Eisenmann Race exhaust installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 09:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 CL600
Eisenmann Race exhaust installed

Visual:

The muffler cans are surprisingly small. I would say that its the size of a regular fire extiguisher at most. The factory take offs are very very light. so i dont think you save much weight by changing out the stocks. I got the 4 ovals so to the unsuspecting eye it would look like a stock amg muffler found on the 55 vehicles. Both the can as well as the tips are highly polished.

Sound:

I removed the resonators several months ago so keep that in mind. I started the car when the muffler shop had both stock cans off. I was amazed at how quiet the car is even with no mufflers. The car rumbles nicely with the Race-resonator combo. Never again will you wonder whether the car is on or not. The shop told me that since the car is a Twin Turbo, there wont be much of a sound increase. Now ive heard 911 TT's and Supra TT's with a muffler upgrade, the sound is brutal. I like the current volume though, sporty, but not obnoxious.

Performance:

WOW! right off the bat, seems that the little turbo lag from before is now long gone. Step on it and the car just seems to gobble up more pavement than ever. Im not sure how many ponies i gained. (eisenhaus said 12). i would say more like 25-30. The difference felt was about on par with my e39 M5 with a header+muffler job.

I will post pics and a sound clip soon. I need to go out now and burn up some rubber!
Old 02-07-2006, 10:36 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06' Clk 500 Cabriolet, 01' CL 55, 00' Clk 430
Originally Posted by giggalo
Visual:

I got the 4 ovals so to the unsuspecting eye it would look like a stock amg muffler found on the 55 vehicles. Both the can as well as the tips are highly polished.

Oh man, i'm in the market for the exhaust system too. I've been trying to find the one with the oval shape tips but could find any with picture. Could you help me out and take a couple pictures of your exhaust tips? I would really appreciate it. Btw, where did you ordered it and how much?
Old 02-08-2006, 09:31 AM
Almost a Member!

E46 M3
Originally Posted by Clk&Slk
Oh man, i'm in the market for the exhaust system too. I've been trying to find the one with the oval shape tips but could find any with picture. Could you help me out and take a couple pictures of your exhaust tips? I would really appreciate it. Btw, where did you ordered it and how much?

Here is a link to Eisenhaus but if I was you I would buy the exhaust from one of the many MBworld sponsors

http://www.eisenhaus.com/ehprice.php...41&Submit.y=15
Old 02-08-2006, 11:28 AM

NSX
Linh, I have been telling you, get the Eisenmann for a long time... but you have to do some crazy thing that no one else does like always by getting this part and that part and gluing it together and then modifying it with some other parts and then polishing it and posting a pic on the forum that says "I've done it!" hehehe
Attached Thumbnails Eisenmann Race exhaust installed-cost1.jpg  
Old 02-08-2006, 01:53 PM

2003 CL600
pictures and video

----------->video<-------------

Last edited by giggalo; 02-08-2006 at 07:29 PM.
Old 02-08-2006, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by AMG2GO
Linh, I have been telling you, get the Eisenmann for a long time... but you have to do some crazy thing that no one else does like always by getting this part and that part and gluing it together and then modifying it with some other parts and then polishing it and posting a pic on the forum that says "I've done it!" hehehe
Come to Papa!! (Looking @ AMG2GO's pic)
Old 02-08-2006, 11:06 PM

NSX
Thanks for the video! It sounds awesome! But your car sounds distinctly different than mine. There is a "burble" in this one that is not there in mine. Mine is more of a smooth "vroom", without the broken pop-pop-pop... and quieter....

You have the resonators still, right? Looks like they changed the design on the pipes, your pipes hang a bit lower and seem to clear the bumper cutouts. Mine are higher and fit all the way up into the cutout. And the tips aren't really tips... its the diameter of the pipe all the way to the muffler.
Old 02-09-2006, 12:52 AM

2003 CL600
the resonators are off

Well i think our cars are different. I have the 03 where the engine is a twin turbo. I think you have the NA version right?
these are tips welded onto the pipes. I took the video on a cold start, so maybe that also attributed to the extra rumble

Last edited by giggalo; 02-09-2006 at 01:08 PM.
Old 02-09-2006, 03:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by AMG2GO

I'm happy with my mods but now i want more. Sound and power is what's i'm missing. I still prefer the AMG tips. Don't know what to do now...?
Old 02-13-2006, 10:58 PM
Banned

I've made my decision...........

I want to thanks every for your opinion and specially Neal for answered all my question. I'm sorry to disappointed you guys but i decided on the factory quad AMG exhaust because of the tips. It just look so much wider and better then the aftermarket style one. I know the factory won't sound as good but with the resonator remove, it should sound just fine for me. Plus i got a good deal on the system at wholesale price for $1700 !! So i ordered it today.Thank you everyone. Neal, i'm still looking forward to the CL carbon fiber lip.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:16 AM

2005 CL 500
Quad tip exhaust

I'm looking for the same thing but for an S class. Where did you order the exhaust from, if you don't mind me asking? Thanks in advance
Old 02-14-2006, 03:15 PM
Banned

I ordered mine from Hoehn Mercedes in Carlsbad, Ca.
Old 02-14-2006, 04:17 PM
Almost a Member!

E46 M3
Originally Posted by chuckace
I'm looking for the same thing but for an S class. Where did you order the exhaust from, if you don't mind me asking? Thanks in advance

Eisenhaus has a dealer locator http://www.eisenhaus.com/dealerloc.php