C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can you change C63s seats? Can you transfer the heated/ventilated components?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2021, 07:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63S
Question Can you change C63s seats? Can you transfer the heated/ventilated components?

Hello, I am looking to get a C63s off the market, but I am coming across mainly black seats. I want white seats. I found white seats listed online, exact same model, and same fitment and everything.

My question is: Is it possible to transfer the heated/ventilated components of the car I'm going to buy into the white seats when I install them? How does it work? Will it be plug n play?
I want to be able to still have the ventilated and heated seats in the new seats and I don't see any posts about it online.

Thank you
Old 11-04-2021, 07:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,899 Likes on 2,609 Posts
2019 C63CS
No, not really. The heating and especially the ventilation is part of the seat and not just the internals. The ventilated seats have perforated leather for the air to flow. Seats w/o ventilation have solid leather, so you'd have to replace the entire seat cover, which might be the easier way to go any. Just replace the black leather seat cover with white leather. If you wanna replace the entire seats then you would have to replace them with seats that have the heating and ventilation already built-in, complete with the perforated leather.

Example: My ventilated performance seats showing the perforated leather

Last edited by superswiss; 11-04-2021 at 07:34 PM.
Old 11-04-2021, 07:36 PM

C63S
In other words, I should buy the seats and take the cover off of them? Is there any place to buy just the seat covers for an AMG white seat? I called Mercedes and they said they don't sell them as parts. How easy is it to change the leather cover?

Last edited by StormHawk; 11-04-2021 at 08:20 PM.
Old 11-04-2021, 07:37 PM

C63S
[DELETED]
Old 11-04-2021, 07:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by StormHawk
In other words, I should buy the seats and take the cover off of them? Is there any place to buy just the seat covers for an AMG white seat? I called Mercedes and they said they don't sell them as parts. How easy is it to change the leather cover?
Pretty much, as long as they are perforated, but then they would already have everything anyway, so you can just replace the whole seats. As far as I know the seat covers are not sold by themselves, unless somebody is selling theirs, or if you can get them from a salvage yard or through an upholstery shop. I've seen instructions posted somewhere on here for how to remove the seat covers, and as far as I remember it's not that hard.
Old 11-04-2021, 07:49 PM

C63S
Okay, thank you. Just to confirm, as long as I swap only the seat covers off, the ventilated component would work properly ?
Old 11-04-2021, 07:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Okay, thank you. Just to confirm, as long as I swap only the seat covers off, the ventilated component would work properly ?
Yes, as long as the current seats have ventilation and the new seat covers are perforated.

Trending Topics

Old 11-04-2021, 07:53 PM

C63S
Okay, so I just realized they only have the heated components, therefore it's not perforated. What would be the solution to that?
Old 11-04-2021, 08:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Okay, so I just realized they only have the heated components, therefore it's not perforated. What would be the solution to that?
Which ones, the current seats or the replacement seats? If the current seats don't have ventilation, then you are out of luck pretty much. Need to wiring harness and door controls as well as door module to retrofit ventilation. If the replacement seats don't have ventilation, then you have to find seats that do. Which type of seats are these? The standard seats or the AMG performance seats, and what year is the car? The AMG performance seats are not available with ventilation prior to the 2019+ FL model years.

Last edited by superswiss; 11-04-2021 at 08:08 PM.
Old 11-04-2021, 08:19 PM

C63S
Originally Posted by superswiss
Which ones, the current seats or the replacement seats? If the current seats don't have ventilation, then you are out of luck pretty much. Need to wiring harness and door controls as well as door module to retrofit ventilation. If the replacement seats don't have ventilation, then you have to find seats that do. Which type of seats are these? The standard seats or the AMG performance seats, and what year is the car? The AMG performance seats are not available with ventilation prior to the 2019+ FL model years.
The replacement seats don't have ventilation. The seats are AMG performance seats in the Designo white stitching design. The car I'm looking at also has AMG performance seats. The car is a 2019. I'm not sure what year the seats are from.
Old 11-04-2021, 08:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
The replacement seats don't have ventilation. The seats are AMG performance seats in the Designo white stitching design. The car I'm looking at also has AMG performance seats. The car is a 2019. I'm not sure what year the seats are from.
I see. Yes, then you have to find AMG performance seats with heating and ventilation model year 2019+, but you won't find them in Designo white, because it was discontinued for the model years 2019+. Below are the different upholstery options for 2019+. The only white are the dual tone platinum white/black seats.