Traded in my SL for a CL!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 12:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 SL500 Sport
Traded in my SL for a CL!

Hello Group!

I guess I'll have to start posting here now, because I just got rid of my SL!

It was so beautiful to look at... putting the hardtop down stopped traffic cold! It had every option I could want and the sport package really kicked it up a notch in terms of style... but I couldn't take the ride anymore. On a bad road, it bucked and slammed worse than Pamela Anderson on her honeymoon!

I got the CL500 Sport.... The very definition of a magic carpet ride!

I've had it for three days now, and I have to say, compared to the SL, the CL has an opulent cabin fit for royalty! Wood for days... The extra room in this car makes you realize how constricting the SL is!

I know I'll miss my SL on sunny days... but as it drives by, I'll have to keep reminding myself that I nearly lost a filling driving over a pebble in that torture chamber.... albeit a good looking torture chamber with Keyless Go and a Pano Roof!
Old 11-10-2007, 02:06 PM

Nice to hear. I was test driving cars all yesterday. I was on market for a bmw 745li or a cl500. I was blow away with a qualilty of the CL500. Leather everywhere. Even on the dashboard. ABC controls and also lifting the car higher. I felt like I was riding on clowds. Steering is very easy and the car is very spacious. Auto seats. Then I went over to bmw and drove the 745Li. Plastic dash and plastic rear a/c vents. Even the door handles where loose because they are made out of cheap plastic. The 745 is the only car I like by bmw as far as looks. The cars was just too big for me and I felt more like a limo driver. Only thing I fear about the CL500 is the ABC problems. Is there any warranty companies that will cover this?
Old 11-10-2007, 07:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Cl 500
congrats man, post some pics and stuff, welcome

ALi
Old 11-11-2007, 11:08 PM

CL 65 '09, ML 63 '09. The wife's: 09' SL 63 & S550.
HA! I did the same thing with my SL for a CL550 Launch Edition last April...absolutely the right choice for me...Love this car, never looked back at the SL in regret. Enjoy the ride!

D.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:54 PM

Congrats and great choice.. Can't go wrong with a CL..
Old 11-14-2007, 10:19 AM

I am actually thinking of the reverse

I love my CL500 but I am thinking of trading it for a SL500. I really don't use the back seats and miss a drop top.

If I found someone that would do it, I would.

Rippey
Old 11-14-2007, 12:52 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 SL55, 2000 CL500
Just get both. It solves the problem.
CL during the week. SL on the weekends and for dates.

Seriously. I too love my CL but its a tank. If you dont need a big trunk and back seats and are not as big as a pro ball player. The SL is more car for the $$$$ and is just a wonderful thing on those nice sunny days.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:07 AM

2003 SL500 Sport
CL or 745?

Originally Posted by cccablecompany
Nice to hear. I was test driving cars all yesterday. I was on market for a bmw 745li or a cl500. I was blow away with a qualilty of the CL500. Leather everywhere. Even on the dashboard. ABC controls and also lifting the car higher. I felt like I was riding on clowds. Steering is very easy and the car is very spacious. Auto seats. Then I went over to bmw and drove the 745Li. Plastic dash and plastic rear a/c vents. Even the door handles where loose because they are made out of cheap plastic. The 745 is the only car I like by bmw as far as looks. The cars was just too big for me and I felt more like a limo driver. Only thing I fear about the CL500 is the ABC problems. Is there any warranty companies that will cover this?
My car came with a Starmark warranty good till 10/2010! You can definitely get either a Mercedes or an after market warranty. My friend just bought a Mercedes warranty on that SL I sold him! It was an 03, out of warranty... cost him about $3k... but you're right, sometimes I hear the ABC can go on these cars... and that'd be more than $3K! Also, I've heard of Nav's burning out... ouch! I'll post pics of my new CL when I can... I also agree, the 7 series is the only BMW design I can stomach right now! I considered it also... but when I had my 03 S class... I always felt like people thought I was either a limo driver or I was driving my dad's car... really big for just 1 person 75% of the time. The CL is still big, but you get that feeling of luxury and exclusivity without the bulk of a huge sedan. Go for it!