CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

cl500 double glazing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 11:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG, CL500, Jag StypeR, SLK200, Aygo, Audi TT
Originally Posted by Jay9722
Well I got the call this morning...brakes are newly replaced in March of 07 so they won't replace for squeaking but will put brake grease on for $150 an axle(no thanks). And now what you have all been waiting for....drum roll please...THEY ARE REPLACING MY GLASS!!! They car went out of warranty in October but they are replacing on "good faith." The driver's side is a done deal but the passenger side isn't bad yet so my service guy is trying to talk them in to replacing it as well.
Of course my rattling cats aren't rattling at the dealership so not gonna replace em. I swear something is rattling!
For all those who need it I will PM my chassis # when I get the car back.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give us your chassis number (PM) to me and Beecham so we can kick some UK MB dealership **** !!!
Old 11-28-2007, 03:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Cl 500
um, whats a chassis number?

can it be of some use to me if i didnt buy mine certified or from a benz dealer, and if i have a after market warranty?

ALi
Old 11-29-2007, 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by goliath27
um, whats a chassis number?

can it be of some use to me if i didnt buy mine certified or from a benz dealer, and if i have a after market warranty?

ALi
Chassis number \ VIN number same thing
Old 11-29-2007, 04:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Cl 500
oh lol

um, so like, how would this help?

before i get banned, i would like to know lol

(see Womens rights thread under posts i made)

ALi
Old 11-29-2007, 04:44 AM

Ok so the plan is to have the VIN of cars where windows were shagged and MB did a 'goodwill' replacement of the windows. You see over here in the UK the dealerships have told us they are not under warrenty and we have to fork out £2K + for the glass plus the labour to fit. Yet it has become apparent that the Pilkington glass had manufacturing faults and thats why soem of us have bubbles and splitting glass. So why should WE pay for it? So we want to gather evidence to show that MB have replaced these windows without charge and then hit the dealerships with all the data. I am taking my CL in to MB in about 2 weeks time (I also have 2 warrenty issues - comand wont read CD or eject CD and heated seats are dead) and ill be brining up the window issue again
Old 11-29-2007, 08:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Cl 500
cool, good luck, would be a great thing if i can get MB to do mine.

think they'll do it for free?

here are my pics, sorry for the delay in time and the quality, camera phone

that is what that **** looks like with TINT, and DIRT lol

ALi
Old 11-29-2007, 09:47 PM

Big and Heavy 03 CL
bubbles

Holy Sh*t...I thought I had a bubble problem! I had at most three teeeny tiny bubbles on the edge of my driver's side and two on the passenger side and they are replacing them. I am just amazed that MB won't do anything for you...that is unacceptable on cars like these. MB should be ashamed for turning their backs. Hopefully I will get the car back tomorrow and I will forward some info your way.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:52 AM

cool, good luck, would be a great thing if i can get MB to do mine.

think they'll do it for free?

here are my pics, sorry for the delay in time and the quality, camera phone

that is what that **** looks like with TINT, and DIRT lol

ALi
Hey dude - you sure you didnt come and photo MY car windows cause they look EXACTLY the same!!

Yeah it looks SH*T and personally I'm not gonna stop with this until MB give in - its all wrong man.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Cl 500
HAHA Jay's tripping. i never even went to them about it. like i said, i bought the car from a used lot. who do i ***** to? theirs no warranty left on the ****in thing

ALi
Old 11-30-2007, 03:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Cl 500
Originally Posted by shanusanus
Hey dude - you sure you didnt come and photo MY car windows cause they look EXACTLY the same!!

Yeah it looks SH*T and personally I'm not gonna stop with this until MB give in - its all wrong man.

damn. you know it wont be as bad to look at if i didn't have tints. but the first thing i noticed when i got my windows done, was THAT, and it hurt lol.

ALi
Old 11-30-2007, 09:44 PM

Big and Heavy 03 CL
It's Done!

Man you MUST keep us informed - if you get it done as goodwill please let us know your Chassis No (PM it us) so we can use it as ammo against our dealers here in the UK
Well, I got a call from Pat, my service guy/God, and he told me that she is done. The cats never did rattle for them so no new ones...and the cost to resurface and grease the rotors is too much to pay if she is gonna sit in the garage all winter, and finally the windows...I got one done for free! The driver's side was bad enough(not like the hideous window pics on this thread ) but bad enough that they replaced it. The passenger side is still okay but when it starts bubbling they will replace it. The grand total for all of this...$0. I am including the link for the dealership and just let me know if you need my VIN(chassis #) for ammunition in your own fight and I will PM it. Happy hunting to you all.
http://justmercedes.com/publish/temp...-8731d22a2d58&
Old 11-30-2007, 09:54 PM

Big and Heavy 03 CL
Actual costs

By the way...I was told that each door window is roughly $500 and labor is approx 2 hours each...so figure $110 per hour...you're looking at $1440 out the door.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Cl 500
Well, I got a call from Pat, my service guy/God, and he told me that she is done. The cats never did rattle for them so no new ones...and the cost to resurface and grease the rotors is too much to pay if she is gonna sit in the garage all winter, and finally the windows...I got one done for free! The driver's side was bad enough(not like the hideous window pics on this thread ) but bad enough that they replaced it. The passenger side is still okay but when it starts bubbling they will replace it. The grand total for all of this...$0. I am including the link for the dealership and just let me know if you need my VIN(chassis #) for ammunition in your own fight and I will PM it. Happy hunting to you all.

i think i'm really about to cry, thanks

damn i hate this, did you have a factory warranty or did they cover it under some diff terms, can you please ask?

ALi
Old 11-30-2007, 10:24 PM

Big and Heavy 03 CL
no warranty

It was done on "good faith" or whatever that means. I'm very surprised they fixed it as my warranty expired in October...its an 03 CL with 45K on the ODO. It wasn't covered by anything. I have been taking the car to the dealership where I purchased her and I have been going to the same Service Manager. I think he really went to bat for me. Did you buy from Mercedes or a used dealer? It might be worth looking into a different warranty company. It might also be worth having a little "accident" where both windows need replacing....maybe moving a ladder near the car?
Old 11-30-2007, 10:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Cl 500
It was done on "good faith" or whatever that means. I'm very surprised they fixed it as my warranty expired in October...its an 03 CL with 45K on the ODO. It wasn't covered by anything. I have been taking the car to the dealership where I purchased her and I have been going to the same Service Manager. I think he really went to bat for me. Did you buy from Mercedes or a used dealer? It might be worth looking into a different warranty company. It might also be worth having a little "accident" where both windows need replacing....maybe moving a ladder near the car?
thats what i was wondering. the thing is that it does not bother me enough to spend the 500 on the accidental lol. i can spend it somewere else unless i have to of course.

wait, was it good will because you bought it from that same dealer?

ALi
Old 11-30-2007, 10:39 PM

Big and Heavy 03 CL
good faith

thats what i was wondering. the thing is that it does not bother me enough to spend the 500 on the accidental lol. i can spend it somewere else unless i have to of course.

wait, was it good will because you bought it from that same dealer?

ALi
I am definitely thinking that. I don't think another MBZ dealer would've done it, especially out of warranty. They don't stand to gain anything since my business goes to my primary dealer.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Cl 500
I am definitely thinking that. I don't think another MBZ dealer would've done it, especially out of warranty. They don't stand to gain anything since my business goes to my primary dealer.

see, now THATS why i stand no chance lol

ALi
Old 12-01-2007, 04:01 AM

Hi dude - yes please PM us your VIN number - thanks

And well doen on getting yours sorted
Old 12-08-2007, 06:51 AM

Took my car in for initial looking at - variuos things - including the danm windows.

No 'official' answer as to whether MB are gonna pay for replacements but its booked in for defo 7th Jan for a week - I get a stupid B class as a courtesy car though! just what I paid top dollar for a CL for!!
Old 12-15-2007, 05:09 AM

Ok car is due in to have 'loads' of warrenty work done inc new comand, new seat heaters, new parts in the drivers seat and an engine fault code which requires furher investigation. There gonna have it a week - and at the end they will let me know what the score is with my windows. Fingers crossed.

Old 12-15-2007, 07:44 AM

cl500 w215
be sure to let me know how you get on asap! ok
Old 12-15-2007, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by beacham
be sure to let me know how you get on asap! ok
you heard anything back from your letter you wrote to head office yet beecham?
Old 12-15-2007, 01:54 PM

Big and Heavy 03 CL
ammo

Ok car is due in to have 'loads' of warrenty work done inc new comand, new seat heaters, new parts in the drivers seat and an engine fault code which requires furher investigation. There gonna have it a week - and at the end they will let me know what the score is with my windows. Fingers crossed.

Did you use my VIN and dealer info as ammo or did it not make a difference to them?
Old 12-15-2007, 02:50 PM

I told them your VIN as well as 1 other I have and im now waiting until jan 7th when the car goes in and all parts for the other issues I have are in stock. I have fingers crossed - thanks for your help though mate
Old 12-15-2007, 03:58 PM

cl500 w215
yes i did here back, not good news though! not really interested in how there treated in the state i.e a lot better than us

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: cl500 double glazing