all now which really surprises me.
Lol I totally get it for a daily, just yanking your chain really. Welcome aboard!
Old 09-23-2021, 06:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lexus IS350
Originally Posted by SpeedLimitGone
Hey All!

I finally pulled the trigger after having my eye on one of these for YEARS! I traded in my 2015 Corvette and got a BEAUTIFUL polar white 2020 C63S !

I had to find a slightly pre owned one as you all know with the market right now (Especially in Canada) there wasn't a new one in all of Canada, however I got one of 3 pre owned ones available so I'm happy!!

This car is an absolute beast and the Germans really know what they are doing, it handles better then any other car I've ever owned. The ONLY thing is that it doesn't quite have that cracking the whip exhaust sound that I was hoping for after seeing previous model C63's in my area. From my research it looks like the new ones have a particulate filter that numbs the sound a bit.

SO I have a question for you C63 Owners..... How do I make this thing SNAP, CRACKLE and POP...

I would prefer solutions that will NOT void the warranty on this as I assume they are not to fun to fix lol. I appreciate any advice on this matter and I look forward to seeing you all on the forum!
so there's actually a software update you could request from the dealership. Not sure if it would be applicable to you, given your model is a later generation one but maybe give it a go next time you're in for a service. Link to the post can be found here: https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-...ore-after.html

Also here's a video of the before and afters. Massive difference. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGfNVxnEcUg&ab_channel=SupercarsFunTimeUK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wonaHZWlfc&t=26s&ab_channel=CadeManning
Old 09-23-2021, 06:31 AM

Received 122 Likes on 86 Posts
2021 C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by myonoshane
so there's actually a software update you could request from the dealership. Not sure if it would be applicable to you, given your model is a later generation one but maybe give it a go next time you're in for a service. Link to the post can be found here: https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-...ore-after.html

Also here's a video of the before and afters. Massive difference. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGfNVxnEcUg&ab_channel=SupercarsFunTimeUK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wonaHZWlfc&t=26s&ab_channel=CadeManning

That old software update is not applicable to FL models
Old 12-07-2021, 11:13 PM

2020 Mercedes C63s AMG
Were you able to do the secondary cat delete? I've called at least half a dozen muffler shops around Dallas area and they refused to do it.
Old 12-07-2021, 11:24 PM

2020 Mercedes C63s AMG
Originally Posted by djprov431
The Renntech module opens the two rear solenoid valves 100% and keeps them there (no modulation) Another benefit is that it remains that way unless you operate the key fob - so when you turn the car off it stays the way you left it. I haven't had a single issue with mine and would recommend it. Note there are other ways to force the solenoid valves open, however this is a clean easy to use mod that is instantly changed by press of a button, or reversible if you sell the car, etc.
After you got the Renntech EVM installed, do you hear the pops and crackles btw 1000-4000 rpm?
Old 12-08-2021, 09:49 AM

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
C63S past: E90 M3 6M, w211 E55
Hey All!

I finally pulled the trigger after having my eye on one of these for YEARS! I traded in my 2015 Corvette and got a BEAUTIFUL polar white 2020 C63S !

I had to find a slightly pre owned one as you all know with the market right now (Especially in Canada) there wasn't a new one in all of Canada, however I got one of 3 pre owned ones available so I'm happy!!

This car is an absolute beast and the Germans really know what they are doing, it handles better then any other car I've ever owned. The ONLY thing is that it doesn't quite have that cracking the whip exhaust sound that I was hoping for after seeing previous model C63's in my area. From my research it looks like the new ones have a particulate filter that numbs the sound a bit.

SO I have a question for you C63 Owners..... How do I make this thing SNAP, CRACKLE and POP...

I would prefer solutions that will NOT void the warranty on this as I assume they are not to fun to fix lol. I appreciate any advice on this matter and I look forward to seeing you all on the forum!
Perhaps find someone with a PFL to do a quick comparison. What I find that inside the car, it's a lot more muted than outside the car. If you do a direct comparison and find that the different isn't as significant as you thought, perhaps you'll be happier with it.

If you're around Windsor, I could always meet up as a comparo.
Old 04-09-2022, 01:12 AM

Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts
2020 C63S
Hey guys!!!

the car is now out of winter hibernation and I’m ready to go!!

I’ve read through all of your helpful comments and looks like I will be ordering the Renntech and cutting out that second cat, should I be trying renntech first before slicing and dicing?

I might have my shop slice that bad boy out, can anyone link me to a diagram of the exhaust?

Old 04-09-2022, 01:13 AM

Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts
2020 C63S
Originally Posted by Remo Star
Were you able to do the secondary cat delete? I've called at least half a dozen muffler shops around Dallas area and they refused to do it.
really? They don’t sound fun at all LOL

I’ll be doing it now but I’ll just have my shop guys do it
Old 01-27-2023, 01:10 AM

c63
really? They don’t sound fun at all LOL

I’ll be doing it now but I’ll just have my shop guys do it
any updates on your journey to proper exhaust sound? Did you see much diff with EVM and/or with 2nd cat delete?

i also picked up 2020 c63 recently and wishing some more volume

will 2nd cat delete void warranty? I read few thread before and was quite clear.

Old 01-27-2023, 10:44 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63S Sedan
I've added a renntech evm and that helps a lot. Found a used one here on the forums!
Old 01-27-2023, 12:10 PM

c63
Originally Posted by Shreddie
I've added a renntech evm and that helps a lot. Found a used one here on the forums!
nice. I cannot wait to get a hold of one.
Old 01-27-2023, 04:31 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,698 Likes on 2,295 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by deuxxx
nice. I cannot wait to get a hold of one.
Also consider CETE, depending on your preferences, CETE is also recommended by many forum members of this forum. https://www.active-sound.eu/en/merce...-valve-control

Another thing is, renntech is licensed for use in USA and basically rebrand of ASR, so buying renntech is more than ASR but ASR as what I heard does not sell to the USA because of that licensing. Here is the one for the facelift 205 C 63 S : https://asr-component.de/gb/begin/82...-ml2-c205.html

That said though, there are people who sell ASR probably locally or online you just need to find someone that is reputable.

Alternatively, you could consider using a mail forwarding service I think and ship it to the mail forwarding service then have that ship to your address in the States, it might still end up being cheaper than renntech

Last but not least, you could also just do something like this: https://burgertuning.com/products/va...r-bypass-plugs
You need two, you just can't control it without getting out of the vehicle plus sound might find the drone too much on the highway.
The following users liked this post:
deuxxx (01-27-2023)
Old 01-27-2023, 04:43 PM

c63
Thank you for the indepth reply. I was just reading through the shipping forward service and its cost to see the cost justification. I already try to order one from asr directly( thanks google god for translation) but at the end it disallowed me due to shipping. I used shipping forward before and had a positive feedback

i will give other suggestions a try as well. I came from bmw (318is, 330ci, e46 m3) then got married and have a truck now lol. This is my first benz and the first toy in a while. Other than the sound, perfect car for me.
Old 01-27-2023, 04:58 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,698 Likes on 2,295 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by deuxxx
Thank you for the indepth reply. I was just reading through the shipping forward service and its cost to see the cost justification. I already try to order one from asr directly( thanks google god for translation) but at the end it disallowed me due to shipping. I used shipping forward before and had a positive feedback

i will give other suggestions a try as well. I came from bmw (318is, 330ci, e46 m3) then got married and have a truck now lol. This is my first benz and the first toy in a while. Other than the sound, perfect car for me.
Welcome to MB, hope you enjoy yours in good heath and yes the exhaust (the opera singer) is a little shy, especially the facelift, the module will "tell" her everything is okay and open "her voice" to a great symphony.